Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

Shingouryu posted:

Crap, that's during my trip.

Mine too!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I regretted only going on it once during my last trip to WDW. It was one of the rides I was most looking forward to. Last time I went I was teased with seeing 7 Dwarves being nearly complete, at least i'll get on that :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
They would have to be off their rocker to retheme something as iconic as splash mountain especially given how involved all the theming in the ride is.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

BlueBayou posted:

FP+ time is 7am right?

Pandora better be worth it :argh:

Yep, 7 am EST.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
If anything, they would have added some Tiana and Naveen a few years back when The Princess & the Frog was peaking. It would have been a perfect fit whereas Zootopia wouldn't make much sense (but definitely does deserve an attraction).

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Splash is getting re-themed to a A Frozen Journey starring Ana & Elsa.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
'Bout time they got an attraction worth a drat. (Yeah, it was a joke.) My wife has been claiming for a while that Frozen could carry its own themed land, like Pandora gets.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Grundulum posted:

'Bout time they got an attraction worth a drat. (Yeah, it was a joke.) My wife has been claiming for a while that Frozen could carry its own themed land, like Pandora gets.

It's getting one in Hong Kong Disneyland

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/23/travel/hong-kong-disneyland-expansion/

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
I've gotten word that I will be traveling to Anaheim later this year on business so time to start planning a Disneyland visit! My wife already called her sister and we have passes.. woot!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

demonR6 posted:

I've gotten word that I will be traveling to Anaheim later this year on business so time to start planning a Disneyland visit! My wife already called her sister and we have passes.. woot!

Lucky!!!!

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-cfb-tourism-disney-death-20170421-story.html

Looking at the quarterly Disney injury list, the one that stands out to me is the guy who felt disoriented after riding Under The Sea, one of the tamest rides on property.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does that give Big Mountain back the title of deadliest ride in the wilderness :haw:

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

nimper posted:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-cfb-tourism-disney-death-20170421-story.html

Looking at the quarterly Disney injury list, the one that stands out to me is the guy who felt disoriented after riding Under The Sea, one of the tamest rides on property.
I'd bet a lot of those are caused by heatstroke and dehydration, rather than anything even indirectly caused by the rides.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Mission Space made me ill for several hours (no more Orange ever) but I'm impressed you can get triggered to be sick on under the sea, even with heat exhaustion/dehydration.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dunno some of the sickest I've felt is when I went from the blistering heat to a really dark cool place like Carousel

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The worst I've ever felt at Disney was a day where all I did was walk around trying food at Epcot for a few hours. The heat and random tiny foods got to me and I felt like complete death. Heat exhaustion and similar things can be incredibly sneaky at Disney. Mainly with so many distractions around. One second you're fine and the next you realize what it actually means to go find a bus and walk back to your hotel room.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Are they selling these bad boys at WDW? Or just at DLR?

Also... Im torn about some FP+ choices. We arrive Thursday at like 11am. And plan to check in and just go right to AK. So I'm planning to get a Pandora tier 1 FP, and then RoL and Everest. And the park is open til 1am.

Im wondering if I should go for AK fast passes on another day to ensure we make it on the other Pandora ride. BUT since there are EMH every night at AK, I feel like if we dont manage to do all of pandora on that day, we could hop back over and try to do it at close one of the other nights. But I am going to be quite cross if I dont get to do both Pandora rides.

I'll def use FP+ for MK one of the days. MK has morning EMH on Friday, which normally I'd go for... but if we are up late at Pandora the night before.. getting up at 7am isn't ideal. But doing MK on a Saturday seems equally insane.

Im tempted to skip HS entirely, although my Jedi Donald magic band only does fun things there, so I always want to go to HS with FP+. And if I dont FP+ FEA, I'll never get on it. And Ive missed out on FEA the last few times Ive been. But Epcot has such boring fast pass options.

Boyfriend has never been to any sort of theme park ever, so he has no idea what kinds of rides he likes.
"Do you like roller coasters?"
"I have no idea"
"Do you like rides that drop?"
"I have no idea"
"Do animatronics scare you at all?"
"What is an animatronic?"

I want him to experience ALL THE THINGS.

