Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Prism posted:

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but there have been zero examples of this happening and an aircraft carrier getting lost anytime recently.

Ahem!

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Did Branco ever comment on the United incident? If anyone had a hot take on it, it would definitely be him.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Good call, but I don't think 1980 is recent enough (though, being more recent than Chappaquiddick, it probably counts for some of these cartoonists).

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

loquacius posted:

oh me oh my, not blasphemy :monocle:

fuckin' conservatives, I swear to god

I laughed. Good one.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Sandpuppy posted:

Ah. So just like the US then, where most people are on board with progressive stances until you attach them to names like "Obummer" or "Hitlary".

Trump hosted a Trailer Park Summit at the WH

Now there's a ménage à trois I hope to god never gets hacked from icloud. She's totally backing it up to Nugent :gizz:

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Branco, of all the loving shithead hacks, got a BBC article

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

...that is a very unhealthy dog.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
savannah long necked dogs shouldnt eat so much, those head horns dont look good

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sandpuppy posted:

Heh, look at this guy, who got more than twice as many votes as the Republican candidate in a deep red county of a deep red state. What a loser!
Yeah, but that's because he was the only democrat running against a field of varying conservatives who wanted their shot at the big-time. Most of what I've read suggests that a runoff is a bad situation since it's a red district.

Granted the whole "He doesn't even LIVE here!" is rich from the people who constantly try to pass off affluent white dudes a folksy, salt-of-earth cowboy types.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Lord Hydronium posted:

Did Branco ever comment on the United incident? If anyone had a hot take on it, it would definitely be him.

All Branco said about it was this giggity-giggity-garbage.

fake edit: AMMOLAND

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Pants Donkey posted:

Yeah, but that's because he was the only democrat running against a field of varying conservatives who wanted their shot at the big-time. Most of what I've read suggests that a runoff is a bad situation since it's a red district.

Granted the whole "He doesn't even LIVE here!" is rich from the people who constantly try to pass off affluent white dudes a folksy, salt-of-earth cowboy types.

He wasn't the only Democrat, he was just by far the one with the most support and voters. If everybody shows up again to the runoff election and votes for the same party candidate, he will probably lose but it will be incredibly close (he got 48% of the vote in the first round). If even a small portion of the Republicans don't show up for the runoff because their favorite guy lost, then Ossoff's got a pretty good shot at it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Fivethirtyeight had a thing where they said that in runoff elections like that, both the person who won the first round and the party that in aggregate won the first round have some amount of predictive power, and it's mostly a tossup when they disagree like this.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
And it should be noted that Handel, the Republican that won, is probably the best case runoff candidate for Ossoff. The 6th District is made up of affluent white suburbs of Atlanta whose main political concern is "I want low taxes." They're more cosmopolitan than the average GOP voter and moderate on issues like abortion and gay marriage. Handel, on the other hand, is a Bible thumper whose central issue is being pro-life. Out of all the Republican candidates in the running, she's probably the most at odds with the local Republican zeitgeist.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Is anything in this true except "the Us is the only country to use nukes?"

Internet Webguy posted:

Et tu, Fox News?

Even cartoonists who love O'Reilly can't help but draw him looking like a sleazy creep.
Yea, they really shot O'Reilly in the back there by constantly covering up and paying out to to the women he harassed.

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

Internet Webguy posted:

Et tu, Fox News?

Even cartoonists who love O'Reilly can't help but draw him looking like a sleazy creep.

I read "Bros" as "Soros" at first and was real confused. Although I'm sure someone has done the necessary mental gymnastics to pin this on him already.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

HootTheOwl posted:

What, are you unaware of the US's history of making nuclear attacks on hostile nations which have nuclear capability, ensuring that only the US and its allies have nuclear weapons?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Stultus Maximus posted:

What, are you unaware of the US's history of making nuclear attacks on hostile nations which have nuclear capability, ensuring that only the US and its allies have nuclear weapons?

I mean it worked in Civ III

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

The aggregate only had Republicans up two points, and they had a asston of candidates. Ossoff has a reasonable shot.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I mean it worked in Civ III

it was democrat weakness that allowed that trigger-happy madman, Mahatma Gandhi, to go unchecked

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Prism posted:

But they knew where they were.
And they knew where they were because they knew where they weren't!

HootTheOwl posted:

That bit isn't true either. What he wanted to say was "used nukes in anger".

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Hawaii's senators weren't happy about that one. The response from office of the AG was particularly galling.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Hmm, the pants are on a pedestal, does that still qualify as being on the ground?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Twelve by Pies posted:

Hmm, the pants are on a pedestal, does that still qualify as being on the ground?

Pants on the mound, pants on the mound, praying like a fool, to those pants atop the mound.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I want that Hypocrites shirt

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

HootTheOwl posted:

Pants on the mound, pants on the mound, praying like a fool, to those pants atop the mound.

While mound rhymes with ground, pants on the plinth has alliteration.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

duz posted:

While mound rhymes with ground, pants on the plinth has alliteration.

Which would require anyone to know that word pre-google.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

I love that to conservative shitheels like Ramirez still don't understand the difference between consensual adultery and unwanted sexual advances.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I love that to conservative shitheels like Ramirez still don't understand the difference between consensual adultery and unwanted sexual advances.

Ramirez almost certainly believes the "Bill Clinton rapist" twitter meme.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
To be fair, there is Juanita Broaddrick, who still maintains that she was raped by Bill Clinton, and I don't see how you can dismiss her claims without going into "Well women make up false allegations sometimes" like people like Glenn Beck are doing with O'Reilly.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Sandpuppy posted:

Trump hosted a Trailer Park Summit at the WH

Sarah Palin is the late 90's popup ad of our time.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Twelve by Pies posted:

To be fair, there is Juanita Broaddrick, who still maintains that she was raped by Bill Clinton, and I don't see how you can dismiss her claims without going into "Well women make up false allegations sometimes" like people like Glenn Beck are doing with O'Reilly.

Oh right, that genuinely slipped my mind because she's not the one people use to try and tar the Clintons.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I wonder how long "Bill Clinton exists" will continue to serve as a shield against criticism of any conservative figure with some type of sex scandal

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Based on Ted Kennedy at least 8 years after he dies

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
One can say that Juanita Broaddrick's accusation probably isn't true without going into full "women are lying whores who accuse successful men of rape for profit" mode. Despite testifying under oath that he raped her, she also said in a sworn affidavit that Clinton never made any unwelcome sexual advances towards her. Her case was so dubious even Kenneth Starr ultimately didn't try to press her claims.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

And of course, by going "b-b-but Bill Clinton", Ramirez is once again pretending that Trump doesn't exist.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

loquacius posted:

I wonder how long "Bill Clinton exists" will continue to serve as a shield against criticism of any conservative figure with some type of sex scandal

They'd do it for JFK if he wasn't assassinated.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Those drat hypocritical millennial lefties with their warped views of the Clinton presidency back when they were pre-school. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Trapezium Dave posted:

Those drat hypocritical millennial lefties with their warped views of the Clinton presidency back when they were pre-school. :argh:
Eh, people idolize people from before their time who they don't really understand all the time.

• Locked thread