Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Aurubin posted:

How was Equilibrium marketed? Cerebral take on a future without emotions really being another type of class divide? Or literal kung-fu gun movie? Also, why was Equilibrium made?

both, german tax dodge iirc

edward balls was christian bale's stunt double

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aurubin posted:

How was Equilibrium marketed? Cerebral take on a future without emotions really being another type of class divide? Or literal kung-fu gun movie? Also, why was Equilibrium made?

It was another way in which to kill Sean Bean.

You need no other reason.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Not sure I'm digging the new Ronald McDonald

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

this is extremely, extremely my poo poo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Christian Bale in Excessive Murder 3: Kung Fu

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

That DICK! posted:

please don't doxx me

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Nonsense posted:

demoncrats

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

You guys wanna know a secret, one that will allow you to pitch whatever dumb crap you can think of to fast food execs and have them buy in?

Include this early on in your presentation: "Studies show that employees respond much more positively to less tangible encouragement"

This signals to them that what you're about to propose will not involving raising pay or giving better benefits, which they will not under any circumstances do

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

That DICK! posted:

Millennials are ruining America

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

i'd live in this

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

logikv9 posted:

Millennials are ruining America

america was already ruined

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

mc reagans

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

mary magadalene

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gringostar posted:

nothing can kill the grimace

Grimace has a violet clearance level, he can go anywhere he wants.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Aurubin posted:

It came out in the wake of the Matrix, and was billed as a more intelligent, cerebral, (french?) action film.

Which uh yeah sure whatever

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mister magpie posted:

Dystopian McDonalds fiction is a new desire in my life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbw6pqYE2H8

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

logikv9 posted:

Listen if you didn't enjoy Cool Shooting Scenes: The Movie then you're dead inside

There's a scene near the end where two dudes are standing by a door and Bale just walks up and shoots them. This is after Bale has rampaged through the end-level skyscraper full of faceless mooks with assault weapons. I'll chalk this up to bad editing or that they were former Buckingham Palace Guards. Considering the villain is Scottish, it's obviously the latter.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

mcdonalds just doesn't understand marketing anymore, do they?

ba da ba ba ba, you're in a concentration camp

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1wkfJY3AZM

I AM FRYING PAN!!!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The trick is to take management techniques that are designed for tiers of employees that do not have salary or benefits as a primary concern because they're management types, and just apply that to paycheck to paycheck wage slaves.

They just need to feel like they OWN this new french fry rollout! Soften the blow of only getting a nickel raise per year by letting them know they're vital to the business!

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 364 days!

Brother Friendship posted:

mcdonalds just doesn't understand marketing anymore, do they?

ba da ba ba ba, you're in a concentration camp

yeah but all day breakfast

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgm14D1jHUw&t=9s

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't disagree with this statement, although it really could use some color.

Honestly places like that should adopt a color scheme like Paranoia, so everyone can see who's in charge

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

tenderjerk posted:

yeah but all day breakfast

mcgriddles should be outlawed they're so good

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Aurubin posted:

There's a scene near the end where two dudes are standing by a door and Bale just walks up and shoots them. This is after Bale has rampaged through the end-level skyscraper full of faceless mooks with assault weapons. I'll chalk this up to bad editing or that they were former Buckingham Palace Guards. Considering the villain is Scottish, it's obviously the latter.

Lots of bloodless fighting and action violence throughout. Damage sustained by characters from being shot involves no blood spatter or gore.

There is an intense fight with swords; many swordsmen are slashed open briefly with fleeting blood spray. A man's face is cut off; we briefly see it slide off his head from the side.

Several execution scenes in which unarmed people are shot, including a line of captured offenders shot by automatic weapon firing squad. Also a person walking into an execution chamber in which they are burned (shown just as flames rising in-front of them before the camera cuts).

A group of helmeted men are hit with spiked gun hilts, and blood briefly sprays out of one of their faces.

Some blood is seen on a man's neck, jacket, and hands after a fight. A bit of blood is around his mouth after he has been punched.

One of the black-clad troops executes a pack of dogs found at the site, nothing is shown on screen, only the sounds of gunshots and yelps as the camera focuses on the hero's face.

A man swiftly counters a woman's attempt to stab him with a pen, slamming her down onto a table.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

I'd be down for corporate S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

the fascinating thing about the french election rn is that it looked pretty certain to be Le Pen + someone.

But Melenchon has pulled directly from Le Pen ( :confused: ) and now it could literally be any two of the candidates. Le Pen might not even make it to the 2nd round :shrug:

The subset of "just want to see it shaken up and hear the wailing of the rich" voters who are not also Nazis, the ones who would've voted for Bernie but liked Trump more than Hillary, probably

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Alcohol/Drugs/Smoking
It is worth noting that everyone is forced to take a drug that drains their emotions.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Honestly Breakfast Crunchrwaps own.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

how come you've never posted gifs of the kamen rider crossovers

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Homeless Friend posted:

I'd be down for corporate S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

you're in luck then

TRUMP!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Aurubin posted:

it came out during a time when disillusionment with the status quo was very high among younger people and action movies were vogue

you loving tell me why equilibrium was made.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I always knew the fuckin' red power ranger was a chud, look at that handshake.

Tommy ftw.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Welcome to the apocalyptic hellscape friend

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

yall ever think about how a fast food worker spends an hour making a poo poo load of value meals and their only reward is enough money to buy one for themselves

have kids? too bad.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdYSB7z7hok

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

i'm at the combination sobibor and treblinka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

logikv9 posted: