Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Jesus gently caress what are you all talking about? :psyduck:

Comic book continuity is loving wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Cuckoos are a really sad group, and you know eventually it will be down to just one of them left.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

In Endsong also, Quentin convinces the Phoenix to resurrect the dead Cuckoo he was in love with. She's so skeeved out that it's him who saved her that she just goes "eww" and almost immediately chooses to die again and the other cuckoos all go "yeah, that's probably how I'd react too"

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Mover posted:

In Endsong also, Quentin convinces the Phoenix to resurrect the dead Cuckoo he was in love with. She's so skeeved out that it's him who saved her that she just goes "eww" and almost immediately chooses to die again and the other cuckoos all go "yeah, that's probably how I'd react too"

Yeah that was pretty funny (X-Men: Phoenix Endsong #5)

Edmund Lava fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 21, 2017

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"Sweet five identical female characters," says Greg Land as he pumps his fists and schedules an early afternoon exit from work.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Edmund Lava posted:

Yeah that was pretty funny (X-Men: Phoenix Endsong #5)

Holy poo poo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That's loving hilarious.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

zoux posted:

"Sweet five identical female characters," says Greg Land as he pumps his fists and schedules an early afternoon exit from work.

You could replace the Cuckoos on that page with Hope, Pixie, Husk, and Jubilee. The only difference would be hair colours and Land would be home by 2:30.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was Greg Pak on the Phoenix minis, even saddled with Land I knew he was gonna be a great writer.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FWIW, the Cuckoos being part of Weapon Plus was revealed in the Here Comes Tomorrow arc of New X-Men.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Is there a mutant who hasn't been involved in a Weapon program at this point?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kwyndig posted:

Gold Balls?

Edit: I just remembered that Fugitive Cyclops' X-team was based in a former Weapon Plus base, so never mind.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

zoux posted:

The Cuckoos are a really sad group, and you know eventually it will be down to just one of them left.

Good.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kwyndig posted:

Nightcrawler was involved in that Father Ted plot to put a demon on the seat of Peter.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

zoux posted:

They're minor characters who've never managed to accumulate a significant fan base. Best case they just quit showing up after a while and everyone forgets they were ever a thing. Worst case some writer kills them all off to pump up his new big bad or something and they stay dead forever.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

zoux posted:

Jean Grey #2 variant

This has reminded me how much I enjoyed having Namor hang out with the X-Men.

The gently caress is he up to? The only thing I remember hearing about is him being decapitated, and then subsequently recapitated.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Idk who Quentin quire is but this page makes me think he's basically the comic equivalent of a Reddit niceguy with godlike powers.

I wonder if any comic book goober ever had any sort of Epiphany when reading that or if that's too.much to hope for.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cabbit posted:

This has reminded me how much I enjoyed having Namor hang out with the X-Men.

The gently caress is he up to? The only thing I remember hearing about is him being decapitated, and then subsequently recapitated.

Imperius Sex'ing Emma from what I recall.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Toshimo posted:

Idk who Quentin quire is but this page makes me think he's basically the comic equivalent of a Reddit niceguy with godlike powers.

Quentin Quire is the kid who wears a "Magneto Was Right" shirt around Xavier's. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Quentin Quire is the kid who wears a "Magneto Was Right" shirt around Xavier's. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Holy poo poo

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Toshimo posted:

I wonder if any comic book goober ever had any sort of Epiphany when reading that or if that's too.much to hope for.

Isn't he the Hulk now?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Quire is the best X creation of the last 20 years.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's got a good character arc throughout the Wolverine/Spiderman and the X-men stuff as an immature brat who slowly grows up. Before that I guess he was basically a wannabe mutant terrorist?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

purple death ray posted:

Isn't he the Hulk now?

No, that's Amadeus Cho who's the Hulk now.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Evil Mastermind posted:

No, that's Amadeus Cho who's the Hulk now.

Ah yeah. One of those nerds.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Toshimo posted:

Not even close. He's a huge British punk wannabe that forms a group of misfits to be dicks to everyone. He's the bad kid at school in Morrison's New X-men.

It's interesting how many enduring new characters came from that run. I'd say, as a medium grade X-men fan, that it's the run that most set the groundwork for where the X-books are now. Pretty much if you want to get into modern X-men, start with Morrison's stuff.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kalli posted:

He's got a good character arc throughout the Wolverine/Spiderman and the X-men stuff as an immature brat who slowly grows up. Before that I guess he was basically a wannabe mutant terrorist?

So he was a teenager.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Quire is the best X creation of the last 20 years.

I think you mean rockslide.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

gently caress yeah he means Rockslide.

X:Men: Serve and Protect #1

:black101:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Evil Mastermind posted:

gently caress yeah he means Rockslide.

X:Men: Serve and Protect #1

:black101:

Everything I hear about Rockslide seems to point to this, yes :allears:

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Section Z posted:

Everything I hear about Rockslide seems to point to this, yes :allears:

(Uncanny X-Men 542, says the source page)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Toshimo posted:

Holy poo poo

He's had a pretty interesting character arc over his existence. I recommend reading Wolverine and the X-men if you want to see the best parts of it.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
How many signatures are we going to need in order to make Rockslide an official member of the Avengers?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

I'm sure this has been posted in this thread already but

Amazing X-Men #16

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Top 3 X-characters of the last 20 years in order:
1) Rockslide
2) Quentin Quire
3) Fantomex

And I really like Fantomex

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Does Gabby count as an X-Person?

All New Wolverine #3

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Ygolonac posted:

(Uncanny X-Men 542, says the source page)

In my mind he sounds exactly like mr torgue from borderlands. :allears:

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Kalli posted:

He wasn't part of Spider-Man and the X-Men (you might be thinking of Hellion,) but yeah, his arc in WatXM was pretty clearly pushing him toward heroism in a refreshingly organic way. I've only read the volumes before AvX, but it seemed to me like he was trying really hard to be his usual bratty self while slowly coming to terms with the fact that he's really not the villain he wanted people to think he is.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh poo poo, I did mean Rockslide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Rockslide and Anole were the best.

X-men: Serve & Protect