Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Doc Morbid posted:

It is, and the scene you get at the end of it is actually really nice. Shame about the million hours of busywork required to get there.
TBH I haven't laughed that hard at something in ME since the party in Citadel choosing the "everyone get drunk" option. It's good.

Kurieg posted:

It's also worth noting that "Liam has an idea that spirals wildly out of control into multiple diplomatic incidents" is perfectly in line with his character.
True. I'm also disappointed you didn't get the option to use Jaal's stuff and have people get minorly electrocuted because that sounded like a terrible idea but my goofy Sara was all like "gently caress yeah that sounds awesome!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

SubponticatePoster posted:

TBH I haven't laughed that hard at something in ME since the party in Citadel choosing the "everyone get drunk" option. It's good.

Yup. sadly none of the crew seems to realize the joke.

The delivery on "Wait. Do you even have a spleen?" "OH NO IT'S WORSE THAN I THOUGHT!" was fantastic."

ratchild13
Apr 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I felt ME:A was quite similar to DA:I, the main Andromeda thread recommends ignoring the minor tasks and it seems to flow a bit better with that advice. I must have missed a task or trigger on the movie night, i got the vids but it never progressed from there. I still enjoyed it and have 80 hours in it, headshottin kett sure didn't get boring.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

ratchild13 posted:

Yeah, I felt ME:A was quite similar to DA:I, the main Andromeda thread recommends ignoring the minor tasks and it seems to flow a bit better with that advice. I must have missed a task or trigger on the movie night, i got the vids but it never progressed from there. I still enjoyed it and have 80 hours in it, headshottin kett sure didn't get boring.

The movie night quest triggers seem to revolve around exhausting dialog. Unlike in the previous mass effects, your companions won't just comment on the most recent thing that happened, they'll store up all the dialog that you haven't heard from them, and as long as they've got something to say you won't get the quest stuff. So talk to them, hearing a thing, saying you have to leave, then talking to them again until you hear something new, or they start repeating themselves.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Kurieg posted:

The movie night quest triggers seem to revolve around exhausting dialog. Unlike in the previous mass effects, your companions won't just comment on the most recent thing that happened, they'll store up all the dialog that you haven't heard from them, and as long as they've got something to say you won't get the quest stuff. So talk to them, hearing a thing, saying you have to leave, then talking to them again until you hear something new, or they start repeating themselves.

They should have given this some sort of visual cue. I say steadily inflating heads proportionate to the the amount of backlogged dialog they have.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

tribbledirigible posted:

They should have given this some sort of visual cue. I say steadily inflating heads proportionate to the the amount of backlogged dialog they have.

That would make a great show at AGDQ.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Hah I bet you thought you'd make me cry using I will Remember You. Little did you know I only do that for Hold On.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Scaramouche posted:

Hah I bet you thought you'd make me cry using I will Remember You. Little did you know I only do that for Hold On.
Next time I'm throwing in Angel with shots of kittens at the pound. :colbert:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Next Update's Ingredients:
Tequila
Creme de Violette (gotta use this stuff up somehow)
Bergamot Juice - if you can't find Bergamot use blood orange
Prosecco

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Next time I'm throwing in Angel with shots of kittens at the pound. :colbert:

Whoa, no need to bring a Cain to a knife fight.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

tribbledirigible posted:

Whoa, no need to bring a Cain to a knife fight.
If it wasn't for the ammo limitations I'd bring a Cain to every fight :dukedog:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

You only have enough ammo to fire it once a mission, twice if you find another 50 ammo for it?

Malah
May 18, 2015

ME:A is a delight and everyone should give it a try. (might've said this before, but it warrants repetition) However, if you haven't already taken the plunge, you may as well wait to pay up until they patch up some of the more egregious issues.

If you've not kept up with the internet hate mill, the big criticisms are facial animations and insufficient Bioware Gay. (and spotty VO, but I doubt they'll pay up to fix that)

Next Update's Ingredients:
Tequila
Creme de Violette (gotta use this stuff up somehow)
Bergamot Juice - if you can't find Bergamot use blood orange
Prosecco
Oh, dear.

Modern Tuchanka is what happens when there aren't ammo limitations on the Cain. Please nuke responsibly. :pcgaming:

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Malah posted:

Modern Tuchanka is what happens when there aren't ammo limitations on the Cain. Please nuke responsibly. :pcgaming:
Nah, the description of the Cain mentions that there's not a single radioactive component to the payload, so fire away!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

SugarAddict posted:

You only have enough ammo to fire it once a mission, twice if you find another 50 ammo for it?

