Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I guess I'm sorta like the PhD goon. Had better grades and am not that far removed from undergrad. Though my job has probably worse hours and people. I'm going to a PhD program that's not super highly ranked, but has the faculty with the research I want to do. Though I'll probably tap out for a MS halfway through. School is also paying me (about half what I make now) as a stipend.

I'm also moving halfway across the country to do it. Though a part of me thinks I need to get out of my corner of the country and live on my own for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
In the private sector, employers don't care a whole lot about a Ph.D. over a Masters. Keep your lab job and start applying for a research job.

Or, go ahead at playing chess or Magic full time. (of course it's Magic, what else would it be?) The odds of making enough purse to live on are very small, but better to try than not try.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I can speak from personal experience that a PhD hurts you more than it helps you in every possible job that isn't academia. A potential employer sees that degree and they will not take you seriously because they think they know that you won't be loyal and will leave as soon as a more advanced position opens up. Don't get it unless your future employer is paying for it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Your hobbies are playing games, saying that that's your "soul" and "passion" is pretty depressing unless you are actually the puppet from Saw

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

purple death ray posted:

Your hobbies are playing games, saying that that's your "soul" and "passion" is pretty depressing unless you are actually the puppet from Saw

games are really good these days

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

P-Mack posted:

games are really good these days
___________________/

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
It sounded like humblebrag to me. I have a degree, a job I enjoy, good hours, good colleagues, plenty of free time, I'm passionate about my hobbies and good at them... But my parents annoy me so meh

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

quote:

Time travel is real, I'm a time traveler, but traveling through time fundamentally destroys both the traveler and time itself. I barely remember who I am or was and have no idea of the full impact of my trip.

I was sent from the year 2058 back to 2007. I was given hundreds of notebooks outlining every last detail of history up to that point, ways to blend in and behave like someone from 2007, things I would know as a normal person in 2007, etc. I was also given the same kind of detailed description of who I was, what history was up until 2058, why I was sent back, and how to eventually get back to 2058. We feared that time travel could mess with memories and the human brain, and this was a backup plan. We were right, but things were even worse off than planned. I only know this stuff because of the note books. As far as I know, my life began when I woke up in bed in 2007.

Again, all of this is from my books. Time travel in 2058 works by "weaving" you into the timeline. They extract some of your DNA from a blood sample. That's cloned to create a Time Husk. That is an organic, but non-living copy of you. That's sent back in time with a Time Tether attached. That's done by bombarding the body with massive amounts of radiation, then exposing it to the Time Window, which is a metal cage filled with unstable nuclear isotopes, tuned to specific frequencies. The frequencies are adjusted to access different times. Your conscious mind is downloaded via the Time Tether into the Time Husk. The Tether dissolved and your actual living body remains in your original time period. When you die in the Time Husk, your consciousness returns to the point it left. Kind of like dreaming.

It sounds like the ravings of a mad man but I have the notebooks to confirm it.

I was sent back to prevent a company called Kondanix from accidentally releasing a more deadly smallpox virus in 2009. I've never heard of Kondanix and didn't do jack poo poo to prevent anything, so I guess mission accomplished? But I think my time travel just erased that company, or maybe the sperm that would grow up to be the CEO, or who knows. Either way Kondanix apparently never existed.

The notebooks tell me lots of things that don't match up with what I remember or what other people say. Who was Michael Finn? Definitely not the 19th man on the moon, who kicked a fieldgoal up there. What are Egg Bees? I've never seen them flying around, let alone hatching out of chicken eggs. Why hasn't the NFL revealed the Hoboken Zephyrs yet? They were supposed to win the Super Bowl in 2011. Who is Daisy Fuentes? Where is the new country of Muurt located? Why haven't half the dogs died of canine aids yet? That was supposed to happen in 2016.

How do I have a life prior to 2007, a job, etc?

Sometimes I worry I had a mental breakdown and wrote this poo poo down and just don't remember it. But it's 500 different notebooks all coated in text, it would have taken me months to write all this. I don't know.

