Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

fyallm posted:

I have no idea how to shoot people 4x - 8x ... I aim at them and it misses, aim forward above misses...

aim center mass and shoot. only very rarely will you need to lead them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Roobanguy posted:

aim center mass and shoot. only very rarely will you need to lead them.

Nope. I am use to cs where you aim at bodies / heads.. it never works. I swear I have to aim up or something. Aiming at a body doesn't work.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
These are from the same game. I'm pretty proud of this kill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APki8zLNuOU

But the way the match started was so drat goofy. The dude did everything he could to shake me and ignored a lot of guns to run!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnJ9-nuW5TM

Better way to watch the above: https://bennyhillifier.com/?id=QnJ9-nuW5TM

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
They should randomize the time of day that would be neat

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
New loot table is an important step towards a more competitive and interesting game for everyone.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

fyallm posted:

I have no idea how to shoot people 4x - 8x ... I aim at them and it misses, aim forward above misses...

Change your zero, the default is 100 and often times you'll be engaging farther than that if you have a 4/8x.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

causticBeet posted:

They should randomize the time of day that would be neat

Yeah I'd be all for this.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Party Plane Jones posted:

Change your zero, the default is 100 and often times you'll be engaging farther than that if you have a 4/8x.

No, don't. Zeroing doesn't work properly i.e. If you change it to 300m and shoot at someone at 300m with the center cross hair, you will miss. It's easier to do it by hash marks if you can see where the bullet lands.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

causticBeet posted:

Can anyone draw me a MS paint to help illustrate how the loot sucks now

Sure!

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Paradigmata posted:

New loot table is an important step towards a more competitive and interesting game for everyone.

I agree completely. The hard times make for more fun.

Weed baby driver and I had a really fun fight yesterday where each of us only had one mag, we killed the other dup but needed to run off when a second group appeared. Had my blood pumping.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Did a bunch of solo matches just now and I have no idea how people end the game with 3+ kills. I can barely manage one and that's only in self defense at the start of the game, otherwise my nerves are too wracked and I just give my position away and die to the person I was trying to kill.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Songbearer posted:

Did a bunch of solo matches just now and I have no idea how people end the game with 3+ kills. I can barely manage one and that's only in self defense at the start of the game, otherwise my nerves are too wracked and I just give my position away and die to the person I was trying to kill.

It's more chance sometimes. I ran into a squad coming up a staircase when I had a Saiga w/extended mag. Ended up with six kills before I ate it.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

K8.0 posted:

I'm not sure what's more ridiculous : you thinking it was better to swap than fire one more shot and reload, or the fact that somehow you were loving right.

I see you underestimate the shotgun :colbert:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glad to see you're back to speed running.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Haven't found a motorcycle myself but I'm ready for some jank http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=910285748

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

Haven't found a motorcycle myself but I'm ready for some jank http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=910285748

Gonna assume that is how this happened.

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

I've shifted from the "drive to the furthest military loot from the plane's path and don't leave until my bags are full" strat to just scrounging in smaller compounds.

It's been a lot more fun for me, both because I actually get to use something besides an m16, and I actually get some action in the early game. I know it's been posted a hundred times already but drat the shotguns feel great.

Also, my flying head punch technique is undefeated vs. desperate scramble to find and load a gun. Jump punch headshots rule.

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...

Reztes posted:

I've shifted from the "drive to the furthest military loot from the plane's path and don't leave until my bags are full" strat to just scrounging in smaller compounds.

It's been a lot more fun for me, both because I actually get to use something besides an m16, and I actually get some action in the early game. I know it's been posted a hundred times already but drat the shotguns feel great.

Also, my flying head punch technique is undefeated vs. desperate scramble to find and load a gun. Jump punch headshots rule.

I am a huge proponent of the both the over-under shotgun and punching dudes so I approve of this post. I want to practice more with umps and uzis now that the loot has been whittled down. I used to find smg suppressors all over the place last patch, anyone know if that was hosed with too?

Fuck My Ass
Mar 24, 2010
College Slice
Solo is by far the game mode with the most scrubs, two separate engagements I would shoot at some pubs in an open field and they would just lay down prone with no cover instead of trying to make a dash for nears piece of cover

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

succ posted:

Anyone have advice on sound? I want it up loud enough to hear footsteps, but not loud enough to get my eardrums blown out when I get unexpectedly shot.

Hmm, you can't really mix any of the in-game elements (and really you shouldn't be able to because that would screw your perception of distance but that's a sperg for another post). If you're using in-ear headphones this might serve to make the loud noises more jarring, otherwise I don't know.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Is there a good way to tell how to fire the Crossbow? Specifically, I have no idea what the drop is and I can't see bolts after I've fired. :(

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Got my first solo win tonight. Had to take a few minutes to decompress and then afterwards realized I had gotten pretty sweaty.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Songbearer posted:

I won a game with 10 kills :cool:

I started out with like 3 or 4 and by the time the circle was getting smaller, I kept picking people off or snuck up on them. Positioning is the name of the game.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I won a game with 10 kills :cool:

I started out with like 3 or 4 and by the time the circle was getting smaller, I kept picking people off or snuck up on them. Positioning is the name of the game.

