Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I punched my first man to death last night. Then I went on to kill 5 more and finish #3.

Game is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?
Is there a list someplace of all the fashion souls items in the BP crates? I've been saving my spacebux since I'm happy with how my dude looks, but I'm curious about the full list of current items available.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

El_Funko posted:

Is there a list someplace of all the fashion souls items in the BP crates? I've been saving my spacebux since I'm happy with how my dude looks, but I'm curious about the full list of current items available.

I think this is the best way to see what's available atm: https://steamcommunity.com/market/search?q=&appid=578080

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?
Oh right yeah, cheers.

Not including the pre-order crate items, of course.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Ya. I think those are all named some variation of "PLAYERUKNOWN'S Whatever".

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh god I didn't expect the recoil on the Vector to be so high. I used it for the first time and literally pulp fiction missed every single shot on a dude before he turned around and blasted me.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Jeremor posted:

I punched my first man to death last night. Then I went on to kill 5 more and finish #3.

Game is pretty good.

I had a similar game yesterday, easily my best solo.

Landed next to someone in a town, he gets two quick good hits in, I leg it and he chases me literally through the entire town, finally I turn and go for the jump shot and miss, we both back up about 20 paces and sprint towards each other, finally jump-punching each other in mid-air and I get the kill. 6 more kills later I ended up #5. So much fun!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Do the loot crates all have the same chance at loot or do the more expensive ones have rarer stuff?

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
They're all the same.

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?
I'd like to get the camo jacket, but I'm not going to roll the dice to do it. I'll just save my spacebux and hope they add a bunch of cool new poo poo at some later date.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I've always given the revolver a pass when ive come across it, but just now in a duo I dropped onto the roof of the school with 2 other pairs. First weapon i found was the revolver so i grabbed it. Killed 1 duo and one other guy before my team mate got to the roof to kill the 4th with his shotgun.

Ive got 1 solo win so far also, where I only got 1 kill when there was about 50 people left. The circle finished up basically on the north beach of the south island, where I hid floating behind a boat for 4 circles. The guy that came 3rd had an sks and was on a small hill wrecking everyones face that tried to enter the final few circles until the guy that came 2nd managed to get the drop on him before he died to the blue circle closing in on him. I only left my boat for the last circle.

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

I like watching your videos, all. So here's a couple of mine to bore you with!

Felt like hot poo poo here for a minute. Died a couple of minutes after to a grenade - in the middle of a drat field. Closest I got to winning, at #3. I was shaking and had to practice breathing just to hold the mouse still.

https://streamable.com/m7m0y

Another pants-making GBS threads moment for me. Genuinely surprised I got away without a scratch. Was promptly run over by a dune buggy moments later.

https://streamable.com/kbteu

drat that shot felt good.

Don't know if I'm cut out for this line of work. I get the sweats and I don't like conflict!

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

WARNING: boring clips ahead!

Man, this game gets my heart racing even when it is an "easy" kill where I am holed up in a house.

<all kinds of videos which are nice to watch>

I'm the same way, man. Same way.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Welp, the bike is a screamin fast death trap. Just ruined a great start by flipping it and getting launched face first into a tree at 120 km/h. :(

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I like the bike and hope they don't remove the instant kill/down for crashing. Instead, they should make it the fastest vehicle in the game to balance out the risk/reward for riding it.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Safetyland posted:

Felt like hot poo poo here for a minute. Died a couple of minutes after to a grenade - in the middle of a drat field. Closest I got to winning, at #3. I was shaking and had to practice breathing just to hold the mouse still.

https://streamable.com/m7m0y

Nice man. In a field, surrounded by others? I would definitely whiff every shot and blow myself up with that nade. Nah, I would not even remember I have a grenade and be too scared to go into my inventory to equip it anyway.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

There are 126k people playing this right now.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
I always forget to hold my breath because I've happened to never play games with that mechanic AFAIK.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Fought two off of a crate with a fully decked UMP, got a 15x for my AR and everything I could ever want. Everything but an AR suppressor which is what ultimately got me killed. I haven't seen one in days...

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

rap music posted:

There are 126k people playing this right now.

drat, it's still growing. H1Z1 is still doing good numbers too, which would suggest that PUBG is attracting a crapload of new players to the genre (I'm one of them) and that can only be a good thing.

It's surely only a matter of time until we see a AAA BR game announced, surely. There's just too much money here now for the execs not to be eyeing it up.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

How do you dive underwater?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Admiral Joeslop posted:

just look down and w

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Hold C

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

This game is intense. Just played my first round and managed to land on the top of a 3 story building, looting an uzi and a bunch of meds on the way down. I hear a ton of fighting in the courtyard outside the building and see at least 4 people get killed below me. I slowly creep out of the bottom of the building and stumble into someone who is clearly looting someone else. I pop off a single round of my uzi, not realizing it doesn't come full auto from the start, and he spins around and pops a shotgun round in my direction, missing me entirely. Clicking frantically I eventually manage to down him with single shot uzi fire. As I'm checking out his loot another guy comes out of the woodwork and blasts my face with a handgun. Great game, heart pumping etc.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

rap music posted:

Fought two off of a crate with a fully decked UMP, got a 15x for my AR and everything I could ever want. Everything but an AR suppressor which is what ultimately got me killed. I haven't seen one in days...

