Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

It's the same figure the dude is painting, which doesn't have the second bolter yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

LordAba posted:

bolters, neck

sorry about your impending blindness, i guess?

knees have the same extended edge above the patella plate, feet have the same armored ridge towards the ankle joint

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Milky Moor posted:

please be quiet TheChirugeon

look at the ankles, knees, bolters, neck

No, you shut the gently caress up, dad

*shrug* Yeah, they do look like the same group. Not sold that they're much bigger than the most recent marine models, though

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
long bolters are cool

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Milky Moor posted:

knees have the same extended edge above the patella plate, feet have the same armored ridge towards the ankle joint

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head,_Shoulders,_Knees_and_Toes

Which is a lot more tasteful than the My Neck My Back joke I was going to make, honestly.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
I think they are only slightly taller, but the big thing is they are way more proportional so they look bigger. Long Bolters, Tiny Shoulder pads and Better Leg Torso Ratio are cool and good.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
and thus, sisters were never mentioned again, and dark eldar became part of eldar

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

c'mon

invalidate every marine army with different scale marines

do it you absolute loving madmen

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It won't invalidate every marine army though! Look, they're right here in this PDF, available for everyone to keep playing with all their lesser stats!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i'm genuinely sure that for every marine player who might finally give up as their army becomes irrelevant, three more will buy a whole new force

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Kithkar posted:

I think they are only slightly taller, but the big thing is they are way more proportional so they look bigger. Long Bolters, Tiny Shoulder pads and Better Leg Torso Ratio are cool and good.
Now that it's finally happening, I'm going to miss manlet marines.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Lol does that mean Old Games Workshop were liars and charlatans?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Clawtopsy posted:

i'm genuinely sure that for every marine player who might finally give up as their army becomes irrelevant, three more will buy three whole new forces each

ftfy

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bad Moon posted:

I mean, yeah

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Bad Moon posted:

The old GW stood on the edge of a pit.
The new GW is making bold steps forward.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Pierzak posted:

The old GW stood on the edge of a pit.
The new GW is making bold steps forward.

imagine four games workshops standing on the edge of a cliff

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Bad Moon posted:

Frankly GW accepting that they hosed up and realizing that they need as much of a fresh start as their games isn't a bad thing.

The big question is whether or not they gently caress up the fresh start.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I mean, fantasy needed a big change, too, but uh, not age of sigmor.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Years ago I'd have been super excited for new space marines that actually towered over cadians instead of vice versa

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I think tall marineslook cool but lol at having them and heroic scale stumpmarines side by side.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Clawtopsy posted:

i'm genuinely sure that for every marine player who might finally give up as their army becomes irrelevant, three more will buy a whole new force

this is 1009% likely to happen

hail satan

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

http://imgur.com/a/4KgNj

Three factions only

Age of Emporer ahoy

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Looking forward to my Grand Alliance: Xenos army with Orrukks, T'au, and Aelderiei.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Crackbone posted:

http://imgur.com/a/4KgNj

Three factions only

Age of Emporer ahoy

?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

There's lots of factions, it's actually 3 Grand Alliances :science:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I can't wait to see all the subfactions come out of this! Xenofaction -> Space Orruks -> Grot Faction -> literally 2 models.

Milky Moor posted:

:allears:
Yeah, it was the "knees and toes" song joke.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

The timing makes me think Ronnie still have some trusted sources at GW.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Better proportioned marines is a good thing, their super serious Grimdark games will look less goofy. Now they will have to start making the vehicles less goofy to match though.

If existing codices are going to be incompatible that is a strong sign that they are making significant rules changes in an effort to improve gameplay and balance.

If they can actually pull it off, or at least be said to have objectively reduced the legacy issues by a significant margin, then that would be a good thing.

Unless they utterly screw it up, it will be a good year for 40k as marine armies get upgraded and books get shifted I'm bulk as rules and new codices roll out.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
A new rhino kit could either piss off a ton of players or sell a billion kits.

Actually both, probably.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This thread is still terrible, but I find it inpossible to insult when the Star Citizen thread exists. How did this thread present Blood Bowl coming back as bad, by the way?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

A lot of people were irritated because GW got all the community/legacy stuff pulled across the web, which seemed harsh given that it was all those people that kept the game alive. Then I think they didn't actually use many of the developments from the community editions. There were probably other things.

Maybe GW will do something right with 40k. Last time they did a complete revamp in 3ed it did improve the game a lot. They just didn't stick to it.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
hmm, looks like all that poo poo people here were predicting gw would do, gw decided to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDYBL70eReo

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

its been predicted and welcomed everywhere lol, including by most 40k players.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

hmm, looks like all that poo poo people here were predicting gw would do, gw decided to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDYBL70eReo

I'm surprised that the new marines turned out to be real.

I'm pleasantly surprised that they're wiping the slate clean, because 7th edition rules were a garbage fire mess. Now the question is whether the new rules will actually be OK or just another step in their odd march back toward the game's lovely 2nd edition rules

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i appreciate that they released 3 50 dollar splatbooks without any official warning that the rules in them would be worthless a couple months later

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

i appreciate that they released 3 50 dollar splatbooks without any official warning that the rules in them would be worthless a couple months later

Pfft you think that would have stopped 40k fans from buying them if they had?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Spoiler alert the pages don't go blank the second 8th launches.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
:siren: Relive the glory days when you were an idiot child and played GW games. Take this poo poo off my hands! :siren:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818054#post471634082

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

Fsmhunk posted:

This thread is still terrible, but I find it inpossible to insult when the Star Citizen thread exists. How did this thread present Blood Bowl coming back as bad, by the way?

Roll a die and lose your turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ijyt posted:

Spoiler alert the pages don't go blank the second 8th launches.

quote:

What happens to my codexes?
The rules in our current range of Warhammer 40,000 codexes aren’t compatible with the new edition of Warhammer 40,000. These books will be going off sale very soon. If you do want to pick any up, now’s the time – as all of the great hobby content and background information will be as valid as ever.

im starting to see exactly why it is youre unemployed :yeah:

• Locked thread