Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Mycroft Holmes posted:

there was that earlier confession about the guy who did something with a 13yo when he was 15. why didnt you guys pounce on him?

there are romeo and juliet laws and let me go on and on for paragraphs about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
EGG

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
BEES

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
🐣🐝🐝

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Suck a Dick No Homo posted:

Daisy Fuentes is real!!!

😍

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Sjs00 posted:

yoga pants girl goon should have rented a boat

This page is just full of Always Sunny references :)

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Indolent Bastard posted:

People are pork, so just use the same pairings you would with a swine sausage. A rich Chardonnay with good acidity works well, but sweeter wines are also good options so a Riesling should pair well.

Glaze that pork/goon belly in Guinness/Cider. Also matches extremely well with a medium-dry cider or a hoppy IPA.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

loquacius posted:

I brought ur mom a nice chianti last time I gave her some human sausage and she seemed pretty happy with it

Mum's the word on mom jokes, Loquaa. Enjoy your vacation.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

In high school I was bored and liked screwing around on AIM, so I made a fake account that was a girl. I mostly used it to gently caress around with my friends, saying I had a crush on them. Amazing how easy it was to fool your buddies back then just by using a fake name and writing in purple text. I'd prank them for a bit, then be like "here's a picture of me" and link them to goatse or lemon party or tubgirl or something. Classic high school boy stuff.

Then somebody IM'd me once, with the ol' classic "a/s/l". I assumed it was one of my friends trying to prank me back, so I wrote "15/f/ur mom's house lol". Well long story short, it turned out this guy lived about 100 miles away from me but was "rich and powerful" and wanted to date a young girl "without any baggage that old women get". He was 51 years old. I was slightly creeped out but mostly found this hilarious at the time, so I let it continue and just saved all the chatlogs.

The guy made multiple attempts to have me send him nude photos, asked for me to perform multiple bizarre sex things, and was overall an enormous creep and, looking back, super dangerous.

I eventually got too creeped out and tried to end it, but he insisted we meet. I had stupidly given my general location before, so I couldn't lie my way out of it, so I said to meet me at a Pizza Hut a few miles away. I should have just blocked him and deleted that account, but I was a dumb kid in way over my head. I'll never forget the last message he sent 'Looking forward to eating some pizza. Then eating you later ;)" He asked for a cell phone number, I said I didn't have one, and that was that.

This dude drove 100 miles to meet a 15 year old girl that he never even saw a picture of. I don't know what compels a person like that, I don't want to know. I waited inside Pizza Hut and saw him come in, I recognized him from the dozens of pictures he sent. He looked around and sat down in the waiting area.

So I go up to him and say "Are you Eddie?" he says yeah and I start calling him a pedophile. Really yelling it out and everybody in the restaurant is looking at this point. He bolts out of there and I'm still yelling and I see people in their cars stopping to stare. He gets in his car and starts driving off and, being full of teenage stupidity and anger and a certain feeling like I was performing some great justice, I get in my car and follow him.

I'm honking the horn at him as he heads towards the highway and my heart is racing like mad. I'm hoping to attract a cop or at least somebody in some position of authority to attack this guy. He pulls off at the next exit, and I follow. I stop honking and fall back a bit, and I see him pull into an empty parking lot near a church a few miles off the highway. I see him get out his cell phone and I pull in the lot and start chucking little pebbles from the parking lot at him. I'm yelling "loving pedophile freak bastard motherfucker kidtoucher piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat burn in hell" as I'm throwing and I remember rocks hitting his face and cutting him up a bit.

He goes to get in his car again and I chuck a massive decorative rock at his windshield and it leaves a crater in the glass. He's confused and I tackle him to the ground and start beating on him with my fists. It's a blur at the time and it's still a blur now but I remember my knuckles getting bloody and hearing cartilage snap as I pulverized his nose. The whole time I'm still yelling and screaming and tears were running down my face and looking back, I'm Ralphie from A Christmas Story beating on Scut Farkus.

And I just keep hitting this guy and kicking him in his soft middle and yelling and yelling. And he stops fighting back and stops resisting and just lays there and takes it for a bit. I eventually gain my composure again and just stop. I get in my car and go home and realize, alarmingly, that it's been almost an hour since I met this guy at Pizza Hut.

