Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonerstorm
Jul 26, 2009

:|
Hello boys! 2x scope is pretty decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
just lol if you don't play grenades only and run around like some IRA dude at a funeral tossing grenades everywhere

guns are for sissies

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

motion to call blasting nubs with the 686 "unleashing the dragon"

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i call it tuesday

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

afkmacro posted:

I was at half health and I couldn't use any healing items, it just wouldn't loving work

I think dropping your weapons might fix that bug.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

i call it tuesday

It's Friday

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Weird it's taking forever to log in now and when I finally matched it put me in a game with 20 people. Same size map and timers, just a handful of players on a giant map.

Boo.

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?

rap music posted:

motion to call blasting nubs with the 686 "unleashing the dragon"

I don't know what it's called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

prove it

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Had a pretty good game yesterday

https://twitter.com/BIGHONKINBURGER/status/855333511615598593

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

This is quite literally the best thing I've seen from this game. It has it all.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
That's loving incredible.

Also :aslol: at the people crying for MY REALISM after the changes to the frying pan http://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/11707-lets-talk-about-the-frying-pan-for-a-second/

I sincerely hope they toe the line they've got going right now of light simulation and don't go whole hog into DayZ territory.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Canuckistan posted:

Plot Twist - PlayerUnknown is actually Rocket. Welcome to DayZ 2.0 where finding a can of beans is a feat.
It's not finding the beans that's the feat, it's finding the can opener.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

quote:

Comedy could have its place in this game though. I would love to run over some chickens and hear them clucking as I did so or hit a sheep and see it roll over the hood of my car

the average player is really retarded, pu please never read your forums tia

VulgarandStupid posted:

It's not finding the beans that's the feat, it's finding the can opener.

lol remember when that was introduced and people posted like 20 vids of people opening cans in a minute by rubbing it against the ground

mbt fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 21, 2017

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

10/10

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
We get it Studio; the loot's terrible. You don't have to go on making videos about it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I just died to someone who died in the kill zone, but like, after they died. I guess they fired their last shot, died, and THEN the server had me killed.

But hey I'm happy with 6th place and 5 kills.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Yodzilla posted:

I just died to someone who died in the kill zone, but like, after they died. I guess they fired their last shot, died, and THEN the server had me killed.

But hey I'm happy with 6th place and 5 kills.

This game is projectile weapons so you could fire off a shot, die and then have the bullet land in someone's dome.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I don't like backpacks either. There's no real interesting tradeoff with using them or any alternatives. It's just annoying to not have the inventory space.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Actually the level 3 makes your model pretty huge. I usually Stick to a level 2

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
You should start with a level 1 backpack imo. You can't pick up anything else til you find it anyway so it would remove backtracking and stuff

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

So should I reconnect or reconnect?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Ruggan posted:

I don't like backpacks either. There's no real interesting tradeoff with using them or any alternatives. It's just annoying to not have the inventory space.

I honestly wouldn't mind some sort of trade-offs like the more poo poo you're carrying the louder you are.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Ruggan posted:

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Actually the level 3 makes your model pretty huge. I usually Stick to a level 2

I'm Arma 3 BR, we'd often ditch our backpacks near the end of the game to gain that low profile, especially if we knew we'd have to go prone in a field. Of course, you will be giving up carrying capacity in the end, and the vests don't hold a lot in this game.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Does the backpacks actually add to the size of your hit boxes, does anyone know?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Bohemian Nights posted:

Does the backpacks actually add to the size of your hit boxes, does anyone know?

Probably not, if you've seen the cheating videos, I don't think they have any color to them.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'm Arma 3 BR, we'd often ditch our backpacks near the end of the game to gain that low profile, especially if we knew we'd have to go prone in a field. Of course, you will be giving up carrying capacity in the end, and the vests don't hold a lot in this game.

Wait, do vests have carrying capacity?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

wa27 posted:

Wait, do vests have carrying capacity?

yeah

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Anyone have advice on sound? I want it up loud enough to hear footsteps, but not loud enough to get my eardrums blown out when I get unexpectedly shot.

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

Yodzilla posted:

I honestly wouldn't mind some sort of trade-offs like the more poo poo you're carrying the louder you are.

I'd personally rather have it so the less stuff you are carrying the faster you go. Like, I'd love to be super speedy in my tighty whities and a pistol/melee. Likewise I wouldn't mind being a bit slower while max looted/kitted out to the point of absurdity.

It's probably my personal mod goal if the tools/lua or whatever comes out.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

succ posted:

Anyone have advice on sound? I want it up loud enough to hear footsteps, but not loud enough to get my eardrums blown out when I get unexpectedly shot.

i can't find a balance. i want to hear footsteps but that will inevitably lead to bleeding ears/heart attack when I get shot at. why is the goddamn damage grunt so loving loud

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Game really needs a "Play Again" button on death.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

There's been a lot of talk about whether or not the Motorcycles and Vectors are any good. Well, I think I can confirm that they are, in fact, good.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/137170640

Fuck My Ass
Mar 24, 2010
College Slice
No loot tables are kinda lovely, it seems they couldn't find a middle ground between way too much poo poo getting spawned and not enough.

They took the mil base barracks which use to spawn like 10+ rifles in each building and now maybe you'll find 1 if you're lucky. It feels butchered.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Take the choked 686 into thy hands and become a GOD

Checking hills is for yellow bellies

https://gfycat.com/BlaringRewardingArmadillo

Check hills with shotguns

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So I passed some dude in a jeep with my motorcycle, slowed down beside him, asked if he wanted to race, sped off infront, did a sweet jump off a hill, landed on my head and died.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

I'm not sure what's more ridiculous : you thinking it was better to swap than fire one more shot and reload, or the fact that somehow you were loving right.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Can anyone draw me a MS paint to help illustrate how the loot sucks now

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

causticBeet posted:

Can anyone draw me a MS paint to help illustrate how the loot sucks now

Sounds like a player skill issue imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I have no idea how to shoot people 4x - 8x ... I aim at them and it misses, aim forward above misses...

• Locked thread