Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

TheChirurgeon posted:

Get ready for not one but 3 bullshit finishes this season:

IND @ SEA on SNF 10/1
PHI @ SEA on SNF 12/3
ATL @ SEA on MNF 11/20

Seattle also has a TNF game but that one's in Arizona so it'll probably just be another 5-3 slog

I cant wait! Yall get too caught up in the purity test of nice clean wins. With the refs being as inconsistent as ever and OPI hardly ever called ill take any W that ends on the hawks winning via hawks bullshit.

I of course will be righteously indignant if the hawks lose on a similar type call. But such is the fickle nature of sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

EmbryoSteve posted:

I cant wait! Yall get too caught up in the purity test of nice clean wins. With the refs being as inconsistent as ever and OPI hardly ever called ill take any W that ends on the hawks winning via hawks bullshit.

I of course will be righteously indignant if the hawks lose on a similar type call. But such is the fickle nature of sports.

Hey, I don't blame you...I'd be the same. Just embrace the bullshit instead of pretending like it doesn't happen :shrug:

Chilichimp posted:

I can't believe Atlanta has 2 fuckin' MNF games scheduled, and neither one is a home game.

Yeah, with the new stadium you would have thought they got 1, but oh well. We have 5 primetime games apparently, how many are home?

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I noticed we'll be treated to a 3rd annual Bills-Jets Thursday night game. The NFL does a lot of terrible things, but quarantining a Jets-Bills game is probably a good decision.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

JT Jag posted:

I for one am looking forward to splitting with the Titans, as is tradition

I'M NOT

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

JT Jag posted:

My TFF posting offseason is now officially over
Welcome back friend. Are you as excited as I am that the Jaguars are going to draft FOURnette at FOUR?!?

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

weird Asian candy posted:

Hey, I don't blame you...I'd be the same. Just embrace the bullshit instead of pretending like it doesn't happen :shrug:

Cant speak for other Seahawks fans but i wont pretend that it didnt happen but i will actively not care that it happened. At the end of the season all that matters is that W-L and if the last W we need to get in the playoffs happened due to a flagrant missed call then \_(ツ)_/ in two years we'll only remember what happened via media highlights added to build drama.

What i do care about though is rapist and abusers on the team i root for. Get the gently caress out parrish cox and frank clark.

(looking forward to people letting me know who else is a lovely person on my team)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Agreed, which is why none of the Patriots accomplishments should have asterisks

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Pretty pissed about the schedule makers counting the London games as a prime-time game for the have-nots like the Browns, but other teams get to play in London and in PT. I am sick of the 10% (Dallas, GB, and NE) having 90% of the nationally televised games!

Actually I don't care, I am glad all but one Browns 'game' will be over by 4:30.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

You should be glad that the Browns aren't being relegated to the Canadian football League

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm always glad when the Texans play the Bengals in primetime. Stoked to see two teams try to outshit each other

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
It could happen! We are projected to pick #1 AGAIN next year, this is like when Lebron left though, so gonna stack assets until Bernie comes back out of retirement to lead us to a few rings.

e; for those not from Cleveland we love Bernie and think he was great.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Bernie is going to die from CTE assisted suicide far before that

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bernie drank until he forgot he was in Cleveland, a true hometown hero

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Bernie has more spots on his liver than the Browns have wins as a franchise

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Who was that one QB he made fun of while calling a preseason game? I think it was against the Rams and I think that is what got him fired.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Remember when the Browns had depressed fans because they lost close playoff games? Pepperidge Farm remembers!

E: Not Bernie tho.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 21, 2017

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Welcome back friend. Are you as excited as I am that the Jaguars are going to draft FOURnette at FOUR?!?
Not especially

I kinda hope they trade down and pick an OT in the teens

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

listen if the jags draft fournette that means the panthers might draft a skinny white guy to play running back and if that happens i swear to god i will rain judgement down upon the city of jacksonville

ill personally burn down whatever it is you guys have down there. are there any particularly tall shacks?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

FizFashizzle posted:

listen if the jags draft fournette that means the panthers might draft a skinny white guy to play running back and if that happens i swear to god i will rain judgement down upon the city of jacksonville

ill personally burn down whatever it is you guys have down there. are there any particularly tall shacks?
We have a lot of bridges

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

FizFashizzle posted:

Too damp.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Michael Corleone posted:

Who was that one QB he made fun of while calling a preseason game? I think it was against the Rams and I think that is what got him fired.

Kellen Clemens

This was the closest that Kellen Clemens got to being famous.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

sean10mm posted:

Remember when the Browns had depressed fans because they lost close playoff games? Pepperidge Farm remembers!

E: Not Bernie tho.

