Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
The pacing for the side quests is also really weird. I've been doing every quest I can find but the game still give me quests with enemies 15+ levels above me. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just classic Yoko Taro loving with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

moosecow333 posted:

The pacing for the side quests is also really weird. I've been doing every quest I can find but the game still give me quests with enemies 15+ levels above me. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just classic Yoko Taro loving with me.

I just assume everything happening to me in N:A is Yoko Taro loving with me. Haven't been wrong yet.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
More PS4 console design hate - whoever decided the back of the console needs to slant at an angle and have it overhang where the HDMI and network connectors are should be shot. No, I don't need to change cords that often, but when I do I can't just reach over like I can for every other TV-connected device ever, I have to turn the loving thing around and do it that way.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

moosecow333 posted:

Quest completion is maintained between endings. If it's way too hard, it's probably one that's best taken on during your second playthrough.

Or go back to the first boss area, where the grinding is easy.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

food court bailiff posted:

A week from now when the protagonist gets killed from a lucky Mudo and you get shunted to the Game Over screen you'll be kicking yourself for not saving every time you're in LeBlanc. That's what that time is for.

lol are you cramming pennies in the disk drive or what, I've never even heard of anything like this

Well how the gently caress else am I supposed to pay for my microtransactions rear end in a top hat

But in all seriousness both my old PS4 and PS4 pro have had issues where at least the PS4 would just at random decide to spit the disks out while beeping its little heart out and the Pro does this thing where if you haven't used it in a while the next time you try to turn it on it won't and you'll have to power cycle it to get it to work again

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

moosecow333 posted:

Do those quests later. The ones with super strong enemies are so, so much easier in route b

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Also Yoko Taro's Wild Ride starts later than you might think, but... you'll know when it does

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I find damage spikey enough on normal that it's not completely brain dead, even with a couple of defensive chips active. It's not really hard, but I can't just mindlessly mash buttons and expect to come out ahead unless I'm decently overlevelled.

Hard not having lock-on seemed annoying and I'm pretty sure I played through the first game on hard and it just kind of sucked until it became irrelevant so I've never considered switching.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

TOO MANY GOBLINS posted:

My PS4 is a refurbished second-hand one, I have either hard drive issues that require fixing in Safe Mode or the console just randomly spitting out the disc without me touching it pretty frequently :confused: I have no idea why

Lots of early PS4s have a flaw where they keep ejecting the disk, there are a bunch of solutions but I never found one that worked for long and went with a replacement instead.

I wouldn't buy one preowned while the first generation models are still on the market.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
New vegas pet peeves, Benny is such a missed opportunity, matthew perry sounds like he's in a coma and the character model sucks, i'm trying to change it in the geck but he keeps on looking like an alien with fetal alcohol syndrome.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

New vegas pet peeves, Benny is such a missed opportunity, matthew perry sounds like he's in a coma and the character model sucks, i'm trying to change it in the geck but he keeps on looking like an alien with fetal alcohol syndrome.
Getting Caesar to crucify him was pretty sweet, though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Planet Robobot: For a game all about this powerful robot suit, it sure doesn't use it enough for my tastes. Once you beat the game, you can do an arena mode. Cool. But there's no option to do the same in the robot. You can't do any boss rushes with the robot either, and there's not nearly enough bosses where you're using it either. Plus, despite that, the final boss is a like, shoot-em-up boss? It's kinda third person but you're fighting a ship and the boss is right in front of you and you just shoot it a bunch.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Finally buckled and got Fallout 3 on steam with the intention of modding and playing it. Jesus wept. Fallout 4 has spoiled me for ease of play, and Skyrim has spoiled me for ease of modding. After battling with the potato-faced bastard for hours, I got it to run acceptably, but it just feels so janky and bad. I wanted to play through it then get New Vegas (since everyone sucks NV's dick) but ugh. I guess it's just a case of adjusting to the controls...

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Sunswipe posted:

Getting Caesar to crucify him was pretty sweet, though.

I'd really like to make him look like a young frank Sinatra but that's like trying to recreate a picture perfect mona lisa out of pubes and ham.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

food court bailiff posted:

E: I feel like I should go into detail on why Morgana sucks when Teddie was great. As annoying as Teddie was, he was in the characters' corner from the start. He is nearly as lost and confused as they are in the TV world, and is completely oblivious to the ways of the real world. Morgana, on the other hand, is absolutely goddamn convinced that he knows everything about the Metaverse (despite never successfully stealing a Treasure before) and sure as poo poo doesn't let you forget it. Add to that the never-ending condescension during battles ("Skull, you're pathetic." "Panther, you've got to watch them!" Shut up, you loving cat, your damage output is awful) and it's just a really grating experience overall.

