Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

NINTENDO! Release the karts!!!!!!

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/mario-kart-8-deluxe

No big shock given it's a re-release, but 94 avg from 40 critics...

GitHype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Why does my Switch say "Don't lock next time" at the top right of the screen every time I take it out of sleep in portable mode?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Spacebump posted:

Why does my Switch say "Don't lock next time" at the top right of the screen every time I take it out of sleep in portable mode?

So that you don't have to press 3 buttons to play. You don't have to use it.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Infinitum posted:

Bomber DLC this Friday

https://twitter.com/bomberman573/status/854986710031024129

- General improvements
- Difficulty adjustment
- New stage

It looks as though they increased the framerate. Konami made out like bandits by having a game out for the Switch's launch. It's nice to see them support the game after its success.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Spacebump posted:

I will say their VC prices are garbage and not consumer friendly.

How would you rank them compared to the PS Classics library pricing?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I got the Wonder Boy remake and I'm enjoying it quite a bit, but man it barely gives you any direction, huh

Like I still haven't even found the antidote to make me human again

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Spacebump posted:

It's a checkbox that you can enable, not a demand :ssh:

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I got the Wonder Boy remake and I'm enjoying it quite a bit, but man it barely gives you any direction, huh

There isn't one, the pig is insulting you because you're ugly

yes that's what's actually happening. you defeated the "end boss" in the tutorial, the entire game is you trying to fix that whole "turned into an animal" problem

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 21, 2017

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

There isn't one, the pig is insulting you because you're ugly

yes that's what's actually happening. you defeated the "end boss" in the tutorial, the entire game is you trying to fix that whole "turned into an animal" problem

Oh wow, that's great actually

Dreamy Souffle
Feb 22, 2011

Just cause
I like my diamonds bright
ain't saying I'm wrong
or if it's right but baby
I haven't been wrong before

What's an antidote gonna do about a magic curse, huh? :colbert:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dreamy Souffle posted:

What's an antidote gonna do about a magic curse, huh? :colbert:

I spent at least 10 minutes running around town trying to figure out what the trigger was to get the nurse to give me the free cure that kept making an error noise when I tried to select it

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Takoluka posted:

How would you rank them compared to the PS Classics library pricing?

I don't have a Playstation so I wouldn't know how the prices compare. Compared to what I generally pay for classic games on Steam or Xbone, the prices are bad.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Spacebump posted:

I don't have a Playstation so I wouldn't know how the prices compare. Compared to what I generally pay for classic games on Steam or Xbone, the prices are bad.

How much are non-sale prices of those classics? (genuinely asking)

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
$10 - $14 for ps2 games. Nintendo was making you pay $15 for N64

Dreamy Souffle
Feb 22, 2011

Just cause
I like my diamonds bright
ain't saying I'm wrong
or if it's right but baby
I haven't been wrong before

I spent at least 10 minutes running around town trying to figure out what the trigger was to get the nurse to give me the free cure that kept making an error noise when I tried to select it

Psh, past video game experiences should have taught you that antidotes are strictly for vague definitions of poison! But in all seriousness they really ought to have adjusted that one line, yeah. If not to something else entirely, then at least to something less specific, it's a little too easy to draw a connection to the doctor.

Related, holy hell I sure am having a time trying to platform in the Mouse-man segment of The Unknown.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's like the end goal of the entire game

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Empress Brosephine posted:

$10 - $14 for ps2 games. Nintendo was making you pay $15 for N64

What? N64 games were $10 on both Wii and Wii U VC (except import games which were $12).

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dreamy Souffle posted:

Psh, past video game experiences should have taught you that antidotes are strictly for vague definitions of poison! But in all seriousness they really ought to have adjusted that one line, yeah. If not to something else entirely, then at least to something less specific, it's a little too easy to draw a connection to the doctor.

Related, holy hell I sure am having a time trying to platform in the Mouse-man segment of The Unknown.

Yeah, that was the last one I did because I had to leave and do literally every other one out of frustration. Definitely the Wario Land 3 school of "well you didn't technically die...." platforming.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Takoluka posted:

How much are non-sale prices of those classics? (genuinely asking)

On Xbone it varies from $10 for Castlevania SOTN to Red Dead Redemption at $30 or Rare Replay (most of the good rare games) also at 30. When I'm getting classic games it's usually on sale on Xbone (they have small amounts of titles on sale weekly and maybe 2 or 3 large sales a year), on Steam if I'm buying classic games they are either about $5 or it's an impulse buy from a sale. (It seems like they have random sales going on all the time but I don't game on my pc as much as on consoles.)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Infinitum posted:

Bomber DLC this Friday

https://twitter.com/bomberman573/status/854986710031024129

- General improvements
- Difficulty adjustment
- New stage

Does "general improvements" mean "we made the game playable"?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The non-sale prices of PS1 Classics are $5-10 depending on the game, and PS2 Classics are $10-15. They frequently see heavy discounts too, like every month there's usually a couple weekly sales that slash PS4 version PS2 Classics to like $3 a pop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfwKkt6bYC8

Here's a full changelog of the Bomberman update. Apparently the game now runs at 60FPS.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DC Murderverse posted:

Does "general improvements" mean "we made the game playable"?

