Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Does Tabletop Simulator have rules enforcement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

djfooboo posted:

Does Tabletop Simulator have rules enforcement?

Nope. Main rules enforcement is your opponent yelling at you when you mess up.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Mega Man PT is pretty dope. With the notable exception of Reggae, everyone notable with an 8 bit sprite is in there. I'm so happy they slipped Slash and Frost Man in as bonuses

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I've done enough package management to know why they didn't do this, but I really wish the Millennium Blades box was deep enough to hold some BCW cardboard boxes.

The inserts for both the core set and the expansion are irredeemable tho.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

PJOmega posted:

I've done enough package management to know why they didn't do this, but I really wish the Millennium Blades box was deep enough to hold some BCW cardboard boxes.

The inserts for both the core set and the expansion literally everything level 99 touches are irredeemable tho.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Pixel Tactics Deluxe has a great insert! :downs:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
When you say inserts, what do you mean? I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about

What's the pixel tactics deluxe insert?

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Level 99's inserts are better than any of the ones in the FFG games I've bought.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

FirstAidKite posted:

When you say inserts, what do you mean? I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about

An insert in board game parlance is the cardboard or plastic dividers and/or trays that come set into the box meant to help keep things organized and readily accessible. Some games have good and useful dividers while others are pretty much worthless once you take everything out of the wrapper.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Inserts aren't necessarily meant for you, they are at a baseline meant to protect product during shipping. Making a good insert costs extra money. I'd rather they spend money on component upgrades than inserts.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

FirstAidKite posted:

Frankly, my perfect insert for card-based games is rows like that Pixel Tactics box where you can lay the cards (sleeved) either side-ways or standing up with space for dividers. I had a problem with the Arkham Horror LCG box because it's annoyingly thin, so I hacked two core boxes together so that the cards can lay in rows with dividers like this website suggested.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

PJOmega posted:

The inserts for both the core set and the expansion are irredeemable tho.

The licenced MDF box insert is an absolute godsend. Played it again today and shuddered at the idea of using anything else.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Is that the Go7 or the Meeple Reality one? Does it fit the expansion?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Andarel posted:

Is that the Go7 or the Meeple Reality one? Does it fit the expansion?

The Go7 one is the official one. I've heard the card tower in the Meeple Realty one is fantastic though.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Updated the OP. I think I've fixed all the links again. Let me know if anything still needs fixing.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Does it fit the expansion though?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

My friend says it fits everything with room to spare.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Sooo... anyone pick up that tabletop sim with exceed? Looks good so far, and I'll be looking forward to being beat up by strangers on the internet.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

HANG 'EM HIGH

LordAba posted:

Sooo... anyone pick up that tabletop sim with exceed? Looks good so far, and I'll be looking forward to being beat up by strangers on the internet.

For those who haven't already and would like to play more Tabletop Simulator Exceed/BCon/Pixel Tactics, join us on the Official Level99 Discord Chat: https://discord.gg/YKj3nPE

Serotoning fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 23, 2017

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pvt. Parts posted:

For those who haven''t already and would like to play more Tabletop Simulator Exceed/BCon/Pixel Tactics, join us on the Official Level99 Discord Chat: https://discord.gg/YKj3nPE

I'm there right now (for another hourish) if anyone wants an easy win.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

HANG 'EM HIGH

So how good is Megaman Pixel Tactics, especially as a first foray into the series (i.e. vs PT1)?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Pvt. Parts posted:

So how good is Megaman Pixel Tactics, especially as a first foray into the series (i.e. vs PT1)?

It's a hair more complicated than PT1; MMPT has Operations and Traps, and I don't think those were introduced til later on in main PT...but I don't think it's an insurmountable hurdle for those who are competent gamers.

Plus the Mega Man license might be seen as a bit more accessible than Level99s Indines stuff.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
We found it a bit simpler actually. Most of the characters have a very basic gimmick that changes very little based on placement. Dr. Wiley is a really fun leader. The whole set is great though, even if you don't care about the theme. We've only played the blue version though, can't speak for the other two.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I took all three of mine plus the promos and Star Droids and blended them, haha.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

jivjov posted:

I took all three of mine plus the promos and Star Droids and blended them, haha.

You are a monster.

That yellow devil looks fun though!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
In Exceed news, it looks like there will be a big scrum this Saturday with timed games (join the discord and get TTS!). Should be interesting!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

LordAba posted:

You are a monster.

That yellow devil looks fun though!

They've got set icons, I can sort them back out if I want.

I've still been dealing out 28 card decks for actual play though.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

jivjov posted:

It's a hair more complicated than PT1; MMPT has Operations and Traps, and I don't think those were introduced til later on in main PT...but I don't think it's an insurmountable hurdle for those who are competent gamers.

Plus the Mega Man license might be seen as a bit more accessible than Level99s Indines stuff.

MMPT actually works similarly to vanilla in that the Mega Man box is straight-up like PT1, then Proto Man introduces Operations and Bass introduces Traps.

