Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
loving Americans are so dumb. Why can't they watch their movies without reaction like the rest of the civilized world. loving savages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

UmOk posted:

loving Americans are so dumb. Why can't they watch their movies without reaction like the rest of the civilized world. loving savages.
I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Movies are meant to elicit an emotional response, and seeing movies in a theatre is a group activity. We live in an age where you can have a crazy huge high-def TV and amazing sound system in the privacy of your own home, if you can't handle other people reacting to the movie then maybe you should watch it at home?

Like I'm not saying every theatre patron should rifftrax every movie as loud as they can, but laughing, shouting, clapping as a group makes perfect social sense to me and is part of why I watch movies in the theatre.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

He's obviously being sarcastic.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

It's the Internet and this is CineD, sometimes it's hard to tell.

Umok, if that's true, I apologize!

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Neo Rasa posted:

Whenever a ghost appears in a movie I always make sure to loudly ask "WAS THAT A GHOST?" two minutes after the scene ends.

I enjoyed this post so much I legitimately tried to find a like button to click

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Spatulater bro! posted:

When my wife was younger she and some friends snuck in a big bottle of southern comfort into a packed theater. She accidentally kicked the bottle over, which was about 2/3 full, and it noisily clanked and rolled down the entire theater under the seats, spilling a trail of soco behind it. Not only was the racket distracting but the whole theater smelled like soco.

This, but beer at an 9:30 AM showing where I went all by my lonesome to be all by my lonesome in an empty IMAX cinema, and somehow still couldn't avoid some dickhead who of course had to sit right behind me completely ruining it.

Nothing against him having a beer in the morn, Christ if I care. But don't loving kick it over so it pools around my feet and makes everything stink of stale beer you clumsy bastard!!

Moving seats felt like losing, so I stubbornly sat in that puddle of beer and *humphed*, then shot him evil looks when we were leaving and his back was to me.

Then I went home and carved some angry poetry into my wooden desk.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Apr 21, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

More crew videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLmtyhSV3Ss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEC188LMcDw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QB2az9Gpe8

And pictures.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i think the rowdiest cinema experience ive had was Lord of the Rings 3. everyone was drinking and whooping it up. when legolas killed the giant elephant and surfs down the trunk a bunch of people stood up and cheered while others booed into oblivion. really fun. in all sincerity i wish australian audiences got rowdier more frequently for big fun times

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

i think the rowdiest cinema experience ive had was Lord of the Rings 3. everyone was drinking and whooping it up. when legolas killed the giant elephant and surfs down the trunk a bunch of people stood up and cheered while others booed into oblivion. really fun. in all sincerity i wish australian audiences got rowdier more frequently for big fun times

The rowdiest experience I ever had was watching a Hong Kong movie with Louis Koo and Nick Cheung at some cinema somewhere around Perth. I can't remember the name of the film now (think it was called White Storm) but it had just ridiculous 90s-style over the top action sequences, paired with a terrible extended bullet-time finale, and the (mostly Chinese) audience seemed to completely hate it, and jeered at it non-stop.

Personally, I enjoyed it because it's fun and stupid as hell, but bullet-time is way overplayed and gaudy in modern "HK" action/thriller cinema. HK in quotes because it's all really China-stuff now.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Apr 21, 2017

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

The MSJ posted:

And pictures.

That is an A+ throne.

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's

I like how you can tell who is going to die early, by the length of the crew videos.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea I'd say the time is now to start completely avoiding any Covenant related media, they are totally incapable of keeping interesting poo poo under wraps.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
lmao, the script has already leaked.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Dan Didio posted:

lmao, the script has already leaked.

I'm not talking about leaks, I'm talking about the actual approved media that's being done around the release of the movie. Its not difficult to just not read a leaked script, its a little more difficult to avoid major articles being written in magazines, spoilery trailers, etc .

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Mods, please change my name to Spoilery Trailers.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Basebf555 posted:

I'm not talking about leaks, I'm talking about the actual approved media that's being done around the release of the movie. Its not difficult to just not read a leaked script, its a little more difficult to avoid major articles being written in magazines, spoilery trailers, etc .

If you want aliens, Ridley Scott will give you loving aliens.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I only consume media I've personally written, filmed, or recorded. Only an idiot would enter an entertainment scenario without first possessing full information (or equipping Hanzo steel).

