Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

RA Rx posted:

Have you considered turning over Angola to a friendly country and running it as a shadow colony?

Not realistic, but it could be fun to conquer Africa bit by bit.

There's precedence for mercenaries taking over African countries. Unfortunately it doesn't end terribly well for anyone involved. If I can think of an entertaining way for us to have a "friendly" government we could roll with that. But I'd rather go as we have been and let the nation building part play out in the background, if at all.

I'll definitely let the plans get revised as you guys see fit. There won't be any new intel. The mission is built, I finished Rohan goes crazy script. The scenario just needs a bit of polishing up now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I to am backing first impressions.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

First Impressions :bandwagon:

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

RA Rx posted:

Have you considered turning over Angola to a friendly country and running it as a shadow colony?

Not realistic, but it could be fun to conquer Africa bit by bit.

You mean doing what China already has been doing with Africa for the last 30 years?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Setting up nationstates is beyond the scope the game, extortion however ... :unsmigghh:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

As long as the Count provides us with a safe harbor and a steady supply of fissile material he can build his nation however he wants, that's not our job.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'll go with First Impressions

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
do keep in mind we are mercs, not the brotherhood of nod. so I don't think we are taking over continents unless we discover some extremely valuable alien space rocks capable of completely changing the world's economy forever. :V

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Thefluffy posted:

do keep in mind we are mercs, not the brotherhood of nod. so I don't think we are taking over continents unless we discover some extremely valuable alien space rocks capable of completely changing the world's economy forever. :V

I like to think that we are Nod meets Outer Heaven.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Baloogan pls add Tiberium

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

aphid_licker posted:

Baloogan pls add Tiberium

And Metal Gears

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Operation First Impressions is a go.

I'm hoping to give it a shot tonight, but if I run out of time maybe tomorrow. The scenario is pretty straight forward. The other 4 factions are all active doing "things" as well. Some to us, some to other people. It should prove to be a damned bloody affair.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Loel posted:

Setting up nationstates is beyond the scope the game, extortion however ... :unsmigghh:

Take a small Caribbean island and then play Tropico....

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

If we ever need a foothold in a small country someone can just LP Jagged Alliance 2.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

Take a small Caribbean island and then play Tropico....

+1 for that Let's Play. Maybe once you float the Tokyo Bay Fortress and assault Pearl.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Taking land is always a hassle, it's full of people and some weird "government" thing. It's far better to make land.

Seasteading is the future. A massive raft built around something that can be used as an aircraft carrier. Hydroponics. Aquaponics. Humanitarian aid - homes and jobs for refugees, on the free and wild ocean! Or sea. A large lake might be better.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Taking land is always a hassle, it's full of people and some weird "government" thing. It's far better to make land.

Seasteading is the future. A massive raft built around something that can be used as an aircraft carrier. Hydroponics. Aquaponics. Humanitarian aid - homes and jobs for refugees, on the free and wild ocean! Or sea. A large lake might be better.

Mobile Offshore Bases do exist in CMANO. And frankly "our own floating hypercarrier" sounds much better than the return of the militarist imperialist puppeteers.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
"Other four factions"? Who else is there again?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Nuramor posted:

Count, Dictator, Reddit, Rohan.

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

Nuramor posted:

Dictator, Free State, SMARF, Sultans. I think.

Eagerly awaiting the scenario :)

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Davin Valkri posted:

Mobile Offshore Bases do exist in CMANO. And frankly "our own floating hypercarrier" sounds much better than the return of the militarist imperialist puppeteers.

It also needs flight capability :colbert:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Loel posted:

It also needs flight capability :colbert:
Land capability would also be acceptable. Legs, tracks, doesn't really matter.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Davin Valkri posted:

Honestly I'd much rather have our own floating hypercarrier period. That's infinitely cooler than any other base we could "acquire."

