Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I woke up today and found out that there still isn't a virtual console for the Nintendo Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I woke up today and found out that there still isn't a virtual console for the Nintendo Switch.

There's a bunch of Neo Geo virtual console games. And an old Sega master system game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Astro7x posted:

That's interesting... I always thought that the touch screen thing needing to be replicated with a controller so that they could release a budget Switch 3 years from now without a tablet.

Worked for pstv

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Same, it was horrifying.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Astro7x posted:

That's interesting... I always thought that the touch screen thing needing to be replicated with a controller so that they could release a budget Switch 3 years from now without a tablet.

Or maybe they could create a Switch where you have the console hooked to the tv, and then you have a tablet in your hand that allows touchscreen input on the separate console.

Something like that would do incredibly well, I'd bet.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
the only thing that will sate my hunger for super mario world is mario kart

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I can't wait to play Satan's game next week.

Same, I've been practicing my t-spins and laddering for Puyo Puyo Tetris, the one true fighting game

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Real hurthling! posted:

Worked for pstv
But you can't play the majority of games on the PSTV that have any sort of crucial touch screen component to play the game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I woke up this morning and i got outta bed, found out that there still isn't a virtual console for the Nintendo Switch.

Oooooo eeeeeee, what up with that?! What up with that?!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Or maybe they could create a Switch where you have the console hooked to the tv, and then you have a tablet in your hand that allows touchscreen input on the separate console.

Something like that would do incredibly well, I'd bet.

U might have something there

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

parallelodad posted:

Rainbow road is great. All the girls at the party put on a different colored lipstick and then, you know, play Mario Kart.

Chicks love the Mario moustache ride

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Phantasium posted:

I was about to tell Infinitum that Kamiko is coming out next week in the west now but no idea if that includes Australia.

Yeah it's up in the Coming Soon section on the Aus eShop. Cheers mate.

$6.50AUD 27/4 release. Indies are the best~

Like apparently it's only around an hour to beat, but it's less than a couple of plays at an arcade. Worth the purchase I reckon.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey thread, my friends Switch has this weird problem where it says that it's charging but stops at 86% and drains super fast- but when it gets to 5% it can go on for another hour and a half. It's effecting his controllers too from what I understand, just something hosed with the display.

He sent it in like a week and a half ago and just got it back and the problem is still there. Should I tell him to send it in again or is there some solution floating around for this?

Squashing Machine posted:

Same, I've been practicing my t-spins and laddering for Puyo Puyo Tetris, the one true fighting game

I can't wrap my head around Puyo at all but it's still really fun to play even if I'm about as good as a baby at setting up chains. Tetris though I think I'm pretty okay at. Here's to hoping the full game helps me improve at both :buddy:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That seems weird. Unless something is wrong with his battery, letting it cycle a few times should fix the calibration so it gives a more realistic level.

I can't seem to really grasp Puyo Puyo at all. I am decent at Tetris but I always forget to look at my pieces coming up. I think that's why i'm not good at Puyo puyo. That seems like a game where you have to plan everything, and you can't treat each piece as a new puzzle like you can with Tetris.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bomber DLC this Friday

https://twitter.com/bomberman573/status/854986710031024129

- General improvements
- Difficulty adjustment
- New stage

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hey thread, my friends Switch has this weird problem where it says that it's charging but stops at 86% and drains super fast- but when it gets to 5% it can go on for another hour and a half. It's effecting his controllers too from what I understand, just something hosed with the display.

He sent it in like a week and a half ago and just got it back and the problem is still there. Should I tell him to send it in again or is there some solution floating around for this?

I can't wrap my head around Puyo at all but it's still really fun to play even if I'm about as good as a baby at setting up chains. Tetris though I think I'm pretty okay at. Here's to hoping the full game helps me improve at both :buddy:

I hear that the fix is to let it run all the way down until it shuts off, then recharge it to recalibrate the battery sensor or whatever, but if it persisted after sending it in I don't know that it'd be worth trying again before they've figured out the issue for real

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Saw a copy of first run Binding of Isaac and had an itch for playing again so I got it, anyone else immediately reverse the cover? The art is much cleaner looking for a cover I think.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Saw a copy of first run Binding of Isaac and had an itch for playing again so I got it, anyone else immediately reverse the cover? The art is much cleaner looking for a cover I think.

I immediately returned it due to looking insanely weird and gross.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
play metal slug 3 and neo turf masters

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I immediately returned it due to looking insanely weird and gross.

The cover has a reversible side that's waaaay less gross and more like the in game art

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Astro7x posted:

But you can't play the majority of games on the PSTV that have any sort of crucial touch screen component to play the game.

Exactly

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can't loving wait to play Mario Kart next week. I don't think I've played a MK game since double dash

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I can't loving wait to play Mario Kart next week. I don't think I've played a MK game since double dash

You're in for a treat. It even brings back two of the cool battle modes from Double Dash.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Infinitum posted:

Bomber DLC this Friday

https://twitter.com/bomberman573/status/854986710031024129

- General improvements
- Difficulty adjustment
- New stage

I told you all bomberman was good

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

NINTENDO! Release the karts!!!!!!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
PPT needs to come out already so I don't have to keep resetting the game.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Told my friend to let the batteries run out, he called up to Nintendo while thats going on and they basically said "yeah we get so many of these things in maaaybe we kinda didn't give it much of a glance and just sent it back." so lol top quality on that.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

My Nintendo coins expire? Hahaha, gently caress you Nintendo.

Nov 24, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

PPT needs to come out already so I don't have to keep resetting the game.
:yeah:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can we still pretend Nintendo is the most consumer friendly

Maxwellsdemon
Nov 12, 2007
meh
Grimey Drawer
My local Walmart has 4 switches and 11 copies of metroid other M.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Club Nintendo was too pure for this world.

We never got stuff as cool as the stuff the Japanese one had. We got some of their good stuff, but most never came over.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Don't they sell like, special tablets that essentially look like prototype switches with integrated physical controllers that make emulating stuff super easy? Is all the commotion over the NES and potential SNES mini just wanting to get one because it looks nice?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Calaveron posted:

Don't they sell like, special tablets that essentially look like prototype switches with integrated physical controllers that make emulating stuff super easy?

Is this real?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

Is this real?

Not if it's a statement that will own me in some way

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

Only if we can pretend your posting is good

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Calaveron posted:

Not if it's a statement that will own me in some way

I owned myself, I thought you were talking about Japanese Club Nintendo rewards being some strange-rear end tablet thing. I'm dumb.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

I owned myself, I thought you were talking about Japanese Club Nintendo rewards being some strange-rear end tablet thing. I'm dumb.

Everyone makes mistakes friend, I don't consider you owned

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

They are still significantly more consumer friendly than most companies I buy electronics from. I just don't get free game holders, 3ds, Wii U, and classic games from them anymore. I shipped off my joy con to be fixed on a Tuesday and got it back on Friday.

I will say their VC prices are garbage and not consumer friendly.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The most insulting "reward" for me was when Xbox gave me 15 cents in MS points for my birthday.

I really hope My Nintendo gets as good as Club Nintendo eventually. I scored like 20 free games that last year from hording points.

• Locked thread