Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Was it a My Pillow?

You need to buy like 4 of those at a time and can't buy them individually...so 50 bucks might be a good deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it's this pillow

https://coophomegoods.com

the site says it's BETTER than My Pillow

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ehud posted:

it's this pillow

https://coophomegoods.com

the site says it's BETTER than My Pillow

Its weird how far you have to scroll down on an advertising page for a pillow before they show you the pillow

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Tempur-Pedic is about the only one that works for me. Vermont Country Store makes a really nice flat pillow as well if you're a stomach sleeper.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Flat pillows are the best. My neck isn't all jacked up and poo poo.

Anyone going to Riot Fest?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'm tired of constantly buying new pillows so I'm in the market for good pillows. This is helpful even though I don't know what the gently caress this Vermont store is.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'd love to get an awesome gently caress off bed but it pretty much would require removing all discretionary spending for like a year.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Man.... I miss that King size bed.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

I'm tired of constantly buying new pillows so I'm in the market for good pillows. This is helpful even though I don't know what the gently caress this Vermont store is.

I've found basically any decent 60 dollar memory foam pillow will do the trick.

fsif posted:

I'd love to get an awesome gently caress off bed but it pretty much would require removing all discretionary spending for like a year.

I completely redecorated my apartment last year and splurged on a really nice mattress and it was an amazing purchase. Its worth the investment

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jesus is there any greater realization of the entrance into adulthood than discussing mattress purchases on the internet

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A Man and his dog posted:

Flat pillows are the best.

This is basically the only time you've ever been right.

Give me a pillowcase over a thick piece of cardboard

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I've found basically any decent 60 dollar memory foam pillow will do the trick.

I completely redecorated my apartment last year and splurged on a really nice mattress and it was an amazing purchase. Its worth the investment

I think anything that comes between your body and the ground is always worth spending extra money on. Mattresses, shoes, chairs, sofas.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I think anything that comes between your body and the ground is always worth spending extra money on. Mattresses, shoes, chairs, sofas.

Your mom

Rack em

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
lol just lol if you didn't spend $500 on a nice mattress for you're dog.

A Man and his dog fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 22, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

you're

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Jesus is there any greater realization of the entrance into adulthood than discussing mattress purchases on the internet

I'm trying to lean all the way in now that I'm 30.

Waking up at 8:00 am on a Saturday without a hangover is good now.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

fsif posted:

I'm trying to lean all the way in now that I'm 30.

Waking up at 8:00 am on a Saturday without a hangover is good now.

Welcome 30 club bro

Let's talk investing for retirement

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Welcome 30 club bro

Let's talk investing for retirement

I recommend diversifying from a 100% luchador mask strategy

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My comic books are gonna regain their value sooner or later, these things are cyclical you know.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Today at the gym it was just 200m runs and 5 Curtis P's over and over for 40 mins :chloe:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
There was a hilarious period of time when people thought beanie babies were going to be valuable investments.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I got dragged out last night to the bar around the corner from my apartment and got wasted. I'm so glad I did because now I don't have to go out for another couple months if I don't want to. I need to find my wife and settle down I hate going out other than going out to dinner.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There's a video of a couple getting divorced splitting their beanie baby collection on the floor of the courtroom and it's the most pathetic thing ever.

Also a short documentary about a family that sunk their kids' college funds and every moment of their spare time into beanie babies, and theybstill have them.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Years ago around Christmas time I was leaving a local mall and this lady pulled up in front of me as I was about to enter the parking lot. She was in a beat up station wagon absolutely stuffed with beanie babies. "BEANIE BABIES!??!" she yelped at me. The desperation in her voice was palpable. To her chagrin I declined.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Phobeste posted:

I recommend diversifying from a 100% luchador mask strategy

A fool puts all his investments in one area.