Though I agree with my fellow posters that it needs omni-terrain capabilites.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Dr. Snark posted:

Honestly I'd much rather have our own floating hypercarrier period. That's infinitely cooler than any other base we could "acquire."

Though I agree with my fellow posters that it needs omni-terrain capabilites.

So we need a floating double Yamato hull with an aircraft carrier deck between them with all terrain tracks underneath. And you guys thought a frigate was expensive.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Yooper posted:

So we need a floating double Yamato hull with an aircraft carrier deck between them with all terrain tracks underneath. And you guys thought a frigate was expensive.

I keep saying we need to rob Angola for that reason.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Holy poo poo. That Gorgon Stare pod on the MQ-9B is unreal.

I won't change the scenario to adjust but wow, that things a game changer.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yooper posted:

In our favour, right?

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Loel posted:

I keep saying we need to rob Angola for that reason.

Nah, we should go into Dr Congo for the uranium mines

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Quinntan posted:

I fully endorse starting Africa War Two

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011

Quinntan posted:

I don't think the good doctor will like if we dive into his "uranium" mine.

I just checked the Gorgon stare and goddamn what a recon pod, especially at day time, ~40 nm detection limit, ~18 miles classifiaction and ~6 miles it can read the fine print of a contract.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Stago Lego posted:

I don't think the good doctor will like if we dive into his "uranium" mine.

Ah now, what's the worst that could happen?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I hope to first impress some bombs on something?

Also, how recent do the museum holiday photos have to be?

I can whip up some poo poo if you give me three years of leeway. If stuff need to be at least this year, I am probably better suited for the other thread...

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

JcDent posted:

I hope to first impress some bombs on something?

Also, how recent do the museum holiday photos have to be?

I can whip up some poo poo if you give me three years of leeway. If stuff need to be at least this year, I am probably better suited for the other thread...

If I can whip up a good backstory I don't care if they're Grandpa's from when he was station at Thule AFB in 1963.

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011

Quinntan posted:

Ah now, what's the worst that could happen?

We might hit oil!

Yooper, how long do you need to make one of these scenario's?

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Stago Lego posted:

We might hit oil!

On top of that, are you actually coding in missions or does CMANO have a mission editor that you are using? I was curious how these missions were actually made!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yooper posted:

And a sweet loving name.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Yeah, Gorgon Stare is pretty much the dopest name possible for that sort of thing.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Stago Lego posted:

We might hit oil!

Depends on the complexity and how clever I want to get. The first two Tibet scenarios went together quick, the third one took a bit longer as I tried to get some new scripts into the mix. It took me maybe an hour or two to build the entirety of Angola's air, radar, and SAM infrastructure. So maybe 3 hours tops? Plus a few more to test it and make sure I don't set a WRA wrong and no one shoots or the MLRS's go to machine gun range and don't fire rockets.

Jimmy4400nav posted:

On top of that, are you actually coding in missions or does CMANO have a mission editor that you are using? I was curious how these missions were actually made!

There's a scenario editor that you can do a ton of stuff with. In addition you can use Lua scripts to get even more flexible. The more I'm playing with it the more stuff I'm discovering I can do. Basically I set sides, add facilities, assign them as needed, propagate aircraft, set mission areas, and whammo, let em go to town. To add some variance I usually set multiple missions and set them to be random. For example the JF-17's in our 2nd mission only had a 30% chance to enter the battle. That way it's exciting and interesting for me to run it too.

Yooper fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 22, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Im near Dallas and theres like 4 air museums here. Anything there I should grab?

http://fortworthaviationmuseum.com/our-aircraft/
http://www.flightmuseum.com/aircraft-3/
http://www.cwam.org/wiki/index.php/Aircraft?useskin=museum
https://www.cavflight.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=119

Loel fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

If we're talking museum photos, I think I have some photos from my trip to ESAM last year I could throw up. It's mostly early cold war stuff, but I'm sure there's something there we could use.

LostCosmonaut fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 22, 2017