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Basebf555 posted:

Yea I'd say the time is now to start completely avoiding any Covenant related media, they are totally incapable of keeping interesting poo poo under wraps.

I'm really disappointed in them about the leaks and spoiler-heavy marketing. Like, what the gently caress. It's like they never even tried.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the best theatre experience for me was seeing deep blue sea and having the entire audience go ballistic during that sam jackson scene.

the funniest experience shared here in cd was someone saw jurassic park and during the scene where they're eating ice cream a mentally challenged person shouted "THEY EATING ICE CREAM"

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I missed Titanic during it's monster theatrical run, but the second run theater on Harlem (Harlem Corners baby!) in Chicago was still playing it and I ended up going to see it there with a few friends in high school.

There were literally little babies in only diapers running down the aisles, and at one point someone propped open the back door while they were standing in the back talking on their phone so the entire picture was washed out from the light coming through from the lobby.

The movie cost like 5 bucks tho so whatev.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh god, echoing Deep Blue Sea. That was a great childhood theater experience.

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

If you want aliens, Ridley Scott will give you loving aliens.
Guess he's not a genius in disguise who makes alien movies without aliens to mock the fan base, is he?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

they only time i say anything at the movies is when i hear a wilhelm scream ill give my own back i think its tourettes

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

There's alien day at my local cinema but the only description is alien covenant. I can't wait to sit through a surprise double bill of the AVP movies :tinfoil:

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
My local cinema are playing a "2K" version of Alien on Wednesday. I was under the impression that actual film has a much higher resolution than even 4K, are we talking some kind of directors cut from around 2000 here?

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

The original film stock will be >4k but unless a movie was remastered in the last 18 months or so they probably did it in 2k

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They're also playing footage from Covenant. The backburster scene mostly. I kinda want to see that in the film itself.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

David you dick.

Also USA USA USA!!!!!!

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
Unless Earth is established to be attacked or utterly beyond hosed by a biological WMD by the time Aliens happens I can't see how that screenshot could fit timeline wise unless it's another planet or Ridley is deciding to just ignore Aliens.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SirDrone posted:

Unless Earth is established to be attacked or utterly beyond hosed by a biological WMD by the time Aliens happens I can't see how that screenshot could fit timeline wise unless it's another planet or Ridley is deciding to just ignore Aliens.

both entirely plausible

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
I'm pretty sure that isn't Earth, but rather the planet the Engineers live on.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Yeah, that's the engineer homeworld.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Bugblatter posted:

Yeah, that's the engineer homeworld.

No, it's the planet that Covenant happens on. The same planet that the engineers seeded at the start of Prometheus. It's a colony.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

its the wooden monk planet originally planned for alien 3 you guys

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Collateral posted:

No, it's the planet that Covenant happens on. The same planet that the engineers seeded at the start of Prometheus. It's a colony.

What makes you say that? They were headed for the homeworld, "Paradise."

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Covenant investigating a distress beacon from Shaw. The planet is neither the engineer homeworld nor the intended destination of the covenant. That's my take. I'm the engineer in the hat.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I mean, the leaks indicated that (big spoilers) Shaw and David do reach Paradise, but David just murders everything with black goo. The Covenant then picks up a signal that David sent from the planet and take a detour from their intended route. So while it's not the Covenant's destination, it should be the homeworld. Maybe I misunderstood that bit of the leaks?

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Xenomrph posted:

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Movies are meant to elicit an emotional response, and seeing movies in a theatre is a group activity. We live in an age where you can have a crazy huge high-def TV and amazing sound system in the privacy of your own home, if you can't handle other people reacting to the movie then maybe you should watch it at home?

Like I'm not saying every theatre patron should rifftrax every movie as loud as they can, but laughing, shouting, clapping as a group makes perfect social sense to me and is part of why I watch movies in the theatre.

Nobody does this outside of America.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

cargohills posted:

Nobody does this outside of America.

You're not very well travelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Bugblatter posted:

What makes you say that? They were headed for the homeworld, "Paradise."

Well I base it on the opening shots of Prometheus and the shots from Covenant where their shuttle? is flying over the exact same geography.

Unless the Engineers changed homeworld, they were in a big ship at the start of prometheus when the engineer drank the goo, and that planet was barren.