Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I heard that basically right after they went full pachinko, some laws were passed that made it significantly less profitable :laugh:

Something like thirty percent less by this point, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I didn't play MK8, will MK8DX be enjoyable? I heard that everything is unlocked out of the box which sounds kinda lame.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

well why not posted:

I didn't play MK8, will MK8DX be enjoyable? I heard that everything is unlocked out of the box which sounds kinda lame.

MK8 was amazing. Pure video game captial F Fun distilled into kreamy kart goodness. It was marred only by its battle mode.

MK8d fixes the battlemode.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

well why not posted:

MK8 was hands down one of the best games to own on the WiiU, and pretty much the best game in the series thus far.

MK8 Deluxe looks only to refine that further with 'little' additions like a proper battlemode, and removing some of the poo poo like fire-hopping.

It will most likely (probably [why wouldn't they]) receive additional DLC at a later point as well, extending the gently caress out of an already massive game.

I'd say MK8D is pretty much an essential addition to your Switch library
(Also buy it digitally so it sits on your Switch forever and ever)

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

that's the plan. Nearly done with Zelda + FAST RMX so I'm thinking I'll pick up MK8 soon-ish.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I really hope they release some more Mario Kart dlc tracks, hopefully at a similar price point too.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

I heard that basically right after they went full pachinko, some laws were passed that made it significantly less profitable :laugh:

:boom:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pachinko is dead as soon as all the currently old people in Japan die because no one under the age of 60 plays it. That's what all the fancy licensed versions are about, trying to get younger people to play but no one cares.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Bomberman... good? poo poo, I might need to pick it up because Bomberman is always a pretty fun MP game.

Also I really want to pick up MK8D for the same reason.

Also, Jackbox Party Pack is amazing and I've played it twice already with 4+ friends. It's a bit harder to get a group together since I'm in Spain and few people have a good enough english to be witty, but it's still really good.

Also I still want to get Binding of Isaac.

I'm so glad the Switch has no games, otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford all of these Switch games.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Pachinko is dead in like 20 - 30 years? I'm sure Konami will figure out something. Or sell to like, FUJI TV for next to nothing.

Yeah, Switch has hella games. Zelda, MK8, GEM, VOEZ, Shovel Knight, FAST RMX.

E3 is also just around the corner and everyone's very psyched for VC to drop.

well why not fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Apr 21, 2017

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Tried a bit of Bomberman after the update dropped

It's super good, I'm genuinely impressed.

Did they fix the problem where.you can only.play 4 or 8 player in multiplayer?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I heard it was because a lot of the government are huge gamers and fans of Konami games, and trying to get them back into the business.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

well why not posted:

Yeah, Switch has hella games.

It doesn't though.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

-Atom- posted:

It doesn't though.

How doesn't it?

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Did they fix the problem where.you can only.play 4 or 8 player in multiplayer?

There is no such problem? You can select either 4 or 8, but you can leave as many spots blank as you like and just don't add computers.

Source: Playing with 5 people at once last week.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Jables88 posted:

There is no such problem? You can select either 4 or 8, but you can leave as many spots blank as you like and just don't add computers.

Source: Playing with 5 people at once last week.

I didn't actually realize you could do this! Whoa

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

well why not posted:

Yea, it's far and away the best kart racer ever. Has an incredible live band soundtrack, maybe best soundtrack ever? Even if everything is unlocked, there's still plenty to do -- three-star gold trophies on every cup in every speed mode will take a good long time.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

well why not posted:

Mk8 is so good that I played the poo poo out of it on Wii U, completely finished and two years later I'm hype as heck to do it again. And to be able to have this experience mobile... that's lit as heck

:Edit for swearing, apologies

WIFEY WATCHDOG fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Apr 21, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Mk8 is so good that I played the poo poo out of it on Wii U, completely finished and two years later I'm hype as gently caress to do it again. And to be able to have this experience mobile... that's lit as gently caress

I'm excited at the prospect of a bar tourney.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Any safe way to get myself in a coma so I can wake up exactly when MK8 is released digitally?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

LethalGeek posted:

Edit: booted the old Wii U up to spin it back up and couldn't remember the buttons until the race started and then instantly remembered everything, even my lines through the course. Played this game more than I thought.
My nephew and niece got MK7 over the Easter break, I was down there last weekend and broke out my DS to play 3 player with them. Can't really remember the courses or controls, finish the first race behind my nephew (and an AI player too, I think). Gradually get better, beat him soundly in the last couple of races. :c00l: I'm a horrible uncle.

Can't wait to bring my Switch and MK8DX down there. Gotta get another set of joycons.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I realised today that I haven't touched my Xbox one since I got my switch.

I also still haven't put the disc in for horizon zero dawn and I got it at launch

I have a problem and it is Zelda

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Any safe way to get myself in a coma so I can wake up exactly when MK8 is released digitally?

Flexeril and vodka. :catdrugs:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
MK8 is the best racer ever so MK8 Deluxe is going to be the bestest racer ever. Everyone buy this game.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its a good kart racer but I wouldn't place it anywheres on a top 10 of racing games.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

LethalGeek posted:

Every word of this is a massive fail.

This is what it was designed for :wtc:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh look it's Empress Brosephine back with yet another totally-not-troll-bait post.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Oh look it's Empress Brosephine back with yet another totally-not-troll-bait post.

How is it a troll post :shrug: It's a good if not the best kart racer, but it's not the best racing game. Why is it ok for him to have a opinion but not me?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It's a good opinion it's just not even in the top 10

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

don't buy digital games unless you absolutely have no choice

doubly so at 120% of the price you can get the physical version for lmao

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I don't really like "pure" racing games but I love me some Mario Kart.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
You can't say it's not in the top ten racers and not give your top ten racers

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I give zero fucks about the dying trees or about my carbon footprint or plastic usage or whatever the gently caress, as long as MK8DX is 59.99€ digitally but 50€ physically I will buy that cartridge

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
1. Dirt rally
2. Dirt 2
3. Forza Horizon
4. Forza Motorsports 3
5. Project Gotham Racing 2
6. Gran Turismo 6
7. NFS Underground 2
8. Midnight Club LA
9. Ridge Racer R4
10. Daytona USA

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

irlZaphod posted:

I don't really like "pure" racing games but I love me some Mario Kart.

Straight racing games are insanely boring which is why Mario Kart is better than all of them.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

You can't say it's not in the top ten racers and not give your top ten racers

:allears:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Empress Brosephine posted:

1. Dirt rally
2. Dirt 2
3. Forza Horizon
4. Forza Motorsports 3
5. Project Gotham Racing 2
6. Gran Turismo 6
7. NFS Underground 2
8. Midnight Club LA
9. Ridge Racer R4
10. Daytona USA

lol

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
1) San Francisco rush for the 64

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I love a good pure racing game but I only need one.

Crazy magic gently caress off bullshit hilarious racing games like MK8 are way more fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I forgot rush and cruisin USA and rallisport

• Locked thread