I am also diversifying with my collection of signed wrestling posters

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Try this: https://www.vermontcountrystore.com/slender-bed-pillow/product/43240

It's the flattest pillow I've ever found. Even if you hate it, it's only $25 + shipping. I almost need a second one just to prop my head up for TV viewing, but folding it in half works too.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ask me about my Purple mattress we bought last year....(not bad at all, honestly).

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Buying a quality mattress and sheets is definitely a transition stage into adulthood, as you look back at your younger self and shake your head sadly

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

Ask me about my Purple mattress we bought last year....(not bad at all, honestly).

I keep seeing ads for them and don't get how a rubber grid can be comfy

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Buying a quality mattress and sheets is definitely a transition stage into adulthood, as you look back at your younger self and shake your head sadly

I would straight up buy a race car bed because they own.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I keep seeing ads for them and don't get how a rubber grid can be comfy

We used to have a Tempur-Pedic, and it feels similar to that, at least to me. You sink in the spots you're supposed to and feel support where it is needed. I sleep on my stomach and it feels fine. It is subjectively better for sex, but YMMV.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There was a hilarious period of time when people thought beanie babies were going to be valuable investments.

Yeah

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I had tons of beanie babies but I basically destroyed them through play.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Of course he is wearing white Nu-Balance shoes with black pants.

PrinceRandom posted:

I had tons of beanie babies but I basically destroyed them through play.

Into rough foreplay aye?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I have this thing

http://www.mattressfirm.com/lux-liv...m&sz=24&start=5

It's pretty great

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Also, I worked at McD's when I was 15 and I remember people going batshit insane over the beanie babies that came with happy meals. People would like come and buy the toys and not bother with the actual happy meal.

Those, power ranger toys and the batman the movie glass mugs I remember people fawning over.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

There's a video of a couple getting divorced splitting their beanie baby collection on the floor of the courtroom and it's the most pathetic thing ever.

Also a short documentary about a family that sunk their kids' college funds and every moment of their spare time into beanie babies, and theybstill have them.

If you want to see what this looks like in 30 years, go to Estate sales. In wasp laden New England you can pick up all this incredible corningware and expensive china for pennies on the dollar because only 1950's British wasp boomers care about that stuff and sunk hundreds and thousands of dollars into sets.

If you also want 100 year old british style furniture, buddy have I got good news for you.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I have tried to train my back to sleep on my back for years and just can't do it. Flat pillows are a must for stomach sleeping

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
You can get a nice, individual coil king mattress from Denver mattress for around $1k, so it's not like buying a used car with the tempurpedics. The first thing I did a decade ago when I got a salary was buy myself a decent queen mattress -- so much better than the janky rear end futon or air mattress I used throughout college.

When we moved into the house we bought we upgraded to a king and I've never slept better. It's like having my own mattress again.

And for pillows, I still love a down pillow because i can get it flat for stomach sleeping, or ball it up to watch tv/sleep on my side. That shredded memory foam pillow someone posted seems p legit. May have to check one out.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Neil Armbong posted:

You can get a nice, individual coil king mattress from Denver mattress for around $1k, so it's not like buying a used car with the tempurpedics. The first thing I did a decade ago when I got a salary was buy myself a decent queen mattress -- so much better than the janky rear end futon or air mattress I used throughout college.

When we moved into the house we bought we upgraded to a king and I've never slept better. It's like having my own mattress again.

And for pillows, I still love a down pillow because i can get it flat for stomach sleeping, or ball it up to watch tv/sleep on my side. That shredded memory foam pillow someone posted seems p legit. May have to check one out.

This guy gets it. Also California King size is so great. I don't ever have to touch the wife until I want to :mmmhmm:

Really though, I run hot, she runs cold, so when we are cramped together she is the perfect temp and I'm melting into the mattress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'm glad we're all freaked out about how we're transitioning into adulthood and OK with it. I thought it was just me.

My old boss has a giant collection of Beanie Babies. Her and her sister bought them all during the craze and beyond. Her sister died and said "the only good thing is she died thinking our Beanie Babies were going to make us rich".

• Locked thread