With all of the dlc, and making the paragon choice on Zaeed's loyalty mission, you can get up to 205% heavy weapon capacity, even without armor. Also the game only checks to see if the Cain has charged up before firing. You can double tap it.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I started playing Vanguard in multiplayer and GODDAMN is it smooth. They took the ABC formula and perfected it, holy poo poo.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

MA-Horus posted:

I started playing Vanguard in multiplayer and GODDAMN is it smooth. They took the ABC formula and perfected it, holy poo poo.
ME3 or MEA? MEA has added the feature of being able to jump, hover, and then charge into something's face. There's still a lag/connection issue with MEA though, I BSOD frequently when playing :( ME3 doesn't have jumping but it does have Jennifer Hale screaming the entire time so it sorta makes up for it.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

ME3 or MEA? MEA has added the feature of being able to jump, hover, and then charge into something's face. There's still a lag/connection issue with MEA though, I BSOD frequently when playing :( ME3 doesn't have jumping but it does have Jennifer Hale screaming the entire time so it sorta makes up for it.

There's screaming in MEA, you hang out in the thread and know exactly what I am talking about :v:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

MEA.

Charge nova shotgun punch jetpack charge nova shotgun punch jetpack....

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Identify Friend or F- oh gently caress

The Drink
Dereliction of Duty
1 1/2 oz teqila
1/2 oz creme de violette
1/2 oz bergamot (or blood orange) juice
2 1/2 oz prosecco

Add all ingredients to a shaker full of ice. Shake well and strain into glass. Make sure your seal is tight because of the carbonation.

The Drinking Game
Drink every time we get swarmed by husks. I'm sorry. Not really. If I have to suffer so should you.

The Episode
We finally head off to grab the IFF we heard about around 25 episodes ago. We had stuff to do, okay? This IFF is inside a "dead" reaper. You may remember TIM talking about the Great Rift Valley on the planet Klendagon, and how it was actually created by a massive fuckoff gun. This was what it was shooting at. If they'd remembered this tiny huge detail we could have had a better thing going on in 3 than the poo poo we ended up with. Here's something that actually kills reapers. Alas.

Upon arrival there's also a Geth ship alongside. Surprisingly once we get in it doesn't look like Geth are responsible for the science team dropping contact. Or not, what the gently caress else would you expect when you stick a bunch of people inside something that's been known to cause indoctrination just by having chunks of it around? Another brilliant Cerberus operation. The entire group got turned into husks. It must have been a big project because we kill about a bajillion of the fuckers. If you're doing this on insanity you'd want to bring maybe Miranda or Garrus, someone with overload to strip shields and then either Jack or Samara to pull/shockwave what's left.

We also discover that we're not the only non-reaperized thing running around the ship. Checking ahead with the sniper rifle reveals a really neat detail that probably got missed by a whole bunch of people. Then my game fucks up because I got stuck in the floor or some poo poo. Once we get through the unnecessarily-locked door we come face to face with a funny looking Geth who not only helps us, but addresses us by name. Previously all Geth just made digital fart noises. Then a long stretch of combat, another fine use for the Cain, and we collect some scrap.

Now I pointed out in the video you can give the Geth to Cerberus, which is a colossally stupid idea for reasons you'll soon see. You do get a cash reward, but at this point in the game we don't need it. I guess maybe some people did this mission right away and thought the spacebux were more important. Morons. They also got another nasty surprise for doing it early on. This mission is very sneaky, in that once you do it an invisible timer starts. Upon completion you only get a short window before ~*something*~ happens. If you wanted you could just keep on keepin' on, recruiting squadmates and doing stupid sidequests or DLC. But after that thing happens, you need to hit the endgame within a couple of missions or ~*something else*~ will happen during the last story mission. And it ain't pretty. It's kind of poo poo because in pretty much every ME game there's this narrative sense of urgency while mechanically it means fuckall and you can go shopping on Omega or bang the Consort or do anything without it having a story impact. But surprise! Not this time! If you want a "perfect" run you have to metagame. I guess one advantage to getting this later on PS3 is that I knew about the thing in general terms - I didn't know what the bad thing was, but knew I should save this mission until I was pretty much done. I'm sure there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth upon release.

We're in the chute now folks, 2 more missions and then it's endgame. Buckle in.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
So, what was on the laptop that you missed?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

The Episode
If you're doing this on insanity you'd want to bring maybe Miranda or Garrus, someone with overload to strip shields and then either Jack or Samara to pull/shockwave what's left.

