Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The story of her current feud is "I have been untouchable since I got here but Ember Moon is such a threat that I had to turn heel to defeat her." She's not just Goldberging another chump here, there's nowhere for her character to go once Ember beats her. This has got to be her swan song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm still of the opinion that the only person who should beat Asuka is the tournament winner (whoever that may be), as it would make for a better feel good moment compared to Ember Moon winning. Ideally (but it wont happen), they would have the tournament wrapped up by Takeover Brooklyn III and have the winner go over Asuka there. Then you can have your obligatory rematch on the following Takeover, then have Asuka debut around (or at) Survivor Series.

I just can't get behind Ember Moon at all. She's pretty bland outside of her entrance. She's good in the ring, but her charisma is virtually non-existent.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Asuka should never lose the NXT Women's Title, she should vacate it when she gets called up to the main roster.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

She's probably not getting called up to the main roster. Vince doesn't seem to have any interest in using her in that way.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
wasn't it spread pretty widely that they had no plans for her to leave NXT when hiring her? Felt like it was said pretty much everywhere except officially.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I think the same was said about Joe in NXT at some point soon after his debut

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Candice LaRae in and got a massive pop, Racheal Ellering in it too.

So who knows anymore.

A Full Sail regular said those two were the most over.

Nikki Storm got a huge pop for eliminating Liv & Aliyah it is an uber smarkish crowd but shows those two aren't clicking.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

spongeh posted:

wasn't it spread pretty widely that they had no plans for her to leave NXT when hiring her? Felt like it was said pretty much everywhere except officially.

Yes it was. I still have never heard any solid plans to call her up.

Always conceptualised Asuka as an in ring proxy for Sara Del Rey.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Nikki should still win tbh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

A Full Sail regular said those two were the most over.

Nikki Storm got a huge pop for eliminating Liv & Aliyah it is an uber smarkish crowd but shows those two aren't clicking.

Any update on Ember?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Any update on Ember?

Yes. She's fine.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

I think the same was said about Joe in NXT at some point soon after his debut

I think that changed once he actually signed a full WWE deal. For a while he was working NXT and indies and they probably had no intention of bringing him up then.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I wonder if Montez & Dawkins did that shoulder gyrating thing again. That ruled.

Benne posted:

Sonya Deville over Lacey Evans. Both women are renamed, Evans used to be Macey Estrella and Deville was Daria Berenato.
Ehh I guess that's an alright name for Daria, but it's weird to suddenly rename someone who was already featured fairly prominently. Still, Daria owns and I'm glad she's back on TV. Pushed right she has legit cred that could make her believable to beat Asuka.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

Yes. She's fine.

This person is correct. Ember's injury is a storyline: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/66lu9f/i_think_xs_injury_from_yesterdays_nxt_tapings_is/

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Venomous posted:

Nikki should still win tbh

I assume Nikki takes out Ruby, then gets hit with the Eclipse but Ember sells the shoulder so Asuka can either steal the pin or put on the chickenwing. Either letting them tell the story that Ember really won the match because it was her finish that put the loser down for 3, or that she lost because she wasn't at 100% because of Asuka attacking her from behind.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA

Xplosion:
Marshe Rockett defeats Chris Silvio
Mahabali Shera defeats Jon Bolen. KM attacks Shera post-match

LAX defeat two locals (Jake Wayne Holmes and Joe Coleman). LAX and Decay brawl post-match
Karen Jarrett says they're Making Impact Great. GFW and Impact have merged. Tonight's night of champions with 3 title matches: Rosemary/ODB, Lee/Everett, and Lashley/James Storm. Sonjay Dutt returns and asks Karen to add him to the X title match and make it the main event. Everett, Helms and Lee each come out and say no, Pritchard comes out and says yes. 6 way X title main event!
Crimson back next week
Rosemary retains Knockouts title over ODB
Kongo Kong (with KM, Laurel Van Ness, and Sienna) beats Chris Silvio
Del Rio taped promo from Arizona
GFW Champ Magnus has a problem with Del Rio thinking he's earned the shot, considering there's only 1 GFW Champ AND he got the pin in the Borash/Josh match
Lashley (with Josh) retains over James Storm (with EC3) when EC3 turns and breaks a beer bottle on Storm
At a Border City Wrestling weekend show Chris Adonis (Chris Masters) attacked Moose
Adonis has a friend who will challenge Moose next week. It's Davey Richards, and he attacks Moose
X title match: Sonjay Dutt, Lee, Everett, Suicide, Dezmond Xavier, and the returning Low-Ki. Low-Ki wins the belt
EC3 says he'll be champ again at Slammiversary. Storm challenges EC3, they brawl, EC3 stands tall
Christina Von Eerie retains GFW women's title over Ava Storie
Moose/Davey has no announced winner, Eddie attacked Davey after the bell
Kongo Kong squashed a local
Veterans of War (Mayweather and Wilcox, aka Crimson and Jax Dane) defeat Fallah Bahh and Mario Bokara
Swoggle beats up Spud
LAX retain over Decay in a street fight

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
so in the end, what exactly was global force wrestling?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

spongeh posted:

Jeff Jarrett

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

spongeh posted:

I think the most tangible thing that ever showed up from GFW was a weird cash for gold pyramid scheme.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

spongeh posted:

Cover operation for a ponzi scheme.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

spongeh posted:

Jerry Jarrett shaking his head in disappointment

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

LAX retain over Decay in a street fight

Looks like another team's last match
https://twitter.com/steveofcrazzy/status/855257959672229888
RIP Decay, Crazzy Steve