In the game I just won, positioning was everything. I only got 2 kills the whole game, all I had was a micro uzi, never found any healing items. It made it all the more tense while I was flitting from hay bale to tree to rock, with the electricity behind me until it was time for the final shootout.

I need a break.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Studio posted:

Is there a good way to tell how to fire the Crossbow? Specifically, I have no idea what the drop is and I can't see bolts after I've fired. :(

They stick in walls, so you can shoot at a certain spot on a distant building, walk up to the building and see how far it dropped.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Encountered my second cheater today, hopefully this doesn't become an H1Z1 type thing

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Has anyone topped my 666m kill yet? Its probably harder to do since most of the ARs got nerfed now.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

VulgarandStupid posted:

Has anyone topped my 666m kill yet? Its probably harder to do since most of the ARs got nerfed now.

There are people with 20+ kills in a match with 1.5k+ kills on the leaderboard. Totally legit...

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?

taqueso posted:

They stick in walls, so you can shoot at a certain spot on a distant building, walk up to the building and see how far it dropped.

Should be able to reclaim the bolts like my man Daryl

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Raged posted:

There are people with 20+ kills in a match with 1.5k+ kills on the leaderboard. Totally legit...

A buddy of mine was creditted with a 2.7KM hand grenade kill that he had nothing to do with. I'm pretty sure he doesn't cheat, although he fluctuates in and out of the Top 10 for Squad.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Thing I miss in this from Arma is just scouting options like binoculars (or the rangefinder). Having the ability to scout without needing a scope would make the RNG not as awful.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

My favorite new strat is to stay in the plane until it kicks me out and then I punch out all of the AFK people. Best record is seven people!

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Is the game a lot less stable since yesterday's maintenance? I've had two instances where I was booted out of the game while the clock was counting down for the match to start, never had that before.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I'm no pro-strat player but the Uzi is a fantastic weapon that will kill at all levels of the game including the last-circle-we're-all-in-the-field levels. God it feels loving great.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

UMP has more range to it but the only weapon that's better than the Uzi at straight up murdering idiots close range is the 686 w/ a choke.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

El_Funko posted:

Should be able to reclaim the bolts like my man Daryl

Seems like that wouldn't even be that hard of a feature to add.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Ostentatious posted:

the only weapon that's better than the Uzi at straight up murdering idiots close range is the 686 w/ a choke.

https://clips.twitch.tv/GoodTsundereSmoothieKeyboardCat

revolther
May 27, 2008
Is this guy disabled or just horribly mangled? i'm asking for a friend.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

revolther posted:

Is this guy disabled or just horribly mangled? i'm asking for a friend.

That's just called British.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
WARNING: boring clips ahead!

Man, this game gets my heart racing even when it is an "easy" kill where I am holed up in a house.

A simple kill like this and I can barely breathe:
https://streamable.com/aimos

Or then I gently caress it up, like here (same house):
https://streamable.com/xg9r4
I had two ARs, but I default to my Battlefield mousewheel binds and pull out the loving pan. Wish I could just disable mouse wheel weapon switching.

Yet another fuckup. How did I not hear where that guy went? I can hear it now, of course.
https://streamable.com/lcb3c

I am terribad at this game, but I love clipping my kills and deaths, to try and work out how I hosed up. It still doesn't really help when I get taken out with zero warning though.
Some Goon tuition is required!

In this clip, I spin around, and it totally messes up my trying to figure out where the shot came from. RIP level 3 helmet. Then I panic prone. What do you think, from the NE?
https://streamable.com/5i9qq

Here is a very embarrassing clip. It felt like I was well in the house so I thought the guy was already in the house (hence the panic spraying). How do you play this one out? Do you not even go in the house? this was in Venice, and I don't know the area well at all.
https://streamable.com/ordnq

Can anybody spot the guy at the SE? Maybe behind a rock? I guess it doesn't matter cos this silenced (??) Vector just shreds me.
https://streamable.com/2u2r9

Is this just a no-win situation? Wide open field for the circle. I don't even know how many people light me up, and I feel embarrassed that I did not even see anybody. Do not know where anybody was.
https://streamable.com/qvc9h

Bonus question:
Where exactly do I aim with an ACOG? With this headshot kill, it looks like I am shooting low. I have the default 100m zeroing - are the Eastern apartment blocks 100m away from the school?
https://streamable.com/c66cr

• Locked thread