If these notebooks really existed, I would love to see some pictures of them. I assume they're the work of a crazy person (if they exist at all), but I think they would be fun to look at.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

DocBubonic posted:

If these notebooks really existed, I would love to see some pictures of them. I assume they're the work of a crazy person (if they exist at all), but I think they would be fun to look at.

Don't listen to this obvious Rounder spy. Keep the notebooks safe.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Reading a few pages of this thread makes me feel bad like everyone is a failure and we're all miserable

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

DocBubonic posted:

I've been wondering how the notebooks would have been sent back in time. Maybe they had their own Time TubeTM connecting them to the future and when they get burned they return there as well?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I just got back from the Time Toilet where I took a Time poo poo and Time Flushed it back in time.

Suck a Dick No Homo
Apr 22, 2008
Daisy Fuentes is real!!!

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Dead dad confessor from a few pages back: your dad probably had one too many beers camping in the woods, didn't stay warm enough and gave himself hypothermia. Paradoxical undressing is a thing.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I'm absolutely head over heels in love with another goon. Her name is "Hard No", but her former and I believe long-standing username was "Teagan". I'll admit, I've never met her in person, or chatted directly with her online, but from everything she's posted, I am swooning pretty hard, for lack of a better term.

It all started many months ago in the previous (or maybe current) confessions thread. Someone confessed to finding Sweet as Sin and another goonette attractive based on what they were posting in the PYF Selfies thread. They're fine and all, very pretty, but my heart skipped a beat when I first saw Teagan. I know this might all come off as sarcastic, but it's not. I instantly fell in love with those eyes and that face. Shortly after, I read through all of her posts, because I had to see and learn more. I fully realize this seems creepy and stalkerish, but I'd never do anything crazy or weird beyond that (and this confession, of course.) I might be a goon, but I'm not one of THOSE goons.

I bookmarked the thread and still read it, genuinely getting excited when I see that she's posted in it. Without giving too much away, she's seen me, though I can't remember what she said, if anything. I actually only posted pictures of myself in that thread in the hopes that she'd say something, at the very least that she'd actually see me. I have to admit, her crush on Atarian makes me jealous, but not in a crazy way. I get it. Plus, as a heterosexual male myself, even I can say that the dude is handsome, so I can't blame her. :shobon: Still, I wish she was swooning over me, I gotta say.

I know I could literally say anything I want to right now, but I'd like to keep it respectful while being honest; she's so goddamned hot. Literally everything about her is what I'd want in a girlfriend or long-term partner (or dare I say wife). She fixes motorcycles and looks loving bad rear end all the time.

I have to admit, I'm also a sucker for her curves. The first shirt I ever saw her in showed those of, and drat, she is fine. I would cherish and worship every single inch of her every chance I'd get.

She's gone through some medical poo poo, and it breaks my heart to see it because I just want to be there for her. Seriously, I would be by her side every scary step of the way during whatever she was going through. I'd be her rock.

Teagan, if you're reading this, and I do hope this finds its way to you: I genuinely love you. Whatever length your hair is, whatever you've got going on, I don't care, I'd love you for the rest of our days. I don't know the full story of your previous marriage, but I'd smack the poo poo out of your ex for letting you get away. He's a complete moron. There's not a lot I wouldn't give to meet you in person, but that won't happen. Despite the fact that you and I actually live relatively close to each other (from what I've learned), and despite everything I've written here, I'm actually already in a serious relationship. Otherwise, I'd just pm you directly and talk to you that way; life's too short to beat around the bush if you're single and think someone else is wonderful. This confession will have to suffice.

In the event that I should ever become single, there won't be one moment wasted before I reveal who I am to you. Until then, I just can't give that information away, I'm sorry. But hey, I hope knowing that you have a secret admirer puts a smile on your beautiful face.

I really do love you, and wish I could tell you that myself.

quote:

I'm a goon that used to post a lot about 10 years ago or so (don't want to give exact dates since it was briefly mentioned on the local news). The reason was because I went to prison and just got out a little over 2 years ago. To make a very long story short, I was charged with kidnapping of a minor. I was in a very bad mental place back then and over the course of many months I befriended a 14 year old girl who attended the church youth group I taught. She was having trouble at home and one time asked if she could live with me. I at first said no, it would be inappropriate and I'd probably get in trouble, but she kept getting increasingly distraught until I finally gave in and said she could stay with me temporarily. I fully realize now that this was an incredibly stupid decision and it was not at all my place to try to help the way I did.