I go home, wash up, and tell my parents I got hurt playing street hockey.

quote:

Sometimes I resent my fiancee. She and I don't have a lot in common. Sometimes we consume the same media. She has lots of friends outside of me and to be honest I don't, I didn't grow up in this area and am terrible at meeting people and making friends. She wants me to go out and meet people but my hobbies are nerdy poo poo and I don't really like hanging out with other nerds. I don't know what to do. I hope this resentment is stress-related and temporary because getting a divorce is gonna suck and I'm too chickenshit to quit by the time we get married.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Haha for all he knew you were the older brother of the girl or something. Anyway good work :)

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
🎶Eleanor Eggbee died in the church and was buried along with her time husk🎶

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Fiancé goon, you don't have to marry a person you don't like. In fact, you probably should not marry a person you do not like

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
but change is scaaaary

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Sounds like he resents her because she has friends and he doesn't. If he met some people this might not be a problem.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

It's not clear that's the primary concern. The confession begins with them having very little in common, besides, "liking some of the same media".

But I do agree that if it is just an issue of making friends, then that's something he should either rectify, get therapy emote, or find someone who's socialization doesn't stress him out or whatever the hell is going on

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
That marriage will blow up within a year, might as well :sever: now and find a real hobby and friends will come naturally after that (or won't, but at least you'll have a hobby to enjoy)

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Sometimes people are kind of lonely in one aspect of their life, and so acclimated to it that they don't realize how bad it is until they meet someone else whose life is not like this. Whether it is like this guy who doesn't have friends, or like some people who have dysfunctional relationships with their families while their partners have great ones, resentment can sometimes build up.

It is important he goes out there and at least tries to make friends, because your spouse can't be your everything; its not fair to them that they have to be the equivalent of a bunch of friends/associates that a more social person would have to balance themselves. People should be close to their partner but have a part of their life outside just the confines of their partner as well, I think that is completely normal and healthy.

I do have sympathy for trying to make friends later in life, because I think it is harder once you are out of school and less likely to be surrounded by people of a similar age/interests as you are. I drifted away from some of my older friends because they were too nerdy for my tastes, and found that people in their 30s and 40s are either not nerdy at all or full blown turbonerds.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
An open relationship seems the obvious solution

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My wife and I moved to her home city about 4 years ago, from my hometown, and most of the people we've met are through her. My main two friends are back home. And by main two friends, I mean the two guys I can call up almost literally whenever, ask anything of, and they're totally down for it. Everyone else is a varying level of acquaintance, really. And I'm actually fine with that. Well, I was more fine with it when I wasn't 9 hours away from them.

Whatever, I'm 34, have two kids, I no longer expect to find another group of guys (or girls) who share my general mixture of interests. If I do, great, bit even then, those new people won't be my friends back home with 10-20 years of friendship behind us.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Clockwerk posted:

Fiancé goon, you don't have to marry a person you don't like. In fact, you probably should not marry a person you do not like

Why can't people just loving take this to heart

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

This is from like 5 pages ago, but:

Leprechaun goon posted:

Leprechauns in the oldest stories are small invisible drunken assholes. They will break things and hurt people unless they have a steady stream of alcohol and entertainment.

Leprechauns are not invisible, nor are they assholes. Not even in the oldest stories.

Michael Page, Robert Ingpen "The Encyclopedia of Things That Never Were" posted:

Unlike other fairies, a leprechaun may be seen quite easily by mortals. Those who have seen one describe him as a merry little fellow dressed in green, with a red cap, leather apron, and buckled shoes.

The Mighty Moltres fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 22, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I work at a movie theater and I like to smell the seats after the movies clear out. Only seats where cute girls were sitting, I'm not completely deranged.

I've said this before, but fetishes based around smelling sweat are just the most incomprehensible thing to me

quote:

I grew up with every advantage possible. White, straight male for one. Rich parents for another - dad was a lawyer, mom's family was wealthy from a grandparent in the 20s investing in railroads. We lived in a mansion, we traveled the world, I went to a private school and had private tutors for anything I found difficult.

And now I'm posting on SA all day while I rot away in a lovely apartment. Finished high school no problem, and my parents made sure I got into a good college. But I screwed that up. Got a girl pregnant really early on, stopped going to class. My parents paid to make the girl disappear but it still didn't help me finish school. So I flunked my first year. Parents paid to fix that (amazing what a donation to a school can do) but I just flunked the next year. I had dreams of becoming a lawyer but had no chance of getting into law school or passing the bar exam at this rate.

