Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/historicus91/status/855074670680395776

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
it's insanely cool how "it's her turn" wasn't just hubris but because she didn't actually stand for anything besides "i deserve to be president"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

I can't imagine a worse takeaway than that if you campaign in a state then people will notice there's an election campaign.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
crooked was negging them

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

She's a nasty woman.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
unironically yes, she is

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

quote:

“A lot of times, Hillary would snap her fingers and go, ‘Gum.’ And Huma would fetch it.” Abedin took her duties so seriously, the source recalled, that when she learned that Clinton had once carried her own bag up a flight of stairs in her aide’s absence, Abedin nearly burst into tears.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baloogan posted:

unironically yes, she is

:same:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
*snaps fingers*

Super Male Vitality

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Office Surprise Store posted:

it's insanely cool how "it's her turn" wasn't just hubris but because she didn't actually stand for anything besides "i deserve to be president"

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I can't imagine a worse takeaway than that if you campaign in a state then people will notice there's an election campaign.
It's amazing. "Hillary Clinton doesn't reflect what voters want, therefore, we will not campaign!"

*loses election*

"OMG HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN"

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

it's really gross how hillary has taken advantage of huma abedin's apparently boundless capacities for loyalty, patience and forgiveness down the years

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

She's a nasty woman.

:smugdon:

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What does the book say about 4chan and pepe?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zeal posted:

it's really gross how hillary has taken advantage of huma abedin's apparently boundless capacities for loyalty, patience and forgiveness down the years

Huma Abedin is Gary Walsh from Veep

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Panzeh posted:

She probably would have won if someone at the beginning of the campaign told her that her character was a real question and that she needed to do everything possible to seem less like a female Nixon. I don't think she was looking for that kind of honesty.

https://twitter.com/wheatretard/status/829963326763433985

P.S. This is Triticum Guzzler's twitter, isn't it?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/855460988912402432

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Wait a sec, "America is great because America is good" is an actual thing and not just a Cspam joke?

Holy loving Christ

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Dreddout posted:

Wait a sec, "America is great because America is good" is an actual thing and not just a Cspam joke?

Holy loving Christ

It was in fact a literal line she defiantly proclaimed during the campaign, which went over about as well as you'd imagine.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hillary said she was running as a third term of the obama administration but she was actually running as a third term of the bartlett administration

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dreddout posted:

Holy loving Christ

lol look at this noob

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Dreddout posted:

Holy loving Christ

I mean, the logic is airtight.

So airtight in fact that anyone who adopts it has gone brain dead from oxygen deprivation, but still.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

rudatron posted:

I keep seeing all this juicy stuff, but it's only really coming from this one book. How reliable is it?

it's about as reliable as game change imo

if you liked game change you'll like this book, the last chapters about what was happening in the hotel on election night alone is fascinating

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

zeal posted:

the hillary/huma thing is almost creepy once you realize how similar anthony weiner and bill clinton are in terms of their infidelity

it's like huma worshipped hillary as a hero and ended up emulating her poor taste in men

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
The line is from Alexis de Tocqueville, I was confused when she started saying it because I had previously only heard it from conservatives. Maybe that makes sense now I guess :negative:.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

MaxxBot posted:

The line is from Alexis de Tocqueville, I was confused when she started saying it because I had previously only heard it from conservatives. Maybe that makes sense now I guess :negative:.

Goldwater girl till the end.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Dreddout posted:

Holy loving Christ
everything people have been mocking in this thread in respect to campaign messaging actually happened

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Baloogan posted:

“A lot of times, Hillary would snap her fingers and go, ‘Gum.’ And Huma would fetch it.” Abedin took her duties so seriously, the source recalled, that when she learned that Clinton had once carried her own bag up a flight of stairs in her aide’s absence, Abedin nearly burst into tears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIebRQHEQxc

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Typo posted:

the hillary/huma thing is almost creepy once you realize how similar anthony weiner and bill clinton are in terms of their infidelity

it's like huma worshipped hillary as a hero and ended up emulating her poor taste in men

imagine bill clinton with a smart phone when he was 30

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

anime was right posted:

imagine bill clinton with a smart phone when he was 30

That dick would stay so wet it would get pruney. He'd have trench dick.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Dreddout posted:

Holy loving Christ

I cant actually think of any actual cspam jokes about history. Like Abuela and Its Her Turn the campaign just kept putting out ao much mockworthy material we didnt need to invent anything.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

GlyphGryph posted:

I cant actually think of any actual cspam jokes about history. Like Abuela and Its Her Turn the campaign just kept putting out ao much mockworthy material we didnt need to invent anything.

