Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I think it's actually a 3-day thing, poo poo's massive.

Yeah, that's it. One of the Opens had a schedule like that. It's two days of regular swiss, with those making a certain record coming back on day 3 for the last couple rounds of swiss and the cut. So each player only does two days at most, but it goes for three just to fit everyone.

Buddy of mine made the cut last year at Gencon. With Poe. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Speaking of Poe and Pattern Analyzer, I finally got to play a game for the first time in what feels like months today! Got to try the BB-8 barrel roll, PTL for focus then clear with green and take another action, alternating with the PA ability to PtL as normal then just clear the stress from that with the green - very potent!

The U-Wing seems pretty similar to a Lambda in most respects and not really much more fun to fly which is kinda sad but w/e - I also flew Sabine's TIE for the first time and it got wiped off the board in the first round without ever having the chance to drop its EMP :(

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

GenCon should at least be two flights that each cut to a top X. Possibly with additional rounds of Swiss on day three.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So from what I gather, at Gencon, the 2 Swiss days are Friday and Saturday, and the final round is Sunday if you make the cut? Correct?

saint gerald
Apr 17, 2003

enigmahfc posted:

So from what I gather, at Gencon, the 2 Swiss days are Friday and Saturday, and the final round is Sunday if you make the cut? Correct?

No, prelims were Thursday and Friday, and those that made the cut played on Saturday. There was also a Team Epic tournament on Sunday. This year's schedule should be out in mid-May.

Sunday tends to be a winding-down sort of day and a lot of people drift off by about lunchtime.

If you go, check out the Gencon thread and our Groupme -- there's a lively group of goons who go to Gencon every year and we always get together for various hijinks and shenanigans. I'll be playing probably in both the tournament and the Epic, although I've only been playing a few months and will crash out early.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Okay, cool, thanks. I already have my ticket for Gencon, and I was actually hoping that things didn't spill over to Sunday much, so I'd have a day before going back to work (and to not have o get another night at a hotel). I'll check out that Gencon thread too, thanks.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I had a shower thought.

Zuckuss (28)
Snap Shot (2)
Bossk (2)
Enhanced Scopes (1)
Tractor Beam (1)
Mist Hunter (0)

Latts Razzi (33)
Tractor Beam (1)
K4 Security Droid (3)
Weapons Engineer (3)
4-LOM (1)
Tactical Jammer (1)

N'Dru Suhlak (17)
Deadeye (1)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Total: 100

Mostly just wanted a Snap Shot/Bossk crew combo.

Just out of curiosity, why not stick Lone Wolf on N'Dru? It seems to pair better with his pilot ability.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.
Going to my first local tournament as a Scum player. Been wanting to tool around with a dual Protectorate list, but I don't have the auto thrusters and I'm not sure how well I'd do without them/not sure if Stealth Device is a suitable replacement. I know Fenn/Zuck/Manaroo still work and it's a list I've flown before albeit with proxies. I considered running Fenn with the Cannon Scyk that boosts a wingman's defense rolls, is this viable? If all else, I can run the Shadow Caster and a Protectorate or something. Any recommendations for a guy that likes ramming u-boats into Darth Vader and managing to fly into every asteroid on the field at one point?

Edit: I need to paint the M3-A to look like an Option to go with this.

Nebiros fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 21, 2017

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Build two lists, one with Autothrusters and one without, and when you get there ask if anyone can loan you he Autothrusters. On the very slim chance that no one says yes, play the other list.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

IronSaber posted:

Just out of curiosity, why not stick Lone Wolf on N'Dru? It seems to pair better with his pilot ability.

I did consider it. Don't even know if I'll run this list.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I did consider it. Don't even know if I'll run this list.

Just a thought.

So Snap Shot seems like a useful tool to proc "after attacking" upgrades and abilities before the Combat phase. Anyone have a good list of "after attacking" upgrades and skills on hand?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

IronSaber posted:

Just a thought.

So Snap Shot seems like a useful tool to proc "after attacking" upgrades and abilities before the Combat phase. Anyone have a good list of "after attacking" upgrades and skills on hand?

