Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Is there a simple mod out there that takes movement speed from this:

and rebalances it into something closer to this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

Is there a simple mod out there that takes movement speed from this:

and rebalances it into something closer to this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43413/

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dreamsicle posted:

I know Morrowland is real. After seeing other peoples accounts of it, I kinda want to play it for my self to experience it.

It is, and I can't in good conscience recommend it, but it's... incredible

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

If you can't handle vanilla Morrowind run speeds without choosing The Steed as your birthright, then Get. The. gently caress. Out. It should take you 20 minutes to get to Tarhiel and you should like it.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Node posted:

If you can't handle vanilla Morrowind run speeds without choosing The Steed as your birthright, then Get. The. gently caress. Out. It should take you 20 minutes to get to Tarhiel and you should like it.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any mod for auto attacking with light or strong attacks? I've been playing this again but it feels like the more I play the closer I get to having carpal tunnel.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Node posted:

Nope!

There is a lot about this game that should not change, but the default run speed was stupid when the game came out and it's really loving stupid now, and it's one of the first things I change every time I play the game, and it's always for the better!

Boots of blinding speed, scrolls of Icarian flight, that stuff is all well and good but i'm not going to bother fooling around with in game powerups just to walk around a town without wanting to kill myself out of boredom between buildings.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 23, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Accurate

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Big Scary Owl posted:

Is there any mod for auto attacking with light or strong attacks? I've been playing this again but it feels like the more I play the closer I get to having carpal tunnel.

MGEXE -> in-game tab -> macro editor, the function you want is called "hammer1" set it to mouse4 or something

I don't think there's an easy way to spam heavy attacks

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

GreatGreen posted:

Nope!

There is a lot about this game that should not change, but the default run speed was stupid when the game came out and it's really loving stupid now, and it's one of the first things I change every time I play the game, and it's always for the better!

Boots of blinding speed, scrolls of Icarian flight, that stuff is all well and good but i'm not going to bother fooling around with in game powerups just to walk around a town without wanting to kill myself out of boredom between buildings.

I was hoping my sarcasm was overt. I guess not. I was just kidding! Morrowind is best played however you want to play it.

Unless you're one of those disgusting exploiters that sell things to Creeper or the mudcrab, you guys can gently caress off.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

im working on a mod for the morrowind modathon celebrating 15 years of mw

https://streamable.com/p8ikf

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

im working on a mod for the morrowind modathon celebrating 15 years of mw

https://streamable.com/p8ikf

Couldn't you already have sex with hookers or people that liked you enough in Morrowind Comes Alive?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Node posted:

Couldn't you already have sex with hookers or people that liked you enough in Morrowind Comes Alive?

this works on any npc and is going to have some sicknasty animations for super realism

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

MGEXE -> in-game tab -> macro editor, the function you want is called "hammer1" set it to mouse4 or something

I don't think there's an easy way to spam heavy attacks

Thanks!

Edit: I tried it but it didn't work for some reason

Edit2: I set it to hammer2 and it worked

Big Scary Owl fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 23, 2017

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Node posted:

I was hoping my sarcasm was overt. I guess not. I was just kidding! Morrowind is best played however you want to play it.

Unless you're one of those disgusting exploiters that sell things to Creeper or the mudcrab, you guys can gently caress off.

Yeah I could tell you were being sarcastic. My response was more for the people who would read your post and agree with you.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

GreatGreen posted:

Yeah I could tell you were being sarcastic. My response was more for the people who would read your post and agree with you.

It appears this facade we have been taking part in has failed in it's purpose. We are bad posters.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Good news everyone!

Skyrim: Home of the Nords just had a release over here! It's Skyrim if it wasn't milquetoast.

Make sure you have Tamriel_Data v3 or later installed. And register your BSAs!

Edit: Province Cyrodiil also had a new release just now here!

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 1, 2017

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

quote:

Known issues:
Using original morrowind, being taken prisoner crashes the game. It works with OpenMW.
Using original morrowind, the ingame map will not follow the player to the new landmass. It works with OpenMW.
Using original morrowind, npcs and creatures show jittery body parts. This does not happen with OpenMW.

It begins. :twisted:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

hi i'm going to shill my last two mods here that I wrote the last two days

Wandering Umbra
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44913/
Randomizes Umbra's location between ten different Vvardenfell locales.

One of a Kind - Daedric Weapons and Shields
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44923/
Edits leveled lists and static spawns to ensure only one copy of each daedric weapon and shield exists in game. Also changes the Vassir-Didanat Mine quest to reward ebony weapons instead of daedric, and changes the Hlaalu Prelude Shipwreck quest to find an ebony shortsword instead of a daedric wakizashi.

enjoy

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Does Wandering Umbra randomize the location continuously over time or once per new character?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

Does Wandering Umbra randomize the location continuously over time or once per new character?

once per new character

once you find him he'll stay put

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

once per new character

once you find him he'll stay put

Important question: does he autoagro, and is one of his spawns right in the middle of Seyda Neen?

