Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

D_Smart posted:

Remember the new Star Citizen referrals (the latest scam) I wrote about yesterday? They are now buying/selling them https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/

Is that literally people selling stolen credit card purchases of accounts? I can't imagine that sales of referrals could be anything but that.

Beet Wagon posted:

Going through my folders the other day I found a bunch of pictures from when the forums basically had to fight a civil war to get CIG to realize maybe nobody wanted to spend their playtime looking at a space window frame lol

This is one of the worst things I've ever seen displayed as a piece of software. It literally makes me feel dizzy, and I'm completely baffled as to what is outside the windows.

Is that a cockpit view while sitting in a hangar? It's like a vertigo simulator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
"early concepts like Pupil to Planet" B. Chambers

:v:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://clips.twitch.tv/SpicyRacyDootPlanking

Kephael
Apr 2, 2016

D_Smart posted:

BOOM!! Called it! And so the 3.0 "walk back" begins in ernest. By the time it's released, it will be what 2.7 should have been.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/66ux3c/300_and_global_progress_watch_update_20170421/

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

I'm sure it's only a four day delay and they just want to get 3.0 out on the date as promised :rolleyes:.

It's not like massively improving client performance is important and CIG will really have it finished as stated.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Version 3 of a broken tech demo, so hot right now.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

Remember the new Star Citizen referrals (the latest scam) I wrote about yesterday? They are now buying/selling them https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/

Oh this reply is amazing.

quote:

2000 referrals at 12 usd a referral is only 24000 usd. If you are trying to win the big contest for the javelin you are best off just buying the completionist package and then buying a javelin in November.(pretty sure they will sell them again if not something better)

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

See you in the 'Laundry!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
You know, I've just come to the realization that Chris Roberts truly deserves to be compared to George Lucas when he was in his heyday in the 70's.

Apropos of nothing, I just watched the Star Wars Holiday Special for the first time.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Why does half the cargo hold have inclined floor? Why does the engine share a wall with ammo stores?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

BOOM!! Called it! And so the 3.0 "walk back" begins in ernest. By the time it's released, it will be what 2.7 should have been.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/66ux3c/300_and_global_progress_watch_update_20170421/

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

The issue with the network bind culling is one of the glaring pieces of evidence that they simply have NOT fully switched to the LumberYard code base. That code is bespoke (it's not part of CryEngine) and last I checked, LY already got around it. Which means that they are either still trying to merge their StarEngine mess with LY, or still ripping it all out and merging. In fact, that makes a lot more sense; now that I think about.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
that ship is huge. WTF are they thinking. Look at the scale.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I love it when Derek earnestly replies to himself.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
who knows, that one internet rando might've been right and 3.0 is totally different code/engine than 2.0, just reusing art assets

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

SelenicMartian posted:

Why does half the cargo hold have inclined floor? Why does the engine share a wall with ammo stores?

That's for angled cargo.

Why does it even have an engine room? Think about all the aircraft that have engine rooms. Hmm, none ever. This isn't even WW2 planes in space, this is maritime vessels in space.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SelenicMartian posted:

TEH RULE OF COOL :smug:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

How would you even get containerized cargo into that thing? It looks like you could maybe barely slide a modern cargo container into that middle area. How would you stack it? Is all cargo just carried by the handful, and cargo bays stuffed like hoarder houses?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Never been dung before

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

XK posted:

How would you even get containerized cargo into that thing? It looks like you could maybe barely slide a modern cargo container into that middle area. How would you stack it? Is all cargo just carried by the handful, and cargo bays stuffed like hoarder houses?

Magic.

Honestly though cargo will just be a stat for several years and if the project still exists it will slowly fill with generic unmovable containers depending on how full you are in cargo.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I'm not wrong here on assuming that sales of referrals has to be credit card fraud, right?

There's no other explanation for how somebody could have referrals to sell. Really, explain to me how somebody can bulk sell referrals without some kind of fraud being involved.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Do you need to have separate credit cards to open new accounts? CIG has said before they don't give a poo poo if you refer yourself.

Open an account. Buy the base package. Rinse and repeat.

Hell if he paid me (upfront) the cost plus like 5 bucks I'd do it a bunch of times.

CIG gets sales and a 'new customer' to show lenders and the citizen gets his citizen thing on.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

XK posted:

I'm not wrong here on assuming that sales of referrals has to be credit card fraud, right?

There's no other explanation for how somebody could have referrals to sell. Really, explain to me how somebody can bulk sell referrals without some kind of fraud being involved.

It's fraud all the way down.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Exclusive picture, Banu Merchantman cargo bay:

XK fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 22, 2017

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

XK posted:

Does any part of the contest rules call for the removal of the referrals if a refund is requested later?

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Do you need to have separate credit cards to open new accounts? CIG has said before they don't give a poo poo if you refer yourself.