She showed up with a bag of her stuff and I took her to my house. I thought things were going fine for the first few days, but eventually she started asking if she could go home. I talked her down a couple times and reminded her of why she left in the first place and I thought that would be the end of it. A little less than a week into it, the police were at my door and I was immediately arrested when she ran to them and said I wouldn't let her leave. I don't know why she did it, but the story she told the police was basically that I forced her to leave her parents and threatened her if she ever tried to go back to them, and claimed I tried to touch her, get her to sleep in my bed and so on. This never happened. I think it is likely just a story she came up with to make her parents feel bad for her instead of angry that she ran away. I don't blame her as she was just a kid and was panicked but it was very unfortunate for me.

Even though my intentions were good and I was just trying to help, and that nothing sexual in any way happened or was desired by me, my public defender very strongly encouraged me to take a plea deal that involved 6 years in prison and lifetime placement on the sex offenders registry. If it went to trial he said I'd possibly spend the rest of my life or close to it in prison if they could convince the jury on the sexual aspect of it. Honestly considering how I looked (balding with a "baby face", plus a reputation for being a little weird from people I used to know outside of the church) and what her testimony would likely be I figured there was no way a jury would believe my side of the story, so I took the deal.

I won't go into detail but prison wasn't fun and was treated the same way child molesters were, although it was mostly just name calling and occasionally stealing my stuff, nothing violent like in the movies. Life now as a "sex offender" is pretty terrible but I don't expect anyone to feel bad for me. Mostly I try to keep to myself and away from society as much as possible but there are a large amount of people out there who seek people like me out and actively try to make my life worse. Often I find myself wishing I had gone to trial, because even spending the rest of my life in prison would have been preferable to this. I'm treated like a dangerous monster even though I never hurt anyone and never would.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Well that's stalkward

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

food court bailiff posted:

Don't listen to this obvious Rounder spy. Keep the notebooks safe.

I have no idea what you're talking about. (Unless I'm part of a rival organization trying to undermine the work of this unknown confessor.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've been wondering how the notebooks would have been sent back in time. Maybe they had their own Time TubeTM connecting them to the future and when they get burned they return there as well?

That's how I got my notebooks. Oops, said too much.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

It was me that wrote that fesh about that girl that posts here, and I broke up with my gf now so PM me if you're interested :{3

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Tsaedje posted:

Dead dad confessor from a few pages back: your dad probably had one too many beers camping in the woods, didn't stay warm enough and gave himself hypothermia. Paradoxical undressing is a thing.
Unfortunately, if you know anything about forensic death investigation, there is pretty much no chance that they actually tested what little fluid is found in the lungs of a drowning victim and determined it was salt water. I mean, seriously, like zero chance.

You find a dead guy in the water, you assume he drowned in that body of water and sign out the death certificate accordingly. Nobody tests the fluid to determine if it is fresh or saltwater, as there are lots of confounding factors that would gently caress up the test anyway.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

my confession is that these threads are more fun when it's people confessing to living creepypastas or going to jail rather than just an endless stream of their boring rear end fetishes

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

loquacius posted:

yeah uh a bunch of notebooks full of nonsense science and fake history don't exactly prove what you appear to think they do

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

my confession is that these threads are more fun when it's people confessing to living creepypastas or going to jail rather than just an endless stream of their boring rear end fetishes

My fetish is interesting asses

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Dear goon admirer, I think that I should thank you for being brave in articulating in what you think you feel, but that it is completely unwarranted, that I promise there is absolutely nothing special about me, that there are millions of women who wear leather coats and play with grease. :) It is nice that you think I am pretty, everyone likes to hear that. We all tell each other that openly in the pyf thread, because it is true, goons are beautiful creatures.

I um, am not expecting any pm's professing love, but since my pm function doesn't work on my end, anyone who does want to chat and be friends, I am a good goon-friend. In fact, a goonfriend told me about this post. How nice of him. Thanks goon friend for that.

