Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Oh also apparently the loot changes are unintentional and they'll be looking into what is causing them on Monday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I love it when this game resembles a horror movie. Half naked guy with a machete chasing me up a staircase while I scramble for weapons, finally getting a pistol and then shooting him dead just as he's about to finish me off. Most of the time when someone lands near me all I can find are t shirts and energy drinks, but I always seem to find a real weapon just in the nick of time.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

LGD posted:

Oh also apparently the loot changes are unintentional and they'll be looking into what is causing them on Monday

Source?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I was about to buy arma for BR after watching Lirik play it and it looking really fun but then this came out

I played H1z1 before it was split and I mostly played just survive so it's kind of funny to me that H1z1 is now the arcade br instead of the tacticool thing it was trying to be originally

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I was about to buy arma for BR after watching Lirik play it and it looking really fun but then this came out

I played H1z1 before it was split and I mostly played just survive so it's kind of funny to me that H1z1 is now the arcade br instead of the tacticool thing it was trying to be originally

Yeah it's kinda crazy how it all shook out. H1Z1 KOTK is now heavily targeting esports despite their game is still riddled with bugs and server issues that haven't been addressed. Some of the players in the cw tournament were saying that they desynced multiple times and died hiding behind trees and poo poo. This was a LAN btw.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Has anyone figured out a remedy for the audio stuttering / massive framerate drops whenever anything is happening in-game? The Steam forums and official forums are, against all expectations, some of the most frustratingly unreadable, useless garbage I've ever read on the internet.

My friend has the same setup with a slightly worse graphics card and it's perfectly playable for him. :(

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

I found this on their forums.

http://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/11564-rifle-loot-drop-nerfed/

PUBG Moderator posted:

PLAYERUNKNOWN:
FYI The current loot balance is not intentional.
We will be looking into exactly what is happening on Monday and will have more info then.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Dumb question but is there a list of controls? I've seen people talk about holding breath, aiming down ironsights, etc. but can't seem to find how to do that and going in the options isn't showing anything obvious.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

The quote is linked a couple of places (i.e. the link Velocity Raptor posted), apparently the original source was PlayerUnknown on the official discord channel

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Red Mundus posted:

Dumb question but is there a list of controls? I've seen people talk about holding breath, aiming down ironsights, etc. but can't seem to find how to do that and going in the options isn't showing anything obvious.

shift = hold breath while ADS
right click = ADS
hold right click = hip fire/half ads/zoom whatever you wanna call it

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?

XyrlocShammypants posted:

They will wipe your points before that happens more likely

Why do you say that? Do they have a track record of wiping points balances? That's a bit lovely

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

El_Funko posted:

Why do you say that? Do they have a track record of wiping points balances? That's a bit lovely

I doubt they will do it. They will introduce new boxes with different loot along the way. Pretty sure the "Pioneer Crates" are just for early access.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I have a GTX 970, anyone with the same/similar power video card recommend settings for smoother play? The game feels choppy at times, but that could just be alpha game not being optimized.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
I wish everyone started with a lovely pistol with 7 bullets. It would make multiple people touching down at the same time less silly. Everyone sprinting at a building and hoping there's a gun on the floor you can pickup first is dumb.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

El_Funko posted:

They probably won't wipe your points simply because they can't wipe your items as they're already on the marketplace.

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?

DrBox posted:

I wish everyone started with a lovely pistol with 7 bullets. It would make multiple people touching down at the same time less silly. Everyone sprinting at a building and hoping there's a gun on the floor you can pickup first is dumb.

Would kinda make melee weapons (other than the pan) even more unnecessary than they already are.

Plus no more superman punches.

I like things how they are TBH

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jerkface posted:

I have a GTX 970, anyone with the same/similar power video card recommend settings for smoother play? The game feels choppy at times, but that could just be alpha game not being optimized.

970 smooth as silk

if you don't have an SSD you're boned

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

970 smooth as silk

if you don't have an SSD you're boned

What settings are you running? I have it on an SSD. There some bumps especially when I am driving a car and I guess I get to a new 'zone'

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
drat, just finished #2. Feels bad man. 3 hits with an SKS and he didn't go down.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

DrBox posted:

The frantic scramble at the beginning is the of the best parts of the game. Sometimes you get beat, sure, but it's fun.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jerkface posted:

SSD and a CPU upgrade will make it a whole new game, I just finished a 7700k build with a 1060 coming from a Phenom II x4/1060 and I can't believe how much smoother it is

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

tehinternet posted:

The frantic scramble at the beginning is the of the best parts of the game. Sometimes you get beat, sure, but it's fun.