They actually have pretty extensive patch notes.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Policenaut posted:

The non-sale prices of PS1 Classics are $5-10 depending on the game, and PS2 Classics are $10-15. They frequently see heavy discounts too, like every month there's usually a couple weekly sales that slash PS4 version PS2 Classics to like $3 a pop.

Here's a full changelog of the Bomberman update. Apparently the game now runs at 60FPS.

Hopefully "improved the controls" actually means that it's playable, because I booted it up once and it was loving garbage and I haven't touched it since.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bomberman is... good?

:chanpop:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm actually sort of surprised at this turn of events. I fully expected this to be Konami exploiting a lacking launch lineup with some slapdash nostalgia bait and for them to forget about it after they released it, but no they seriously seem to be trying to address criticisms. I still think it's way too expensive ($69.99 up here in Canada) but drat Konami is making it more and more tempting to bite. If it was on sale for like twenty bucks off or something I'd probably bite.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

Bomberman is... good?

Nope

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

the controls are fixed! it doesn't play like sloppy, slippery garbage anymore

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Bomberman is... good?

It controls a lot better then when I was playing it a week ago.
It still has online slowdown but now you can see who is causing the problem because it show how strong player's signals are before the match.

Also there are 2 new hats and 4 new stages.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah Bomberman is actually pretty fun with these fixes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Zq8EMCdZ4

SMASH KART RELEASE THE TRACKS

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That's actually a really impressive update. I think I'll pick Bomberman up now.

Good job...... Konami?!?!?:eyepop:

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 21, 2017

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I told you soooo

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Mmmm gimmie dat Bomberman cameo fun yum yum yum.

Gimmie dat Pyramid Head Bomber y'know PH is only good for one thing these days and that's selling out and to be honest that's fine. At least he's not actually popping up inappropriately in Silent Hill games proper anymore.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I look forward to Mount Wario craziness again. drat that's a good track.

Edit: booted the old Wii U up to spin it back up and couldn't remember the buttons until the race started and then instantly remembered everything, even my lines through the course. Played this game more than I thought.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 21, 2017

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Anyone know what could be up with my switch?

Both controllers seem to work wirelessly just fine. As soon as I dock them to the Switch, the left Joycon doesn't want to work properly. Like I can navigate the menus with the left stick, but it doesn't work in any game. Both controllers will show up as white icons in the menu at the bottom, but when I attach the left joycon, it then becomes a dark gray.

Worked fine last time I played my Switch.

Should also note that this is the Joycon I sent in to have repaired.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tried a bit of Bomberman after the update dropped

It's super good, I'm genuinely impressed.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm thinking Konami rushed out Bomberman for that sweet sweet launch title cash-in, when it clearly had problems, and now they're going about getting it up to snuff.

This is a nice change of pace for Konami and their bullshit of late.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

owns

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Infinitum posted:

I'm thinking Konami rushed out Bomberman for that sweet sweet launch title cash-in, when it clearly had problems, and now they're going about getting it up to snuff.

This is a nice change of pace for Konami and their bullshit of late.

maybe the pachinko business isn't all they thought it was going to be

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

maybe the pachinko business isn't all they thought it was going to be

I heard that basically right after they went full pachinko, some laws were passed that made it significantly less profitable :laugh:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Astro7x posted:

Anyone know what could be up with my switch?

Both controllers seem to work wirelessly just fine. As soon as I dock them to the Switch, the left Joycon doesn't want to work properly. Like I can navigate the menus with the left stick, but it doesn't work in any game. Both controllers will show up as white icons in the menu at the bottom, but when I attach the left joycon, it then becomes a dark gray.

Worked fine last time I played my Switch.

Should also note that this is the Joycon I sent in to have repaired.
The joycons connect physically, not wirelessly, when attached to the Switch. Check the physical connection port on both the left joycon (at the very bottom of the black slider rail, underneath the overhang) and on the Switch (and the very bottom of the slider channel) to make sure they're not obstructed by foreign particles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
60fps and simon belbomber goddamnit i might be buying thsis when i get home

• Locked thread