Im thinking
Thursday: AK
Friday: MK with FP+ choices in the morning so we dont have to rope drop, if and when things get insane, head to EP. AK at night if anything was left undone.
Saturday: Hang out at resort, watching animals while sipping on drinks. Epcot lunch for FEA etc. AK at night if needed.
Sunday: sleep in, fly home. Start planning December trip

SO EXCITED OMG

BlueBayou fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 22, 2017

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
Volcano bay is looking amazing, BTW. I drive by it every day and they are furiously working on it to finish it up by May 25th. I've seen them run the waterfalls off the mountain and the whole place just works, I may be a bit biased since I live close enough to ride a bicycle to it (or walk 2 miles)

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

nimper posted:

I like the guy who got all queasy on Soarin', then went on it again the next day.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

BlueBayou posted:

Are they selling these bad boys at WDW? Or just at DLR?

That's Disneyland's plaque so I don't think we sell it, but I also haven't seen one with our plaque either. Ours is round for some reason.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Because a world is round. :haw:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

ElwoodCuse posted:

I like the guy who got all queasy on Soarin', then went on it again the next day.

There's a lot of peer pressure, because, "How can you not like Soarin'? Maybe if you *thing I definitely tried*?" :barf:

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

BlueBayou posted:

Also... Im torn about some FP+ choices. We arrive Thursday at like 11am. And plan to check in and just go right to AK. So I'm planning to get a Pandora tier 1 FP, and then RoL and Everest. And the park is open til 1am.

Im wondering if I should go for AK fast passes on another day to ensure we make it on the other Pandora ride. BUT since there are EMH every night at AK, I feel like if we dont manage to do all of pandora on that day, we could hop back over and try to do it at close one of the other nights. But I am going to be quite cross if I dont get to do both Pandora rides.

I'll def use FP+ for MK one of the days. MK has morning EMH on Friday, which normally I'd go for... but if we are up late at Pandora the night before.. getting up at 7am isn't ideal. But doing MK on a Saturday seems equally insane.

Im tempted to skip HS entirely, although my Jedi Donald magic band only does fun things there, so I always want to go to HS with FP+. And if I dont FP+ FEA, I'll never get on it. And Ive missed out on FEA the last few times Ive been. But Epcot has such boring fast pass options.

Im thinking
Thursday: AK
Friday: MK with FP+ choices in the morning so we dont have to rope drop, if and when things get insane, head to EP. AK at night if anything was left undone.
Saturday: Hang out at resort, watching animals while sipping on drinks. Epcot lunch for FEA etc. AK at night if needed.
Sunday: sleep in, fly home. Start planning December trip

SO EXCITED OMG

What dates are you going? If you're going to be at Animal Kingdom from 11am to 1am you should be able to do everything you'd like to do... even if you don't Fastpass+ both of the Pandora rides you can always wait in line! You could also do Rivers of Light with a dining package, freeing up a Fastpass. Then you could book a 4th and maybe luck into a Pandora ride.

If you're booking FP+ 60 days out you should be able to get a Frozen Fastpass+.

If it were me, I'd do AK the first day, sleep in and do a late arrival at Epcot on day 2, and then Rope Drop MK on Day 3. While Saturdays might be busier at MK, you should still be able to hit your favorites with Rope Drop and FP+.

The real problem is that three days is way too short! :)

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Free dining leaked finally, so heres my message of "Please be nice to Travel Agents and Disney Phone Reps" this week :pray:

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Edna Mode posted:

What dates are you going? If you're going to be at Animal Kingdom from 11am to 1am you should be able to do everything you'd like to do... even if you don't Fastpass+ both of the Pandora rides you can always wait in line! You could also do Rivers of Light with a dining package, freeing up a Fastpass. Then you could book a 4th and maybe luck into a Pandora ride.

If you're booking FP+ 60 days out you should be able to get a Frozen Fastpass+.

If it were me, I'd do AK the first day, sleep in and do a late arrival at Epcot on day 2, and then Rope Drop MK on Day 3. While Saturdays might be busier at MK, you should still be able to hit your favorites with Rope Drop and FP+.

The real problem is that three days is way too short! :)

In a moment of panic, I punted on FEA and got HS fast passes. Boyfriend is far more likely to enjoy star tours than Frozen.

I can see how planning is way easier when you have kids. You just plan everything out and make them do it.