It's gotten very slightly better as the game has progressed a bit but seriously, someone that small and eminently puntable should not run their drat mouth so much.

I'm totally the opposite. Morgana is fine for me, Teddie is probably the most annoying fictional character, maybe only second to some of the more notable ones from Borderlands. But he seriously sucks and I couldn't finish P4 or P4g because I burned out having to deal with him. That being said, the P5 characters pretty much fit the same mold as the P4/P3 characters. I mean Ryuji is pretty much just Junpei and Kanji together. Makoto has some strong Mitsuru vibes.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Zahi posted:

I'm totally the opposite. Morgana is fine for me, Teddie is probably the most annoying fictional character, maybe only second to some of the more notable ones from Borderlands. But he seriously sucks and I couldn't finish P4 or P4g because I burned out having to deal with him. That being said, the P5 characters pretty much fit the same mold as the P4/P3 characters. I mean Ryuji is pretty much just Junpei and Kanji together. Makoto has some strong Mitsuru vibes.

Teddie is just unbearable.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I'd really like to make him look like a young frank Sinatra but that's like trying to recreate a picture perfect mona lisa out of pubes and ham.

So the obstacle is that you're making him look too good?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yeah Morgana is mostly chill and serious and Teddie had a lot less chill

I grow to hate either when they don't shut their traps but overall Morgana is a chill rear end cat (minus making me go to sleep grrr)

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Planet Robobot: Plus, despite that, the final boss is a like, shoot-em-up boss? It's kinda third person but you're fighting a ship and the boss is right in front of you and you just shoot it a bunch.

It sounds like it's a Whatever Genre Star Fox Is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AweStriker posted:

It sounds like it's a Whatever Genre Star Fox Is.

Yeah, that's a good way to describe it! It's like a Star Fox thing or the Gummy Ship fights in Kingdom Hearts 1 but you can't boost or brake.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Roro posted:

Finally buckled and got Fallout 3 on steam with the intention of modding and playing it. Jesus wept. Fallout 4 has spoiled me for ease of play, and Skyrim has spoiled me for ease of modding. After battling with the potato-faced bastard for hours, I got it to run acceptably, but it just feels so janky and bad. I wanted to play through it then get New Vegas (since everyone sucks NV's dick) but ugh. I guess it's just a case of adjusting to the controls...

Yeah, there's a pretty big difference between going from 4 to 3. I really like Fallout 3, but it definitely has problems, a lot of which got fine tuned for New Vegas mainly stuff like the plot, gameplay, and characters - though there are a few characters in the game that are pretty memorable though, most of them are just like - do this quest and never speak to me again or followers not really having that much of a personality (except dogmeat and Fawkes). You also really won't give a poo poo about the main antagonist either.

I do find what 3 has over 4 and maybe New Vegas is that quests don't really feel as tedious (mainly due to having a lot less loading screens, especially compared to the Strip in New Vegas) and that I personally enjoyed the ruined city feel of 3 over the western vibe in new vegas because it hit closer to home for me.

I really would recommend you get a mod that keeps followers essential though, making your dog immortal is one of the biggest boons new vegas brought to the table.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

When I fight bad habits I developed in college, sometimes I wish I had a cat who would tell me to go to bed

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Koromaru is the best Persona mascot

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

scarycave posted:

I really would recommend you get a mod that keeps followers essential though, making your dog immortal is one of the biggest boons new vegas brought to the table.

Is that really needed though? At least with Broken Steel installed your companions gain such a high HP number that they are de facto immortal anyway.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

scarycave posted:

Yeah, there's a pretty big difference between going from 4 to 3. I really like Fallout 3, but it definitely has problems, a lot of which got fine tuned for New Vegas mainly stuff like the plot, gameplay, and characters - though there are a few characters in the game that are pretty memorable though, most of them are just like - do this quest and never speak to me again or followers not really having that much of a personality (except dogmeat and Fawkes). You also really won't give a poo poo about the main antagonist either.

I do find what 3 has over 4 and maybe New Vegas is that quests don't really feel as tedious (mainly due to having a lot less loading screens, especially compared to the Strip in New Vegas) and that I personally enjoyed the ruined city feel of 3 over the western vibe in new vegas because it hit closer to home for me.

Oh, I plan on making sure my followers are essential. I use FO4 followers as meat shields in big fire fights so I'd end up with a trail of corpses otherwise.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Germansimp posted:

Is that really needed though? At least with Broken Steel installed your companions gain such a high HP number that they are de facto immortal anyway.

