Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Kosumo posted:

wow $67,000 in the last hour, is there a jpeg sale on?

And just so you know, that photo above has been edited, those fake sacks and covering a bit of Surface Detail that was in the original post. (it was his proof of being paid money form CIG to report on the thread, thanks God it was not 'hard' facts)

Maybe people conning friends and family into pitching in to SC to rake up some of those sweet referral points? Nah, ain't nobody buying in at this point. More likely CIG is using the new referral system as a smoke screen to pump fake cash into the funding tracker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Tokamak posted:

On the Banu Merchantman price increase:

Disco Lando | CIG: We thought it was only going up to $300, but the people that figure these things out decided it should be $350 now.

Clearly you don't understand making up prices for made up jpeg development, commando.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Kosumo posted:

Yep, It's right there between the "I believe in Chris" slider and the "Sandi deserves this many Academy Awards" slider.

Don't worry, just take off your underwear and go commando o7

BRB, I'm going in!

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

nawledgelambo posted:

If it's one thing star citizen does right, something amidst all of the noise of terrible management, missed deadlines, disorganization, and malaise that irradiates with CIG, it is the art, and level art. If you're an artist or there are artists here, you've got a fan of me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x40SId3DtI

That came from this link: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4eRl4

the very next day:

self-owned :negative:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm actualy a lawyer irl so i anyone has any legal questions just ask and be safe in the knowledge that my answer will be definitive and all you need to know

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Lazrin posted:

cig has and is substantially demonstrating continual progress on the project. no lawyer let alone prosecutor in their right mind would even lift a finger to pursue a case against them.

it's also very easily demonstrable the economics and logistics of similar projects - plenty of precedent. the budget and timeline are well within any regular industry tolerances

i.e. nothing to see here from a legal perspective (except maybe the hello kitty thing o.o)

so don't speak of things which you don't understand. i.e. the law.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

I'm actualy a lawyer irl so i anyone has any legal questions just ask and be safe in the knowledge that my answer will be definitive and all you need to know

Dear Angry Lawyer Dancing Cat. Is it false advertisement to lie about your job to try and sell a car?

http://www.bmwz8.us/gallery.php?GalleryID=81

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

DapperDon posted:

Dear Angry Lawyer Dancing Cat. Is it false advertisement to lie about your job to try and sell a car?

Nope, that's OK, you can't however lie about your car and sell your job, that's what we legal types call a 'no no'

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

DapperDon posted:

Stop doxxing.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Tokamak posted:

Disco Lando | CIG: We thought it was only going up to $300, but the people that figure these things out decided it should be $350 now.
:lol:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

Stop doxxing.

Don't blame me, blame Google.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

thatguy posted:

I doubt you're a lawyer.

I respectfully refer you to my prior statement on that question. Cheers.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

Can you fake a southern drawl in a hot muggy courtroom in the state of Alabama when you represent me?

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

peter gabriel posted:

These words absolutely scream the phrase "I am absolutely not a fuckng lawyer and do not believe anything I tell you!" Of course, anyone smart enough to know that already knew that. And those who are dumb enough to believe that are shitizens.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

hot balls man no homo posted:

Maybe people conning friends and family into pitching in to SC to rake up some of those sweet referral points? Nah, ain't nobody buying in at this point. More likely CIG is using the new referral system as a smoke screen to pump fake cash into the funding tracker.

There are people selling referrals on star_citizen_trades on Reddit....

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

MinorInconvenience posted:

These words absolutely scream the phrase "I am absolutely not a fuckng lawyer and do not believe anything I tell you!" Of course, anyone smart enough to know that already knew that. And those who are dumb enough to believe that are shitizens.

You're new here friend, but let me assure you pgabz is no joke

He is the real deal

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

There are people selling referrals on star_citizen_trades on Reddit....

HOLY LOL!!

Buy entry level packages, sell referrals, get refund.

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 22, 2017

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

dear dancey cat attorney at law

if i find a spaceship just, like, sitting there with no-one nearby, is it an act of salvage or an act of piracy if i climb onboard and take it somewhere else?

edit:
addendum - does it change things if i am the proximate cause for the previous pilot no longer being nearby?

Lack of Gravitas fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 22, 2017

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

peter gabriel posted:

Dear lawcat,

I would like to infringe on the copyrighted mascot of a global media corporation in order to promote a scam. But I don't want to get sued! Approximately how many of the identifying details should I cover up with white ovals? And, if they do end up suing, can I avoid personal liability if I divorce the CEO just before the hammer comes down?

Sincerely,

Mandi Mardiner

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

DapperDon posted:

That photographer did a good job considering her normal resting bitch face she gives during the forced smiles on AtV

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
#IsandwithMandi

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Thank you, MinorInconvenience, for keeping the thread going with meltdowns and self-owns.

Crush Boss
Nov 25, 2010

Don't let children breath your smoke

peter gabriel posted:

This isn't working for me

Worked for me, it gives an instant refund. :v

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The money is rolling in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLGjA7aR1MA

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dude, I'm also a lawyer -a Mexican one- (we're always good because we get killed if we lose a case) and I can tell you that Peter Gabriel is a lawyer who happens to have a sterling reputation of operating with the utmost honesty and integrity for over 18 years. He just happens to be British, so he probably wears silly wigs instead of a decent sombrero, nobody is perfect.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 22, 2017

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

spacetoaster posted:

HOLY LOL!!

Seems like a good business.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

spacetoaster posted:

HOLY LOL!!

On the one hand, they might take issue with repeated buying and refunding and your account must be in good standing to win.

On the other hand, its free money for the tracker and it doesn't count refunded money. And nobody knows where the referrals come from. CIG might even give out free points to streamers for all we know.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Tokamak posted:

Isn't that the current ship on sale? It went up in price?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Drunk Theory posted:

Isn't that the current ship on sale? It went up in price?

In cigspeak 'sale' means 'for sale', not discounted

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Thoatse posted:

In cigspeak 'sale' means 'for sale', not discounted

Buy now! +17% off.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

HOLY LOL!!

can confirm this is happening a lot since 5 or 6 guys are actively doing this on sc trades

this contest is just so hosed

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
so what did i miss

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Guys can I be a space lawyer?

I can object with real drama, listen:

"I Object"

No wait, let me try that again

"I object!"

Umm it sounded better in front of the mirror.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

peter gabriel posted:

Dear Legal Cat,

If I have committed terrible crimes such as mass murder of innocents, and have been locked in my bunk for five minutes as punishment, is it legal for me to clip through the wall so I can be free?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

so what did i miss

CNN posted:

Trump Deems Cloud Imperium Games and Star Citizen, "Too Big to Fail."

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

HOLY LOL!!

Reminds me of that thing where some car company offered cars with zero payments for a year, so people just drove the car for a year and then defaulted on their payments, leaving dealerships with tons of devalued used cars.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

so what did i miss

we're all in the 'verse, unplugged from reality and inside the bdsse, where have you been?

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

so what did i miss

Hello Kitty Star Citizen referral rewards. I'm not even joking.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

so what did i miss

CIG has a new mascot

e: but mostly a lot of nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i've been busy trying to convince my sister to play SC with me in her underwear while cashing ssdi checks for more spaceships and also i'm converting my basement into an idris bridge you may also know me as clifford aka miku