Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanisher

deep in my heart I want you to be a tough good guy

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

I know it's a way off but I'm going to be Batman for Halloween...Thank you Vanisher, I really do dig it and it's very good.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Professor Shark

Manifisto posted:

okay, here's a mockup - don't worry about the filesize for now, that can be crunched down somewhat

Instead of doing the sliding-from-the-right, could you just have them instantly switch and last a second or two longer? I also would like to drop the girly magazine, just beer and Cardboard.

Manifisto

Professor Shark posted:

Instead of doing the sliding-from-the-right, could you just have them instantly switch and last a second or two longer? I also would like to drop the girly magazine, just beer and Cardboard.

aw man, I thought the girlie mag was a fun touch! but hey it's your av. how's this?

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

Aw i liked the sliding but oh well it's still good

i am he

how do i see my past avs again?

i am he

i want my smiling one back

i am he

oh god the site is gone.

Manifisto

i am he posted:

how do i see my past avs again?

sometimes you can just decrement the number in the gif url

here's what I get with yours

i am he

Manifisto posted:

sometimes you can just decrement the number in the gif url

here's what I get with yours

thanks a bunch!

Matoi Ryuko

Who's I am he

alnilam

Who am i? Who is he?

alnilam

Where am i....

cda

by Hand Knit

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Who's I am he

i am he is a classic BYOB poster, bub

Matoi Ryuko

cda posted:

i am he is a classic BYOB poster, bub

Oh okay haha

posting smiling
heh

cda

by Hand Knit

Ehehehe

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Who's I am he

:chloe:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Impkins Patootie

how do i make this my av, i think its too big but i see others with oversized sigs so their must be a trick or something? idk i sux with the computers im sry

Manifisto

King of the Beach posted:

how do i make this my av, i think its too big but i see others with oversized sigs so their must be a trick or something? idk i sux with the computers im sry

yes it is too big, it is 208 x 270 and needs to be 180 x 180

the easiest thing is to just shrink and crop it to fit that size, like so:

if you want bigger, you could potentially try to sweet-talk an admin into letting you have an oversize av although I'm not sure who you'd have to make rice krispie treats for, maybe fluffie knows

alternatively there is a way to have an avatar 180 pixels wide but up to 360 pixels high, you would need to purchase two avatars to do this, we can give you the deets if you want to go this route

ty nesamdoom!

Snowy

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Manifisto posted:

we can give you the deets if you want to go this route

I'd love to know how that works

Manifisto

Snowy posted:

I'd love to know how that works

so basically you start with your av in two pieces of acceptable size, that means 180x180 or less, that join seamlessly when vertically stacked - our tech wizards are standing by to assist with this process if you'd like help

you buy the bottom image as an av first. this will allow you to right click on the image and get the url of the image on sa's servers.

then you buy the top image as an av, and in the custom title field you put the url of the bottom half, in regular old bbcode img tags - make sure there's nothing preceding the img tags, but you can put stuff afterwards if you want (I believe) such as gangtags community badges, obviously on new lines

as always make sure to preview your av before buying to make sure things look right

lastly, remember that in byob our images spin, which will make your two-part avatar look extra cool as time goes by

ty nesamdoom!

Snowy

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Manifisto posted:

really helpful information

this place is great, thank you!

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

so basically you start with your av in two pieces of acceptable size, that means 180x180 or less, that join seamlessly when vertically stacked - our tech wizards are standing by to assist with this process if you'd like help

you buy the bottom image as an av first. this will allow you to right click on the image and get the url of the image on sa's servers.

then you buy the top image as an av, and in the custom title field you put the url of the bottom half, in regular old bbcode img tags - make sure there's nothing preceding the img tags, but you can put stuff afterwards if you want (I believe) such as gangtags community badges, obviously on new lines

as always make sure to preview your av before buying to make sure things look right

lastly, remember that in byob our images spin, which will make your two-part avatar look extra cool as time goes by

Be aware that iirc mods in some of the ~~grey forums~~ don't always look kindly on double-tall avs

Robot Made of Meat

Also, they will spin independently in BYOB, I'm thinking.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Professor Shark

Manifisto posted:

aw man, I thought the girlie mag was a fun touch! but hey it's your av. how's this?

Could you drop the West Coast IPA and make everything stay a second longer? The tall can doesn't really fit in with the squatter, regular cans now that I see it

vanisher

(Commentator voice from documentary)

It would be Manifistos greatest challenge and yet his smallest work, and ultimately his undoing.

(Snap to vanisher)

"Yeah man, I knew him before the shark av and he was a totally different person. Really nice guy. But you know he came from a different simpler 150x150 pixel time."

vanisher

Manifisto

lol

vanisher beat me to it while I was in kitty jail, thx dude

I tried to find a shortboy west coast IPA and had no luck. I actually "fattened" the can somewhat so it was less noticeable, but yeah it's still slightly off from the other ones, so if it bothers you off with its head. I don't think it's that noticeable if you're not looking for it.

ty nesamdoom!

FluffieDuckie

vanisher posted:

(Commentator voice from documentary)

It would be Manifistos greatest challenge and yet his smallest work, and ultimately his undoing.

(Snap to vanisher)

"Yeah man, I knew him before the shark av and he was a totally different person. Really nice guy. But you know he came from a different simpler 150x150 pixel time."

your work on this av has been commendable

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Professor Shark

Lol that is great

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
you're really talented posting smiling, many random goons have praised the av you made for me

----------------

Impkins Patootie

Hogge Wild posted:

you're really talented posting smiling, many random goons have praised the av you made for me

ya m8 it's wicked good werk on the AV

posting smiling
thanks. i love the craft.

alnilam

posting smiling posted:

thanks. i love the craft.

yeah it's a dece movie

posting smiling

alnilam posted:

yeah it's a dece movie

one could say that every gif is a movie.

Scaly Haylie

Dusting off some old av material, hopefully someone can put it to use

They're all by some Japanese artist named Garuti

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
more of that goblin

----------------

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

Pomp fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 7, 2017

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Carsons Ghost

hello i would like a new avatar please

i mean I don't necesarluly watn one but people keep complaining aobut their epilepsy and I fogure

and its not like dogaroo ever really talked to me although he was hella cool

and I don't post enough anywhere to have any kind of presence

but i guess i would like a new avetar

thank you