I spent the next 2 years traveling through Europe to clear my mind and center myself. Mom and Dad paid. Got a girl pregnant in Brussels, thankfully my parents were able to hush her as well. But at that point they told me to come home or risk being cut off.

Starting working as an intern at Dad's law firm. Made some pretty big mistakes, lost them a few clients. Dad said I must be bored, gave me some more responsibilities to keep my mind going. Started a fire in the office one night I was working late. Unfortunately destroyed a hard drive and burnt a lot of documents pertaining to a $45 million dollar lawsuit against our biggest client. So I lost our biggest client. Which led to layoffs. Which led to me getting fired. Which led to my dad getting laid off. Which led to my parents divorcing.

Dad ate a bullet a few months later. He was so used to the lap of luxury with mom, I think having to live a "normal" life and setting budgets and things just broke his brain.

Mom made me get an apartment but gave me a budget. Unfortunately I got another girl pregnant - if you're sensing a pattern, it's because I'm allergic to latex and don't like wearing condoms in general. This girl refused to just go away, and with Dad out of the picture mom just had money, not legal skills to throw at her. So yeah. I'm paying 1200 dollars a month to some whore, when I should have just used my hand to jerk off that night I was horny.

Mom has me working at a Chick Fil A franchise she owns. I'm on multiple probations for missing work, forgetting to lock up, and coming up short on the register. So I'll probably get fired here too. And, to top things off, I've been seeing a girl I work with and have a terrible feeling she might be pregnant.

I'm the worst goon. Had every opportunity for success and ruined it, ruining multiple other lives with me.

I'm pretty sure every child of extremely rich parents is at best mediocre yeah

I dunno how it's possible to grow up all silver-spoon style and end up with the requisite emotional depth to give a poo poo about anything at all, honestly. I think if you're actually 1% megarich the only way to have your kid turn out normal is to only let them know how rich you are once they're finished developing into an adult. Probably the richest way to raise a kid that makes sense is to get a normal-sized house in some super-gentrified neighborhood which has one of those elite public schools that's full of other rich kids all knifing each other to get into AP classes, etc etc. That way they're privileged in a way that will definitely help them, but they won't notice the extent of it unless they're really paying attention. Raise your kids like you're Donald Trump and you'll end up with Donald Trump Jr for a kid, and nobody wants that.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Failson goon, have you thought about

The Army

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

$ $ $T R A P L O R D $ $ $

CheesyDog posted:

The Army

The KISS army fucc u mom and dad

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

CheesyDog posted:

The Army

He already has enough kids as it is. No sense in putting him in an organization that sends him around the world so he can get more chicks pregnant.

At this point he should get a vasectomy. It's cheaper than whatever he's doing now. Even if he joined the Army after that he'll still wash out. He has zero drive. The military can help someone be driven but can't give them the drive when they have none.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

limp_cheese posted:

He already has enough kids as it is. No sense in putting him in an organization that sends him around the world so he can get more chicks pregnant.

At this point he should get a vasectomy. It's cheaper than whatever he's doing now. Even if he joined the Army after that he'll still wash out. He has zero drive. The military can help someone be driven but can't give them the drive when they have none.

Well, he has a sex drive. Apparently he's too stupid to find out if such things as latex-free condoms exist.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"Get a vasectomy" is actually really onpoint advice for failson goon, come to think of it

Like, it was presented in a semi-joking manner but that's probably the most utility he will get out of a single act. Even therapy probably won't help him

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

therattle posted:

Well, he has a sex drive. Apparently he's too stupid to find out if such things as latex-free condoms exist.

There are some made of sheep skin but they do not protect against STDs. One can only hope confessor doesn't realize this and dies of super AIDS in the near future

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

loquacius posted:

"Get a vasectomy" is actually really onpoint advice for failson goon, come to think of it

Like, it was presented in a semi-joking manner but that's probably the most utility he will get out of a single act. Even therapy probably won't help him

That or get some polyurethane condoms and get over disliking them.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Radical and BADical! posted:

There are some made of sheep skin but they do not protect against STDs. One can only hope confessor doesn't realize this and dies of super AIDS in the near future

There is a huge range of latex free conforms available but yes, let's hope he gets bad ones

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
How does such a failure of a human being find women willing to get close enough to him to get impregnated in the first place?

