Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Bogan Krkic posted:

Kante is a literal pygmy and he does fine

Kante is way more built tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I should correct my first call, he's too small for the wing that he keeps getting shunted to.

I am a big fan of Juan :3:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Brony Car posted:

I said this a lot about Stewart Downing during the 2010-2011 season.

In all seriousness, I do think Pogba has not been nearly as bad as everyone has liked to say. It really isn't his fault that Woodward wanted to make him the most expensive player in the world regardless of whether or not United actually had the kind of side that would make the best use of Pogba.
I mean in comparison to Stewart loving Downing Pogba has been superb, it's only the massive expectations people have which make it look like he possibly hasn't had the greatest season. He's been the best player on the pitch many times this season and has been involved in most of our good play, it's just he hasn't banged in 20 goals and now and then he looks a bit like he doesn't know what he's meant to be doing

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Crazy how Manchester United languish in 5th despite all their players being really good hmm can someone explain

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

Crazy how Manchester United languish in 5th despite all their players being really good hmm can someone explain

my theory is they're actually only the fifth most good, OP

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
22 league matches without a loss. They're invincible.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Hoops posted:

I did one mdt in like 7 years of posting in TRP and it was quite fun. Do it next time Insurrectionist. we believe in you and we love you.

Who did the Git Tae Fuk MDT? That belonged in a museum :swoon:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

African AIDS cum posted:

the other good teams also have really good players and they take their chances more than United

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Bournemouth have replaced King who bottled a couple big chances with Mousset who just bottled the biggest chance of all

I mean it doesn't really matter given the score but still lol

Bournemouth really should improve a bit in both finishing and defending if they want to not get in the same relegation fight next season

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

brocked posted:

Who did the Git Tae Fuk MDT? That belonged in a museum :swoon:

Timbers Jim? rips

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Paperhouse posted:

the other good teams also have really good players and they take their chances more than United

for the same reason united take their chances more than boro

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Strawman posted:

for the same reason united take their chances more than boro

Lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

African AIDS cum posted:

a conspiracy by (((the FA)))

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
it's almost like Herrera, Mata, Mkhitaryan, and Pogba have all played very well for other teams that had more than one target on the field at any given time hmm

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Yes for example Herrera who played for Bilbao who played 1 striker up top Aduriz and nobody else on the team had double figures in goals good call Manchester United are really good indeed

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Reprisal posted:

it's almost like Herrera, Mata, Mkhitaryan, and Pogba have all played very well for other teams that had more than one target on the field at any given time hmm
Are you sure about this? A lone striker isn't some uncultured antiquated British fail tactic. It's actually exactly how 4-4-2 doesn't work

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hoops posted:

Are you sure about this? A lone striker isn't some uncultured antiquated British fail tactic. It's actually exactly how 4-4-2 doesn't work

5th place Manchester United are good

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

African AIDS cum posted:

5th place Manchester United are good
They're wank cunts tbh

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's true. All of it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hoops posted:

They're wank cunts tbh

Everybody wank cunts tonight

Everybody wank cunts

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
you have me confused with a Manchester United supporter.

when Zlatan signed a year i wrote that he'd underwhelm and here we are.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Reprisal posted:

You can't just make things up. We deal in facts here.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Reprisal posted:

You think kroos is shite

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

So it's not the players fault, and it's not Mourinho's fault...whose exactly is to blame for having the most expensive team ever assembled coming fifth?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

manchester united are a really good team and are in fact top of the league and everyone likes them

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Jose posted:

You think kroos is shite

i'm right about everything i post

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ewar Woowar posted:

So it's not the players fault, and it's not Mourinho's fault...whose exactly is to blame for having the most expensive team ever assembled coming fifth?

It's no one's fault because we're all just acting based on the collision of atoms in our brains that were set in motion by the Big Bang fourteen billion years ago so Manchester United were always fated to be in fifth.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
it actually is the players' fault for missing literally a billion chances

like i'm pretty sure if you look at the soccernomics advanced stats you'll see that United have the worst Chance Conversion (CC) of all teams because I've never seen a team that just can't freaking score as much as this one, it is absurd.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Paperhouse posted:

it actually is the players' fault for missing literally a billion chances

like i'm pretty sure if you look at the soccernomics advanced stats you'll see that United have the worst Chance Conversion (CC) of all teams because I've never seen a team that just can't freaking score as much as this one, it is absurd.

Pogba leads the league in hitting the woodwork and Man United lead the league amongst all teams.

It's a funny old game.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
GGMU #pogboom

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
United are not the most expensive team ever no matter how times you post it but if you really want to know who has been bad this season then Martial is on the list along with a bunch of players who just aren't good enough like Rooney, Fellaini, Jones, Darmian, Young etc.

Lot 49 fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 23, 2017

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Get this: Mourinho is poo poo and fail.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Lot 49 posted:

United are not the most expensive team ever no matter how times you post it but if you really want to know who has been bad this season then Martial is on the list along with a bunch of players who just aren't good enough like Rooney, Fellaini, Jones, Darmian, Young etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/03/manchester-united-squad-most-expensive-history

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

I've seen this before. Have you actually looked at their data? It's bonkers. They have United down as spending over €100m more than City last summer.

Lot 49 fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Apr 23, 2017

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Interesting financial discussion but here's some real news: Daniel Sturridge is injured again.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Xabi posted:

Interesting financial discussion but here's some real news: Daniel Sturridge is injured again.

We should have sold him when he was temporarily fit in the summer and every month that goes by his transfer value drops.

Lot 49 posted:

I've seen this before. Have you actually looked at their data? It's bonkers. They have United down as spending over €100m more than City last summer.

This is a weird hill to die on. United have the most expensive squad assembled, certainly in the Premier League if not the world. If you're trying to refute this feel free to find some sort of evidence to back up your claim (like Ewar Woowar has).

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

EvilHawk posted:

We should have sold him when he was temporarily fit in the summer and every month that goes by his transfer value drops.

West Ham will buy him and partner him with Andy Carroll in the sick bay

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Xabi posted:

I'd be more surprised if he was fit.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

EvilHawk posted:

This is a weird hill to die on. United have the most expensive squad assembled, certainly in the Premier League if not the world. If you're trying to refute this feel free to find some sort of evidence to back up your claim (like Ewar Woowar has).

Okay I googled most expensive squad in the Premier League and found a link on page 1 which said it was not United.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...em-to-the-test/

Imo my evidence is stronger than Ewar Woowar's because his is ridiculous. Last summer United bought three players for £149m (Pogba, Bailly and Mkhitaryan), City bought eight for £169m (Gundogan, Nolito, Zinchenko, Sane, Jesus, Moreno, Stones and Bravo). Neither team made much in sales, United slightly more thanks to Moyes. All these numbers are from that transfer league site which just uses the most widely accepted figure.

Ewar Woowar's link claims that City spent €78m total, over €100m less than United. It''s unsupported, not explained and is laughably far away from what everyone else says City spent. It's crap and I'm surprised he used it given how badly it undermines his argument.

Lot 49 fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Apr 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Wilshere broke his leg and Sturridge has another muscle injury.

This could be any season for the last five.

• Locked thread