Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
She opened the pickles goddamnit what more do you hayseeds want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol. clinton is wonk and extreamly tone deaf and out of touch and always has been, trying to pretend that she isnt is even worse.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. clinton is wonk and extreamly tone deaf and out of touch and always has been, trying to pretend that she isnt is even worse.

Yes this is it exactly.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
just chillaxin in cedar rapids muh home skillets

*does the charleston*

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
The Cedar Rapids vine was perfect. It might be better than Please Clap.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Hillary's team was right to ignore Bill, I mean what does he
know about being elected president.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

rezatahs posted:

just chillaxin in cedar rapids muh home skillets

*does the charleston*

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

The Cedar Rapids vine was perfect. It might be better than Please Clap.

I want to know which staffer had to teach her to whip and nae nae.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

People say Trump is some kind of buffoon, or stupid. But holy poo poo he's got a quick wit.

People, that I know personally, with wit like that aren't stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewUFFzQrARs

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

spacetoaster posted:

I want to know which staffer had to teach her to whip and nae nae.

I want to know which staffer thought it was a good idea for her to whip and nae nae.

Like who the gently caress did she have working for her that was like "hey the people see you robotic, out of touch, and unlikable so maybe you should nae nae that'll show them." and all it does is make her look even more robotic and out of touch and wonder who uploaded naenae.dnc onto her microsd card for her for that day because she sure as gently caress didn't think that bullshit up herself.

Trump may be a jagoff but at least he is who he is. You never got that design by committee feeling that Hillary exuded constantly.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

bonerjam posted:

I want to know which staffer thought it was a good idea for her to whip and nae nae.

Like who the gently caress did she have working for her that was like "hey the people see you robotic, out of touch, and unlikable so maybe you should nae nae that'll show them." and all it does is make her look even more robotic and out of touch and wonder who uploaded naenae.dnc onto her microsd card for her for that day because she sure as gently caress didn't think that bullshit up herself.

Trump may be a jagoff but at least he is who he is. You never got that design by committee feeling that Hillary exuded constantly.

Ugh, I was working as a kid's camp counseler when that thing was popular. Just me, and a bunch of other middle aged dads/moms, having to do that dumb dance with the kids all day er'y day. Now what is it? The dab? Sheesh.

Any of you hip young people know what's going to be cool this summer? What do I need to prepare for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khS9A3mxs44

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

bonerjam posted:

Yeah the thing about Trump that's almost kind of appealing is that what you see is what you get. He is an enormous narcissistic scumbag and makes no attempt to hide it and I can kinda appreciate that.

Meanwhile you have folks like Ted Cruz and Hillary desperately trying to look like normal human beings and they just come out off as even more phony and weird. Trump doesn't try to hide how filthy and the incompetent he is, he embraces it.

It's almost like a weird kind of honest dishonesty.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

spacetoaster posted:

People say Trump is some kind of buffoon, or stupid. But holy poo poo he's got a quick wit.

People, that I know personally, with wit like that aren't stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewUFFzQrARs

He is an egotistical jerk and a huge rear end in a top hat but, unfortunately, he seems quite intelligent.

Him effortlessly dunking on every Republican candidate was great to watch

Grumpo
Mar 21, 2011
Beep boop Hillbot is programmed to receive votes and deflect criticism. Ignore successful husband engaged.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Grumpo posted:

Beep boop Hillbot is programmed to receive votes and deflect criticism. Ignore successful husband engaged.

:mitt:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Trump isn't outright stupid but he's obviously incredibly lazy and easily influenced by whoever talked to him last. He's like a kid who coasted through high school and thinks he can get through college by reading the Cliffs Notes for every book and talking loudly in the discussions.

Except the Cliffs Notes here are Fox News and Breitbart and poo poo.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Trump isn't outright stupid but he's obviously incredibly lazy and easily influenced by whoever talked to him last. He's like a kid who coasted through high school and thinks he can get through college by reading the Cliffs Notes for every book and talking loudly in the discussions.

Except the Cliffs Notes here are Fox News and Breitbart and poo poo.

You absolutely can get through college like that, though? In fact I'm pretty sure that's how most people do college these days

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Trump is clever, perceptive, and not nearly as dumb as he sometimes pretends to be. But he's not well-read or highly rational except where his direct interest is concerned.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's always weird when SA talks about the poor like we're not here

Who let these poors in here! :monocle:

My favorite "those poors!" story is when my stepdad complained about apartment buildings being put up near their suburb of single family homes because they will bring crime. This man has owned a home for 2 years and has been rich for less than that. His daughter pointed out she grew up in an apartment. I pointed to out to her "You really can't trust people who don't own a home. 3 years ago I stayed at your stepfather's apartment for the summer, and every night I would lock my bedroom door in fear he would rob me."

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Apr 21, 2017

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Universe Master posted:

Hillary's team was right to ignore Bill, I mean what does he
know about being elected president.

Of course not, he's the enemy: democrats will never nominate another white heterosexual president again :toxx:

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
I hope the democrats double down on identity politics and eventually splinter into a good liberal party that isn't bogged down by gender/race nonsense.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Him effortlessly dunking on every Republican candidate was great to watch

Underdog candidates can learn a lot from both Trump and Jesse Ventura's 1998 gubernatorial run. When your opponents are all the stuffiest stuffed shirts imaginable, and if you're quick witted and charismatic you can play them like fools over and over.

