Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

cams posted:

600 splinter characters:
deadpool
iron man
jean grey
rocket raccoon
spider-man
wolverine (lol)

x-men founders pack gets you 2 600 splinter characters, best value

How are they picking these :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The Moon Monster posted:

How are they picking these :psyduck:
Movie popularity / general awareness (if you know anyone from GotG it's RR/Groot, not Star-Lord), no way it's anything else.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Popularity, public awareness, and also Jean Grey.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Aphrodite posted:

Popularity, public awareness, and also Jean Grey.
She gets the special "every single insane Oforums person and their Ps4 equivalents will whale out on anything ever related to her" anti-discount.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

She gets the special "every single insane Oforums person and their Ps4 equivalents will whale out on anything ever related to her" anti-discount.

What, and Emma frost doesn't?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Also, they MAY be the characters with the most costumes. I know IM and SM are, JG's got a bunch, same with Wolverine and DP and RR?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Hauki posted:

Ooo, good point to both this and my subsequent post. Hm. Oversight?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Also, they MAY be the characters with the most costumes. I know IM and SM are, JG's got a bunch, same with Wolverine and DP and RR?
jean only has 90s xmen and new (not all new) xmen. cap and spidey are the only characters that have more than 2 costumes other than the default, and spidey only if you count symbiote

they held back a TON of costumes.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

cams posted:

jean only has 90s xmen and new (not all new) xmen. cap and spidey are the only characters that have more than 2 costumes other than the default, and spidey only if you count symbiote

they held back a TON of costumes.
Allll the better to whale you with later, my dear --- Mr. Gaz from his skull throne

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is it all the old, non-VUed costumes?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Allll the better to whale you with later, my dear --- Mr. Gaz from his skull throne

iron fist's only alt costume is the netflix one, so they are keeping me from dropping another $200 just to play him. i am thankful for this.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Dunno if it's the same for new PC players but trying to beat chapter 3 on console was a pain.

The boss hand people just heal each other constantly and I couldn't do enough DPS to kill them all together, had to keep luring 1-2 away.

Everything else is as easy as normal.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Aphrodite posted:

Pretty much. TheDink and the art team are apparently busy churning out non-stop VUs for the game, updating the PC versions and so there's something for the consoles. Whoever did the Grim Reaper review, it's pretty baller.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 22, 2017

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

only enhanced costumes are the deadpool kid, black vortex nova, rocket raccoon movie version, wiccan, and jane foster. i don't see any pattern, at this point i think it's either just randomly decided which ones to push or marvel arbitrarily decided or some combination thereof

edit: nm i didn't get what you meant originally so yeah. it isn't just older stuff cause squirrel girl, wolverine, captain marvel, and a ton of other people have their visually updated stuff

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah sorry, I meant is it the old, non-VUed stuff that's missing.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

also, i thought the war machine founders pack was required for the symbiote costume and iron fist, but in game info just says the main 5 founder packs are required, so JUST 200 total.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Giedroyc posted:

Dunno if it's the same for new PC players but trying to beat chapter 3 on console was a pain.

The boss hand people just heal each other constantly and I couldn't do enough DPS to kill them all together, had to keep luring 1-2 away.
That part can be annoying on PC too if you don't deal enough damage to burst them down quickly enough.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i killed elektra then could not even come close to killing any of the sorcerers before they healed to full. only way i could finish the encounter was to pick up elektra's medallion that gives 5s of stealth on medkit use, because enemies wouldn't fight back or heal while i was stealthed.

gr8 stuff

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hit 20 and it seems like legendary quests aren't active yet, despite the ui space for them existing. legendaries are in, however, which leads me to believe that the only way to get them at this point in closed beta is to use the currency boosts

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

quote:

@AgentNikki did some jiggle with rigging magic. Quite cool!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Hauki posted:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

cams posted:

hit 20 and it seems like legendary quests aren't active yet, despite the ui space for them existing. legendaries are in, however, which leads me to believe that the only way to get them at this point in closed beta is to use the currency boosts
One of the changes in the initial announcement was that you need to hit 60 to unlock legendaries.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

One of the changes in the initial announcement was that you need to hit 60 to unlock legendaries.
hm, good change. i liked having an infinite supply just from leveling characters, but it just makes more sense for them to be acquired by endgame more than leveling.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Haven't played on PC in a couple years. I'm thinking about coming back with the PS4 version. Is there a list with how much it'll cost for my favorite characters and costumes? I want classic Thor, Ronin Hawkeye, and a couple "new" characters like Peter Quill and Squirrel Girl.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

Haven't played on PC in a couple years. I'm thinking about coming back with the PS4 version. Is there a list with how much it'll cost for my favorite characters and costumes? I want classic Thor, Ronin Hawkeye, and a couple "new" characters like Peter Quill and Squirrel Girl.
thor only has age of ultron and jane foster costumes, hawkeye only has age of ultron costume. if you buy the avengers founder pack for $60, you'll get thor, hawkeye, iron man, cap, hulk, and widow all with age of ultron costumes. you will also have JUST enough g's (i think) to buy starlord, squirrel girl, and the costumes for both.

g purchases will reset at the end of beta, as will all other progress except stuff you bought.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the new tags on everything are very strange

wolverine's synergy is "5% to Claw damage"

all the legendaries have at least one tier that has a specific attack tag

"leap" and "dash" are different tags on movement powers

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
come on omega

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

The medals all have weirdly specific powers. Like bullseye is now for 'throwing powers' and Madam Hydra's is now rubbish.

