Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

They can watch swap.avi, who said romance is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Turns out that the insecure ghost boyfriends had a point

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
That's a pretty good first date

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

STAY SAFE, POVERTY GHOST

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
gangboo'd

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

STAY SAFE, POVERTY GHOST

I have nothing against poverty ghosts, but this kind of story is why I lock my car doors when I drove through their neighborhood

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

But, they can just phase through car doors :ghost:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

But, they can just phase through car doors :ghost:

Not if you get em blessed!

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

Me [24 F] with my boyfriend [29 M] of 2 years, does not listen when I speak and changes subjectRelationships

submitted 16 hours ago by AliPapa7

quote:

So, I've looked all over google and relationship boards and I just can't get a clear opinion on what's been going on in my relationship.

I don't feel like I can communicate with my boyfriend properly. When I speak to him sometimes I say something and he does not regard what I say and changes the subject completely. It's been really irritating me as of late. It feels almost impossible to get a point across when no one on the other end wants to comprehend and respond.

Some of the time he disregards what I say and then says "I'm too emotional" or "I'm easily offended" which makes me feel like a crazy person. I just really hate that I cant seem to have a normal conversation and my ideas/feelings are not being validated or even warrant a response. I've tried telling him this and pointing it out but it usually just leads to a fight and like I said an accusation that I'm too emotional.

I even had to google the definition of "ignore" the other night solely to point out that if he can HEAR my words but chooses not to respond or acknowledge me he is ignoring me. He just can't seem to get a grasp on that. What the heck am I supposed to do here?

tl;dr: boyfriend ignoring me, saying I'm "easily offended" - rawr

I don't know, murder him?

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

Me [20 F] with my bf [23 M] duration, fleas are killing me and my relationship.Relationships

submitted 22 hours ago * by fleasarekillingme

quote:

bf = Tom

So for the past 2 months there has been a really bad flea infestation inside our home. The odd thing is I'm the only one who's getting bit. My entire body is covered from head to toe in flea bites, and Tom does not have a single bite! Because of this, Tom considers it only my problem. Since I'm the only one being affected by this, I have to clean the sheets, wash his dog, apply flea medicine, etc.

Every time I bring up how itchy or miserable I am from the flea bites, he becomes annoyed. I asked for the dog to not sleep on the bed anymore, and tom's response is to call the dog to the bed anyway - fully knowing that it's bringing even more fleas and makes me unhappy.

I can't take these fleas anymore! And I hate how just because he's not getting bit, he thinks I'm overreacting! Just to give some insight on how many bites I have its well over 30.
tl;dr: Fleas are biting me and not my bf, therefore he thinks I'm overreacting and doesn't think it's his problem to help.

Update Edit: Read through all the advice given to me so far, I can't exactly up and leave here so I decided to do the next best thing and have a serious talk about the problem with Tom. After an unnecessarily long and dragged out conversation he's finally agreed to help me treat his dogs and the bedroom for fleas. Going to buy flea collars, shampoo, DE, sprays, and do a deep cleaning until the issue is solved.

On the bf issue, it has raised some flags for me, and I'll try to handle it the way I think is appropriate, although I appreciate the community's words. Thank you!

Haha for some reason insects always beeline for my husband and never bite me, but if he was getting eaten alive by nasty rear end fleas I think I'd listen to him. They carry diseases, you* gross turd

*(the bf in the story, who cannot read this)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Skratte posted:

Me [20 F] with my bf [23 M] duration, fleas are killing me and my relationship.

Please don't gently caress dogs.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

you are about to enter a relationship
your future partner is

[ ] an idiot
[ ] crazy
[ ] a turd person [ ] figuratively [ ] literally

you must choose at least one option before proceeding

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Turds are just so, so loving gross though. I love gore but the sight of a turd can make me vomit. I once saw an orangutan lick its own pile of diarrhea and I immediately threw up.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

Turds are just so, so loving gross though. I love gore but the sight of a turd can make me vomit. I once saw an orangutan lick its own pile of diarrhea and I immediately threw up.

You don't get to claim moral superiority over all men if you love gore, Pick

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VanSandman posted:

tipper's out of the picture he's dtf

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Pick posted:

This reads like a dare post

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

VanSandman posted:

It's ok, she loves them on the inside :kheldragar:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

idgi

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

shameful, imo

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Skratte posted:

Me [20 F] with my bf [23 M] duration, fleas are killing me and my relationship.Relationships

submitted 22 hours ago * by fleasarekillingme

She should talk to Arthur Chu's ex and compare notes

Skratte posted:

Me [24 F] with my boyfriend [29 M] of 2 years, does not listen when I speak and changes subject

Help, I've google words and looked at forums,

But Rocks Hurt Head fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Apr 22, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its ok, theres a parental advisory label on the joke so you shouldnt hear it anyway.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Skratte posted:

Me [24 F] with my boyfriend [29 M] of 2 years, does not listen when I speak and changes subjectRelationships

submitted 16 hours ago by AliPapa7

Dude's obviously a jerk but why look all over the Internet? If he won't listen to you tell him you're leaving him and he'll be taken by delightful surprise when it turns out he didn't hear you say that right to him

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Barudak posted:

Now before we all leap to the obvious judgement, what if I told you this was the wedding of Perseus and Andromeda and this "friend" was from Sarpedon?

