Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ViggyNash posted:

That happens to you? I've never had a connection issue.

The servers were going up and down for a while; when you start up there's an apology about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Raged posted:

Lesson learned last night. When it's down to you and two other players and the other two are shooting at each other don't kill the one you can see. Wait to see if he kills the other guy then blow him away.

I feel so stupid shooting that guy.

This is my bane. I keep doing this poo poo :negative: So infuriation killing 2 of the last 4 guys alive (including you) just to be instantly domed by the last dude you hadn't seen yet.

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
The patch didnt help at all, still get owned by russians who taunt me on voice.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Oovee posted:

Helpful hint: Say something about Russian occupation of Chechnya or Ukraine. Listen to Russians lose their loving minds.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Oovee posted:

Just keep saying cyka blat and nothing else

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Oovee posted:

Ctrl+T is your friend?

Also this patch was awesome for my fps. Getting ~90 in Polyana is amazing

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Bardeh posted:

Finally got to try the new patch. The performance increases are good, but it seems like the extra foliage on lower settings mostly balances it out to where it was prepatch for me, on my laptop at least. It's much, much better in towns now though.

Crouch-running owns, the game feels much more responsive when it comes to weapon-switching, opening doors and looting, and I'm not sure how I feel about the relative lack of AR's early on. I think it logically makes sense to make them a bit more scarce so that people will actually use other guns, but it does feel weird not being effectively guaranteed one before the midgame.

I feel like the thinner spreading of the loot has really slowed down the game. I don't really want to have to loot for three phases to find half the stuff I need, I liked it how it was before where I could loot in the first phase and go.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

NickBlasta posted:

I feel like the thinner spreading of the loot has really slowed down the game. I don't really want to have to loot for three phases to find half the stuff I need, I liked it how it was before where I could loot in the first phase and go.

I agree. Though I feel like a middle ground could be found. I like the part of having almost great gear and having to go hunt and kill a guy to get the rest that you want.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

NickBlasta posted:

Yeah, after a few more games I agree with you. It's not even just weapons, it's ammo that's more scarce too. It's intensely annoying having to stop and look in houses for ammo when you're already racing the circle in the mid-late game, but if I don't then I've often only got 1-2 magazines. I guess it's attempting to discourage people simply getting fully looted early on then camping in the middle of the map until late game, which I think is a good goal, but they've taken it a notch too far IMO. Oh well, I guess this is what early access is all about, and I'm sure they'll continue to tweak it.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Apr 21, 2017

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ostentatious posted:

what ive learned of goons is they are the kings of spreadsheets and strats but have gently caress all aim or map awareness

That's me in a nutshell.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I watched the H1z1 tournament on the cw and uhhhhh :yikes:

Haha why the hell we that on CW? I've gotta look up some clips now, that sounds terrible.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Bardeh posted:

Yeah, after a few more games I agree with you. It's not even just weapons, it's ammo that's more scarce too. It's intensely annoying having to stop and look in houses for ammo when you're already racing the circle in the mid-late game, but if I don't then I've often only got 1-2 magazines. I guess it's attempting to discourage people simply getting fully looted early on then camping in the middle of the map until late game, which I think is a good goal, but they've taken it a notch too far IMO. Oh well, I guess this is what early access is all about, and I'm sure they'll continue to tweak it.

Oh, yeah, I'm sure the game will change dramatically several times, I'm fine with that. Not making GBS threads on the game, just commenting on the current patch.

Personally I find it annoying that often times I can't even like, find a backpack. In the 8th house I go in maybe I get a backpack, so then I have to double back and re-loot the homes. Just gimme some consistency dangit! :argh:

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Plot Twist - PlayerUnknown is actually Rocket. Welcome to DayZ 2.0 where finding a can of beans is a feat.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I really didn't have any issues finding L2 gear and automatic rifles in the new patch, the two story houses with the accessible roofs are pretty much a cornucopia of loot for me (my go to strategy is to parachute directly to the roof one of one and get a free kill on the guys who land on ground floor), I play on the EU server, perhaps there's some variation between that one and the US one? I really didn't notice any scarcity.

In anyway, even if the balance changed for the worse I think it's too early to get alarmed, finding the perfect balance is hard work, there's no way PU is trying to make this game into a spergfest because seriously none of the core mechanics have leaned that way and this game doesn't look like it favors absurd realism in any aspect.

My faith is strong (my aim is poor).

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - My faith is strong (my aim is poor)

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I haven't really noticed a change in looting. Granted I've only had time for three or so matches since the patch, but I have always had a solid AR setup on the first circle.

Managed to loot a Vector with all the fixins in the school and it does indeed own.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

NickBlasta posted:

Oh, yeah, I'm sure the game will change dramatically several times, I'm fine with that. Not making GBS threads on the game, just commenting on the current patch.

Personally I find it annoying that often times I can't even like, find a backpack. In the 8th house I go in maybe I get a backpack, so then I have to double back and re-loot the homes. Just gimme some consistency dangit! :argh:

I kinda hate how important the first backpack is. You can barely carry more than ammo for a single gun and a couple meds OR attachments. I think the only time I want something more than a backpack first is when I need a gun ASAP to fight. Otherwise I'd much rather a backpack so I don't have to leave poo poo on the ground as I look for the other stuff.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

How boring would it be if you always had exactly what you needed when you needed it? Half the fun is planning on the fly and improvising.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dunno man, I'm so bad at the game that if I always started with a 4x, a level 3 helmet + vest + bag + ammo + gently caress it just give me everything I would still have to play on the tip of my toes. Something between that and reaching mid-game with no ammo would be pretty nice.

