Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Samurai Sanders posted:

Eh, people idolize people from before their time who they don't really understand all the time.

But enough about Ronald Reagan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

yea all those newsmen who have been beaten senseless for their bigoted bullshit

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
bill o'riley was given more money than his accusers combined and these idiots think he's a victim still

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

This is the worst category on Jeopardy.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I remember in the early 2000s, I was working in apparel at a Wal-Mart here in Canada. I got a memo come through from head office that I had to go through all clothing manufactured in Burma and cut all the tags out. THey were worried about being associated with political unrest at the time.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The USA have been turned into a gigantic volcano, but at least they are still there, all other countries having been apparently vaporized down to the oceanic floor.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Twelve by Pies posted:

To be fair, there is Juanita Broaddrick, who still maintains that she was raped by Bill Clinton, and I don't see how you can dismiss her claims without going into "Well women make up false allegations sometimes" like people like Glenn Beck are doing with O'Reilly.

To be also fair, you can easily prove that conservatives never actually believed her and are just using her to attack Bill Clinton, because when they tried to destroy his presidency, they went with the blowjob, not Broaddrick.

Wow, even for Tinsley this is poor timing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

duz posted:

But enough about Ronald Reagan.
That would be one blindingly obvious example yeah.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The last few Tinsley comics are some of the worst manga I've ever read.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fulchrum posted:

Wow, even for Tinsley this is poor timing.

Why? For Tinsley, the O'Reilly episode is just another example of the drive-by media destroying the career of an upstanding conservative.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Dear Tinsley, I wish these people like O'Reilly got beat up for what they did, thanks for the suggestion.

Also, this continues the Tinsley "Why can't I call people N-----s?" Saga.

Like, even when I'm discussing racial slurs in a way some of you may be fine with spelling it out completely to make a clearer message, I can't do it. I can't for the life of me say or write a racial slur in any context and here's Tinsley whining that he can't just use that as an everyday insult or as a title under people he doesn't like. gently caress him.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Do people think womens are a good thing?

I think womens are a good thing, but most people seems to think womens are a bad thing.

Like homosexual males are criticized, but is mostly when that make them feminized. So is the make males look like females that rub people the wrong way.

Then theres the whole dowry thing, that I don't understand how it works. It seems you remove a men of his daughter, and you get paid for do so. Like if you where into fighting pest and you paid for removing the pest.

Then theres the whole hijab thing. Extreme muslims do cracy things, like extreme sports guys. They cover the face and the whole body of womens. Argh. Looking at females. Very bad!.

Extreme religious people even say that womens are impure. And touching their shadow, while in their period => Very bad thing.

Then theres the whole segregation thing in sports. Womens don't run against men, they run against other women. So somewhere somebody think womens are weak, weaker than men.

Pink is a ugly color.

Dollhouses are, honestly , a loving boring toy.

Womens voted male candidates.

Do womens like to get screwed? Is like womens like to get hosed.

\/ \/ \/

Ularg posted:

Someone please decipher this Tei post for me.

Sorry. Is showertroughs of mine.

Can we trace back most bad things in society to... people hating womens (even womens hating womens)?

Good. In this era of Neo-truths like "sarcasm is dead" and "nothing matters", is good that we can still have fun with inappropriate things.

Sarcasm is not dead!, is just very ill, and have acne, but is very alive.

Lets talk about the unfairness of the rape guy not getting the years of therapy that the victims get. If the victim gets something for free, why not the perpetrator?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Anyone got Rall's "b-but, Drones?!" comic? Peak Rall (in a mountain of peaks), but I somehow neglected to save it.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ularg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbUA49BMSbw

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Pakled posted:

One can say that Juanita Broaddrick's accusation probably isn't true without going into full "women are lying whores who accuse successful men of rape for profit" mode. Despite testifying under oath that he raped her, she also said in a sworn affidavit that Clinton never made any unwelcome sexual advances towards her. Her case was so dubious even Kenneth Starr ultimately didn't try to press her claims.

I know here claims are dubious but I gave her the benefit of the doubt until she refused to do the same for Trump's accusers.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

oh my god SHUT UP

nobody gives a good god drat that your snowflake ego was hurt because some shitbag conservative got called out for being a racist or a homophobe

just shut the gently caress up, get in the corner and suck your thumb you stupid loving drunk.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
guys i think im going to kill bruce tinsley

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
so much for the tolerant left

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Is there anyone who even holds up Bill Clinton as a moral paragon? The "best" I've ever seen was my dad whose whole thing was "he was better than the guy before him and he drat sure was better than the guy after him, who cares if he got blown in the Oval office?"