Tactician and R3-A2 are a good start.

Darth Vader crew?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Darth Vader crew?

Tactician is good, but wouldn't work with Snap Shot, since Tactician is only range 2 and SS procs at range 1.

Got another question for you guys: Looking at Arvel Crynyd, his ability is: "You may declare an enemy ship inside your firing arc that you are touching as the target of your attack." Does this allow him to attack enemies he is touching in his firing arc? Or is it just for declaration purposes only? 'cause it sounds really useful if I pair it with Intimidation, especially if the enemy ship can't fire back if I'm in its own firing arc.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

IronSaber posted:

Tactician is good, but wouldn't work with Snap Shot, since Tactician is only range 2 and SS procs at range 1.

Got another question for you guys: Looking at Arvel Crynyd, his ability is: "You may declare an enemy ship inside your firing arc that you are touching as the target of your attack." Does this allow him to attack enemies he is touching in his firing arc? Or is it just for declaration purposes only? 'cause it sounds really useful if I pair it with Intimidation, especially if the enemy ship can't fire back if I'm in its own firing arc.

Jonus + Tie Shuttle
edit:meant Rhymer. Post below me is correct

And yes, your read is correct. It is basically "You can attack if you are bumping":

Same with Zeb crew

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 21, 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

IronSaber posted:

Look up Major Rhymer.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

Darth Vader crew?

Vader + Snap Shot works, but there's not really a good ship to use it on. Vader consumes 1/3rd the health of a TIE Bomber, and Decimators usually kite (and thus won't have enemies in arc.

Frankly, the best use of Snap Shot is with R3-A2. Snap them after the move, before their action, and give them a stress so they can't take an action.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Look up Major Rhymer.

Gah, forgot about the Major.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

IronSaber posted:

I'm not sure how this is ambiguous. If you're bumped with an enemy ship, you can't shoot him, he can't shoot you. This pilot can shoot a ship he's bumped with, assuming said ship is within your firing arc. Said ship can't shoot back, as he's still bumped with you.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Arvel's a one way street. Contrast that to Zeb crew, which reads that during the combat phase, you and the other ship are not considered touching (so you can both shoot at each other).

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

canyoneer posted:

Arvel's a one way street. Contrast that to Zeb crew, which reads that during the combat phase, you and the other ship are not considered touching (so you can both shoot at each other).

Meaning Arvel would still take damage from a feedback array, for example. Zeb wouldn't.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Feedback array is range one and works if you're bumping or not.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

TheCenturion posted:

I'm not sure how this is ambiguous.

I dunno, I just saw "declare inside your firing arc" as another one of this game's many nuanced abilities I'm trying to figure out.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

Feedback array is range one and works if you're bumping or not.

Hmmm, I'm thinking of something else then. But I'm pretty sure there're cards that do bad things to people that run into you.

IronSaber posted:

I dunno, I just saw "declare inside your firing arc" as another one of this game's many nuanced abilities I'm trying to figure out.

You can't declare an attack on somebody you're bumping, normally. This guy can. It specifies 'if the other ship is inside your firing arc' because if they left it unsaid, people would claim that if another ship bumped into his rear end, he could shoot at them. "But it just says if they're touching, he can attack them!"

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Anti pursuit lasers is what you're thinking of.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Another fun rules interaction that brings up is Intimidation with Zeb crew.
Intimidation reads:
While you are touching an enemy ship, reduce that ship's agility value by 1.
Zeb reads:
Enemy ships inside your firing arc that you are touching are not considered to be touching you when either you or they activate during the Combat phase.

So, you wanna roll up on a ship with Intimidation and Zeb and crash into stuff and shoot it with an agility hit? Not so fast. When the ship that Zeb is on activates in the combat phase, the enemy ship inside the firing arc is no longer considered touching, which means that Zeb's ship can attack but also means that Intimidation no longer triggers. Once the ship that Zeb is on is done shooting, the other ships can still attack the bumped ship with the effects of Intimidation, because they're considered touching again.