As long as the stupid drongos keep running in front of me when I'm trying to fire a Fat Man, yes.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TOO MANY GOBLINS posted:

My PS4 is a refurbished second-hand one, I have either hard drive issues that require fixing in Safe Mode or the console just randomly spitting out the disc without me touching it pretty frequently :confused: I have no idea why

I have a first generation PS4 that did the exact same thing, what ended up working was taking the little piece of rubber underneath the eject button out. Turns out a little piece of the rubber kept setting off the eject sensor. Hasn't happened since.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, that's a good way to describe it! It's like a Star Fox thing or the Gummy Ship fights in Kingdom Hearts 1 but you can't boost or brake.

Rail shooter

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Teddie was the best waifu. :colbert:

Also even with mods and whatever to fix the gameplay, I just can't go back to FO3 anymore, any time I've tried the writing in general still makes me groan and the gameplay itself is at it's worst, so I end up thinking why not just play NV again or screw around on 4 instead.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I just started the second playthrough of Nier: Automata. I beat the prologue but then immediately got one of the joke endings. It was pretty funny but I hadn't saved so I have to do the prologue again and I am so not feeling it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
ok seriously, i went into this person's palace for about ten minutes, tops. why am i "too tired" to do anything? AT LEAST LET ME GET A MASSAGE FROM MY MAID YOU lovely PUSSY

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

I just started the second playthrough of Nier: Automata. I beat the prologue but then immediately got one of the joke endings. It was pretty funny but I hadn't saved so I have to do the prologue again and I am so not feeling it.
I died halfway through the prologue on route B and was put back to the start of the room I was in, wtf did you do

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
the game doesn't even commit to its adherence of manual saves. i died in the eve fight at the end of route a and started during one of the phases.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I died halfway through the prologue on route B and was put back to the start of the room I was in, wtf did you do

Idk how other alt endings work because I haven't seen any but IIRC K boots you to the main menu afterwards. It does warn you that you're doing a dumb though.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Action Tortoise posted:

Koromaru is the best Persona mascot

My P5 protagonist is named Koro Maru, as is my Persona tradition.

While this isn't really dragging the game down, there's a cute bit in the Persona 5 Day Breakers animation that acted as a preview for the game where it's shown Morgana (the cat) has to basically articulate cat sounds because he really has a normal voice. So there's a bit where he just starts yelling "HISSS" at some bad guys so they don't catch on that he's not a normal cat. It's charming and a funny way to make Morgana more than a simple cat mascot.

I guess they dropped that trait early on in the writing because it never comes up in the game. Actually, aside from when you initially meet Morgana (and in one very specific instance later on), Morgana being a cat is weirdly underutilized- the fact that you are carrying this cat with you literally all the time, having conversations and appearing to take orders from it like an anime Son-of-Sam is apparently perfectly normal.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

spit on my clit posted:

ok seriously, i went into this person's palace for about ten minutes, tops. why am i "too tired" to do anything? AT LEAST LET ME GET A MASSAGE FROM MY MAID YOU lovely PUSSY

Trust me, just pretend the protagonist is anemic and gets really sudden bouts of exhaustion. It will save your sanity.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

My P5 protagonist is named Koro Maru, as is my Persona tradition.

While this isn't really dragging the game down, there's a cute bit in the Persona 5 Day Breakers animation that acted as a preview for the game where it's shown Morgana (the cat) has to basically articulate cat sounds because he really has a normal voice. So there's a bit where he just starts yelling "HISSS" at some bad guys so they don't catch on that he's not a normal cat. It's charming and a funny way to make Morgana more than a simple cat mascot.

I guess they dropped that trait early on in the writing because it never comes up in the game. Actually, aside from when you initially meet Morgana (and in one very specific instance later on), Morgana being a cat is weirdly underutilized- the fact that you are carrying this cat with you literally all the time, having conversations and appearing to take orders from it like an anime Son-of-Sam is apparently perfectly normal.

It's done better in Devil Summoner where the main character's assistant is a talking cat only he, and I think other devil summoners, can hear.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Self destructed as soon as I got to the bunker. I wanted to see what it did to 9S's clothing (nothing)

I also got an ending during the second prologue so I had to do that super slow part at the beginning 3 times total. If you wander off instead of getting in the flight unit you get "9S was so fascinated by the machines he ran off to study them and was never heard from again."

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

The Moon Monster posted:

Self destructed as soon as I got to the bunker. I wanted to see what it did to 9S's clothing (nothing)

you're supposed to lose shorts when you respawn, but you barely notice since he's just wearing shorts. the dress module you can buy off emil removes parts of clothing without self-destructing. it's a real pointless item and i think there should be more cosmetic items for A2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Nuebot posted:

It's done better in Devil Summoner where the main character's assistant is a talking cat only he, and I think other devil summoners, can hear.

Gotou is meowing if you don't have Crazy Wizard Senses that let you understand him. One of the ways like half the cast show that they're supernaturally inclined is that they understand the cat talking and do something to indicate that yes they understand the cat.