I mentioned the Abuela thing to my mexican wife jokingly after it was being made fun of on here. She didn't believe it was real until I showed her the article on Hillary's own campaign site. The look of bewilderment and disdain was pretty great.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I liked when Mitt Romney's campaign was dealt a serious blow by saying that 47% of the country would never vote for him, so Hillary in all her wisdom publicly wrote off half of Trump's supporters

I'm not saying she wasn't write that half of all Trump supporters are irredeemable shitheads and that might even be a lowball, but jesus christ of all the things to actually be honest about

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

TheDon01 posted:

I mentioned the Abuela thing to my mexican wife jokingly after it was being made fun of on here. She didn't believe it was real until I showed her the article on Hillary's own campaign site. The look of bewilderment and disdain was pretty great.
hoo boy wait until you show her this
HillaryClinton.com: Donald Trump, Pepe the frog, and white supremacists: an explainer

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TheDon01 posted:

Remember when Hillary said latino kid refugees should be sent back as warning to the others?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Shear Modulus posted:

hillary said she was running as a third term of the obama administration but she was actually running as a third term of the bartlett administration

is there really a difference

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

That DICK! posted:

I liked when Mitt Romney's campaign was dealt a serious blow by saying that 47% of the country would never vote for him, so Hillary in all her wisdom publicly wrote off half of Trump's supporters

I'm not saying she wasn't write that half of all Trump supporters are irredeemable shitheads and that might even be a lowball, but jesus christ of all the things to actually be honest about

if there's one thing hillary clinton consistently gets wrong, it's when and when not to be honest

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Montasque posted:

Goldwater girl till the end.

Ride into that sunset, cowgirl.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/20/clinton-aides-shattered-book-denials-237404

quote:

Hillary Clinton’s campaign aides are aggressively pushing back against a newly released book that portrays their operation as a dysfunctional knife-fest, insisting that, despite its flaws, the campaign was focused and supportive throughout the hard-fought election.

“Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton’s Doomed Campaign” hit shelves on Tuesday and presents an unflinching autopsy on Clinton’s latest failed White House bid. The authors — political reporters Jonathan Allen and Amie Parnes — write about Clinton confidants angling to get campaign manager Robby Mook fired and longtime aide Huma Abedin unhelpfully targeting people who offered constructive criticism.

But Clinton’s top aides say the campaign comprised a group of people who, like their slogan said, were “Stronger Together” — even as they endured a long slog that ended in defeat.

“[T]he overarching narrative paints a picture of a campaign bogged down by infighting which as a result is paralyzed, leading to its own eventual demise,” Clinton deputy communications director Christina Reynolds wrote in a Medium post on Wednesday. “I wanted to speak out because after spending most of the campaign watching some people question the enthusiasm and our supporters, it’s hard to read a depiction of the campaign that paints a dedicated, cohesive team as mercenaries with questionable motives who lacked a loyalty to a candidate described as ‘imperial’ and removed from the campaign. That’s just not the campaign, the staff or the candidate I was in the trenches with for 18 months.”

We had such functional well run campaign we achieved a landslide victory over Trump

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

That DICK! posted:

it was also hilariously out of touch because romney claimed they dont pay income taxes but that's just a dumb out of touch fox news talking point that ignores payroll taxes, state income taxes, and all the other taxes poors pay that make up a very significant percentage of their income. lower taxes for poors can still resonate with poors even if they dont pay federal income taxes specifically.

hillary calling trump supporters racists, xenophobes, misogynists, etc. was also hilariously out of touch in a similar way and gives the appearance of elitism and snobbery much like romney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

hillary calling trump supporters racists, xenophobes, misogynists, etc. was also hilariously out of touch in a similar way and gives the appearance of elitism and snobbery much like romney.

Hill Folk also attacked Bernie when he pointed out his deplorable statement was a dumb blunder.

• Locked thread