Please continue the to be a non stalker, that would be appreciated, and if you decide that you want to participate more actively in the thread, you really should, anyone should, it is a lot of fun, and yeah, we learn a lot about each other. You guys should check out Picnic Princess getting her finger bitten by a monkey and the gory photos that resulted from that!

So... love your girlfriend, okay? She's real. I am a goon. A really bad one at that.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hard no. posted:

Dear goon admirer, I think that I should thank you for being brave in articulating in what you think you feel, but that it is completely unwarranted, that I promise there is absolutely nothing special about me, that there are millions of women who wear leather coats and play with grease. :) It is nice that you think I am pretty, everyone likes to hear that. We all tell each other that openly in the pyf thread, because it is true, goons are beautiful creatures.

I um, am not expecting any pm's professing love, but since my pm function doesn't work on my end, anyone who does want to chat and be friends, I am a good goon-friend. In fact, a goonfriend told me about this post. How nice of him. Thanks goon friend for that.

Please continue the to be a non stalker, that would be appreciated, and if you decide that you want to participate more actively in the thread, you really should, anyone should, it is a lot of fun, and yeah, we learn a lot about each other. You guys should check out Picnic Princess getting her finger bitten by a monkey and the gory photos that resulted from that!

So... love your girlfriend, okay? She's real. I am a goon. A really bad one at that.

This just makes me like you more.

Edit: i bet this makes the anon confession goon like you more.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

ReidRansom posted:

___________________/

Ban this person, what is this sick _ filth.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hard no. posted:

I think maybe you might've just passed up an opportunity to have a free printer delivered to your house.

Wait... That story ends badly. Anon goon, don't hurt yourself :ohdear:

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Wait, there are threads with beautiful women posting pictures? Why do I read confessions and politics?!

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
It's called tumblr

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
PhD Hobby goon with annoying parents: dude, do what makes you happy. I don't think it's "depression" to just not have professional ambition if you're comfortable. Life isn't about "getting ahead" for many people and if your hobbies make you happy and you honestly are ok with your current place in life, I say stick with it.

I'm basically on the same boat, I have a job I'm not really crazy about but lets me live comfortably, and I go through my work everyday just go get home and smoke weed, play videogames, hang with my dog, work on my relationship (that's not doing great for reasons unrelated to all of this, but it does make me happy) and get together with my friends. I could very well spend my time studying and getting some technical certifications that would let me find a better job, but I'm ok with were I'm at right now and I see nothing wrong with it.

Just make sure you're honestly ok with it and not lying to yourself. For this reason MAYBE get therapy if you have some doubts about it. And your parents? Don't mind them if they have different goals for you, because it's your life and you should live it as you want, not as they wish you would.

Dude that tells people to kill themselves then they do it: a single comment can definetely be "the last drop" and trigger a person into killing themselves, but the real reasons he's doing it have nothing to do with you and chances are anything would've caused the thought process that led to that. Don't feel guilty, but please take it as a lesson to be less confrontational and offensive and let people have their opinions without you going "kill you are self". You have no idea what the gently caress is going on on someone's life and words can weight heavily.

Think of it this way: while your comment might have been the last drop for this guy, a kind reply could be someone else's wake up call to get help. Would you rather be the kind of influence on someone else that makes them help themselves, or the kind of influence that adds to a bunch of poo poo going on on their lives?

MARRY ME, HARD NO

(watch out from goony stalkers because that Confession was creepy. Confession goon: stop idolizing virtual people and start thinking about why you do it, and probably get some therapy. Also: I hear Hard No sometimes farts.)

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Hard no. posted:

This is much more a soft no really.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Hedrigall posted:

My fetish is interesting asses

An rear end in the shape of minnesota

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hard No, I actually feel kinda bad about posting that now, sorry :( We've had "secret admirer" type confessions before which nothing ever came of (the guy alluded to one of them in the fesh) but in retrospect it kind of stands to reason someone could easily tell you about the post which makes it way creepier. Thanks for being cool about it, though!

