Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

There's like a fuckton more here:

http://imgur.com/gallery/eveUd
http://imgur.com/gallery/u7g4v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I have to ask if you've seen Lake Dredge Appraisal?

It's truly fantastic what comes out of the lake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTifcI4A0jM

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Bombadilillo posted:

Pro tip.

Different kids like different things.

It's because their tastebuds are still developing so infants dont have sour receptors until later.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

value-brand cereal posted:

It's because their tastebuds are still developing so infants dont have sour receptors until later.

sup salty

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Guy's shirt read "two in the Plinko, one in the stinko". Got taped over during a commercial break, and blurred in the broadcast.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

canyoneer posted:

Guy's shirt read "two in the Plinko, one in the stinko". Got taped over during a commercial break, and blurred in the broadcast.

alright i like that "taped over" meant actually taped over

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm surprised they didn't just give him a different shirt.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I like how they left enough to get the joke. The taped option gives you more context clues.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
come to think of it, I heard they look at audience members as they wait to enter the studio and pick them out based on their demeanor or outfit. There's a chance they were seated there by the show's staff and the censors were just CYA.

Anagram of GINGER has a new favorite as of 08:43 on Apr 22, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Elsa posted:

come to think of it, I heard they look at audience members as they wait to enter the studio and pick them out based on their demeanor or outfit. There's a chance they were seated there by the show's staff and the censors were just CYA, and they decided to put that on camera after seeing them in line before the show.

i dont doubt that

has there ever been like a really wooden supernerd on price is right?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Powaqoatse posted:

i dont doubt that

I met a dude in the military who was an aspiring actor and had roles on a game show and Maury. He was allowed to keep the prizes he won on the game show, and on maury he was a "not the father." I saw the video clips.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Powaqoatse posted:

i dont doubt that

https://youtu.be/V_96_ITeIFo

Michael here is a real peach

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Powaqoatse posted:

pro tip:

babies love trying lemons
toddlers hate trying lemons

there are as many clips of babbies loving lemons that there are of toddlers freaking out about lemons. just no supercut i guess

when my brother was like 4 or 5, he decided he liked sour stuff I guess. So he'd constantly demand pickle slices, but I guess he also realized pickles came from a vegetable, so he'd run around the house sucking all the juice out of them, but wouldn't chew them up and eat them. Dried out pickle chips all over the house, basically.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Elsa posted:

I met a dude in the military who was an aspiring actor and had roles on a game show and Maury. He was allowed to keep the prizes he won on the game show, and on maury he was a "not the father." I saw the video clips.

Almost all of those are faked. People will get sad when you tell them that British panel shows are scripted, too.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Almost all of those are faked. People will get sad when you tell them that British panel shows are scripted, too.

ITS REAL TO ME DAMNIT!

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Pick posted:

I doubt all the panel shows are scripted, mainly because some of the guests really suck.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

gmq posted:

I doubt all the panel shows are scripted, mainly because some of the guests really suck.

Not everyone can learn their lines, and some are just plain bad at delivery.
All panel shows are at least 75% scripted. There is some room for improvisation, but not much.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I'm sure writers save the choicest lines for the favored guests as well, and leave the less likable and obvious rubes to flounder in their lack of wit.

There was that whole thing too on QI where an unnamed but very popular repeat guest always needed to know all the questions and topics ahead of time so they could pre-plan and study. I don't know if it ever came out who it really was, but my guess was always John Sessions.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

they're not so much scripted as im sure the guests are told about the main topics so they can prepare jokes & also they tape for like 2 hrs to make a 40 min show

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I personally know someone who was on Maury and they aren't actors but they were super boring. I'm sure most of the highlight stuff we see on youtube is scripted.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'm sure writers save the choicest lines for the favored guests as well, and leave the less likable and obvious rubes to flounder in their lack of wit.

There was that whole thing too on QI where an unnamed but very popular repeat guest always needed to know all the questions and topics ahead of time so they could pre-plan and study. I don't know if it ever came out who it really was, but my guess was always John Sessions.

It was Rory McGrath.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

This is a really stupid thing to admit to, but it never occurred to me that someone actually created Clippy. Like, someone came up with the idea, then went through the entire development process. It probably took months to create Clippy.
I'm suddenly seeing the world in a whole new light.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Have you ever watched the British version of Antiques Roadshow? These pictures just remind me how much better it is. The American version is like some garbage from 75 years ago in a windowless State Fair building. The British version will be like some 800 year old thing out in the garden of a loving actual castle.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Imagined posted:

Have you ever watched the British version of Antiques Roadshow? These pictures just remind me how much better it is. The American version is like some garbage from 75 years ago in a windowless State Fair building. The British version will be like some 800 year old thing out in the garden of a loving actual castle.

Americans like antiques because of the style you can't really buy anywhere but desperately want or was used by a famous person or something. Its not so much about age.

Its all trash y'all just have a bigger junk pile to rifle through.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

oh poo poo i was talking about british comedy panel shows

idk about maury but this article is fun & probably as fake as the shows
https://www.vice.com/en_dk/article/these-guys-made-up-a-fake-case-to-get-on-judge-judy

video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4ZsGrWm9J0] (but read the article first, otherwise its just a whatever episode of judge judy)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Imagined posted:

Yeah I saw one where a guy found an old pot in his backyard and had been using it as a birdbath for years and the Antiques Roadshow guy went "OH gently caress that's an actual Roman [somethingsomething] there's only one other example ever been found take it to the museum right now!"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i think maybe this guy is the one who posts about sex bobys and sexy desi gal on facebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-etWXH7R5sI&t=158s

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Powaqoatse posted:

oh poo poo i was talking about british comedy panel shows

I remember someone who regularly attended tapings of things like QI and Mock The Week saying that the stuff that makes it on air is about 30% scripted. However they legit have about 2-3hours worth of tape that they make into the other 70% of a 40min show. Most of what they don't use apparently is because they'd never get it past the censors. Even with the lax watershed rules.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i read someplace recently that most of the other panelists hate andy parsons cause he studies too hard for the panel shows

might be true but his jokes are always really tepid so

e: even if he's prepared though, frankie boyle is a miracle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5YFJ0zsZnw

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 16:09 on Apr 22, 2017

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Last Leg (whicb is apparently live) has had a few C-bombs dropped this year, mostly by female comedians; its pretty funny watching Australian Adam Hills trying to apologise. As if 10 year olds aren't calling each other cunts all the time anyway

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

NonzeroCircle posted:

Last Leg (whicb is apparently live) has had a few C-bombs dropped this year, mostly by female comedians; its pretty funny watching Australian Adam Hills trying to apologise. As if 10 year olds aren't calling each other cunts all the time anyway

Isn't that how Aussies and Brits say hi?

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

RFC2324 posted:

Isn't that how Aussies and Brits say hi?

calls mates oval office, calls cunts mate.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Laserjet 4P posted:

calls mates oval office, calls cunts mate.

Don't call me oval office, mate.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Brute Squad posted:

Don't call me oval office, mate.

I'm not your mate, oval office!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm not your oval office, twat.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Fanny

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Watch your loving language!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

I made this same joke in GBS about two weeks ago except I used bloke instead of oval office. The idiot I was responding to tried to flame me because they didn't get it, so it was nice to see it played out here.