Intimidation works with Arvel because your ships are still touching, but he's allowed to break the rules and shoot at a ship that he's touching.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

It's not Zeb if the ships aren't touching.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Had a shower thought of my own - snap wexley with Daredevil. Agile, but would've been better pre-nerf with targeting astromech.

Snap shot airen cracken?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

X-Wing: · Biggs Darklighter (25)
· R4-D6 (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

ARC-170: · Thane Kyrell (26)
· R2-D6 (1)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
· Lando Calrissian (3)
Alliance Overhaul (0)
Expose (4)

HWK-290: · Jan Ors (25)
Expertise (4)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
· Nien Nunb (1)
-- TOTAL ------- 100p. --

Strike my Biggs down and​ I shall became more powerful than you can imagine.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

hoiyes posted:

Had a shower thought of my own - snap wexley with Daredevil. Agile, but would've been better pre-nerf with targeting astromech.

Snap shot airen cracken?

Daredevil is its own action anyway.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Tequila Ranger posted:

Daredevil is its own action anyway.

Yeah but snap can free boost then Daredevil for some pretty cool and good manoeuvring. With pattern analyser he can tallon, boost then hard 1. (then take 2 stress and shoot unmodified :v)

I put together a rebel jank list with thane expose just the other day

X-Wing: •Biggs Darklighter (26)
Integrated Astromech (0)
•R4-D6 (1)

ARC-170: •Thane Kyrell (33)
Alliance Overhaul (0)
Tail Gunner (2)
•R2-D6 (1)
Expose (4)

TIE Fighter: •Captain Rex (14)

T-70 X-Wing: •Jess Pava (27)
Integrated Astromech (0)
•R3-A2 (2)

Total: 100/100

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Apr 22, 2017

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

First outing with Tie D Tractor Vessery last night. :drat: I love putting tractor in every list, but that is by far the best and funnest way to run it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Can you spot the bad jank in this custom?

It has a missile slot, a title that gives it a second missile and a special missile that requires long range scanners, but doesn't have either target lock action, or the torp slot for long range scanners

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

Can you spot the bad jank in this custom?

It has a missile slot, a title that gives it a second missile and a special missile that requires long range scanners, but doesn't have either target lock action, or the torp slot for long range scanners

Uhh.. the title refers to cannons only, and the missile is worded that way for Epic ships. You can still shoot it at range 3 and it only requires a focus token.

That named pilot is pretty bad though. What use is a red target lock without the blue token?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I don't think there's a single thing to like about that ship. It's got a terrible dial and is way overpriced (Six points more than a base Z-95 and all you get is a single shield and a boost action instead of a TL? Really?), and to top it off the only way to make use of the title is to make the ship even more expensive.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I guess someone really loves playing with thread tracers.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lordy, I didn't even look at the dial, what a mess. The EPT is a terrible choice with the title, and I got Autoblaster Turrets mixed up with cannons. No way is the low PS ship worth 23 points even with a Range 1-2 Autoblaster.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Uhh.. the title refers to cannons only, and the missile is worded that way for Epic ships. You can still shoot it at range 3 and it only requires a focus token.

That named pilot is pretty bad though. What use is a red target lock without the blue token?

Hmm, when I first looked at it, it had a title that added a second missile slot I thought.

And, if it's for epic ships, they don't have a focus action

(I think the OP editted it to remove some of the worst parts. Like I said, that missile needed a target lock originally, the EPT had no range/in arc restriction, and there was a second title)

EDIT: Here's the reddit things, where other people point out stupids

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I figured they probably changed it after you posted. Epic ships can still get focus tokens from other sources, can't they?

Regardless, they're bad ships Brent.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Man I wish all the good astromechs didn't come on the transport. I don't have one, don't want one, but need the cards for every rebel build I make. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

ConfusedUs posted:

Man I wish all the good astromechs didn't come on the transport. I don't have one, don't want one, but need the cards for every rebel build I make. :(

Just pretend you're buying an X-Wing with a really fancy doorstop included in the package.

• Locked thread