Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Just buy like 20lb of rice if you're poor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

steinrokkan posted:

Every time I see a child I call the cops, the fire brigade, and the paramedics because there is always an implicit presence of danger. Like the parent could easily shove their child under a passing truck, or a stranger could stab them with an infected needle at any time.

If folks just stopped having children altogether the problem would solve itself.

Oh, and if companies were focused on telling rude, drunk customers that their attitudes and behavior won't be tolerated it would help quite a bit. How hard is it for an airline employee to assess a situation and conclude "I think this passenger is drunk and is making some horrid accusations about another passenger."

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

BrigadierSensible posted:

What I don't get about the Juicero is that it saves the consumer little to no extra effort, and costs shitloads.

I mean, whose life is so busy, or is so lazy that they are prepared to load up a bag into a machine, and maintain said machine, but is not prepared to pour juice from a carton into a cup?

Is it that much easier tu ose the machine than it is to go to the fridge and pour yourself a glass? Is it worth $400?

The type of person who would microwave a pop tart. Unfortunately that type of person does not also want a $400 juice squeezer. Or maybe they do. Will the Juicero withstand the test of time??

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/io9/status/855424016647151616

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why is it so grey

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/darth/status/855431281928159232

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

"Citizen, your minced bovine meat and wheat-based enclosure with slivers of fried starchy tuber and Diet Coke has been prepared."

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

Just needs a Comme des Garcons logo

putrid aidsman has a new favorite as of 17:13 on Apr 22, 2017

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

There are ways to combat crime without being jackbooted racists, you loving idiot rear end in a top hat. There are actual goddamn guidelines for spotting and intervening with child trafficking and nowhere on that list is "harass anyone who fails the paper bag test in the vicinity of a child."

Siding with sasassin is siding with an incorrigible racist. Are you an incorrigible racist or are you just a moron who's had so much oo-rah amurika securitah bullshit crammed into your head your brain leaked out?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lol are you always mad?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Stuntman posted:

you can knead bread by hand if you're poor

LOL if you don't have Enrique knead your dough for you.

But seriously, making bread by hand is the poo poo -- the process is super meditative, at least for me. Having a bread maker might be convenient, but I'd miss the actual process of creation. And then at the end you've got this warm tasty goodness that beats the crap out of a store-bought loaf.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Skinner! Why aren't these uniforms colorflashed!?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Booourns posted:

Skinner! Why aren't these uniforms colorflashed!?

do you mean colorfast

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

mojo1701a posted:

"Citizen, your minced bovine meat and wheat-based enclosure with slivers of fried starchy tuber and Diet Coke has been prepared."

"Have an agreeable day."

Solvalou
Aug 31, 2001

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
While I wholeheartedly support dark uniforms because having to keep bright colors clean is a bitch, just make them less scary

Suck a Dick No Homo
Apr 22, 2008
If you think those uniforms are scary or dystopian or anything other than extremely normal, step away from the internet for a few hours you need a break

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I'm a huge fan of monochrome/grayscale clothing, I think they look pretty sharp actually.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Those uniforms look fine, in my opinion. The grey/black will make colors and faces look brighter around them.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Suck a Dick No Homo posted:

If you think those uniforms are scary or dystopian or anything other than extremely normal

You're not looking at this from the perspective of how McDonalds uniforms have traditionally looked.

e: Like, "scary" is overstating it, but this is a weird sharp turn for the company.

Majorian has a new favorite as of 18:27 on Apr 22, 2017

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Jack in the box has similar looking uniforms now I believe. I saw a woman with a jack in the box 'chef' uniform and she looked like someone who worked in the Death Star, not a fast food joint.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i can't see them not clashing horribly against the mcdonald interior colors

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/Discover/status/854802781097656324

(image in case they take it down )

"Discover: Why not get hosed by us?"

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 18:38 on Apr 22, 2017

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008
Black doesn't show stains or grease spots or sweat patches, and is easy to wash, and that's about the long and short of it. Two out of three kitchens I've worked have required black outfits, and the third just provided them.

