Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

im p sure tho that there are aliens who just go around killing other alien civilizations and humanities days are numbered already
theres planetbusters either en route NOW or will be as soon as our space search radars are picked up by the hunterkillers

lol yeah until they run into the manimal sphere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Baloogan posted:

im p sure tho that there are aliens who just go around killing other alien civilizations and humanities days are numbered already
theres planetbusters either en route NOW or will be as soon as our space search radars are picked up by the hunterkillers

haha no that's gonna be us. all the other intelligent aliens in the universe are cute cuddly bear things that live in trees and have starships made out of bamboo and mud and funny salamanders that just like to cruise.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Baloogan posted:

people are like "lol tv transmissions"
but were doing volume searches of space using powerful radars that are likely to go much further (and be more annoying for aliens)
we're searching space with radar to find ICBMs; but what we're really doing is asking to get killed by the hunterkillers

what ya drinking tonight? :sax::sax::sax:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

manmal is protecting us from aliens even now

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Lol imagine Trump being in charge of first contact

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

I did a thing posted:

what ya drinking tonight? :sax::sax::sax:

Ballantine's and coke

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
trump will molest an alien in my lifetime

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
He would scam the poo poo outta those aliens, art of the deal you little green bastards

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Tiler Kiwi posted:

nah he got ICE to do that for him

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
you know what upsets me the most?

theres super epic jiant space opera battles with beautiful princesses and dashing princes in massive space ships happening RIGHT THE gently caress NOW and i can't know about it

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
trump will sell us out in order to hump a grey space babe with a wig

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If aliens exists they are probably so loving dumb to physically travel light years just to get a devastating own by me commenting their clothes/social status, etc.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Tiler Kiwi posted:

[melania]

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i was looking at the stars on a dark country night, and i saw a quick blink like a moderately bright star appeared and disappeared almost as quickly as a camera flash. i totally saw luke blow up that death star dude

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

there are aliens but theyre just humans with lumpy heads or pointy ears

an infinite universe and its just fuckin humans everywhere and some of em are sad and some of em are angry

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tiler Kiwi posted:

trump will sell us out in order to hump a grey space babe with a wig

same

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

if you drive up a tall hill at night and look down at the city youll see a bunch of lights, each one of those lights is a house with people just like you living in it and theyre just as numb as you are. maybe number. mambo number five.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
stephen colbert laughs in front of his studio audience, shuffles his feet a bit "man, alien invasions, huh? just when things were going so well for us here" audience laughs and applauds, then colbert raises a single eyebrow, prompting more laughs and he has to awkwardly hold it for ten seconds for the laughter to die down "looks like the wall's gonna have to get a ceiling" audience hoots in laughter right before the space laser disintegrates them all, leaving nothing but skulls still chattering their teeth in appreciation at colbert's final devastating own

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Homeless Friend posted:

Lol imagine Trump being in charge of first contact

I hope we make contact with another civilization before I die.

But Day 100 approaches.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Baloogan posted:

theres super epic jiant space opera battles with beautiful princesses and dashing princes in massive space ships happening RIGHT THE gently caress NOW and i can't know about it

flash gordon got in the game and he was just some sorta fuckin football player. should be easy for a goon.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

RIGHT NOW an extremely handsome alien that looks like a praying mantis with flowing hair just rescued a space babe and you'll never know

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

Homeless Friend posted:

He would scam the poo poo outta those aliens, art of the deal you little green bastards

SNL did a skit actually now that I think on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrkJM4JUB28

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

stephen colbert laughs in front of his studio audience, shuffles his feet a bit "man, alien invasions, huh? just when things were going so well for us here" audience laughs and applauds, then colbert raises a single eyebrow, prompting more laughs and he has to awkwardly hold it for ten seconds for the laughter to die down "looks like the wall's gonna have to get a ceiling" audience hoots in laughter right before the space laser disintegrates them all, leaving nothing but skulls still chattering their teeth in appreciation at colbert's final devastating own

Lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
one other thing that freaks me out is that theres 360 degrees or whatever

im facing towards half the univeres, the other half gets to look at my rear end but i can switch that easy by just turning around once

read this

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I did a thing posted:

I hope we make contact with another civilization before I die.

