Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Man I forgot how bad some people were during Breaking Bad. I was looking up some Saul video clips, the stuff related to the ricin cigarette and Jesse being super pissed off when he found out Saul helped Walter poison Brock, and there's dozens of comments mad at Jesse for "overreacting, big deal, he was in the hospital for a few days. What's the problem?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Man I forgot how bad some people were during Breaking Bad. I was looking up some Saul video clips, the stuff related to the ricin cigarette and Jesse being super pissed off when he found out Saul helped Walter poison Brock, and there's dozens of comments mad at Jesse for "overreacting, big deal, he was in the hospital for a few days. What's the problem?"

There were swathes of the fanbase calling for Jesse's head on a spike after he 'ratted'.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
There are people that still, to this day, refuse to accept that Walt became the show's villain the moment he killed Gus.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Big Mean Jerk posted:

There are people that still, to this day, refuse to accept that Walt became the show's villain the moment he killed Gus.
He was the show's villain long before Gus died.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

lotus circle posted:

Well yeah, but that was the point at which the show literally spelled it out for even the most casual of viewers.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

lotus circle posted:

I thought Skyler was the show's villain?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Well yeah, but that was the point at which the show literally spelled it out for even the most casual of viewers.

I know it, you know it, Moltar know it...

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
From a television point of view, nothing has happened this season to remind viewers of any of the Hector drama from last season. This probably all works better if season 2 is fresh in your mind, but I think the show would have been better served to remind viewers of what's at stake for these characters. I loved Breaking Bad, but seeing Gus doesn't do much for me until he actually does something in this show.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

some guy on the bus posted:

Interesting that half of the viewers went "gently caress this" at Season 1 Episode 1.
To be honest, the first two episodes are loving weird and don't match the rest of the season.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

some guy on the bus posted:

I thought Skyler was the show's villain?

No, Skylar was the show's villain. Whenever somebody calls Skylar a bitch they're actually talking about a totally different character than Walter White's wife, Skyler.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Jesus loving Christ this thread just took a massive nosedive. Is it gonna be like this between every goddamn episode now?

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
The slowest episode of BCS is better and more entertaining than everyone coming in to poo poo on the show.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

CaveGrinch posted:

Jesus loving Christ this thread just took a massive nosedive. Is it gonna be like this between every goddamn episode now?

You're right, maybe we should speculate about who that guy at Los Pollos Hermanos was instead. He seemed suspicious!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

CaveGrinch posted:

It was like this between every new episode of Breaking Bad. Show quality is inversely correlated to thread quality

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
I'm mostly playing on my phone during Mike scenes tbh

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

OctaviusBeaver posted:

I'm mostly playing on my phone during Mike scenes tbh

lol

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Maybe we should check in on Huell and see what he thinks of the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_GkGaFLOQs

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I know it, you know it, Moltar know it...

Guess who write today's episode?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Data Graham posted:

Guess who write today's episode?

I don't think posters here are getting enough oxygen.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

mallratcal posted:

Maybe we should check in on Huell and see what he thinks of the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_GkGaFLOQs

Oh man, after watching a couple of scenes I'm now feeling a BB re-watch coming on. Haven't marathoned the show since it ended. Just gotta hold out a few more weeks until summer.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I hope the next episode starts with Mike at the DIY store stocking up and random bits and bobs while sporting that "up to something" look on his face, and then he goes home and works on his mysterious project with every little motion carefully filmed in exquisite detail, and then the episode ends just as he's putting up his new spice rack

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I hope the next episode starts with Mike at the DIY store stocking up and random bits and bobs while sporting that "up to something" look on his face, and then he goes home and works on his mysterious project with every little motion carefully filmed in exquisite detail, and then the episode ends just as he's putting up his new spice rack

I would thoroughly enjoy that and unironically defend it in the thread.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Does Jimmy ever not gently caress up?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

King Vidiot posted:

Gus was introduced in BCS much the same as he was in BB. The only difference is that in BB, Saul sets up Gus as a character by saying he "knows a guy who knows a guy". We're told in BB who this guy is before we meet him, but it plays out the same way: we see a friendly, helpful man who looks like somebody's dad or uncle and he works as the manager and owner of a fast food restaurant. I think newcomers to the BB universe will quickly get the message that he's a dangerous man. I mean we even get a shot of Gus in the parking lot with that thousand-yard cold stare in BCS.

