Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
This banner is surprisingly tempting. The Shantotto relics would ease the lack of magic SBs, Prishe burst would be a first Monk SB and Lion burst would be the first Thief SB.

And of course no dupes as usual. But mythril doesn't grow on trees either. Will have to think this through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

pretty good roll!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Looking forward again-

Meliadoul
Combat 4/Support 5/Knight 5
Dagger, Sword, Spear, Bow
Shield, Hat, Helm, Light Armor, Heavy Armor, Robe, Bracer

Nothing particularly notable in her dive, just some light damage boosts. Her lvl 99 RM is the third +40% Support Damage source (after Faris and mobage FFL2's Morrow)

Rapha's USB charges the mages up.
Marach's USB calls on some backup to blast his foes.
Meliadoul's BSB has her showing off her fancy break capabilities.
Meliadoul's SSB is a display of Zodiac bravery.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Is this a good banner to pull on? Don't have any ffxi synergy obviously, but not life its a hugely important realm. Whats the second banner look like?

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
There actually isn't a second banner for this event, what you see is what you get. Though, there's suspicions that they'll use the Multiplayer Raid Campaign Banner as a substitute for XI's second banner. Which consists of:

Tyro USB Warder's Apocrypha
Ashe BSB Dusk's Decree
Rosa BSB Holy Ray
Edea BSB Maelstrom
Sabin SSB1 Phantom Rush
Palom SSB2 Twincast Magic Barrage
Fran SSB2 Pinpoint
Laguna SSB1 Desperado
Edge's Unique Eblan Dual Wield (Jeez not even a Super)

...Yeaaaaah, probably just better off either pulling on the XI banner or waiting out for Tactics.

Cador_2004 fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Apr 21, 2017

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

fridge corn posted:

Is this a good banner to pull on? Don't have any ffxi synergy obviously, but not life its a hugely important realm. Whats the second banner look like?

There is no 2nd banner, I think.

As for whether or not you should pull - I ended up pulling because I figured I'd take a shot at Shantotto's Chain Break. I have Ashe and Kain BSB's so starting lightning chains sounds like it would be fun. Sadly I didn't get it, but I did get two of the BSB's on the banner, which sound relatively good? Shantotto BSB is yet another source of lightning damage, and Prishe BSB sounds like good DPS if you've got the monk hones to back it up.

If those don't interest you.... well, I think it all comes down to how much mythril you have, or if you're really jonesin' to do a pull. Or if you just want to pull for your favorite FFXI waifu.

Edit: I forgot Lion got a BSB too. Well, there's pretty good odds of getting a BSB on this!

Shock Trooper fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Apr 21, 2017

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Think I talked myself out of pulling. Definitely decent relics available but with Squall and Cloud banners coming and Extreme Fest en route...

Honestly I'd rather not have any thieves or monks after giving it some thought. It's kind of a blessing not needing to craft the abilities for them.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
cool, hyper fast trash mob with close to 100% no delay AoE sleep. nice job DeNA.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Apr 21, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Only did a dollar pull but I got Curilla's armor. Seems good.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Just realized that this Lion BSB I got is the physical version of Vaan's BSB. Pretty nice! Not quite as useful as that but it will have its situations.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cador_2004 posted:

There actually isn't a second banner for this event, what you see is what you get. Though, there's suspicions that they'll use the Multiplayer Raid Campaign Banner as a substitute for XI's second banner. Which consists of:

Tyro USB Warder's Apocrypha
Ashe BSB Dusk's Decree
Rosa BSB Holy Ray
Edea BSB Maelstrom
Sabin SSB1 Phantom Rush
Palom SSB2 Twincast Magic Barrage
Fran SSB2 Pinpoint
Laguna SSB1 Desperado
Edge's Unique Eblan Dual Wield (Jeez not even a Super)

...Yeaaaaah, probably just better off either pulling on the XI banner or waiting out for Tactics.

God. Ashe BSB is great and all but look to either side of you and you have Desch BSB and Rapha BSB, neither one being on banners with loving Eblan Dual Wield or Desperado. Honestly, everything SSB-rank and lower here is trash compared to all the other banners running currently. The singular advantage is pulling Fran's Imperil SSB if you already got a lightning team going.

I am more than a little salty if we miss out on WoL's CSB and Curilla's BSB for that.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Ashe is similar to Agrias as the oddly popular character that has been missing on the next two XII and Tactics events, so someone who grabbed her OSB during the last fest might gamble a pull on that. It's also half of an okay Lightning banner that could appeal to someone.