Especially if they take the bait and try and 'loosen up':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkNL_cfVyWU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Zahgaegun posted:

Underdog candidates can learn a lot from both Trump and Jesse Ventura's 1998 gubernatorial run. When your opponents are all the stuffiest stuffed shirts imaginable, and if you're quick witted and charismatic you can play them like fools over and over.

uggggghhh gently caress you HIllary

I'm not gonna try to find that video where her staff did that mannequin challenge thing on her plane during the campaign but just thinking about it is gonna piss me off for years

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zahgaegun posted:

She would do anything to get those sweet young voters

Except help them in any way

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Monkey Fracas posted:

uggggghhh gently caress you HIllary

I'm not gonna try to find that video where her staff did that mannequin challenge thing on her plane during the campaign but just thinking about it is gonna piss me off for years

They forgot to tell her to stop and she did the whole campaign in mannequin mode

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A big neon flashing sign saying "I'm really not a soulless lizard being" would have been equally effective at making people believe she isn't a soulless lizard being.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

big nipples big life posted:

A big neon flashing sign saying "I'm really not a soulless lizard being" would have been equally effective at making people believe she isn't a soulless lizard being.

"Are you calling the sign a liar? You're an insane conspiracy theorist sexist racist!"

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

insane conspiracy theorist sexist racist

This is actually on my business cards, have we met?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

big nipples big life posted:

This is actually on my business cards, have we met?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

skasion posted:

Trump is clever, perceptive, and not nearly as dumb as he sometimes pretends to be. But he's not well-read or highly rational except where his direct interest is concerned.

Yeah this. Being from the NY metro area I've known about him for my whole life and the last thing I'd do is call him dumb. You don't navigate NY/NJ real estate, especially in the 80's, as an idiot, it would be impossible.

Like Dubya, he's not book smart, and extrapolating that to "lol he dumb" is a dangerous strategy for his opponents to take.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
remember when the onion wrote stories about laughable goofy joe biden as propaganda and everyone liked it + pined for the real joe biden to act like that when they just modeled him off of dubya

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

VikingSkull posted:

Yeah this. Being from the NY metro area I've known about him for my whole life and the last thing I'd do is call him dumb. You don't navigate NY/NJ real estate, especially in the 80's, as an idiot, it would be impossible.

Like Dubya, he's not book smart, and extrapolating that to "lol he dumb" is a dangerous strategy for his opponents to take.

Eh I wouldn't call trump smart. He's got a winning combination of cleverness, stupidity, and ruthlessness that lets him keep smashing into walls headfirst until he busts through. He runs off instinct more than anything and his instincts are pretty sharp

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

nigga crab pollock posted:

remember when the onion wrote stories about laughable goofy joe biden as propaganda and everyone liked it + pined for the real joe biden to act like that when they just modeled him off of dubya

remember when the Onion wrote satire and then they got bought by a Hillary donor and then just got unfunny

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

VikingSkull posted:

The most brilliant thing about his campaign was the way he could get a free national tv spot whenever he wanted which saved a lot more money than rob mook refusing to campaign in michigan.

I don't think they thought through the advantages a reality tv star has in an election, especially when running against someone devoid of personality.

I think most people knew trump was dishonest, but the only opponent who could seem less honest than trump was hillary nixon.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

whatever GOP reptilian council of elders picked Dubya as their man destroyed liberalism for decades to come by giving mediocre coastal city people something tangible to hang their sense of passive smug superiority over all those conservative hicks on. Doesn't matter what happens or how much the right accomplishes its strategy from now, on those dudes are going to go to the grave still blowing themselves for having been smarter than a President and assured any day now conservatives will all choke on a pretzel while comically pretending to read an upside down childrens' book

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 21, 2017

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

VikingSkull posted:

Dubya graduated Yale

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

dumb and kinda scared posted:

Dubya graduated Yale

Yeah he's a CT blueblood lol. Everyone ate up that dumb hick routine a treat though

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Remember how Diamond Joe was a really genuine, likeable and human guy despite his flaws and how he'd have walked all over Donald Trump (or Jeb! for that matter) and been a good president?

Cant have that, because of white male.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Pawl posted:

I hope the democrats double down on identity politics and eventually splinter into a good liberal party that isn't bogged down by gender/race nonsense.

Well, for one, they're already doubling down on Identity politics. And liberals have in fact splintered into opposing camps not just in the US, but all over the industrialized world.

The problem with this is when liberals are busy fighting with each other, conservatives win. And liberals are almost always fighting with each other. And human beings are not creatures that learn well from mistakes or even like to admit they make mistakes, so the Democratic party is going to keep digging a deeper and deeper grave until its no more.

People sure love to call everyone Hitler, but the thing about his rise to power that everyone forgets is the complete and utter collapse of liberal parties in Germany. And the fact that you had Nazis and Communists fighting each other in the streets and complete anarchy.

And no, I'm not saying Trump is Hitler, even though people love to say that. He has more in common with Julius Caesar in that he gained popular support of the military and working class while the elites in charge of the Roman Republic hated his guts with a passion. Oh yeah, and the Roman Republic was extremely divided and had constant violence and civil wars.

I'm willing to bet if the ruling class in the USA can't successfully impeach Trump, they'll probably try to kill him. And that would be very bad because it would probably result in either a civil war, us really losing our civil liberties, or both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Biden was considerably more centrist than Hillary but he'd have probably bled off enough anti-HRC Bernie voters and rich but dissatisfied Clinton voters to make the primary actually competitive, likely forcing a convention fight. Ahh well.

• Locked thread