Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wait no love for

"(Jinder as number 1 contender) It would be like if we replaced you with Vince Russo."

"That's a terrible analogy... Russo is far worse than Jinder."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also that ufc fixed fight story is amazing.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rodney the Piper posted:

I have listened to about two hours of the most recent Between the Sheets podcast. I previously hadn't tried it because of the length of each episode. I'm actually enjoying it so far; it's an interesting way to look back to wrestling' history and recap what was going on.

It's an insanely good podcast. One tip I recommend is skipping to the groups you're interested in. Things are nicely segmented so you want lose anything if you skip it. I mean I think I always skip Amazon and the Commercial parts.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Wazzu posted:

A lot of people say Generico/Zayn rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Kevin said as such - too full of ideas, academic when others want to keep it simple.

That's not a diva, though. Divas insist on things being their way all the time or they won't play ball. That's not the same thing as "overthinks things sometimes". Wrestling as a whole has a bad habit of ostracizing people for dumb poo poo, too.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 21, 2017

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

I really hope to never hear Brent again, I get seriously uncomfortable listening to him talk about his life :ohdear:
It's super weird hanging out with him at Empire meetups. He just shows up and does weird poo poo, but he's relatively harmless and just has no social compass.

The M.R. thing is disgusting and entirely unsurprising when you remember that Vince McMahon gets angry when he sneezes because he sees it as a betrayal. Dude must abhor mental illness as weakness and inability to overcome.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I'm just not buying that M.R. thing as much as I maybe should.

Like, that seems way out of place compared to the other stuff.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol ok

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Nah, it's probably true. It could be a coincidence since he was with J.R. for so long but I shouldn't even give them the benefit of the doubt.

Helicity posted:

To most normal adults, the MR thing seems ridiculously contrived and almost implausible. In the context of things people in WWE have owned up to and have been accused of over the years - it feels right at home.

Yea, after a minute I was like "nah, that's stupid enough that they would do it"

The D in Detroit fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 21, 2017

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

To most normal adults, the MR thing seems ridiculously contrived and almost implausible. In the context of things people in WWE have owned up to and have been accused of over the years - it feels right at home.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I've been listening to the E&C Pod of Awesomeness and holy poo poo the Austin impersonation in the semifinals of their contest just made me completely lose it :lol:

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

IcePhoenix posted:

I've been listening to the E&C Pod of Awesomeness and holy poo poo the Austin impersonation in the semifinals of their contest just made me completely lose it :lol:
everything about that guy's impression is completely phenomenal
he absolutely needs to be on the show to do it all the time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnqmskovEDk

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

checksin posted:

everything about that guy's impression is completely phenomenal
he absolutely needs to be on the show to do it all the time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnqmskovEDk

May as well post the longer version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxaxLUnPYkc

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's not like WWE didn't name a black character Sapphire and then claim they didn't know it referenced Amos and Andy.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The MR thing is totally believable just because it's the kind of completely weird and dumb thing that would make Vince piss himself with laughter

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Did anyone else think to themselves "I wonder if TNA ever tried to get him..." during the Pete Gas interview? And did you die laughing when it turned out they did and for exactly the reasons you imagined?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm looking forward to Tommy Itami vs Bobby Rook on NXT.

MassRafTer posted:

Did anyone else think to themselves "I wonder if TNA ever tried to get him..." during the Pete Gas interview? And did you die laughing when it turned out they did and for exactly the reasons you imagined?

Never wondered about the first, but did die laughing at the second :)

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Jerusalem posted:

I'm looking forward to Tommy Itami vs Bobby Rook on NXT.

Rick Rides son is great, but Tommy is due for a push

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I remember back when they had Granny review Main Event a few times and it was amazing, then they just had her stop doing wrestling reviews for like, 3 years until just recently. I loved her review of Gizmo More Eggs.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Pete Gas was a fun interview, probably helped by Dave being surprisingly cheerful during the whole thing.

yeah the pete gas interview was good, he seems like a nice dude

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I just saluted Dave at the PWG show and he saluted me back

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Bryan and Vinny talking about physiques in wrestling and burying guys for not training, then not understanding that people film PR attempts in the gym was a very B and V type moment.

Vacillating between having all the answers and being totally clueless to how the world works.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Holy cow, that's great!

Where the hell is the E&C podcast hosted anyway?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Not as good as Dan Ryckert.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Jubs posted:

Not as good as Dan Ryckert.

I can't wait for the day that Giant Bomb fades from internet pop culture. This was just terrible.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AlmightyPants posted:

Holy cow, that's great!

Where the hell is the E&C podcast hosted anyway?

On iTunes and https://www.podparadise.com/Podcast/1212999462

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

I can't wait for the day that Giant Bomb fades from internet pop culture. This was just terrible.

giant bomb is good

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Cardboard Box posted:

giant bomb is good

Ryckerts Prey Steve Austin is amazing

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Dan Ryckert is getting married in a Taco Bell.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

we should all be so lucky

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

Dan Ryckert is getting married in a Taco Bell.

They both give me the shits so that makes sense

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I wonder if he regrets going for the Taco Bell wedding when he could have been married by Big E.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

I wonder if he regrets going for the Taco Bell wedding when he could have been married by Big E.

The idea is cool because even if you're not into wrestling, Big E seems like a guy who'd be fun to chat with after he performs the ceremony (assuming he sticks around)

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Bryan has seen some stuff that might be about the Mauro/WWE thing and/or the USA Today article and he has a take on it but he isn't allowed to give his take until it actually comes to light because there's more to come. And they spend like two minutes talking around the hot take he can't talk about.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Ain't nothing saying he can't do both. He's friends with Xavier, so he could get in touch with E if he wanted to.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Steve sang Christian's theme too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He8LrMG-yHY

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

a big fat bunny posted:

Bryan has seen some stuff that might be about the Mauro/WWE thing and/or the USA Today article and he has a take on it but he isn't allowed to give his take until it actually comes to light because there's more to come. And they spend like two minutes talking around the hot take he can't talk about.

On the board, Meltzer said the story is going to be like the TNA TV story, and that the best thing to do was to just wait and let it all play out. So I'll assume that Mauro probably didn't take the deal where WWE won't allow him to talk about his time there.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
its gonna come out that it was byron saxton who bullied him

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

DrVenkman posted:

On the board, Meltzer said the story is going to be like the TNA TV story, and that the best thing to do was to just wait and let it all play out. So I'll assume that Mauro probably didn't take the deal where WWE won't allow him to talk about his time there.

So if Mauro doesn't take the deal, he can just do whatever outside commitments he wants until mid-August or whenever his contract expires, except that he wouldn't be able to do pro wrestling until then?

Holding off on pro wrestling commentating for four months in exchange for being able to say whatever you want about the situation seems like an okay deal to me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CVagts posted:

So if Mauro doesn't take the deal, he can just do whatever outside commitments he wants until mid-August or whenever his contract expires, except that he wouldn't be able to do pro wrestling until then?

Holding off on pro wrestling commentating for four months in exchange for being able to say whatever you want about the situation seems like an okay deal to me.

Getting paid a bunch of money is way better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

CVagts posted:

It's not the binary of 'sell out your principles' vs 'speak freely with zero consequences'. Taking a deal like this also protects Mauro from WWE loving with him further.

• Locked thread