For comparison, the banner we're missing out on:

WoL LCSB - Shield of Light (Extreme Fest Banner 5, probably a Holy/Dark Magicite banner??)
WoL BSB - Ultimate Shield (No known recurrence)
Curilla BSB - Intervene (Aphmau/Zeid 1)
Cid Raines BSB - Metamorphose (Nabaat 1)
Cid Raines SSB1 - Seraphic Ray/Imperil Holy (Nabaat 1)
Agrias SSB2 - Holy Knight Raid/Enholy (No known recurrence)
Firion SSB2 - Shine Blade/Enholy (Scott 2)
Penelo SSB - Intercession (No known recurrence)
Angeal SSB - Wings of Pride (No known recurrence)

Angeal has been a no show for 3 straight VII events, poor guy. Considering how frequently VII has events, that really sucks. Next VII event is supposed to be Rude and Elena, so he probably won't get one in the next banners either.

Rufus, Angeal, Tellah and Fusoya are the last four characters not to have a Burst. As a reminder, Ricard has a Burst now.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

pichupal posted:

Rufus, Angeal, Tellah and Fusoya are the last four characters not to have a Burst. As a reminder, Ricard has a Burst now.

That's mostly because of how goddamn huge their games are.

Notably, FF4 and FF7 both have 14 characters in global, with FF4 having two more in JP (Ceodore and Rubicante) and FF7 having one more in JP (Shelke) and getting two more soon (Rude and Elena). The only other realm with that many is FF6, with 14 in Global/16 in JP as well (the 14 playable characters plus Kefka and Leo), and honestly I'm surprised Gau got a Burst in that last event.

I'd expect Rufus at least to get a BSB in the Rude/Elena event, and Tellah would be a shoe-in if the twins had an event with their TAY costumes.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I got Prishe's BSB and her Last Stand SSB on a 2/11 pull. I've never played XI but I liked playing as Prishe in Dissidia, so I'm pretty happy with that. It looks like the best way to use her BSB cmd 1 is to use cmd 2 and two monk abilities and then cmd 1? What's the optimal firm of DPS there?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Shantotto's BSB tears Hein the gently caress up :staredog:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

UHD posted:

Shantotto's BSB tears Hein the gently caress up :staredog:

Shantotto cares little for Hein's barrier shift.
Her soul break takes him down real swift!
ohohohoho

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Galaga Galaxian posted:

ohohohoho

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Galaga Galaxian posted:

ohohohoho

Bravo my friend.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I got Prishe's BSB and her Last Stand SSB on a 2/11 pull. I've never played XI but I liked playing as Prishe in Dissidia, so I'm pretty happy with that. It looks like the best way to use her BSB cmd 1 is to use cmd 2 and two monk abilities and then cmd 1? What's the optimal firm of DPS there?

It counts abilities used before the BSB, so ideal DPS, assuming 5 rounds under Burst, would be as follows:

Monk Skill #1 -> Monk Skill #2 -> BSB -> CMD2 -> CMD1 -> Monk Skill #1 -> Monk Skill #2 -> CMD2 -> CMD1. Best way to do this would be to use Meteor Crush and Lifebane as the two skills. Alternately, just cycling "Monk Skill -> CMD2 -> CMD1" constantly would do respectable enough DPS, and doesn't require you to have (and, hopefully, hone) Lifebane.

If you're planning on using her SSB, run her like you would an Aura Raijin - Slap Lifesiphon on her along with one of the proshellgas, then use her as pure defensive support.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

speaking of the multiplayer hein fight i need to knock that out this weekend, will raines' bsb fart out against his barrier or as long as it's not fire/ice/lightning will it be ok?

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
MP Hein resists every element except his current weakness, so Cid Raines isn't a great option.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cador_2004 posted:

MP Hein resists every element except his current weakness, so Cid Raines isn't a great option.

gently caress

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

gently caress

Anyone that is "element + non-elemental" is fine. Onion, Alphinaud, Fujin, Maria, etc. the game will prefer whatever element deals the most damage, and Hein doesn't resist non-element.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Anyone that is "element + non-elemental" is fine. Onion, Alphinaud, Fujin, Maria, etc. the game will prefer whatever element deals the most damage, and Hein doesn't resist non-element.

hooray

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

ohohohoho

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Does anything? I thought that was the point of non-element.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i kind of figured that "non element" was itself, an element

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Prism posted:

There's probably something somewhere that does for some reason (maybe one of the nightmare gimmick bosses), but generally no.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Im weak and did a pull. Shantoto bsb and Ayame ssb. Seems good.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

KataraniSword posted:

It counts abilities used before the BSB, so ideal DPS, assuming 5 rounds under Burst, would be as follows:

Monk Skill #1 -> Monk Skill #2 -> BSB -> CMD2 -> CMD1 -> Monk Skill #1 -> Monk Skill #2 -> CMD2 -> CMD1. Best way to do this would be to use Meteor Crush and Lifebane as the two skills. Alternately, just cycling "Monk Skill -> CMD2 -> CMD1" constantly would do respectable enough DPS, and doesn't require you to have (and, hopefully, hone) Lifebane.