Pvt. Parts posted:

I am a huge Mega Man dork so take this with a serving or two of salt but I really, really dig MMPT and am playing it more often than I ever got PT out (much as I loved it). It might also just be because I got all three decks + extras at once, so it's really easy to start with the simple deck while looking through the more complicated cards to see how they would inform strategies. Like, I don't think I'll ever play with Doc Robot as my Leader, but just thinking about its power makes me think about all the other cards in new ways.

Also, Proto Man's order ability is great and I love how thematic it is. He just shows up and gets clowned on.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

food court bailiff posted:

MMPT actually works similarly to vanilla in that the Mega Man box is straight-up like PT1, then Proto Man introduces Operations and Bass introduces Traps.

Huh; guess this is what happens when i blend everything.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I don't really play BattleCON anymore as X-Wing has taken over as my 1v1 game of choice. Busting these out to take photos of them really made me nostalgic, though.

Anyway, my collection is for sale and I figured I'd give you guys a crack at it first. I bought Devastation of Indines + Devastation Extended Edition retail, and Kickstarted War of Indines/Fate of Indines, so my collection includes everything from that Kickstarter. Right now, I'm not sure where my extra fighters are (Bruce Lee, etc.) but they're included if I find them.

Photos:

Asking maybe $200 + shipping for the whole lot here. For reference that's:

War of Indines (Remastered)
War of Indines Extended
Devastation of Indines
Devastation of Indines Extended
Fate of Indines
Light & Shadow
Armory
3x Unique Playmats
Some pins from the Kickstarter I forgot to photograph

I'll look around for the extra characters, but I really don't know what happened to them. Eventually this will go into SA Mart and beyond if it doesn't move here.

Baron Fuzzlewhack fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Apr 27, 2017

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

jivjov posted:

They've got set icons, I can sort them back out if I want.

I've still been dealing out 28 card decks for actual play though.

Yeah, that's the only tricky part about mixing them up, they should still be 30 cards or so, however you do it.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

LordAba posted:

In Exceed news, it looks like there will be a big scrum this Saturday with timed games (join the discord and get TTS!). Should be interesting!

For more info, here is the posting from the kickstarter:

"Saturday, from 2pm-10pm Eastern Time, we'll be hosting and commentating on live Exceed games on our stream! We'll be playing timed 10-minute clock games that anyone can join. I and a few other guests will be commentating and occasionally jumping in for a game ourselves. All you have to do is be in the official Discord Chat when it happens, and you can volunteer to join in! If you don't want to play, you can still participate by joining in on Twitch."

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Woooooahhhh, the Exceed KS just added Shovel Knight as a fighter (free for big tiers, addon for smaller ones).
Pretty drat cool to land that crossover.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I don't really play BattleCON anymore as X-Wing has taken over as my 1v1 game of choice. Busting these out to take photos of them really made me nostalgic, though.

Anyway, my collection is for sale and I figured I'd give you guys a crack at it first. I bought Devastation of Indines + Devastation Extended Edition retail, and Kickstarted War of Indines/Fate of Indines, so my collection includes everything from that Kickstarter. Right now, I'm not sure where my extra fighters are (Bruce Lee, etc.) but they're included if I find them.

Photos:

Asking maybe $200 + shipping for the whole lot here. For reference that's:

War of Indines (Remastered)
War of Indines Extended
Devastation of Indines
Devastation of Indines Extended
Fate of Indines
Light & Shadow
Armory
3x Unique Playmats
Some pins from the Kickstarter I forgot to photograph

I'll look around for the extra characters, but I really don't know what happened to them. Eventually this will go into SA Mart and beyond if it doesn't move here.

Are you in the US? Trying to work out how much shipping would be on all of that.

Regarding Exceed, is the Crossover Chaos Tier new? Is it worth it to just get both seasons, or was season 1 really that bad?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

Woooooahhhh, the Exceed KS just added Shovel Knight as a fighter (free for big tiers, addon for smaller ones).
Pretty drat cool to land that crossover.

Goddammit, I don't have the money for kickstarter stuff lol stop making me feel poor level 99!!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I wasn't going to back Exceed, given I already have a bunch of BattleCON that I hardly ever get to play...but dammit, Shovel Knight!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

In for promos only. Should be a tier Ithry!

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Agent Rush posted:

Are you in the US? Trying to work out how much shipping would be on all of that.

I'm in the US, yes. If you post or PM me your ZIP code I can figure it out for you.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I'm in the US, yes. If you post or PM me your ZIP code I can figure it out for you.

Ok, PM sent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Check the stream: https://www.twitch.tv/level99games

There is currently a ~30min break, but I think I'm on next for my second game of the day! Geoffrey or Zsolt.
Basically if you check the archive later you can see my first match. Brad is commenting on them, so I'm interested in seeing how bad he thinks my plays were!

EDIT: Also, Table Top Sim is half off, and I can send out links to the discord server.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 29, 2017