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Today's day of taping already off to a terrific start. Yesterday I forgot to mention Josh complaining claiming Borash pushed him

Today Josh comes out with Human Resources, Borash is told bully announcers aren't allowed in Impact, and Borash is removed and suspended

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Chris James 2 posted:

Today's day of taping already off to a terrific start. Yesterday I forgot to mention Josh complaining claiming Borash pushed him

Today Josh comes out with Human Resources, Borash is told bully announcers aren't allowed in Impact, and Borash is removed and suspended

l
m
a
o

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA

Xplosion:
KM defeats Jake Holmes
Everett defeats Chris Silvio

Josh is out with Human Resources. Bully announcers aren't allowed in the Impact Zone, Borash is removed and suspended
Matt Sydal returns, defeats Trevor Lee with the shooting star press
Sienna wins the GFW Women's title over Christina Von Eerie
EC3 defeats Jon Bolen
Borash in the audience behind the announce desk with a #FreeJB sign
Magnus defeats Matt Morgan via low blow
Kongo Kong squashes a local. Sutter and Allie chase off Kong and Laurel Van Ness
Laredo Kid and Garza Jr defeat Idris Abraham and Hakim Zane
Sienna defeats ODB
Sydal defeats Eddie Edwards. Davey attacks Eddie with a chair post-match
Moose retains the Grand title over Marshe Rockett via second round pin. Chris Adonis, Tyrus, and Eli Drake all beat up Moose post-match
EC3 comes out to Storm's music in cowboy gear, cuts an homage promo and sings. Storm out to brawl, EC3 cuffs and whips him over 30 times. Agents out to stop him and he whips one of them (Simon Diamond)
Laurel Van Ness defeats Ava Storie
Del Rio defeats Eli Drake

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Sienna has joined the force.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
They're trying to court Mauro by publicly outing and shaming bullies

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Matt Sydal making a poor life choice, you don't expect that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sydal/Edwards was apparently a legit great match also

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Midnightghoul posted:

They're trying to court Mauro by publicly outing and shaming bullies

Except they're doing some bizarre thing where the bully is the face so not really?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Except they're doing some bizarre thing where the bully is the face so not really?

Are you in any way surprised that TNA would take the position of 'hmm maybe JBL is the real victim here'

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Josh is the bully and the heel but bullying JB by saying JB is the bully. All very stupid.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA

Xplosion:
Mahabali Shera defeats Marshe Rockett by DQ (Marshe shoves the ref)
Dezmond Xavier defeats Idris Abraham
KM defeats Joe Coleman
Braxton Sutter and Shera defeat KM and Kongo Kong
Dezmond defeats Suicide

One Night Only - Turning Point:
Veterans of War defeat Fallah Bahh and Mario Bokara
Laurel Van Ness with Kongo Kong defeats Ava Storie. Allie saves Ava from a postmatch beatdown
Shera defeats Rockett (rematch from Xplosion)
Matt Morgan defeats KM
Davey Richards defeats Suicide
Rosemary defeats Sienna
Eddie Edwards defeats Eli Drake
Lashley retains World title over Moose

Borash still suspended, crowd chants Free JB. Josh asks crowd to please not bother him while he's at work
Andrew Everett defeats Dezmond in a match also featuring Matt Sydal and Caleb Konley
Alicia defeats Angelina Love by DQ (Love uses brass knuckles). Davey attacks Eddie post-match with a crutch
Impact taped from Mumbai in June
GFW Tag Title Tournament match: LAX defeat Garza Jr and Laredo Kid
Del Rio wins GFW World title over Magnus. Crowd celebrates, Del Rio says he left That Other Place because he was miserable, but he's now found a place he can call home, right here
Kongo Kong defeats Sutter. Shera saves Sutter and Allie from a 4v2 postmatch beatdown. Sutter and Shera challenge KM and Kongo to an Impact match next week (not the one they just had/won on Xplosion)
Funeral for Decay. LAX out in Decay facepaint, Konnan says they'll blaze up in honor. Have TNA tag titles, coming for GFW's next. After Konnan shoves a fan waving a flag, Veterans of War come out and attack LAX
EC3 vs James Storm has no winner. Magnus on commentary almost fought Storm, Pritchard came out and ejected him from ringside. EC3 attacked and whipped the ref, Magnus came back out and attacked Storm. Pritchard announces a #1 contendership triple threat next week, then says EC3 should try and find his balls, prompting EC3 to attack Pritchard
Borash reinstated to lead announcer immediately thanks to his attorney Joseph Park. Josh says Abyss fools no one. Park says he's fought wars in-court and in-ring (Bully Ray), challenges Josh to match: Park and Borash vs Josh and Partner Of Choosing at Slammiversary
Low Ki retains X title in Ultimate X over Trevor Lee and Andrew Everett

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Apr 23, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Alberto Del Rio holding the GFW belt is an appropriate metaphor for his career arc

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So how long until Del Rio starts to no show TNA dates, and badmouths them in various interviews/periscope/instagram/social network of choice here?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I think the key to any promotion is adding a bunch of extra titles no one gives a poo poo about

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I think the key to any promotion is adding a bunch of extra titles no one gives a poo poo about

Buh-buh-buh the Attitude Era!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

How loving long has this announcer bullshit gone on in TNA?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So its going to be gfw? gfw:tna or what the gently caress. its not like i care but rebranding it to Jarrets no wrestling company is tna as gently caress.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

How loving long has this announcer bullshit gone on in TNA?

Beginning of March's tapings :laffo: it's felt like years because it's so obnoxiously stupid even for them