Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I posted in the chat but since Apache quit that :

Wow looks like I missed a lot last night. All I'm going to say is there was no cruel intent it was literally we are 5-0 and conceded like 2 goals and wanted to keep it going. Not saying the ends justifies the means but we went undefeated ultimately. It wasn't like it was specific to Apache, we were going to tell anyone who happened to join at that point.. Also, I'm just gonna straight out say it: we all seem to be able to dish it out but not take it.

I have literally been unfriended lmultiple times by Apache for whatever reason over the years. Own has called me out with paragraphs long screeds in the thread, I have quit for over a year at a time, we've loving made secret clubs to not play with people, like Stefan said even he got left out. Or signing off when certain people sign on, or not messaging them when they play. Hell A couple years ago own and apache would only co op seasons and not play with others for a while.

I guess what I'm getting at is this was actually a lot less personal than tons of parms poo poo that has gone down before and to be honest it's pretty lovely to dump on us for wanting to win div 1 when we were so close after so long and yeah in a way the ends did justify the means. But I will keep parming with anyone and everyone that still wants to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Stefan Prodan posted:

Through the magic of 4/20 PS4 parmos reached the promised land after a 7 year struggle with a perfect season

wow i'm proud of you guys, i'm glad i had nothing to do with this as a parmos neophyte

revel in the glory

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Apache Chief posted:

Like the great Apache Geronimo once said, "The soldiers never explained to the government when an Indian was wronged, but reported the misdeeds of the Indians."

When they came for soulex, I said nothing because he was playing using pro cam.
When they came for fluos, I said nothing because I couldn't understand his accent.
When they came for me, there was only Haag left to speak.

Don't risk your spot on a team that can win a D1 title every 7 years just for my honor.

Let us allow this thread to get back to discussing the delicate intricacies of the FUT market and upcoming SBC's.

Lol I think Soulex was Xbox crew. Either way, Parms is dead, long live Parms

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

TheBigAristotle posted:

What is dead may never die, but comes back harder and stronger

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
This ref lost his fuckin mind:

(you will think I edited this video in some way but I did not)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwiqVqjcLcg

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
That's a really good one.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Also this isn't mine but I love this highlight and I'm gonna pretend that all the defenders here are Parmos AI defenders

https://gfycat.com/EveryFarFattaileddunnart

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
So I decided to do one tott tradeable sbc and one untradeable. I did the untradeable first so I could chuck it into the tradeable SBC if it was a dud. Well it wasn't a dud.

I now have a replacement for Draxler in my Bundesliga squad. Unfortunately in the tradeable sbc I got....... Cabral.

I made the Russian league squad I posted earlier and it is destroying. Promes is amazing and an absolute steal for 30k.

You know a player is good when they score a no-look 180 degree mid-air spinning nutsack volley goal in their first game.

In other news prices have crashed hard on a lot of IFs. I think it's cause of all the pack openings going on with the new tott out. I'm pushing back unloading my whole team til sunday or so.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

Through the magic of 4/20 PS4 parmos reached the promised land after a 7 year struggle with a perfect season

Kickass, congrats

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

I made the Russian league squad I posted earlier and it is destroying. Promes is amazing and an absolute steal for 30k.

You know a player is good when they score a no-look 180 degree mid-air spinning nutsack volley goal in their first game.
Hahaha this gif is beautiful

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

This ref lost his fuckin mind:

(you will think I edited this video in some way but I did not)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwiqVqjcLcg
Good lord what :psyboom: the refs this FIFA have been pretty poo poo

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I built an Argentina b-squad focused around IF-Scocco

He is dope as gently caress and scored a brace his first game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oVWCqWXUho&t=26s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9mvDgMup7c&t=32s

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

SIF Scocco is awesome and he was a top tier card in fifa 14. I paired that SIF up with IF Lisandro Lopez this year in a 41212(2) and it's great. They're like mirror players, both 4*4* and money finesse shots.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I decided to mess around with an mls squad and stuck an anchor on josef martinez because I was out of hawks

it's hilarious, he's got 99 sprint/acc with 92 strength and near perfect positioning. I haven't a single complaint at all.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
To whoever suggested SIF Benteke as a striker. You're a genius. He's got 4 in 3 games so so far it's working out pretty well.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Elliptical Dick posted:

To whoever suggested SIF Benteke as a striker. You're a genius. He's got 4 in 3 games so so far it's working out pretty well.