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
How the hell do you start a fire in a lawyer's office? And if you destroyed a hard drive in the process it means the whole computer had to burn like a torch. At that point you've basically destroyed the whole office, not just a hard drive and some documents.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Doctor Malaver posted:

How the hell do you start a fire in a lawyer's office? And if you destroyed a hard drive in the process it means the whole computer had to burn like a torch. At that point you've basically destroyed the whole office, not just a hard drive and some documents.

It could be an external hard drive.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Panfilo posted:

How does such a failure of a human being find women willing to get close enough to him to get impregnated in the first place?

No one said what caliber of woman he was finding.

If the dude has enough Faygo and makeup, jugglettes are an option.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Fiction Writer posted:

I spent the next 2 years traveling through Europe to clear my mind and center myself. Mom and Dad paid. Got a girl pregnant in Brussels, thankfully my parents were able to hush her as well.

Why bother paying her off, she's in Brussels. What is she going to do, convince the country to declare war? No wait, Brussels is a city-state, they can't declare war on their own.

(My entire knowledge of the world is from playing Civ.)

Fiction Writer posted:

Starting working as an intern at Dad's law firm. Made some pretty big mistakes, lost them a few clients. Dad said I must be bored, gave me some more responsibilities to keep my mind going. Started a fire in the office one night I was working late. Unfortunately destroyed a hard drive and burnt a lot of documents pertaining to a $45 million dollar lawsuit against our biggest client. So I lost our biggest client. Which led to layoffs. Which led to me getting fired. Which led to my dad getting laid off.

1) No way does a law firm hire interns who aren't in law programs, even if Daddy works there.

2) No way does an intern get put on anything that important.

3) Any remotely competent firm will have any valuable data protected by multiple redundant backups.

4) Most law firms don't file lawsuits against their clients.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
if a client of your law firm gets sued the firm probably has some documents about it

Antifa Sarkeesian
Jun 4, 2009

yo les digo que no, que no soy la madre de nadie, pero que, eso si, los conozco a todos, a todos los jóvenes poetas del DF, a los que nacieron aquí y a los que llegaron de provincias, y a los que el oleaje trajo de otros lugares de Latinoamérica, y que los quiero a todos
lol @ "paying 1200 a month to some whore." yeah the nerve of that whore for wanting to get a little bit of money out of some rich fucker who knocked her up and then tried to dip out immediately. never met a rich person who didn't deserve death.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Panfilo posted:

Well he calls them whores so maybe he's being literal and using the trust fund money on hookers.

Sounds like he's a real slut tho

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Getting pregnant seeks antithetical to a hooker's business model though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I work for the New England Patriots' social media team. There was a slight kerfuffle in the media recently. Some of the organization attended the White House, a photo came out showing that there were significantly less people there than in 2015, and we issued a statement that basically said "Nah there's just as many people here."

I can tell you that this directive came right from the top and was spurned by President Trump himself emailing someone high up in the organization to change it. Apparently he was incredibly offended by the idea that President Obama was more popular with the Patriots after Trump claimed to be a huge fan of the organization.

I really wish I had a funny email or something from Trump, but that's all I've got. Still pretty hilarious to me, though. Who knew being President was just a giant dick waving contest?

speaking as a Pats fan and a Trump hater none of this seems unlikely to me in the least

quote:

I had a dream where my folks and I watched Manchester-by-the-sea. Right after the movie finished, my mom had a meltdown, stole a car from the parking lot, and became a vigilante

I had another dream where I had a meltdown because I developed sexual feelings for my teenage daughter because she was the spitting image of my dead wife. Best part was me live-posting on E/N for any sort of help. I'm 23 IRL.

y'know you can tell people about your weird dreams in-person and stuff, no need for anonymity there

here's a third one bc these two are both p short

quote:

A woman once tried to hire me to steal a baby. Apparently her ex-husband and his new wife had just had a baby, and the crazy woman was convinced it was "hers" so she looked up random local security/PI contractors and wound up in my office (note that my company did IT and information security, accounts, video monitoring etc. nothing to do with kidnapping, babies, or kidnapping babies).

Uhh I didn't take that job and recommended that she consult with a family law attorney. I also never reported her to the police or anyone since I had no idea what her name was. I'd like to think that if she'd tried stealing the baby herself or gotten some idiot try that it would have made the local but that never happened so its a complete unknown.