Hell if he paid me (upfront) the cost plus like 5 bucks I'd do it a bunch of times.

CIG gets sales and a 'new customer' to show lenders and the citizen gets his citizen thing on.

Yeah, but, those referral sales are for under cost - $20 each including Paypal fees. Unless the money value of those "referrals" is less than $20, I can't see a legitimate explanation.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Ok, yes, if you sell them for more than the price of the $45 minimal package, I can technically see how you could sell referrals. That also makes no sense.

How can you sell referrals for $10 a piece? That's the real question.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
The Squadron 42 listing on IMDB

Archive from 21st December 2015: http://archive.is/ZNxoZ

quote:

Release Date: 30 October 2016 (USA)

Archive from 15th October 2016: http://web.archive.org/web/20161015115254/http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5194726/

quote:

Release Date: 2016 (USA)

Today: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5194726/

quote:

Release Date: 2017 (USA)
:siren: Confirmed for this year everyone!! :siren:

:laffo:

The Star CItizen listing on IMDB, today: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4156346/

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

SelenicMartian posted:

Are they still using this image? It was proven to be copied from other stuff right around the original Archer controversy. You can even see the logo of the "Strike Vector" image they used at the bottom.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

boviscopophobic posted:

Yeah, but, those referral sales are for under cost - $20 each including Paypal fees. Unless the money value of those "referrals" is less than $20, I can't see a legitimate explanation.

If you get enough referrals you get a hello kitty skin and permission in the Million mile high club. Stuff even a completionist can't get.

Never underestimate a citizens call to jpgs.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Current team status

http://i.imgur.com/Ut5DbxN.mp4

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

If you get enough referrals you get a hello kitty skin and permission in the Million mile high club. Stuff even a completionist can't get.

Never underestimate a citizens call to jpgs.

I know you're trolling right now, but while JPG lust would explain why a citizen would buy referrals possibly even over cost, it does not explain why anyone would sell referrals under cost.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

MinorInconvenience posted:

Does any part of the contest rules call for the removal of the referrals if a refund is requested later?

It probably falls in the catch-all clause about accounts in bad standing.

If anyone tries to buy a bunch of accounts on their own financial instruments, collect the rewards, then try to chargeback, it probably won't work out too well for them. If you tried to pull any kind of thing like that, your banking institution will easily deny the chargeback. It won't fool anybody.

It's really only something you can do with stolen financials, and if they're stolen the refund part is irrelevant to the person selling the referrals.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

TrustmeImLegit posted:

permission in the Million mile high club
Only $41,680 to talk with other rejects who have done the same? Where do I sign up over a thousand times?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Krycek posted:

My god, the shitizens were right. Development really didn't start 5-6 years ago like we all thought. They didn't start until literally just now.

How the gently caress is the thread title not Star Citizen: We've made a schedule, now we can start. ?

:siren: MODS? :siren:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

MeLKoR posted:

How the gently caress is the thread title not Star Citizen: We've made a schedule, now we can start. ?

:siren: MODS? :siren:

Game is complete, that's why they're running a referral contest. Stop spreading FUD.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
I'm never quite sure whether it's CIG using some quite clever psychological tricks or whether shitizens are just really, really gullible and illogical.

By finally revealing the 3.0 schedule it's like the shitizens have just accepted that they've only just started working on most of this stuff, what the gently caress happened to the last 5 months? WHAT THE gently caress HAPPENED TO THE LAST 5 YEARS???

Now you see them making comments like 'well, it was always going to be a push to get that ready for 3.0'. Why? They've literally had 5 years where there sole focus should have been 'make a space game', why is it only now they're getting around to some of these tasks?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wrecked Angle posted:

I'm never quite sure whether it's CIG using some quite clever psychological tricks or whether shitizens are just really, really gullible and illogical.

By finally revealing the 3.0 schedule it's like the shitizens have just accepted that they've only just started working on most of this stuff, what the gently caress happened to the last 5 months? WHAT THE gently caress HAPPENED TO THE LAST 5 YEARS???

Now you see them making comments like 'well, it was always going to be a push to get that ready for 3.0'. Why? They've literally had 5 years where there sole focus should have been 'make a space game', why is it only now they're getting around to some of these tasks?

The thing you have to remember is the game is a bad idea made from stolen ideas by a tired old hack and the backers are uniformly loving idiots

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Wrecked Angle posted:

the best was when the actual non-internet leak from october said that 3.0 in its current form was a year+ out and peeps on reddit were like "yeah, well, mr agentman, I guess we will just have to see about that!" *snicker*

and now they ain't even getting half of what was promised with 3.0 and its not even going to hit until july or august, if that

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
This dude unironically types like :pgabz: in his videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I mean really, no network improvements? wtf are they even thinking