There was no indication that Gus was a manager/owner though. He was just a guy sweeping the floors, cleaning up the tables, taking out the trash. I think the normal thing to assume is that Gus was just a low level bus boy.

Unless fast food managers actually do this kind of stuff but I wouldn't know.

But it's moot because I think in the BB world Gus is suppose to be famous and well known as a philanthropist in ABQ.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Boris Galerkin posted:

There was no indication that Gus was a manager/owner though. He was just a guy sweeping the floors, cleaning up the tables, taking out the trash. I think the normal thing to assume is that Gus was just a low level bus boy.

Managers at fast food (and higher) restaurants in the US do often dress like that (or are required to dress like that).

Managers at fast food restaurants in the US do (sometimes) pitch-in to get done whatever needs to get done.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
Yeah that's not so weird. It's not like doing the paperwork for a small restaurant is a full time job.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

CaveGrinch posted:

Nah, this is more of a slight dip than a nosedive. We haven't had Mike's voice or conspiracy analyzing of literal tinfoil in a pack of cigarettes yet.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

This would own and I would laugh in the face of all the people who whined about it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Longbaugh01 posted:

Managers at fast food (and higher) restaurants in the US do often dress like that (or are required to dress like that).

Managers at fast food restaurants in the US do (sometimes) pitch-in to get done whatever needs to get done.

Yeah, even if I didn't already know Gus was the manager and/or owner I would've assumed that from the way he was dressed and his age/demeanor. No low-level worker or janitor would have a button-down shirt and tie and expensive watch (or any watch).

They probably also wouldn't have been that helpful and friendly with a customer :v:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Boris Galerkin posted:

But it's moot because I think in the BB world Gus is suppose to be famous and well known as a philanthropist in ABQ.

This is very common manager behavior at Chick-fil-A. They will insist on refilling your drink and throwing out your trash for you to the point of harassment. Just so goddamned friendly and helpful.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

FogHelmut posted:

This is very common manager behavior at Chick-fil-A. They will insist on refilling your drink and throwing out your trash for you to the point of harassment. Just so goddamned friendly and helpful.

They are so nice that I can easily look past Dan Cathy's hatred of gay people.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Plus Gus is in the commercials for LPH which I assume every abq resident has seen

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
There was never a chick-fil-a near me growing up and I never saw commercials or anything so I said "chick fill uh" until I was like 20.

There are probably people who live in breaking bad's world that say "pollos" really wrong.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

NowonSA posted:

Nah, this is more of a slight dip than a nosedive. We haven't had Mike's voice or conspiracy analyzing of literal tinfoil in a pack of cigarettes yet.

However it is inevitable, and everyone should look forward to it

The Shortest Path posted:

This would own and I would laugh in the face of all the people who whined about it.

The "Fly" episode of BCS for sure

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Lastdancer posted:

The "Fly" episode of BCS for sure

This is where I butt in and remind everyone that Fly is the quintessential BB episode. It tells you everything you'd ever need to know about Walt or Jessie in a tightly written microcosm of their entire relationship. If you don't like Fly, then chances are you don't like 80% of Breaking Bad and you're only in it for the base surface entertainment and gunfights.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Injury in the workplace, and the boss isn't negotiable?

Better Call Sau-- I mean, gimmie Jimmy!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Boris Galerkin posted:

To be fair we've also got Gene in the same couple of episodes, the manager of the Cinnabon, doing menial jobs, taking out the trash, icing the rolls, washing dishes. There's a kind of a neat parallel they've got going on there if they want it.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

You would have to be diagnosable retarded to not think he was the manager

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This is where I butt in and remind everyone that Fly is the quintessential BB episode. It tells you everything you'd ever need to know about Walt or Jessie in a tightly written microcosm of their entire relationship. If you don't like Fly, then chances are you don't like 80% of Breaking Bad and you're only in it for the base surface entertainment and gunfights.
"Fly" is the main reason I'm looking forward to The Last Jedi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Raxivace posted:

"Fly" is the main reason I'm looking forward to The Last Jedi.

That's what I told Rian Johnson. The man was visibly relieved that someone mentioned his Breaking Bad work.

• Locked thread