But Day 100 approaches.

day 200: trump makes first contact with atlantis, brokers a peace, they turn down the ocean CO2 emissions, trump now officially the best person who ever lived

day 300: nuclear hellfire

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Baloogan posted:

one other thing that freaks me out is that theres 360 degrees or whatever

im facing towards half the univeres, the other half gets to look at my rear end but i can switch that easy by just turning around once

read this

i hope you pronounce that dickronauts

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
some galaxy a million light years away from your perspective inscribes a MASSIVE loving CIRCLE and travels many million times the speed of light from your perspective when you spin around 360 degrees

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You can flip off a significant percentage of the known universe just by giving the finger in any random direction.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

somewhere out there is a species that has four or more sexes and biological reproduction follows a sequence and there are separate taboo categories for every permutation of the sequence which deviates from the natural progression, and it was the need to comprehend the number of resulting fetishes that led to their development of higher maths and eventually interstellar hegemony, though their ability to communicate with other intelligent life is limited by their language being 98.3% comprised of words roughly translatable to "human being"

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

VectorSigma posted:

somewhere out there is a species that has four or more sexes and biological reproduction follows a sequence and there are separate taboo categories for every permutation of the sequence which deviates from the natural progression, and it was the need to comprehend the number of resulting fetishes that led to their development of higher maths and eventually interstellar hegemony, though their ability to communicate with other intelligent life is limited by their language being 98.3% comprised of words roughly translatable to "human being"

squanch you

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
We do the k ow anything about aliens so we just inscribe them with our own baggage, like our anime fantasies or fear that our history of violent inhuman colonization will be visited upon us.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

punchymcpunch posted:

flash gordon got in the game and he was just some sorta fuckin football player. should be easy for a goon.

Plus he played for the Jets, so you know the bar is super-low.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

punchymcpunch posted:

day 200: trump makes first contact with atlantis, brokers a peace, they turn down the ocean CO2 emissions, trump now officially the best person who ever lived

day 300: nuclear hellfire

space vampires will be our undoing.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

prefect posted:

Plus he played for the Jets, so you know the bar is super-low.

how dare u

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I did a thing posted:

space vampires will be our undoing.

i seen a cool movie about that, patrick stewart's head turned into blood

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
we expect these big epic things out of aliens but maybe a civilization gets to the point that they can visit billions of planets and they get bored like some no mans sky player and the most they do when they land here is kill a few of us and then build something that looks like a dick and then uninstall and play something else

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Baloogan posted:

some galaxy a million light years away from your perspective inscribes a MASSIVE loving CIRCLE and travels many million times the speed of light from your perspective when you spin around 360 degrees

somewhere theres a planet where everyone is an anime and you can marry an anime

that planet is called earth

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

VectorSigma posted:

trump admin team, in its hour of desperation and not knowing what to do with this intel, suddenly startle as a cry of human being BITCH SUCK MY MOMS COCK perices the room. except this time, it wasn't from the universal translator desciphering another communication from the looming armada; it came from within the crisis room. wide eyed, they slowly turn their gaze to the corner of the room, where young barron trump is screaming his xbox

"gamers." mumbles one stoody professor type, watching barron viciously teabag a teammates corpse. "gamers have spent their whole lives with a human being based syntax."

a grizzled general grabs an intern excitedly. "get the president on the line, tell him we found our negotiator"

COMING 2018: ART OF THE DEAL 2: SON OF THE DEAL

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I thought the football fight was the coolest thing I had ever seen. :blush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjFCVTpsIps

Of course he wears a T-shirt with his name on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Fidel Castronaut posted:

we expect these big epic things out of aliens but maybe a civilization gets to the point that they can visit billions of planets and they get bored like some no mans sky player and the most they do when they land here is kill a few of us and then build something that looks like a dick and then uninstall and play something else

what happens is they land for a spot of r&r and the ship's doctor's idiot son accidentally does a murder and they fly away

over and over and over again

• Locked thread