Browns missing the salad days of heartbreaking losses in the playoffs

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

I'm gonna go to Chiefs / Chargers and just start screaming Ross until I find you

You'll be screaming a lot. I'm not going to that loving soccer stadium.

I'll be there at the Kroenkedome

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

JT Jag posted:

I for one am looking forward to splitting with the Titans, as is tradition

I for one am looking forward to sweeping the Jaguars, as is tradition

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Hey, you did say "again". :v:

weird Asian candy posted:

Homerist kayfabe aside that's pretty much where I'm at. You get hosed, the other guy gets hosed, never feels much better when you lose or worse when you win. You guys were the better team last year, made sense that you made the Super Bowl. Curious to see if you can sustain that crazy offense.

Oh, er, sorry. *cough* Julio hit Sherman first! You can't prove anything!

Jesus loving Christ when is it going to be football again, the Mariners are so depressing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I look forward to another year of "Well the Texans have frittered away their chances at a weak division and now the Titans and/or Jags have caught up lol nope nevermind"

Also I am glad of the Astros being the only good team in the AL West

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Browns missing the salad days of heartbreaking losses in the playoffs

Of course. At this point I am sure the Browns would kill to have something workable to build on.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

shirts and skins posted:

Hey, you did say "again". :v:

Homerist kayfabe aside that's pretty much where I'm at. You get hosed, the other guy gets hosed, never feels much better when you lose or worse when you win. You guys were the better team last year, made sense that you made the Super Bowl. Curious to see if you can sustain that crazy offense.

Oh, er, sorry. *cough* Julio hit Sherman first! You can't prove anything!

Jesus loving Christ when is it going to be football again, the Mariners are so depressing.

Yeah, I mean it is what it is. If Julio doesn't cause the tip interception the drive before it would never have been a thing anyway. If Shanahan would have run the ball...where have I seen this before hrmmm?

Refs miss calls, I get it. All I am saying is embrace the bullshit! If Alford got away with half the poo poo Sherman did, I would be happy but he gets flagged for every.thing.

As for being able to sustain, I *think* we can, but the Superbowl Hangover + losing Shanahan I just don't know. I think Quinn has built something pretty special, and they all seem to buy in. They didn't lose much over the offseason, gained Poe, getting Trufant, Clayborn, Shelby, etc. back paired with another (hopefully) DQ beefed up draft class I just don't see a huge regression but it also wouldn't super surprise me.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I hope the Browns go 0-16. gently caress the Chargers.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Intruder posted:

I look forward to another year of "Well the Texans have frittered away their chances at a weak division and now the Titans and/or Jags have caught up lol nope nevermind"

Also I am glad of the Astros being the only good team in the AL West

Are the Texans really going forward with Tom Savage? What was the point of wasting a second rounder if you're not going to make any other moves to fix QB? They should have just left Brock on the bench.

I guess what I'm saying is they should trade their 1st for Jimmy G.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Saves them $10m against the cap this season to possibly carry over or to lock up Nuk, saves them $9m next season to lock up Clowney

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Aaron Hernandez once threatened to kill Ian Rappoport.

Ian Rappoport posted:

Yeah, there is one that I think about a lot. I would end up hanging around by [Aaron Hernandez's] locker a lot. He would do his interviews and we would chat. There weren’t a lot of guys that were just hanging out in the locker room, especially during those years, so we would hang out and we would talk. When we first exchanged numbers, he called me over and said, “Hey I just want you to know, you’re my guy. If you need anything let me know, I will help you out if I can. But I just want you to know, if you f— me over, I’ll kill you.” I sort of laughed a little bit, and I said, “Don’t worry, I got you, I’ll take care of you.”

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hell, same.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Shoulda pulled the trigger on that one, A-Aron

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
All jokes aside, that's pretty loving chilling to think about

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

His choice of words too "hanging around"...oh Ian

He used "hang" three times in the quote haha wow

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Eli Wiggum posted:

All jokes aside, that's pretty loving chilling to think about

Not really. I doubt it even happened.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

Looks like I'm going down to Minneapolis for the Rams game in November, hopefully your President has not banned Canadians by then.

This kind of broke my brain

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TheChirurgeon posted:

Get ready for not one but 3 bullshit finishes this season:

IND @ SEA on SNF 10/1
PHI @ SEA on SNF 12/3
ATL @ SEA on MNF 11/20

Seattle also has a TNF game but that one's in Arizona so it'll probably just be another 5-3 slog

It's gonna own :hawksin:

Tate caught the ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bad Moon posted:

It's gonna own :hawksin:

Tate caught the ball

Moooooooooooooodssssssssss

• Locked thread