I don't think you have enough time to do 6 commands after BSB, even with the reduced cast time on monk moves? So BSB would run out before you could do CMD1 a second time, although maybe by that point you'd have built up another bar and can do it immediately.

But that's the thing that concerns me - your DPS is going to be meh until you can pop the BSB. So if you're not giving her Mako Might or Dr Mog's Teachings (which I can't do since I usually have those on Tyro to use SG and Yoshi-Cola to use Aetherial Pulse), it's going to be hard to get that first bar built up. So I think it might be better to just replace one of the monk skills with Lifesiphon. Two uses of Lifesiphon (with Ace Striker or Battleforged) plus one cast of her monk skill will lead into BSB, and then you can do CMD2 -> CMD1 -> Monk Skill -> CMD2 -> CMD1, and by then another bar should be built up. I can live with giving up that extra hit on CMD1 if it means getting into Burst mode quicker so she has the damage boost from CMD2.

Now the problem is... which monk skill do I use? I only have R1 Lifebane, and I kinda need some of those crystals to hone Meltdown instead once I get enough Dark Crystals. With only 2 casts of Lifebane, you're probably not even going to get full damage from it until you have the Burst stat bonuses + the CMD2 attack bonus, but you have to use it beforehand to get CMD1 damage immediately.... right? Meteor Crush is good damage, but I'm usually RW'ing Shout and the attack boost from that overlaps with it. I think Explosive Fist ends up slightly outdamaging Meteor Crush anyway if it gets a couple crits, although for a really long battle it would be nice to have the Meteor Crush boost in case Shout falls off for the 2nd time.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Prism posted:

The Gaaps in the FF3 ultimates right now clone themselves if they're hit by any element that isn't Dark. That includes non-element.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

KataraniSword posted:

The Gaaps in the FF3 ultimates right now clone themselves if they're hit by any element that isn't Dark. That includes non-element.

I'm pretty sure I have read previously on Reddit that it is confirmed that "non-elemental" is a coded damage-type just like any of the other elements. It is not the lack of an element.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Charles Bukowski posted:

Im weak and did a pull. Shantoto bsb and Ayame ssb. Seems good.

That was my exact pull and I am very happy with both of them.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Should I just shatter these 5* witch abilities from the event? I'm low on space for abilities and they seem...kinda bad.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

KataraniSword posted:

Interesting. Do they clone on dark + not-dark attacks, or does it see dark and call it a day?

flowinprose posted:

I'm pretty sure I have read previously on Reddit that it is confirmed that "non-elemental" is a coded damage-type just like any of the other elements. It is not the lack of an element.

Well yeah, code-wise. That doesn't mean they use it like one. Like in SMT games, Almighty is an element but you'll never see a resist message (or weakness) pop up for it - even against the monsters that do resist it, it just quietly does less damage. I bet it's the same kind of thing here - they're not going to give out many (any?) resistances to Non.

Prism fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 22, 2017

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Proper Non-Elemental is actually an element (there are even icons for Non-Elemental Chains, Imperils, and Reverse Imperils in the JP game files), but to date nothing has resisted it or been weak to it.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Zurai posted:

Proper Non-Elemental is actually an element (there are even icons for Non-Elemental Chains, Imperils, and Reverse Imperils in the JP game files), but to date nothing has resisted it or been weak to it.

What's a reverse imperil? Just resistance to that type?

Also, out of sheer interest, what's the symbol for non-elemental? A grey circle?

Prism fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 22, 2017

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Prism posted:

Well yeah, code-wise. That doesn't mean they use it like one. Like in SMT games, Almighty is an element but you'll never see a resist message (or weakness) pop up for it - even against the monsters that do resist it, it just quietly does less damage. I bet it's the same kind of thing here - they're not going to give out many (any?) resistances to Non.

That's the thing, though, it is in the game files exactly like any other element, so even if they don't currently treat it like one they certainly could if they wanted to.

From what I remember the odd example I read about was that drain strike is specifically coded as non-elemental type damage, not just plain physical damage which apparently does not by default have an assigned element.

And I may be misremembering, but I think there was actually a boss once (Bahamut?) that had a medal condition to hit him with non-elemental type damage, and pure physical damage would not trigger the medal condition, but drain-strike would, or something like that.

flowinprose fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 22, 2017

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Should I just shatter these 5* witch abilities from the event? I'm low on space for abilities and they seem...kinda bad.

They are actually pretty good if you have multiple +MAG mage buffs and +Elemental gear / RM.

Basically if your mage team is already top tier they end up better than chaingas. If it isn't, they aren't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Prism posted:

Interesting. Do they clone on dark + not-dark attacks, or does it see dark and call it a day?

Multi-elemental attacks always take on the properties of whatever element would do the most damage. Since they're weak to Dark, any Dark/Non multi-element hits still bypass the cloning.

Raines BSB RW is basically easy mode for the fight.

• Locked thread