New thread policy: I already won't publish anything that mentions an SA username if I think it's really dumb (eg "it's me, Loquacius, speaking through a confession rather than a post for some reason, and I think that <BLANK>" etc); from here on out if a confession mentions an SA username but warrants being posted I will redact the username. So ordered *gavel bang*

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

New business:

quote:

I lived in a rural area growing up and we had one neighbor within walking distance, a family that homeschooled their son. He became, by default, my best friend when I was in elementary just due to living nearby and having an SNES. Most days after I finished my homework I'd walk over there and we'd play some games or play with legos or whatever stuff we did.

I never understood why he was homeschooled since I associated homeschooled kids with being weird, and he and his family were really nice. But then my friend explained that he had an older sister, and she was why he was homeschooled. They used to live in a different city and his sister was almost 10 years older than him. She ended up getting pregnant at 14 and the parents freaked out and blamed the public school for it.

I still barely understood pregnancy and sex so this kind of terrified me and was perfect justification for not going to school. Then my friend goes "My sister and the baby still live in the attic, but they're not allowed to come out". I was even more scared at that and realized it was late, so I said it was time to head home. I didn't tell my parents but I didn't sleep that night, thinking about what the hell my friend was talking about.

The next day I went over there again. My friend went to poop, and I of course headed up to the attic. I pulled down the string that extended the steps and cautiously peeked up there, saying "Is anybody up here?". Nothing.

Then I saw it. Sitting in a chair was what I thought was his sister holding a baby. My brain flashed from ghost to dead bodies to a thousand other creepy things and I screamed. His dad grabbed my legs and yanked me out of there, but not before I got a good look at the "sister and baby". It was a mannequin holding a baby doll.

I wasn't allowed in the house any more, they told my parents I was a bad influence on their son. My parents asked my side of the story and I explained everything. They told me it was probably best I stopped going over there. They still live there today but as far as I know, my old friend went to college and now lives a few hours away.

quote:

I sexually assaulted a woman in college and never told anyone. She never pressed charges and I never saw her again. I was an awful person and, despite everything I try and do now, I realize this is a permanent blackmark on my life.

I had a crush on this girl but she just wanted to be friends. Told me multiple times. My 22nd birthday came up and I invited her to come back to my apartment to join the party, just as friends. She agreed.

Everyone got really drunk, but I was purposely pouring my shots out and nursing a beer for a long time. I didn't want to actually be drunk, I was sure this was my chance to win over this girl if I acted really charming. 2 am rolls around and most people have left. There are about a half dozen of us left, including the girl. I go outside for a smoke and ask her to join me. We're sitting on the back porch and I put my hand on her thigh. She goes to push it off but I start moving my hand between her legs. She's wearing yoga pants and I start forcibly rubbing her genitals. She rightfully slaps me and leaves, while I start yelling and calling her a bunch of foul names.

This is the worst thing I've ever done in my life and I would pay money to be able to erase it from ever happening.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
That last one was bad, but not as rapey as I feared it would be.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Panfilo posted:

That last one was bad, but not as rapey as I feared it would be.

Just a little rapey, you know, aggressively grabbing someone's junk. Whew, what a relief.

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

$ $ $T R A P L O R D $ $ $

That Teagan fesh was physically painful to read gahh

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
It was so mild, she didn't even press charges because she knows her assault would've been handwaved away!

(You are trash, but I guess at least you know it)

Edit: did you vote for Trump?

Hugoon Chavez fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Apr 21, 2017

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The worst part was how premeditated it was. I mean it'd still be very wrong even if it was spontaneous and he was actually drunk, but the fact that he planned it all out is gross.

Berating a woman for not letting him rape her was also pretty pathetic.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Meridian posted:

Just a little rapey, you know, aggressively grabbing someone's junk. Whew, what a relief.

I wasn't trying to downplay it. I was saying that it read like it would be even worse than it ended up being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The worst part was how premeditated it was. I mean it'd still be very wrong even if it was spontaneous and he was actually drunk, but the fact that he planned it all out is gross.

Yeah, that's what moves it from "you're a hosed up rear end in a top hat" to "you're gonna wind up raping someone some day you sick gently caress" territory. Just the sheer predatory nature of the entire thing.