Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sober posted:

While I'm excited I'm worried about how S6 onwards will go. Will it just become generic superhero fodder? Half the charm was the 5 years vs 5 years format (as dumb as the flashbacks got). Feels like all the major Oliver Queen character study beats will or should be done with by the end of it.

I'd imagine the framing for S6 will focus more on the team and their issues going forward and away from Ollie's. Obviously they'd drop the year for year flashbacks, but I imagine they'd still do flashbacks when relevant to the character being focused on. Is Black Siren promised for S6? If so, I'd really hope for an Earth 2 flashback for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Could do what several goons have suggested and shut down "Arrow" and reboot as "Arrow and the Outsiders" as a more heavily ensemble show now that the flashback framework is done with.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Zebulon posted:

Could do what several goons have suggested and shut down "Arrow" and reboot as "Arrow and the Outsiders" as a more heavily ensemble show now that the flashback framework is done with.

Or they could just rotate flashbacks for the other characters. I wouldn't mind getting some more stories centered on the rest of the cast.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm still baffled why they think two canaries is a good thing. I'm really really hoping that's not a misdirect.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'm still baffled why they think two canaries is a good thing. I'm really really hoping that's not a misdirect.

There really aren't two Canaries though. One is the evil Black Siren the other is the new Black Canary.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Next season will have flashbacks to the first season.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

X-O posted:

Or they could just rotate flashbacks for the other characters. I wouldn't mind getting some more stories centered on the rest of the cast.

Oh yeah, there'd be nothing stopping character-centric flashback stuff from continuing. I just know a lot of goons have suggested that the increased cast and team this year was moving things towards something in the comics where the Arrow basically has his own team called the Outsiders, or something like that. Rebranding the show to better show that state and that it shifted away from the specific framework of Ollie and his 5 years, as told in flashbacks, would make some sense.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

kjetting posted:

Next season will have flashbacks to the first season.

Will next season be when this joke dies? It's been made every year for the last 5 years.

It must become... something else.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

That sizzle reel has me so hyped for next week. I'd hoped that there'd be a similar one for Flash but it doesn't look like it. :(

The Guest Cast list is going to take up half the episode.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Alternatively, they could just use flashback time to have concurrent stories taking place in the present that eventually meet up at the end of the season.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I kinda miss Thea being Speedy. I liked how her brother's nickname for her became her super hero name.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I miss Roy just because it felt like he was barely Arsenal at all with all the Mirakuru/I killed a cop drama.

I'm rewatching the show right now though and am on Season 2 so it could just be my memory playing tricks on me. He leaves before the end of Season 3 though, right?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zebulon posted:

Just call it Quiver

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zebulon posted:

Oh yeah, there'd be nothing stopping character-centric flashback stuff from continuing. I just know a lot of goons have suggested that the increased cast and team this year was moving things towards something in the comics where the Arrow basically has his own team called the Outsiders, or something like that. Rebranding the show to better show that state and that it shifted away from the specific framework of Ollie and his 5 years, as told in flashbacks, would make some sense.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Why does it say "Batman"? That's totally Arrow right there.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Bruceski posted:

Just call it Quiver

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I don't think Arrow should be rebranded. If they wanted to rebrand it, I think the best new name would be Green Arrow.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think anyone seriously means renaming the show.

I don't think.

Just that thematically they should probably put a period on the five years of Oliver's stories and pain and the book and secrets and island and everything else, and just start a new chapter with "Green Arrow and the Outsiders."

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I think they should rename Legends to The Adventures of Captain Sarah Lance: Time Lesbian

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Her name is Sara without an H :argh:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Well yeah, but this Arrow is really blatant about being Batman with the serial numbers filed off.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, yeah, that's the entire point of the "Outsiders" thing. Is that getting lost in translation somehow?

Batman's side team is the Outsiders.
Oliver is Bootleg Batman.
Oliver's team should be the Outsiders.

I mean, there's an Arrow side character right on that cover. Bonus points if CW ads Black Lightning to the universe. And I can't wait for Metamorpho.

edit: There's actually 2 Arrow side characters on that cover. I missed Firestorm. And well, Barry too, I guess. But 1 Outsider who is an Arrow side character.

Oh poo poo, they went to Markovia too. Was G-Force there?

Also didn't "Dibny" get dropped somewhere in Flash/Arrow?

drat, they reference a lot of comic stuff.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 22, 2017

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
But then Oliver's team should have the numbers filed off, too.

Green Arrow and the Withouters

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Aphrodite posted:

And she's bisexual. :argh:

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Guys! Guys! Next season should have...flashforwards! And then Season 7 should have...flashsideways! This is a totally original idea don't steal thanks.

Also, imagining Batman saying "I've had enough of your two-bit Justice League!" In everything from a Conroy voice to a Bale voice might be the funniest thing I've encountered in a while and totally made my day!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Longbaugh01 posted:

Guys! Guys! Next season should have...flashforwards! And then Season 7 should have...flashsideways! This is a totally original idea don't steal thanks.

Also, imagining Batman saying "I've had enough of your two-bit Justice League!" In everything from a Conroy voice to a Bale voice might be the funniest thing I've encountered in a while and totally made my day!

I'm pretty much thinking of the Auralnauts version, complete with Mortal Kombat music playing at stupidly high volume and bass while he yells it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/manubennett/status/855897703749828608

:haw:

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Most people stop at doubling-down. Manu Bennet is not most people and will quadruple-down.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Aphrodite posted:

I genuinely thank you for this post. I've been watching religiously since the pilot episode, and I can never remember which way she spells it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Guys! Guys! Next season should have...flashforwards! And then Season 7 should have...flashsideways!

JFC hasn't Barry hosed up enough stuff already

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Most people stop at doubling-down. Manu Bennet is not most people and will quadruple-down.

If you have an unlimited budget then doubling every time you lose a bet is ultimately a winning strategy

What I'm saying is that, with Manu, it's not theoretical

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
So they are making a Teen Titans show with Dick Greyson Nightwing heading up the team and it's in the Arrowverse

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

So they are making a Teen Titans show with Dick Greyson Nightwing heading up the team and it's in the Arrowverse

Is this banter or is it real?

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Is this banter or is it real?

It's real. Notice they specifically say Dick Grayson with no codename though. Guessing he doesn't start the show as Nightwing.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

bentacos posted:

It's real. Notice they specifically say Dick Grayson with no codename though. Guessing he doesn't start the show as Nightwing.

Shocked they allowed this since they are planning a Nightwing movie for the cinematic universe.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I mean we literally have a DCTVU Superman and Flash soooo.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Why is Oliver running around in the goalie mask?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

howe_sam posted:

Why is Oliver running around in the goalie mask?

I just clicked the thread by accident and haven't seen tonight's episode yet, but unless something changed he's doing a 'I'm not worthy yet" thing with the costume.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

bentacos posted:

I'm guessing it'll start not too long after he breaks with Bruce and discards the Robin identity. I imagine they'll also ignore one of the naming origins that involves Kryptonian mythology. Here's hoping this is what they were saving Blue Beetle for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Argh I hate Felicity.

Somehow this episode made that even worse.

Argh.

e: I really hope her realization here is going to be "whoops sacrificed my integrity to have it literally blow up in my face" but no, it's going to be more cry-talking and hypocritical speeches. Who is writing this character now? Can we ship them to an ARGUS black site?

• Locked thread