I don't think you're alone in that. Suppressors seem to be one or two per match now. Reasonable, considering they're the closest thing the game has to an "I Win" button.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 22, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Nothing is more frustrating than dying in the top 5 to a guy who is outside the circle behind you and who dies instantly after. Pretty lovely.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Nothing is more frustrating than dying in the top 5 to a guy who is outside the circle behind you and who dies instantly after. Pretty lovely.

I think it might not be a bad idea to make the last few circles insta-death, in the early game it's fair to be able to make a tactical choice to move out of the circle to flank but in the late game you're gonna die in 10 seconds anyway.

An alternative which might be more balanced is to have a 'spasms' effect that really impairs your aim.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

emanresu tnuocca posted:

An alternative which might be more balanced is to have a 'spasms' effect that really impairs your aim.

When you are outside the circle but close still, there is a shimmer effect that makes you see in triple. They should at least increase that effect.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Dropped onto the warehouse on Rozhok and grabeed a micro uzi. Killed a guy who was sprinting for the shotgun in the same warehouse. In the next house I found a surpressor. Decided to ditch my usual loadout of rifle + 686 and went fuckin rambo with the uzi.

:getin:

Then I died gunning for a supply drop. The guy 1 shot me with an S12K because my armour was ruined but I was a hairs breadth from killing him though.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ever since the patch messed with the foliage settings, I've noticed that a lot of people I snipe at from distance immediately hit prone. On their screen they're probably in the middle of a field of tall grass, but from 500m away they're just laying there on empty ground, fully visible.

E: I've also been getting an annoying crash sorta thing after games end. The menu screen will come up with the music, but it just hangs there. I can't alt-f4, and if I try to bring up task manager the game will always steal focus and I can't end the process. All I can do is press the Windows key and restart the computer. Really irritating.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 22, 2017

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Bardeh posted:

Ever since the patch messed with the foliage settings, I've noticed that a lot of people I snipe at from distance immediately hit prone. On their screen they're probably in the middle of a field of tall grass, but from 500m away they're just laying there on empty ground, fully visible.

E: I've also been getting an annoying crash sorta thing after games end. The menu screen will come up with the music, but it just hangs there. I can't alt-f4, and if I try to bring up task manager the game will always steal focus and I can't end the process. All I can do is press the Windows key and restart the computer. Really irritating.

I fix this by opening task manager, then going into task view and right clicking on task manager and choosing 'move to new desktop', then you can end task from there, and then go back to desktop 1.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Bardeh posted:

Yeah I really hope that's something they can fix in the future. Having less cover because you're far away is real dumb.

I just had maybe the dumbest opening kill ever. I parachuted into the school right next to some dude and we chased each other around throwing futile punches. I then realized we were standing right on top of a shotgun so I hammered on the pick up button multiple times while it laggily equipped the gun and ammo. Then I stood still loading while he punched me and blew him away.

All in all he landed probably five hits but it didn't matter because the melee combat is terrible.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

El_Funko posted:

I'd like to get the camo jacket, but I'm not going to roll the dice to do it. I'll just save my spacebux and hope they add a bunch of cool new poo poo at some later date.

They will wipe your points before that happens more likely

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah I really hope that's something they can fix in the future. Having less cover because you're far away is real dumb.

It's also not like it's a problem inherent to the engine or something either. Squad uses the same build of Unreal and it renders thick fields of grass and crops kilometers out. In that game, if you're taking fire in a wheat field hitting the deck is actually a pretty great idea. You're gonna be pinned as gently caress, but if you want you can slowly crawl away, hope the guy with the machinegun gets bored, or your allies suppress him etc. In this game doing the same just makes you an easier kill.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

yesterday i stole a crate with a 249 and a ghili suit then hid in a bush blasting everyone who came near then died to the circle because i forgot about that part

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Bardeh posted:

I had that issue as well. Turns out you can put task manager to "Always on top" in the file menu and it won't lose focus.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

why do people get so nervous in regards to killing poo poo it's not that hard tbh

just kill them before they can get away is my esports tip of the day

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Only engage if you know you can win and that there probably isn't someone who can immediately see you, other wise it's better to stalk or ignore

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

why do people get so nervous in regards to killing poo poo it's not that hard tbh

just kill them before they can get away is my esports tip of the day

i think its mostly people who dont know how to choose fights, like they're remembering that one time they attacked that single dude (while standing in the middle of a field and the dude is behind a wall) and they got slaughtered and they dont get it it was 2v1!!!

so instead they hide in buildings at the top of stairs with a shotgun aimed at the door while prone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Bardeh posted:

drat, it's still growing. H1Z1 is still doing good numbers too, which would suggest that PUBG is attracting a crapload of new players to the genre (I'm one of them) and that can only be a good thing.

It's surely only a matter of time until we see a AAA BR game announced, surely. There's just too much money here now for the execs not to be eyeing it up.

Some of it could be people like me that enjoyed dayz and Arma battle Royale but we're turned off by the arcade style h1z1 with everyone bunny hopping around.

I appreciate that pubg is more tactical, now we just need locked first person.

• Locked thread