Like no one thinks Bill is someone you should emulate beyond his performance as president.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

AShamefulDisplay posted:

Is there anyone who even holds up Bill Clinton as a moral paragon? The "best" I've ever seen was my dad whose whole thing was "he was better than the guy before him and he drat sure was better than the guy after him, who cares if he got blown in the Oval office?"

Like no one thinks Bill is someone you should emulate beyond his performance as president.
Yeah, lucky for me there is no such conflict about Trump; he's scum both as a president and as a human being.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Xander77 posted:

Anyone got Rall's "b-but, Drones?!" comic? Peak Rall (in a mountain of peaks), but I somehow neglected to save it.

You're gonna have to be, like, WAYYY more specific.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Tei posted:

Do people think womens are a good thing?

I think womens are a good thing, but most people seems to think womens are a bad thing.

Like homosexual males are criticized, but is mostly when that make them feminized. So is the make males look like females that rub people the wrong way.

Then theres the whole dowry thing, that I don't understand how it works. It seems you remove a men of his daughter, and you get paid for do so. Like if you where into fighting pest and you paid for removing the pest.

Then theres the whole hijab thing. Extreme muslims do cracy things, like extreme sports guys. They cover the face and the whole body of womens. Argh. Looking at females. Very bad!.

Extreme religious people even say that womens are impure. And touching their shadow, while in their period => Very bad thing.

Then theres the whole segregation thing in sports. Womens don't run against men, they run against other women. So somewhere somebody think womens are weak, weaker than men.

Pink is a ugly color.

Dollhouses are, honestly , a loving boring toy.

Womens voted male candidates.

Do womens like to get screwed? Is like womens like to get hosed.

\/ \/ \/

Sorry. Is showertroughs of mine.

Can we trace back most bad things in society to... people hating womens (even womens hating womens)?

Good. In this era of Neo-truths like "sarcasm is dead" and "nothing matters", is good that we can still have fun with inappropriate things.

Sarcasm is not dead!, is just very ill, and have acne, but is very alive.

Lets talk about the unfairness of the rape guy not getting the years of therapy that the victims get. If the victim gets something for free, why not the perpetrator?

NO TEI THAT'S A BAD TEI

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Starving Wolf posted:

It's the one where Rall is being persecuted for drawing Obama like a gorilla.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

AShamefulDisplay posted:

And even his performance as President is something liberals can question if they remember his big signature deals.

Xander77 posted:

Which one?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Starving Wolf posted:

It's a comic that literally ends with Rall (or the generic Rall stand-in) going "b-but, drones?!" like a Kelly character. Not just a RallxDrones (BFFs forever) comic (though I wouldn't mind a few of those either).

I have those, thanks. Where are you getting full-sized comics though?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Xander77 posted:

I have those, thanks. Where are you getting full-sized comics though?

http://rall.com/comic

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
This one?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Maybe they look bigger when reuploaded elsewhere, but I'm getting mine in the same place and they look relatively tiny.

That's the one. Cheers.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

I love how Todroll never hit on the idea of drawing Obama how he actually, y'know, LOOKS.

Now, that's not to say that Todd is a racist for not drawing Obama how he looks. Just that he's bad at his job.

Arthur Crackpot fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Apr 22, 2017

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

gently caress

that's a bit too peak rall

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Peak Rall you say?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Lurdiak posted:

Peak Rall you say?

Why doesn't the third panel say "drone" in it even once?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I tried adding it as a sound effect but couldn't settle on a font.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

I remember when this happened. Some journalist came to Rall's defense, saying Rall wasn't a racist. Rall then called them out for not checking with him first, calling it sloppy journalism.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The_Other posted:

I remember when this happened. Some journalist came to Rall's defense, saying Rall wasn't a racist. Rall then called them out for not checking with him first, calling it sloppy journalism.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I just realized that Tedd is the political version of technobabble https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJKdh1KZ0w
He just throws accusations of fascism around until every word loses all meaning.

Hitler drone Hitler drone Hitler drone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I do like This Modern World's Droney.

• Locked thread