Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

That's not real. Please tell me that's not real. Also, link please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

TL;DR "CIG: your tech-demo is currently crap, stop pushing for new money cos I'd like to pretend you don't it"

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

BlancoNino posted:

I'm the mixed Meters/Feet measurements on the same loving page.

Heh, that explains why all their physics is hosed. They've probably mixed up pounds and kilograms too ;)

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

Amazing how close OP is to the true answer, but he just... can't... quite.... get.... there. The people at CIG, for all of their flaws, aren't stupid. CIG knew this backlash was a big possibility. CIG just desperately needed the money. These backers are so close to the truth....

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

So I just popped in to see how many days CIG has managed to go on the "XX days since CIG hosed up" chart and... :doh:

Oh my dear god, would you just look at all that fuckery. :classiclol:

Well, guess the chart needs resetting back to "0 Days since CIG hosed up" then.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

quote:

Then somebody has to explain to them why the PU is laggy. Someone has to explain why it's difficult to get into the game with a large group. Someone has to explain that all these things will be fixed in wonder patch 3.0.

someone is going to be let down

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Remember when everything was supposed to be fixed in 2.0, then 2.1, then 2.2 and so on until we arrived at the current wasteland that is 2.6 and everything's still broken as hell?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

D_Smart posted:

No, it's not. I just wrote about it. Now waiting for in-house counsel, MoMa :grin:

I sincerely hope that they are forced to actually make it free to enter (or have to get rid of it completely, lol) so that we can get 5,000 goons to make accounts and get a goon a free ride to the "con".

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

So... what happened with those rolling CIG layoffs?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

D1E posted:

So... what happened with those rolling CIG layoffs?

Two weeks.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Sabreseven posted:

So I just popped in to see how many days CIG has managed to go on the "XX days since CIG hosed up" chart and... :doh:

Oh my dear god, would you just look at all that fuckery. :classiclol:

Well, guess the chart needs resetting back to "0 Days since CIG hosed up" then.

A counter should be permanent, it's the right thing to do :dance:

Star Citizen: Let them loving finish! (0 days since CIG hosed up)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

It's not looking good guys. How long until comments and likes are turned off? lol

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.
I got to say, it is rather interesting to see all of the new jobs posted in the last week or so: https://cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs.

New postings include over half a dozen artist positions as well as Producer and rear end't Producer jobs in LA. Any guesses if this is due to folks quitting or because CIG is ramping up its employee numbers to try and meet their new schedule?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Theres a dude in there who thinks the PU is a testbed still and not the actual game.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MinorInconvenience posted:

I got to say, it is rather interesting to see all of the new jobs posted in the last week or so: https://cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs.

New postings include over half a dozen artist positions as well as Producer and rear end't Producer jobs in LA. Any guesses if this is due to folks quitting or because CIG is ramping up its employee numbers to try and meet their new schedule?

What does your heart tell you?

ps: They lost an entire content team of 20+ people back in Dec/Jan.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GhandiSardiner/status/855507011278163968

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

CIG doesn't have a manpower problem.

1. Their management is poo poo. But they aren't gonna fire themselves

2. They hired a ton of people who literally can't do things. Its not that there arent enough people, its that they don't have the expertise to get anything done. This is because you pay below average, you get the fuckups and new college kids.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
#IStandWithSanrio

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I can't find your comment (I want to upvote it to the top).

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Well that's one way to get their attention I guess lol :D

TheAgent posted:

#IStandWithSanrio

:D

CIG streaming a "how they do schedules"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN1Ht0UDXf4

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 21, 2017

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Troll sexy actress! (from the Indian men thread in GBS)

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

Quavers posted:

TL;DR "CIG: your tech-demo is currently crap, stop pushing for new money cos I'd like to pretend you don't it"

Best part:

"People getting a referral want a game now, not in one, two, or even three years from now"

This is light years ahead of where shitizens were 6 months ago. 6 months ago 3.0 was dropping in December 2016, Netcode would make the game practically finished and better than anything else on the market. SQ42 would be out in 2017 and millions of new commandos would populate the verse.

Fast forward 6 months. The game is now clearly 2-3 years out. You'd think that would be mentally crushing for these folks.

Achamp fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 21, 2017

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

you shouldve included a referral code in the comment

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

It's not looking good guys. How long until comments and likes are turned off? lol

I thought Tyler was the one with a baseball cap and Hawaiian shirt permanantly grafted to his body

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

In what magical world would Derek ever not comment on the referral contest fiasco?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

D_Smart posted:

That's not real. Please tell me that's not real. Also, link please.

You can image search on your own. That probably shows up unidentified just because it's basically 0-day.

It's still Hello Kitty, though.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sabreseven posted:

CIG streaming a "how they do schedules"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN1Ht0UDXf4
oh AI that should be like 7.5 days until its done

item 2.0 is totally able to be done in a few days, lets say 3

oh facial animations, just a day or two

what in the ever loving gently caress

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Improvements(tm)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

TheAgent posted:

I found it while looking for that mess of a referal thingy, so I could belly laugh...

Then I saw them scheduling, the resulting belly laugh nearly loving killed me :D I can't work out if they are being serious or just making something poo poo up on the spot to have a template, pretty sure they are being serious. :eyepop:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheAgent posted:

I hope they'll do this every week :allears:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Quavers posted:

The referral contest has caused the community to hit the denial stage hard.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
oh jeez AI is pretty hard, thats going to be at least 20 days until its done! and another 20 on top of that for pathing.

doesn't that alone already overshoot their late june release window? wtf

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Improvements(tm)

"We are an impossibility in an impossible universe"

CIG are impossibly bad, the verse is impossible for them

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sappo569 posted:

I thought Tyler was the one with a baseball cap and Hawaiian shirt permanantly grafted to his body

There's two CMs called Tyler :v:

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Sappo569 posted:

They recently doubled the amount of Community Managers named Tyler who were QA Analysts in Austin.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Amazing how close OP is to the true answer, but he just... can't... quite.... get.... there. The people at CIG, for all of their flaws, aren't stupid. CIG knew this backlash was a big possibility. CIG just desperately needed the money. These backers are so close to the truth....

They just released the 3.0 schedule, closed the classic forums, and started the referral contest. Also, somebody posted that downvotes on the reddit/starcitizen forum on any negative posts seem like a social media management company may be involved.

I can't wait for that ELE to be real Derek.

I'll truly miss all of you when it's done, though.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Improvements(tm)

quote:

Your last presence setting will now be persisted across tabs/sessions
Not "remembered" or "saved" or anything; "persisted"

quote:

Improvements(tm) to mobile keyboard handling of auto-orrect and auto-suggest
I guess "auto-correct" isn't something that gets corrected

quote:

Fixed a bug where sometimes soft-deleting a thread would leave the thread reference in listings
It's very important that Spectrum is able to delete threads properly

quote:

Invisible presence status will now correctly display as offline
Hahaha

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
fyi if I actually planned poo poo out like this in my job deadlines and timetables would be an absolute mess. they aren't consulting any dept heads or actual employees about the timeline, sean tracy is literally making up stuff from the top of his head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah, hold on, just let me get 2,942 sign ups, you loving donkeys.