Maccas probably isn't out to quash the proletariat with this one, though I wouldn't be surprised if most/all franchises required their employees to purchase their new uniforms from select suppliers for vastly inflated prices...but don't worry, they'll helpfully deduct the cost from your next paycheck(s)! unpaid labor? more like unshackled labor!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Tunicate posted:

https://twitter.com/Discover/status/854802781097656324

(image in case they take it down )

"Discover: Why not get hosed by us?"

:corsair: MILENNIALS!

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

LOL if you don't have Enrique knead your dough for you.

But seriously, making bread by hand is the poo poo -- the process is super meditative, at least for me. Having a bread maker might be convenient, but I'd miss the actual process of creation. And then at the end you've got this warm tasty goodness that beats the crap out of a store-bought loaf.

As someone in a small apartment, my bread maker is great in the summer because having the oven on at 400 degrees+ for an hour makes half of the place unlivable. The rest of the year I do it by hand because it tastes much better and isn't much harder, but even bread maker bread is better than most storebought crap and at least cheaper than bakery bread.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Lol just lol if you still eat carbs

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Tired Moritz posted:

i can't see them not clashing horribly against the mcdonald interior colors

Most have been getting redone with more neutral colors lately to look classier

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hmm I didn't even realize that but yeah it changed recently.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

What the heck is that Discover badge symbol supposed to be? All I can take from it is a pastel tangram with decent color composition

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

OutsideAngel posted:

Black doesn't show stains or grease spots or sweat patches, and is easy to wash, and that's about the long and short of it. Two out of three kitchens I've worked have required black outfits, and the third just provided them.

True, but there's a difference between say, a nice black or dark grey polo on the one hand, and uniforms that would't look out of place in "Bioshock's" Rapture, on the other. I think this is a mistake, personally.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

After a long day of annihilating Alderaan and crushing the rebel alliance, sometimes you just wanna relax with a nice burger and some fries.

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008

Majorian posted:

True, but there's a difference between say, a nice black or dark grey polo on the one hand, and uniforms that would't look out of place in "Bioshock's" Rapture, on the other. I think this is a mistake, personally.

Is it the aprons? Because I kind of suspect it's the aprons. Black and grey aprons aren't something that most people see on the reg, so I can get how they might look a little like "futuristic gulag butcher".

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

OutsideAngel posted:

Is it the aprons? Because I kind of suspect it's the aprons. Black and grey aprons aren't something that most people see on the reg, so I can get how they might look a little like "futuristic gulag butcher".

That's 100% what it is for me; I didn't even think about that until you mentioned it. Good eye.:)

Yeah, it looks like a blacksmith's apron. Take it off and you have what looks to me like a tasteful ensemble.

Majorian has a new favorite as of 20:16 on Apr 22, 2017

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Sam Faust posted:

After a long day of annihilating Alderaan and crushing the rebel alliance, sometimes you just wanna relax with a nice burger and some fries.

Now I'm wondering what the uniforms in the cafeterias on the Death Star looked like but no way am I googling that.

Dissociative Donut
Oct 9, 2009

by Pragmatica
All we know about Death Star cafeterias is that all the trays are wet.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I suppose this is fairly tame as far as sexual innuendo goes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9LRpkWmvhg

But that didn't stop me from going "What the Christ, Volkswagen?" when I saw it on regular network TV in prime time earlier tonight.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Those McDonald's uniforms really need some elbow length black rubber gloves to complete the look for protection against grease burns.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rough Lobster posted:

Those McDonald's uniforms really need some elbow length black rubber gloves to complete the look for protection against grease burns.

Man those gloves saved me from horrific burns back in high school. They should indeed be part of the uniform and not an optional thing you get made fun of by everyone from management down for wearing.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I suppose this is fairly tame as far as sexual innuendo goes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9LRpkWmvhg

But that didn't stop me from going "What the Christ, Volkswagen?" when I saw it on regular network TV in prime time earlier tonight.
Reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCYB0lzoofc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mu Zeta posted:

Lol just lol if you still eat carbs

If living means not eating bread, I'd rather die.