It's especially funny when a couple groups drop into a village and people start scrambling for cars to get away before guns can be found while others snag the first pistol they see and start trying to take out the drivers.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Has anyone else been having really lovely luck with shots registering? It seems like I hit people 5-6 times with blood splatter and everything and they don't die and I get blasted with 1-2 shots and I'm down with level 2 everything an even a ballistic mask ( I dunno if that even does anything but I had it on!). I even got it on shadowplay and it looked like complete BS.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Has anyone else been having really lovely luck with shots registering? It seems like I hit people 5-6 times with blood splatter and everything and they don't die and I get blasted with 1-2 shots and I'm down with level 2 everything an even a ballistic mask ( I dunno if that even does anything but I had it on!). I even got it on shadowplay and it looked like complete BS.

Welcome to online video games may I suggest moving closer to the servers and/or downloading one of the undetectable aimbots for this video game?

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

an even a ballistic mask ( I dunno if that even does anything but I had it on!).

The mask is only visual, just like the gas masks.

It would be cool if they offered an in-game effect. Having to decide between protection from gas or bullets would be a cool trade off, but for that to happen the gas masks would need to be pulled from the cosmetic crates to stop giving players an advantage going into a match.

Or add the ballistic masks to the crates, I guess.

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

Twice in a row tonight I have driven to the rear end-end of the beginning circle on a bike just to get one shotted by somebody before or right after I bail. They don't even come to loot.

Hacks?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The last thing we need is dudes staying in the gas with boosters shooting people who are actually playing the objective

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jerkface posted:

What settings are you running? I have it on an SSD. There some bumps especially when I am driving a car and I guess I get to a new 'zone'

oh lol that I thought that was everyone yeah it hitches for a second on zone transitions for me too

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Safetyland posted:

Twice in a row tonight I have driven to the rear end-end of the beginning circle on a bike just to get one shotted by somebody before or right after I bail. They don't even come to loot.

Hacks?

It's pretty easy to shoot someone off a bike, I think.

Unrelated video: Karma.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

They should make it so the front of the helmet, aka your face, wasn't protected. Then maybe the ballistic mask would be worth something. Except for level 3 helmets, of course.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B_2PBfdazo

ahahaha

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Unrelated video: Karma.

:lol::lol: blyat!

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Red Mundus posted:

shift = hold breath while ADS
right click = ADS
hold right click = hip fire/half ads/zoom whatever you wanna call it

V = Toggle First/Third person
Hold right click = Third person shoulder aim
Single right click = Toggle first person aim
C = Crouch
Z = Prone
X = Holster/Draw weapon

1 = Primary Weapon 1
2 = Primary Weapon 2
3= Sidearm
4 = Melee
5 = Grenade (tapping 5 will cycle between grenades in your inventory. Click once to ready the grenade, ie. pull pin, light rag, click again to throw.)
7, 8, 9 (Healing items -- not sure specific mapping)

CTRL 1-5 to change seats in a vehicle
M = Map

E: Page up/page down = Change zeroing (rifles)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

yo i'm playing squads with the chillhards if anyone wants to watch

https://www.twitch.tv/serious_overchill

featuring doggo cam :3:

Fuck My Ass
Mar 24, 2010
College Slice
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - Break contact the simulator

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Finally won a solo. It centered on a wheat field so everyone could be pretty well hidden while prone. I saw where they both were; stood up and shot the one nearest me, then the other decided to charge in my direction for some reason. He got perforated.

Orv
May 4, 2011

VulgarandStupid posted:

They should make it so the front of the helmet, aka your face, wasn't protected. Then maybe the ballistic mask would be worth something. Except for level 3 helmets, of course.

Pretty sure that's the case.

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...

yo i'm playing squads with the chillhards if anyone wants to watch

https://www.twitch.tv/serious_overchill

featuring doggo cam :3:

my kind of stream

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

ghillie suits blow guys dont bother with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011

Orv posted:

Pretty sure that's the case.

The streamer Sacriel said that they tested this and it turns out the helmet (any tier) protects the whole head hitbox, even the face. The ballistic mask didn't add any additional protection.

• Locked thread