Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Kalli posted:

Why would I do that when I can shoot rockets at people's feet while they grunt hop everywhere?

Fair, I was also all about 20 man insta-gib ffa in Unreal Toruney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

I've never played a call of duty, I like my shooters fast and cartoony.

I have played like, thousands of hours of quake 2 / quake 3 though.

Same. Team Fortress/Overwatch is my jam

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Team Fortress 2 is the greatest FPS shooter of all time.

Lmao if you could rocket jump and then take out some noobs.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

swickles posted:

I don't play a lot of multiplayer videogames. Even on PC, any decent game has a ridiculous learning curve that I have neither the time nor will to learn. Like I used to play TFC competitively, and that had a huge learning curve and was really fun to play in matches. TF2 was fun, but in a dumb way. Overwatch looks like it has a curve that dwarfs TFC. I would love to play, but I know I don't have the time to get to any level of proficiency where I would enjoy it. So instead I just play portal or old GTA games.

I thought Overwatch was much more forgiving than TF2

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, Overwatch feels pretty kind to players of all skill levels.

And has a large enough playerbase that it just won't stick you with the godslayers if you're not near their level.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
TF2 is plagued by cheaters on both casual/ranked and community servers though.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

All of my friends were weird poors who only played ff7 on pc

Oh my god I thought I was the only one! Only we weren't poor, my parents just didn't want to buy me a console. Jokes on them, FF7 and 8 were on PC, and helped me turn into a giant nerd anyway :kamina:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Oh my god I thought I was the only one! Only we weren't poor, my parents just didn't want to buy me a console. Jokes on them, FF7 and 8 were on PC, and helped me turn into a giant nerd anyway :kamina:

I had a friend who couldn't beat the final boss and said gently caress it and opened the video folder

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

I've never played a call of duty, I like my shooters fast and cartoony.

I have played like, thousands of hours of quake 2 / quake 3 though.

My Man.

I was in a clan since 98 with the same people playing Q2CTF -> CS (original) -> BF1942 -> COD1 -> CS:S -> BF2 -> TF2 -> Oh gently caress I have 2 kids and no time for games anymore.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lunch today: Two beef hard shell tacos. With lettuce / tom / cheese / avocado / sour cream / salsa on top.

Looks like poo poo. Taste delicious.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

let he among us who didn't want a sword when they were 14 stand forth and be exposed as a liar

Battleaxe bitch.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The last video game I remember getting really into was Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl. I haven't played the new one at all.

Kirby bitch.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Happy Friday friends

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 21, 2017

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Spoeank posted:

Happy Friday friends

"How come nobody ever puts up now firing signs?"

-My dad, anytime he sees a now hiring sign.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

No Irish Need Imply posted:

The last video game I remember getting really into was Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl. I haven't played the new one at all.

Kirby bitch.

I played Smash Bros for the first time ever last month.

I figured out to Falcon punch and considered myself good to go

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Today's lunch: catfish po-boy with cajun duck fat fries

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
^ That looks amazing!!!

Spoeank posted:

Happy Friday friends

Is Smashburger any good? We moved down to AZ and everyone talked about In 'n Out and we tried it and were pretty underwhelmed by the quality of burger and Smash looks like it would be the same, but never been there. I am a huge fan of Five Guys and Red Robin burgers (Jack in the Box too). Please advise if I should try Smashburger.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
I love In n Out and thought Smashburger was trash.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

weird Asian candy posted:

^ That looks amazing!!!

Is Smashburger any good? We moved down to AZ and everyone talked about In 'n Out and we tried it and were pretty underwhelmed by the quality of burger and Smash looks like it would be the same, but never been there. I am a huge fan of Five Guys and Red Robin burgers (Jack in the Box too). Please advise if I should try Smashburger.

Smashburger sucks but they share seats with L&L Hawaiian BBQ which I was enjoying some delicious food from

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Smashburger sucks but they share seats with L&L Hawaiian BBQ which I was enjoying some delicious food from

Uterine Lineup posted:

I love In n Out and thought Smashburger was trash.

Ok, so sounds like my suspicions are confirmed, thanks!

There is a Hawaiin BBQ by us, I'll have to check it out.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

^ That looks amazing!!!

I think Five Guys and Red Robin are both kind of bad to be honest, so you're probably not going to benefit from my opinion either way. :v:

I liked In & Out, but that was like 1 time 10+ years ago so my memory is super vague.

Smashburger is pretty different from any of the above, I didn't hate it but I don't feel bad that I can't go to one anymore.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In & Out is only good if you eat it immediately, do not do drive-through. The fries made in peanut oil are good for approximately 90 seconds after they come out the fryer and then turn into disgusting limp garbage.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

A Man and his dog posted:

Lunch today: Two beef hard shell tacos. With lettuce / tom / cheese / avocado / sour cream / salsa on top.

Looks like poo poo. Taste delicious.

lunch was great

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Kirby bitch.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Smashburger is decidedly ok.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

sean10mm posted:

I think Five Guys and Red Robin are both kind of bad to be honest, so you're probably not going to benefit from my opinion either way. :v:

I liked In & Out, but that was like 1 time 10+ years ago so my memory is super vague.

Smashburger is pretty different from any of the above, I didn't hate it but I don't feel bad that I can't go to one anymore.

I like Sonic too :shrug:

What's your go to for Burgers then?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Best fast food burger is Wendy's and it isnt close.

My go to burger place is Slaters 50/50. God I love that place

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

a neat cape posted:

Best fast food burger is Wendy's and it isnt close.

My go to burger place is Slaters 50/50. God I love that place

wrong. The best fast food burger is Dick's Drive-In

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Dubious posted:

I'm only counting fast food places that the whole country has access to

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dubious posted:

lunch was great

:lol:

Thanks Em

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Dubious posted:

That's a gay bar tho

Also, I cannot stand Wendy's. I haven't had it in forever, maybe I should try it again, but I was not a fan.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

For a fast food type burger, Fat Mo's. Little Mo (1/4lb) with cheese, mushrooms & jalapenos.

For a real treat Gabby's Burgers & Fries, but they're nowhere near where I work so I rarely go there. :(

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

sean10mm posted:

For a fast food type burger, Fat Mo's. Little Mo (1/4lb) with cheese, mushrooms & jalapenos.

For a real treat Gabby's Burgers & Fries, but they're nowhere near where I work so I rarely go there. :(

Is that a local chain? Never heard of it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
You guys know you don't have to have 1200+ calories at lunch, right?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Whenever i have friends come to San Diego, i take them to Slaters and everyone has always loved it. Their signature burger is 50% ground beef and 50% ground bacon

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Worry about yourself, bruh

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kuma's :cool:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

poo poo, 1200 is the appetizer

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Sonic is dog food.

I've had IN N OUT once and thought it was great on a summer afternoon in Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I had clients in India that would put down a full tali at lunch.

2k calories without batting an eye.

• Locked thread