Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
ITT: goons turn a discussion about what form of media they prefer into a socioeconomic war ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

monkeu posted:

I absolutely love that the Nintendo switch thread thinks I must be rich or an rear end in a top hat if I can live my life and make ends meet without factoring the resale value of literal children's toys and games into my financial planning last. Trust me, it says a lot more about you guys than it does about me :laugh:

yeah gently caress poor people they don't deserve entertainment anyway

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

monkeu posted:

I absolutely love that the Nintendo switch thread thinks I must be rich or an rear end in a top hat if I can live my life and make ends meet without factoring the resale value of literal children's toys and games into my financial planning. Trust me, it says a lot more about you guys than it does about me :laugh:

Mostly , I think they just think you're acting like a turd...

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Maybe it's not about the paycheck or price or need and all about not being a retard idiot bitch and over paying for children's toys? Hmm...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
guys its gonna be ok i promise

Wendell
May 11, 2003

eonwe posted:

Explain how.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

eonwe posted:

Yeah cuz I'm loving RICH haha sorry still laughing and pleebs buying things 10 dollars cheaper HA

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Wheany posted:

Would you describe yourself as "big boned?"

No! I just like the idea of swimmin' in a big round shirt v:shobon:v

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

eonwe posted:

thanks friend

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Honestly they've thrown out so many right wing arguments to start over video game buying preferences it's pretty :psyduck:

Buy physical, unionize retail, hail satan

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

C-SPAN Caller posted:

OR you just leave the carts in a carrying case.

These aren't loving cds. Also since puyo puyo isn't a huge release it'll probs have decent resell if it's as limited run as it seems, plus the gimmicky keychains.

Also lol at the poverty argument, no wonder you don't buy carts because you have nobody to share them with. :smith:

That would be true if this were something like the DS where games are only available on carts. Anyone who wants PPT will just go to the eshop and buy it. The physical cart would only have value to collectors.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Also seriously gently caress you if you don't understand why someone with limited funds still wants to experience the same entertainment you do.

Heartless loving autist.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

monkeu posted:

I absolutely love that the Nintendo switch thread thinks I must be rich or an rear end in a top hat if I can live my life and make ends meet without factoring the resale value of literal children's toys and games into my financial planning. Trust me, it says a lot more about you guys than it does about me :laugh:

Do you need another shovel? The rate you're digging means you're old one is bound to wear out soon

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Is PPT going to have a digital release? I can't find any information stating it will.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

That would be true if this were something like the DS where games are only available on carts. Anyone who wants PPT will just go to the eshop and buy it. The physical cart would only have value to collectors.

The physical copy will get cheaper over time though if it's a normal release, and if it does turn into a collectors item it'll fetch a larger resell price. Eitherway physical wins.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Invalid Validation posted:

Is PPT going to have a digital release? I can't find any information stating it will.

Yes and it's also only 30 bucks. Amazon prime or best buy gamer club pre orders are 32 and you get some cute keychains too

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Norns posted:

Also seriously gently caress you if you don't understand why someone with limited funds still wants to experience the same entertainment you do.

Heartless loving autist.

it's pretty heartless to use autism as an insult tbh, especially considering how many autistic people end up in exactly those poor financial situations due to how their condition affects their hirability

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 22, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

It's on the ehsop. As far as I know, every switch game has a digital release.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
It's fine let's just keep filling up our planet and destroying the ocean with worthless plastic cartridges and ridiculous packaging. And all because Nintendo nerds can't sort their lives out enough that they literally can't manage to survive without factoring in the hypothetical $30 they might be able to get back when they hypothetically get sick of playing Mario kart.

Meanwhile digital media and broadband internet exists and mk8 is less than 7 gigs.

gently caress this earth though! Fill it up with more plastic because you retards can't manage a budget. And I'm the rear end in a top hat :laugh:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I thought I looked it up and there wasn't a digital version to buy but that might be they don't have pre orders for it. I would rather get it digital and I can get it for 20 bucks cause I'm cheap as fuuuuuuuuck.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

monkeu posted:

It's fine let's just keep filling up our planet and destroying the ocean with worthless plastic cartridges and ridiculous packaging. And all because Nintendo nerds can't sort their lives out enough that they literally can't manage to survive without factoring in the hypothetical $30 they might be able to get back when they hypothetically get sick of playing Mario kart.

Meanwhile digital media and broadband internet exists and mk8 is less than 7 gigs.

gently caress this earth though! Fill it up with more plastic because you retards can't manage a budget. And I'm the rear end in a top hat :laugh:

Shut up

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

monkeu posted:

that's an epic troll my dude.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

We have been puppet mastered!!!!!!!!!!!!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Always sad to see a good troll burn up. A shame. Blessings be.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I am hoping that my Zelda cart will fuse into my switch from me never removing it.

I thought I looked it up and there wasn't a digital version to buy but that might be they don't have pre orders for it. I would rather get it digital and I can get it for 20 bucks cause I'm cheap as fuuuuuuuuck.

Amazon sometimes sells digital codes for Switch but they never offer a discount on them. They only discount physical releases. Though if the physical release was the same price and there was an Amazon discount, I might have ordered the physical PPT. I would really just rather always have it on my Switch though.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I don't really care how people play their video games on the Nintendo Switch.

Is there something wrong with me?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Do you like anime

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

monkeu posted:

Nice misdirection

Doom and gloom isn't how you win people over about climate change so shut up and go back to d&d

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Mega64 posted:

yes, you're being too reasonable. you need to pick one side of a completely pointless point of contention and talk about anyone on the opposite side as if they're beneath you.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Mega64 posted:

I don't either tbh but don't use it as a way to poo poo on poverty

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I don't either tbh but don't use it as a way to poo poo on poverty

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Hahahah I just caught up and I love the argument that I'm heartless because I don't consider people living paycheck to paycheck too. Spoiler alert: don't buy expensive entertainment electronics in their launch window if you're struggling to survive. The little green dude will wait to beat the pig man until you can sort your loving life out... and/or... until a few years pass and you can experience the same exact thing when it all goes on sale.

Although let's be real here... we all know which one of those two situations is muuuuuch more likely :laugh:

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

monkeu posted:

Hahahah I just caught up and I love the argument that I'm heartless because I don't consider people living paycheck to paycheck too. Spoiler alert: don't buy expensive entertainment electronics in their launch window if you're struggling to survive. The little green dude will wait to beat the pig man until you can sort your loving life out... and/or... until a few years pass and you can experience the same exact thing when it all goes on sale.

Although let's be real here... we all know which one of those two situations is muuuuuch more likely :laugh:

Are you ok dude?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Oh he's not acting...

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

monkeu posted:

your gimmick is so loving lame dude. the elitist internet rear end in a top hat who is always right thing was played out in 2005.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Are you ok dude?

No I'm not. I'm living in poverty. I can only afford slow loading pollutant physical media for my brand new just launched Nintendo Switch game console. This is a cry for help. Please don't shame me!!!!

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Fluffy posted:

Loading a game in a shrine and having it reset the whole shrine and put you back at the entrance is indefensible and easily the thing I hate the most in BotW (just disable saving inside of shrines if you're going to do this for gently caress's sake). Run out of arrows doing some torch lighting bullshit near the end? Start from the beginning with no save-as-you-go convenience for you, you fucker. Also you better have a save from when you first entered since your newer save will reset your progress and keep your item use for an extra helping of gently caress You.

Lolol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can't believe people at bad at Zelda lol

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Have you guys considered maybe just...playing videogames on your Nintendo Switch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
Im gonna get MK8DX physically just because it's gonna make people mad.

• Locked thread