He's great, yeah.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Elliptical Dick posted:

Just compare 86 Benteke to 87 Lukaku and you'll see Benteke is super underrated/Lukaku is overrated. Their stats are virtually identical except Benteke has better passing and way better dribbling (similar card stat but Benteke's agility is in the 80s and Lukakus is in the 60s). Lukaku has three more pace and is somehow worth five times more (50k vs 250k). It's bizarre.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I like Benteke a lot but Lukaku is extremely much better IMO.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
FIWC America region is on twitch today if anyone wants to see a bunch of super good players play each other

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Player prices are crashing out hard. I'm personally betting on a lot of it being unnatural because of the SBC and everyone trying to sell off early for tots at the same time despite tots being four weeks out. Personally I'm holding onto my top tier cards in the hopes that they rebound. I think they will but obviously I'm not an expert. Worth noting however is that a lottt of cards are going for way way too low at the moment so it's a great time to buy cards you don't think will get another IF or a TOTS imo.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I mean I don't care at all about like selling all my players to buy them back later, THEY ARE MY FAMILY

Although I might do stuff like buy a player's newer version of in-form

I thought of something that would be kinda cool for casuals, or like people who never get money or whatever

Maybe on Halloween next year or some other weird holiday everyone gets a small random chance of one of the non-in form players on their team being "struck by lightning" or something and permanently changing into an in form version of that card? Maybe it would require that player to be in your currently active squad when the event happens, and require a certain min # of games played by that player in your club. I dunno. I just thought since they aren't doing the random gifts anymore this would be a cool bone to throw people.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Yea the original hope was that anyone with the basic card would get a boosted halloween card instead of having to buy a halloween card which then got boosted. My dream idea was always to give each player an "IF boost card" you could place it on any card in your club and turn them into an inform. Have it be a set standard given rating and postion, 75-80 strikers +2 pace, +4 dri, +5 shot etc. etc. boost defense more on CDMs CBs and follow a formula. Also give bigger boosts to silvers and less big boosts to 85+ players. Allow you to place it on up to one player a week then unlock it to use again. It sounds horribly complicated I know but so many years I've had cards that I've really liked but they just never got an IF, especially scrub tier silvers like Havenaar. Make it a restriction that you can't use the if boost on top of any special card.

e- Bought birthday Villa during this crash for 120k (down from 350k). You already know my thoughts on his 84 card, well now imagine if he was better at everything and could sprint now. Tremendous card. I have him up top with IF Martinez and regular Giovinco.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I thought you were one of the guys that got the SBC Giovinco?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

I thought you were one of the guys that got the SBC Giovinco?

I planned on doing it right at the start and I'm kind of pissed I didn't. It was prohibitively expensive to begin with because it was the first league sbc and poorly designed. I was going to attempt it again awhile back but then MLS started up again and I thought he'd get a SIF rather quickly. With any luck he'll be in the next totw,

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Went 24 wins this week :(

Just needed to win the last one to get gold 1 and lost 2-1, pretty frustrating.

Feels like I play this game a lot but never seem to be able to get over the hump to being like a 30 win kinda player except for the one time

I really just wish I could keep playing the WL after 40 games, this game is so fun when I get to play on the EA servers where it's like a perfect connection but during the week all I get are fuckin laggy Saudis or Egyptians

And it's hard to practice during the week because it seems like only super lovely players play during the week where it's not weekend league, so I'll like win 75% of my games and get really confident then get into WL against good defenses and players and go oops guess I'm still crap

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I love a lot of things about the weekend league but the 40 games in 3 days thing really gets to me. THere's tons of suggestions from basically everyone to turn it into a real ranked play mode that basically gives out rewards once a week for whatever position you find yourself in based on a certain minimum number of games, so that you can play X games over the course of a week and get rewarded as opposed to having to cram every weekend.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

Player prices are crashing out hard. I'm personally betting on a lot of it being unnatural because of the SBC and everyone trying to sell off early for tots at the same time despite tots being four weeks out. Personally I'm holding onto my top tier cards in the hopes that they rebound. I think they will but obviously I'm not an expert. Worth noting however is that a lottt of cards are going for way way too low at the moment so it's a great time to buy cards you don't think will get another IF or a TOTS imo.
Yeah I ditched SIF-Brooks and bought the new Howedes card at 25k, this shits insane.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

hopterque posted:

I love a lot of things about the weekend league but the 40 games in 3 days thing really gets to me. THere's tons of suggestions from basically everyone to turn it into a real ranked play mode that basically gives out rewards once a week for whatever position you find yourself in based on a certain minimum number of games, so that you can play X games over the course of a week and get rewarded as opposed to having to cram every weekend.