Still crazy excited. 60 days to go! Three days is indeed way too short. But at least we aren't also trying to fit in Universal.

sad I can't get that Disneyland plaque keychain, that thing is dope. Might have to go to eBay

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Animal Kingdom is really ramping up production on the culinary side of things. Wife has been slammed with the new Pandora stuff as well as her usual work. She's the AK cake decorator now as well, so if you ever have a celebration cake there it's from her :3:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What day where you guys doing Pandora previews again?

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
What are the free dining dates and how far out do they extend?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rumored dates on wdwnt.com

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

WhiteHowler posted:

I'd bet a lot of those are caused by heatstroke and dehydration, rather than anything even indirectly caused by the rides.

A 34-year-old man felt disoriented and fell after riding Under the Sea — The Journey of the Little Mermaid.

That is not heat stroke or dehydration, the queue line is mostly indoors and they have a/c blowing through most of it. I think this one should have read:

A 34-year old neckbeard away from mother's basement for the first time visits Disney World, passes out and falls out of the ride when he see his idol, the Little Mermaid while on the Under the Sea Ride.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you told me that ride was 40 years old I wouldn't argue.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

What day where you guys doing Pandora previews again?
May 2nd

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Wow they really hosed the free dining deal. Moderate resorts only get quick service and they are keeping the "have to upgrade to park hopper" requirement? That's laughable. We haven't done the free dining deal in awhile and at this rate we probably won't be.

couldcareless fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Apr 24, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah It was hard to not say something but it was really stupid this year.

Just called to try to make a reservation for the UnDISCOVERED Future World tour tomorrow but they said you cant book within 24 hours...which is not true...because I do it all the time @ work...plus she didnt offer the survey so someones getting reported!!!!

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I feel sorry for the angry regular vacationers that are going to go nuts on you. If this continues to be the trend with it, more than likely we will stick with going multiple times in one year every other year or so and get an AP and live off those delicious AP discounts.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm lucky I only have to deal with them when they want reservations but of course they all want Be Our Guest and CRT. :suicide:

If you wanna see real Disney magic, ask me how to cross sell you on Tony's Town Square when you want CRT

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
"unfortunately there's no tables available for the castle, but tell me, how much do your children love lady and the tramp and so so Italian food?"

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Well, unfortunately by the time I actually got through all of the free dining promotions for Port Orleans Riverside were gone and our room didn't apply for the discount, but on the plus side now we're staying at Old Key West with free dining for less than Riverside+dining would have cost!

Any tips or impressions for Old Key West? We got a deluxe studio. Glancing around quickly the main con I've seen is "it's really big/can be inconvenient to get around," but we were kinda already prepared for that since people say the same about Riverside.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

couldcareless posted:

Wow they really hosed the free dining deal. Moderate resorts only get quick service and they are keeping the "have to upgrade to park hopper" requirement? That's laughable. We haven't done the free dining deal in awhile and at this rate we probably won't be.

I'm surprised they still offered it this year. Clearly they're working on winding down the offer and phasing it out completely.

It's a great incentive for driving guests to the park during low traffic periods, but supposedly booking for the rest of the year are strong, the economy is in pretty good shape, and Pandora will be helping increase attendance for a while. If I remember correctly, free dining started in 2009 as a way to get attendance up during the fall after the economy poo poo the bed. Things are mostly back to pre 2008 normalcy so it makes sense for them to start planning to eliminate the program.

I do enjoy reading various WDW forums and the meltdown posts bitching about free dining though. This one was great

quote:

I wish they would give free dining around early summer. June July. They are giving free dining when crowds are lower and kids go back to school. No fair. It’s never around the time my family can go. I’ve never received the free dining ☹️I know they need more people to come at those times. But still no fair

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

God, this has been the WORST day. I got up at 4 am (while on vacation, I might add) to apply the promo to client reservations, and the promo didn't go live til almost 5 am, which is super unusual. Then when it finally did go live, the site wouldn't let me retrieve reservations at all. Then at 6 am when the phones go live, they were down. I spent 2 hours getting absolutely nothing done, while sitting in my pajamas in a hotel lobby literally about to cry.

By 6:30 am, I had enough and went back to my room to get a few more minutes sleep. Tried again to get discounts around 7:30 am and there was nothing available. Just nothing.

In my 4 years of doing this TA thing, I have absolutely NEVER had such a frustrating promo drop day as this. Never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's still a three hour queue and a four hour queue for guest services. My departments good tho