Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Not trading Gibbs for what was on offer starting to look like a pretty huge mistake from Carlton.

Speaking of mistakes, the AFLW teams and players are in the new AFL game, and Erin Phillips is rated the 45th best player in the game :confused: The combined team ratings also has Adelaide as the 5th best side in the game (72), behind Brisbane and Melbourne (73), and Western Bulldogs and Collingwood :downs: (74)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

NTRabbit posted:

Not trading Gibbs for what was on offer starting to look like a pretty huge mistake from Carlton.

Speaking of mistakes, the AFLW teams and players are in the new AFL game, and Erin Phillips is rated the 45th best player in the game :confused: The combined team ratings also has Adelaide as the 5th best side in the game (72), behind Brisbane and Melbourne (73), and Western Bulldogs and Collingwood :downs: (74)

Honestly half of Carlton's trade decisions have been loving bonkers. Bringing in half of GWS' cast offs is never a sound recruitment strategy even if you snag a good player in there somehow.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Whose going to ATDI at festival hall? Me

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

realbez posted:

Whose going to ATDI at festival hall? Me

Fuckin did those go on sale

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I don't know what that is

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Shmoses posted:

Fuckin did those go on sale

Some presale poo poo but no not til the 26th technically. I haven't bought any yet.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Is this in support of a new album because their post breakup stuff was not that hot

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don't know, it's just an atdi concert in September. Anyway, correction to my last they are on sale on Ticketek I don't know what all the stuff is about a presale because I just bought two GA tickets

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
There's already enough bits that I like from the new stuff to convince me to go

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

So are Port good now? :confused:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
No. They beat Carlton.

Edit: And Sydney and Freo.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 21, 2017

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

NTRabbit posted:

Only if you're a deluded Adelaide fan. Blues got more for Zach Tuohy than what the Crows offered for Gibbs. Blues deemed him a needed part of building up a young team. Keep banging that tinny drum though.

Nutsngum posted:

Honestly half of Carlton's trade decisions have been loving bonkers. Bringing in half of GWS' cast offs is never a sound recruitment strategy even if you snag a good player in there somehow.

There were 10 players last night who have only played single digit games. How the gently caress can anyone make an assessment this definitive that early? Marchbank has been one of the best intercept markers in the comp to date? Jaksch is the main player this has any traction with, the rest are there to fill a void while players develop or actually haven't been that awful.

I mean one game this season where Carlton don't look competitive and the lovely hot takes come out.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

300 games for Bob today!

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The Dogs special jumpers for Bob's 300th have collars! Yet another reason Bob is awesome.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Periphery posted:

The Dogs special jumpers for Bob's 300th have collars! Yet another reason Bob is awesome.

Collars and long sleeves need to make a comeback.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
the fuckers finally caught on to screen mirroring:

but you can start the video and then start chromecast from the quicksettings tiles in the notification shade and it still works :madmax:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The Dog's kicking is horrible at the moment.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Apparently if you want to watch the Crows live and don't have Foxtel they expect you to ship your arse interstate. Two interstate games not live on FTA, but Port home games are :psyduck:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Apparently if you want to watch the Crows live and don't have Foxtel they expect you to ship your arse interstate. Two interstate games not live on FTA, but Port home games are :psyduck:

just get a live pass + chromecast

e: unreal goalkicking from brisbane

e2: :captainpop:

strap on revenge fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 22, 2017

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
4.12 to 12.1

But it's not just the Dogs bad kicking at the moment the Lions are dominating.

:eyepop:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
12 goals from 16 inside 50s indicates a pretty massive fuckup by the defence imo

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

12 goals from 16 inside 50s indicates a pretty massive fuckup by the defence imo

Yeah, the Lions aren't being as dominant as I initially thought, but the Dogs are letting them take every opportunity they get. Lions pressure has been pretty decent though.

Sorry Bob, I want the Lions to win this.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Can't help but feel that maybe the dogs are just an average team that had a completely inspired month.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

Can't help but feel that maybe the dogs are just an average team that had a completely inspired month.

Yeah, it hasn't been a very convincing start to the year.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

strap on revenge posted:

just get a live pass + chromecast

I found out today that you can use any lovely free VPN with watchafl and turn it off just after the stream starts playing.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Doggies haven't turned up to play yet, what a shambles.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

TG-Chrono posted:

Only if you're a deluded Adelaide fan. Blues got more for Zach Tuohy than what the Crows offered for Gibbs. Blues deemed him a needed part of building up a young team. Keep banging that tinny drum though.

There were 10 players last night who have only played single digit games. How the gently caress can anyone make an assessment this definitive that early? Marchbank has been one of the best intercept markers in the comp to date? Jaksch is the main player this has any traction with, the rest are there to fill a void while players develop or actually haven't been that awful.

I mean one game this season where Carlton don't look competitive and the lovely hot takes come out.

I have no idea who did or didnt play last night. It was a general observation that Ive had ever since Carlton started the rebuild. Marchbank is definitly going to be a good player but I have never seen the point in taking so many "filler" players.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

monolithburger posted:

I found out today that you can use any lovely free VPN with watchafl and turn it off just after the stream starts playing.

yeah but don't you still have to pay nearly $200 for watchafl access? or does this get around that too because live pass + chromecast is $130-140

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

ewe2 posted:

Doggies haven't turned up to play yet, what a shambles.

Starting to look like the Lions have gone home early now.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Periphery posted:

Starting to look like the Lions have gone home early now.

Hahaha that must have been some kind of serve from the coach, they're a different team this quarter :v:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Weak as piss 50 to gift the Dogs a goal and the lead.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
this umpiring is cooked

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'm completely lost at the interpretation of that 50, Grandstand thought that fair but we haven't been paying those lately.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Well that was anticlimactic.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Never been angrier at a 32 point win. 13 behinds in the first half plus however many either went out on the full or OOB while letting far too many easy goals out the back to guys like Hipwood. We aren't gonna click until Roughead, Cloke and Morris are back in the team either.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Talia does a hammy 1 minute into the game after the media spends the whole week building up his contest with Tom Lynch.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Talia was back on the bench at the end of the quarter, dunno if he's going to continue.

Also the rushed rule is stupid, and the only positive is that each team has gotten 1 goal from it so it's all level.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

Also the rushed rule is stupid, and the only positive is that each team has gotten 1 goal from it so it's all level.

the suns' 2 goals were 1) lynch crumbing from his own contest and 2) callum ah chee running into an open goal so im not sure what you're talking about

i was hoping the suns would at least be competitive but this is not good to watch

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

strap on revenge posted:

the suns' 2 goals were 1) lynch crumbing from his own contest and 2) callum ah chee running into an open goal so im not sure what you're talking about

i was hoping the suns would at least be competitive but this is not good to watch

The only reason Lynch crumbed his own contest is because Mackay couldn't rush the behind, would have been done HTB if he'd taken it, so tried to slap a hundred to one ball through the Suns forwards and didn't get enough on it. Without the rushed rule he'd have thumped it through.

Mackay didn't rush it and got hosed by the rule, Kolodjashnij did rush it and got equally hosed by the rule.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Apr 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

"An American on ANZAC Day!!"

ANZAC not ANZUS you stupid woman. I haven't watched footy on ch7 on my tv due to bad reception, and I can see why the radio is superior.

edit: But Dennis is making up for it.

• Locked thread