I would love that but I'd also love if they'd take the loving 5 billion dollars they make from UT and let us all just play on dedicated servers all the time

I mean ffs even pro clubs you get to play on EA servers and they don't even remember pro clubs exists!

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Hey you're better than me. I've gone 7-8 so far and seem to have forgotten how to pass to my loving teammates.

Edit: I should refresh before I post. That was in response to you, Stefan

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I mean it's just frustrating since I have like an embarrassing amount of time in this game, haha

I almost have 1000 wins this year alone (and 245 draws and 640 losses)

Granted, I've added some random players who I think are decent as friends to see if they want to play friendlies sometime and a bunch of them have like 2000+ games this year also

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I've played more games this year than the last two or three combined, I'm well over a thousand at this point as well and I play almost exclusively weekend league.

I really, really hope that they nail down some of the more frustrating technical issues for the next year, which I'm guessing they probably will since they'll have had another full year with the new engine, because man the game is really pretty god drat good when everything is working as intended but that seems pretty rare, like maybe 20% of the time.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Tzen posted:

Yeah I ditched SIF-Brooks and bought the new Howedes card at 25k, this shits insane.

Brooks has been amazing for me. I'll take the -2 def for the +8 pace. Brooks lower phys is mostly in stamina which doesn't matter for a CB imo. I'm sure Howedes is solid though.

As for weekend league, yea the length is annoying, as is the argument I've seen that WL should reward endurance and skill. gently caress the endurance bit. The overall issues EA need to fix in order are

1- servers
2- gameplay
3- WL/quality of life stuff

e- OH, and they really need to bring normal tournaments back and the prizes they had last year. It's not impossible to have SBCs and tournaments.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Any suggestions on good instructive videos to help make the jump from holding-div-3 quality to qualifying for WL?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Any suggestions on good instructive videos to help make the jump from holding-div-3 quality to qualifying for WL?

I could write a mini guide on some general tips with regards to winning the qualifying tournament if you like. I don't know what div I am this year since I don't play divs but I've qualified every week I wanted to except this one where I just was too frustrated to try again.

Seltzer posted:

Want to see how I lost the weekend league entry final?

I didn't touch anything when the defender and the keeper did what they did. I don't get mad at video games, I probably legit get annoyed at fifa like twice a year. This was some next level bullshit. Especially since the game felt like playing in mud after 3 games with a smooth connection. Goals like these ONLY ever happen in the 45th 90th 105th and 120th minute. I've had it happen to me and done it to other people over the years enough times to know it's not luck. I hosed up the penalty shootout afterwards naturally.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I miss regular tournaments also, wish they'd bring those back

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Actually speaking of tournaments, I wish draft had a better prize structure and that people actually played it

Like, maybe give some straight up coins for like winning 3 games or 4 games. As it is, no one plays it at all which sucks since it's kinda fun to be able to use 99 Ronaldo and poo poo.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Draft was a smart gimmick for fifa 16 but yeah now that the newness has worn off the payout needs to be changed. Idk they don't have a 5k draft and a 15k draft and just scale rewards down accordingly. The price is too prohibitive imo. 89 Villa and IF Martinez are such a lethal combo I can't wait until MLS tots to get a non wasteman CM to link to martinez.

What is the name of the dribbling move where the player goes from a sprint to a step over stop right on top of the ball? Also does anyone use reverse body-feints. I'm going to make it a priority to up my dribbling this go around.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I do reverse body feints, they're still good

Are you thinking of the fake shot stop? Or like a rabona fake stop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

I do reverse body feints, they're still good

Are you thinking of the fake shot stop? Or like a rabona fake stop?

I just looked it up....... it's the normal fake shot stop. I feel like a complete moron now. I thought it was like a 4 or 5* skill because it doesn't look like a fake shot in game and the only people I see use it a lot were using neymar, ronaldo etc. I feel so dumb, after all this time using 433s I would've been crushing way more if I knew this earlier.

• Locked thread