Also RIP Cyclops. His hero synergy is no longer 10% XP gain. Replaced by spirit on defeat.

Energy/Physical/Metal seems to have been replaced with ICE, ELECTRIC, FIRE, GUN, CLAW, ENERGY, EXPLOSIVE. Which I'm sure won't make gearing a pain.

Also you can't get any gear higher than blue in standard difficulty, but the heroic trial's not hard at all.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
"Claw" seems an odd choice of damage type. That's at all useful on, what, half a dozen heroes at most?

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Right got to 60.

Legendary quests open up at 60 with a brief quest chain introducing the different types and ending up showing you how to play danger room (you hit things, you dodge things). You do get some purples/cosmic items for doing it though. I'd imagine this might make cosmic'ing an issue.

Well more of an issue is that currently there doesn't appear to be prestiging in the game...

Only 3 areas of the game were annoying. The Elektra fight for the healers, the Malekith lower asgard group event boss who took about 5 minutes to kill on my own and every time he teleported your autolock would stop. Loki phase 1 (they edited the cutscene to remove his amazing powervr aliased cape) shows why this game wasn't designed for controllers. Spawning his clones which means you have to turn off target, try to hit them then go back to hitting him and he instantly spawns some more.

There's also only 3 artifact slots and no insignias.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

"Claw" seems an odd choice of damage type. That's at all useful on, what, half a dozen heroes at most?

they must be about to add darkhawk, sabretooth, catman, dr claw, and ulysses s klaw

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Giedroyc posted:

Right got to 60.
you sure about prestiging? the item to prestige is on the hub merchant for 10k credits

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Fantastic Four becoming even more unpersons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhGLfJl6LKg&t=78s

(they have their very own segment in the PC intro if you've never watched it)

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Kainser posted:

Fantastic Four becoming even more unpersons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhGLfJl6LKg&t=78s

(they have their very own segment in the PC intro if you've never watched it)

These origin stories are all wrong wtf

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
'I remember that until only a week before I was arrested, we were not at war with Fox at all. We were in alliance with them. The war was against DC. That had lasted for years. Before that --'

Gazillion stopped him with a movement of the hand.

'Another example,' they said. 'Some months ago you had a very serious delusion indeed. You believed that four people, four onetime playable characters named Reed Richards, Susan Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm -- individuals who were executed for treachery and collusion after making the fullest possible confession -- were not guilty of the crimes they were charged with. You believed that you had seen unmistakable documentary evidence proving that their confessions were false. There was a certain intro cinematic about which you had a hallucination. You believed that you had actually held it in your hands. It was a cinematic something like this.'

A tablet playing a video had appeared between Gazillion's fingers. For perhaps five seconds it was within the angle of Winston's vision. It showed a video, and there was no question of its identity. It was the cinematic. It was another copy of the intro cinematic showing the Fantastic Four in Marvel Heroes, which he had chanced upon eleven months ago and promptly destroyed. For only an instant it was before his eyes, then it was out of sight again. But he had seen it, unquestionably he had seen it! He made a desperate, agonizing effort to wrench the top half of his body free. It was impossible to move so much as a centimetre in any direction. For the moment he had even forgotten the dial. All he wanted was to hold the tablet in his fingers again, or at least to see it.

'It exists!' he cried.

'No,' said Gazillion.

They stepped across the room. There was a memory hole in the opposite wall. Gazillion lifted the grating. Unseen, the tablet was whirling away on the current of warm air; it was vanishing in a flash of flame. Gazillion turned away from the wall.

'Ashes,' he said. 'Not even identifiable ashes. Dust. It does not exist. It never existed.'

'But it did exist! It does exist! It exists in memory. I remember it. You remember it.'

'I do not remember it,' said Gazillion.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Adult Sword Owner posted:

These origin stories are all wrong wtf

cosmic rays gave reed, ben, and johnny invisible powers too now

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Terrigen Four

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
In other news having an event revolve around ICP is a good way to drive people to quit. I got to 300 of the currency before i couldn't handle it anymore.

malhavok fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

malhavok posted:

In other news having an event revolve around ICP is a good way to drive people to quit. I got to 300 of the currency before i couldn't handle it anymore.

It really does suck. I think I only made it to 200 before I decided to start a s10 character in Diablo.