Are you sure? I think you mean the anti-armor powers like Incinerate, Warp, and Reave. I remember Mordin being really useful during my Insanity runs.

Also those doors are behind minigames so you can't just sprint through the section ignoring the enemies. I know it's possible to bypass that first Scion fight if you are fast/lucky enough with the door.

Also also endgame hype :dance:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

so wait, you're saying the devs wanted you to suffer through those loving Scion and Praetorian fights? jesus gently caress

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

i forgot how sketchy this scenario was, finding a lone geth aboard a reaper ship recalling the supposed geth-reaper alliance, if all you had was me1 to go on

they did a decent job of piquing your curiosity re: legion

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

SugarAddict posted:

So, what was on the laptop that you missed?
Just some credits I think.

monster on a stick posted:

Are you sure? I think you mean the anti-armor powers like Incinerate, Warp, and Reave. I remember Mordin being really useful during my Insanity runs.

Also those doors are behind minigames so you can't just sprint through the section ignoring the enemies. I know it's possible to bypass that first Scion fight if you are fast/lucky enough with the door.

Also also endgame hype :dance:
I thought basic husks were shielded, not armored but tbh it's been a long time since I've done an insanity run in 2.

Aces High posted:

so wait, you're saying the devs wanted you to suffer through those loving Scion and Praetorian fights? jesus gently caress
Still better than hacking doors.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I actually really liked this mission, and thought it was pretty creepy. The fights with the Scions loving suck, but if you take the time to find all the audiologs it has great atmosphere.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Also, Jeremy, stop saluting. Nobody gives a poo poo.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I actually kind of like husk waves because powers like Shockwave or Singularity actually show what they can do in ME2. But as soon as you reach the difficulty where they get armor then they just turn into,scenarios where you inch forward until you reach the trigger then turn around and run as far back as you can to get away from the scions and funnel the husks into a hallway.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, Insanity giving protection to Husks and Abominations(do aboms exist in this game or was that 3 only?) is one of the reasons I hate the party biotics in this game. Anything that physics a Husk off it's feet kills it. Lift, Push, shockwave, etc, giving most of your non-samara/miranda biotics a mission that they're good at. When everything has shields then you're back to using Garrus and Miranda out of sheer utility.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Kurieg posted:

Yeah, Insanity giving protection to Husks and Abominations(do aboms exist in this game or was that 3 only?) is one of the reasons I hate the party biotics in this game. Anything that physics a Husk off it's feet kills it. Lift, Push, shockwave, etc, giving most of your non-samara/miranda biotics a mission that they're good at. When everything has shields then you're back to using Garrus and Miranda out of sheer utility.
A-bombs do exist in 2, we killed quite a few of 'em during this mission - they still explode but not at ME3 :stare: levels.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Wait did I miss picking up our quarian waifu and her loyalty mission?

Or are we going for the most lol-worthy death for her in the endgame?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

No, her loyalty mission is next. If you save her mission for last it will give you just enough time to do it and legions before the plot realizes it.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

That's clever. I like it.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

MA-Horus posted:

Nobody's dyin' on my watch, pal. We want the best party at our apartment.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So you're going to wake up with Javik then.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Kibayasu posted:

So you're going to wake up with Javik then.

what :psyduck: why would you NOT

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Aces High posted:

what :psyduck: why would you NOT

That's my point!

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Once I did a rocks fall everyone possible dies run to see what the party :toot: would be like and it was certainly interesting. The good part is that you can see how a lot of the conversations work even if the minimum number of people are alive - Joker and EDI are still talking smack about Cerberus even if Jacob/Miranda aren't there, Liara and James still do their biotics vs. muscle conversation, etc. The bad part is that the party is pretty depressing because even though they don't mention the lost, it's a party with only a few people showing up instead of everyone sans the mandatory deaths and a few characters who can't make it for reasons, and most of the great gags don't show up. It's one of those things that's interesting to see from a game design perspective but not very fun.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I actually tend to do the IFF with Grunt and Thane. Grunt's there to tank damage and Thane can snipe, but both of them have powers (Concussive Shot and Throw) are are insta-kills on Husks and Abominations. Thane's ammo power is also deadly for those enemies, while for Scions and the like, I usually spec Grunt's ammo power to make him an anti-armor machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I don't even remember anymore are there biotic combos in ME2?

• Locked thread