Is Jupiter in the house of Taurus?

If so, berth ell pup.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

CannonFodder posted:

Is Jupiter in the house of Taurus?

If so, berth ell pup.

Is Mila Kunis queen of the bees?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Skratte posted:

She should just add "you stupid fucker" to the end of everything she says to him and accuse him of being too easily offended.

and then kick him in the balls

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

CannonFodder posted:

berth ell pup.

Does anyone have the original r/ post that relates to?

----

r/relationshipsUpdates

[Update] My [28f] fiance's [31m] fetish is growing out of control. We talked it through, and made some decisions.

u/TroubledBrideHelp

[removed]

Update:
After I told him that someone could just Google berth ell pup and find the phrase in this thread, he looked me in the eye and said "That's so loving hot." ( :haw: )

When he goes to work I'm leaving. He'll find this post eventually but I don't care. I need a few days to cool off and reconsider my options. He's ill. He needs serious help and I think I'm going to call his brother to tell him (without specifics). I texted my aunt already and she'll be here to pick me up with a moment's notice.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Apr 22, 2017

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Jason Sextro posted:

Dude's obviously a jerk but why look all over the Internet?

People want validation. Usually the people that post this stuff know deep down what they should do, but they are second guessing their decisions. Like the lady who had the husband getting really close to the pregnant co worker

"My husband wants to help his pregnant co worker. This makes me uncomfortable"
"My husband is insisting we give her $1,000 to help with expenses. This makes me uncomfortable"
"My husband wants to buy a baby stroller for pregnant co worker. This makes me uncomfortable"
"I talked to the co worker and she was hostile to me and said my husband didn't love me anymore. This makes me uncomfortable"

Like the answer is screaming them in the face but they are so worried there is a 1% possibility they are overreacting and that it might backfire if they do anything about it.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Loss aversion + stupidity

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 22, 2017

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

Does anyone have the original r/ post that relates to?

----

r/relationshipsUpdates

[Update] My [28f] fiance's [31m] fetish is growing out of control. We talked it through, and made some decisions.

u/TroubledBrideHelp

[removed]

Update:
After I told him that someone could just Google berth ell pup and find the phrase in this thread, he looked me in the eye and said "That's so loving hot." ( :haw: )

When he goes to work I'm leaving. He'll find this post eventually but I don't care. I need a few days to cool off and reconsider my options. He's ill. He needs serious help and I think I'm going to call his brother to tell him (without specifics). I texted my aunt already and she'll be here to pick me up with a moment's notice.

Part one and part two

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330#post464732499
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post464788879

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

You're a gem. He's absolutely batshit.
It's like a really specific kind of masochism.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Apr 22, 2017

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

You're a gem. He's absolutely batshit.
It's like a really specific kind of masochism.

Given the popularity of the story, the guy must be having a field day.

Berth El Pup, a motto for the ages :911:

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
My (20 F) SO broke up with me (21 M) for reasons I fully can't understand

quote:

Essentially everything was fine and we communicated well. We were the best couple and people would often undermine us. She had a hard childhood growing up and her body image is pretty bad but I encourage her every time and encourage her to do everything. She suddenly broke up with because of these reasons:

1) She feels like I deserve better because she has too many flaws and doesn't believe she could ever fit with anyone.

2) Being in love is really overwhelming for her

3) She "senses" that we were going in different paths even though she doesn't know what path she wants follow. I told her we can grow together because we've been doing that for the past 8 months and we get along really great.

4) An old wise man once told that the man she would fall in love with would be her undoing. She's hindu and started to believe in all of these things recently. She got a really bad fever and her mom that migrated here had to perform an exorcism and told me that my house is haunted.

All of this is so weird and I'm feeling like it's all my fault. I don't know what to feel about this and right now I just feel really mad. I think it's all so dumb. Can anyone provide perspective and does her religion affect this in any way too.

tl:dr-Girlfriend broke up with me for weird reasons I don't fully understand even though we still love each other. Can anyone provide perspective?

Lmao

DragQueenofAngmar fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 22, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dude you got a free house exorcism, just take it and run thats a prcey service.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Bullet dodged.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lmao

This is a woman who has tried to dump this guy a LOT of ways until he figured it out.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
next time someone can't take the hint that I don't wanna hang out I'm gonna say my shaman warned me against them

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This isnt a bullet dodged quite so much as she was pointing at the sky and the guy approached her, pointed it at his chest point blank, pulled the trigger, and was dissapointed to find out she never loaded the gun in the first place.

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

Pick posted:

This is a woman who has tried to dump this guy a LOT of ways until he figured it out.

Nah, this is a woman who believes in ghosts and thinks wise old men know her future. She dumb. Bullet dodged.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

next time someone can't take the hint that I don't wanna hang out I'm gonna say my shaman warned me against them

and when it doesn't work I'll ________

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Lmao

The most verbose "it's not you, it's me". Actually that's a great story, and "my shaman warned me" is a great break-up reason that I hope she teaches to future generations

Tokyo Sexwale fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 22, 2017