Orv
May 4, 2011

rap music posted:

How boring would it be if you always had exactly what you needed when you needed it? Half the fun is planning on the fly and improvising.

Ehhh, obviously subjective but for me about 80% of the fun is having tactically interesting firefights, which you can't have if you've got a micro uzi and they've got an SKS, at least most of the time.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Yeah I feel like I find something useful far more than not but the times I don't see kind of a tense, hilarious mad scramble. I just had a match where I found a shotgun, a SCAR, a level 2 helmet, and a level 2 vest in the first podunk houses I came across but no backpack until I killed a dude halfway into the match. That's kinda great!

Elentor posted:

I dunno man, I'm so bad at the game that if I always started with a 4x, a level 3 helmet + vest + bag + ammo + gently caress it just give me everything I would still have to play on the tip of my toes.

Yeah definitely. Being kitted out is no guarantee of surviving even a single encounter. If anything it might make people too complacent.

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Apr 21, 2017

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Orv posted:

Ehhh, obviously subjective but for me about 80% of the fun is having tactically interesting firefights, which you can't have if you've got a micro uzi and they've got an SKS, at least most of the time.

What's your point? Of course SKSdude has a huge advantage at range, but it's exactly the other way round when you surprise him. That's where the tactical fun comes in - how do you get from where you are with your Uzi to where you just heard the guy shooting an SKS without being spotted?

Orv
May 4, 2011
My point is that as the game currently stands, the answer is you try to run across an open field with maybe one tree between you and get shot in the face. Granted I guess if you get that far into the game and you haven't found a rifle something is pretty off, so it's probably fine. It's just me bitching about circles again, but I didn't realize it until now. For early game loot scarcity is totally fine, and in fact I killed two people with shotguns with the crossbow last night, which will never happen again, so I'm mostly fine with it.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Das Butterbrot posted:

What's your point? Of course SKSdude has a huge advantage at range, but it's exactly the other way round when you surprise him. That's where the tactical fun comes in - how do you get from where you are with your Uzi to where you just heard the guy shooting an SKS without being spotted?

I just lost a game where I had a decked out micro uzi to a guy with an SKS. But it's not what you think. I was at half health and I couldn't use any healing items, it just wouldn't loving work and I got shot in the head peeking a window (lvl 3 helmet didn't help).

Orv
May 4, 2011
We had a guy die last night because he was loading infinite fake shells into a shotgun, some new bug they introduced across a couple things?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I've had that today.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Orv posted:

We had a guy die last night because he was loading infinite fake shells into a shotgun, some new bug they introduced across a couple things?

I had that happen. I just switched weapons and switched back to it and pressed reload and it worked.

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?
Patch is rolling out now to hopefully fix the server timeout issues.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I'd be happy with less ar spawns if games didn't always center on a single building in wilderness: more city centerings plz

if you aint got an ar ur hosed but sometimes that's fun because it makes you super reckless.

two squad wins in a row baybee final circle on a beach on the west coast, we swam across the georgopol river and two dudes walked right past us hiding behind a rock. they were probably extremely pissed lmao AMPHIBIOUS ASSAULT. The beach on the west side is so so so good it's got a bunch of built in hills that are super easy to peek over and circle around people with.

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011
General tip: Always keep moving. Learn how much you can move and still stay on the looting bodies screen or how much you can move and still rez someone. Just back and forth. Nothing ruins my day more than looting a guy after an intense sniper battle than to instantly die to a scoped AKM from 300 meters (I assume)...

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

Das Butterbrot posted:

I like my micro SMG but you have a huge advantage with visual information. And that's down to two simple things: third person, and the lack of cover (soft and hard) to close the distance on targets.

I'm not against third person, so having a lot of new cover options (trees, rocks, terrain features) to get between towns unseen would be much welcomed.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
UMP full auto up close is kind of a beast. Got 3rd place solo using the UMP and a silenced M16. Died because I got sniped in the head peaking around a tree, never even saw him.

During that game I went to a house that had the front door closed, but inside the house there was one door open. I opened the bathroom and a guy was sitting there with a shotgun, my armor soaked the shot and before he was able to get the 2nd shot off my UMP ripped through him.

Game is so tense, it is wonderful.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Orv posted:

It's been there since beta. Just switch weapons and try again.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

learn to love yr 686 w/ a scope

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Ostentatious posted:

learn to love yr 686 w/ a scope

I'm pretty sure the 686 can't have a scope, you can put a choke and bullet loops on it, would be nice though!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

you can put scopes on crossbows in case you wanted to see how far your bolt didnt go

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I'm pretty sure the 686 can't have a scope, you can put a choke and bullet loops on it, would be nice though!

what in the heck is this blasphemy

you should be ashamed of yourself

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Maybe he just wants a S686 scope so he doesn't have to take out a different weapon in town just to check distant hillsides and fields.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

If you aren't putting a x4 on your s686 i dont know what to tell you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Take the choked 686 into thy hands and become a GOD

Checking hills is for yellow bellies

• Locked thread