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I always loved the idea of a randomiser mod for Morrowind. Not for quest items like Chrysamere or anything, but 10 different plugins, each of which puts lots of the cooler items in the game in different areas (and some in Tamriel Rebuilt).

I'd then edit the stats of the items so they're not all the same e.g. different versions of Daedric Claymore could range from 10 – 60 damage to 15 –75 damage. That way the player would always technically have something to strive towards getting unless they find the best version of the item for the first time.

Probably wouldn't be that hard to put together actually.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Entropy238 posted:

I always loved the idea of a randomiser mod for Morrowind. Not for quest items like Chrysamere or anything, but 10 different plugins, each of which puts lots of the cooler items in the game in different areas (and some in Tamriel Rebuilt).

I'd then edit the stats of the items so they're not all the same e.g. different versions of Daedric Claymore could range from 10 – 60 damage to 15 –75 damage. That way the player would always technically have something to strive towards getting unless they find the best version of the item for the first time.

Probably wouldn't be that hard to put together actually.

have you been spying on me

not like i'm already making that

randomizing the damage ranges is basically impossible without making a new item entirely so I'm not going to do that

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Important question: does he autoagro, and is one of his spawns right in the middle of Seyda Neen?

hell yeah :v:

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

have you been spying on me

not like i'm already making that

randomizing the damage ranges is basically impossible without making a new item entirely so I'm not going to do that

It's something I've always thought about doing but never got around to doing out of laziness :shrug:

In terms of randomising damage wouldn't all you need to do is copy paste Daedric_Claymore_1, Daedric_Claymore_2 etc... until you've got enough then tweak the damage ranges accordingly (+1, +2 etc ...).

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Entropy238 posted:

It's something I've always thought about doing but never got around to doing out of laziness :shrug:

In terms of randomising damage wouldn't all you need to do is copy paste Daedric_Claymore_1, Daedric_Claymore_2 etc... until you've got enough then tweak the damage ranges accordingly (+1, +2 etc ...).

yeah but doing that for every weapon would suck, there's like 12 daedric weapons and not nearly enough places to put them

i had a hard time cutting down locations as is lol, morrowind is drowning in loot

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Make a mod so all loot you find in a dungeon gets put in a "bank", and then when you complete the dungeon you buy loot with DKP

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Make a mod so all loot you find in a dungeon gets put in a "bank", and then when you complete the dungeon you buy loot with DKP

only if you can get outbid by rolf the uber

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

only if you can get outbid by rolf the uber

Fargoth blows all his dkp on every ring that drops

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
I think an Elder Scrolls game with Diablo style randomized gear would rule actually.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

GreatGreen posted:

I think an Elder Scrolls game with Diablo style randomized gear would rule actually.

There's a decent mod (maybe more than one?) for Skyrim that does this, so you can give it a whirl if you're interested.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

hi i'm going to shill my last two mods here that I wrote the last two days

Wandering Umbra
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44913/
Randomizes Umbra's location between ten different Vvardenfell locales.

One of a Kind - Daedric Weapons and Shields
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44923/
Edits leveled lists and static spawns to ensure only one copy of each daedric weapon and shield exists in game. Also changes the Vassir-Didanat Mine quest to reward ebony weapons instead of daedric, and changes the Hlaalu Prelude Shipwreck quest to find an ebony shortsword instead of a daedric wakizashi.

enjoy

Thanks for this. One day, when my sad brain isn't sad, I'll play Morrowind with these plugins.

Is there a plugin that makes daedric weapons and armor difficult to get? Last time I asked this a few years ago people made fun of me. I don't want the daedric dai-katana to be from some relatively easy dude on the Dren Plantation, for example. I know the fun of Morrowind for some is to blitz your way to the easy to get powerful items, but I always liked the feeling of accomplishment when you had to work for your glass gauntlets or daedric longsword.

Node fucked around with this message at 05:53 on May 3, 2017

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Node posted:

Thanks for this. One day, when my sad brain isn't sad, I'll play Morrowind with these plugins.

Is there a plugin that makes daedric weapons and armor difficult to get? Last time I asked this a few years ago people made fun of me. I don't want the daedric dai-katana to be from some relatively easy dude on the Dren Plantation, for example. I know the fun of Morrowind for some is to blitz your way to the easy to get powerful items, but I always liked the feeling of accomplishment when you had to work for your glass gauntlets or daedric longsword.

I tried to put them in fairly difficult to get to areas

some of them are easier than others but you'll notice there isn't a daikatana on a dead guy in a cave anymore.

e: I'm working on randomizing the spawns so you won't even be able to metagame them. By randomizing I mean not "you could find these items anywhere", but "you could beat this difficult dungeon and not know which item you're going to get".

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
As long as they have a generally predictable location archetypes to get them (e.g. Daedric Dungeons, house vaults, etc) I think it's an excellent idea.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Lazy Game Reviews just put out a review for Morrowind, and it's inspired me to give the game another try. I think I tried playing it over a year or so ago, but I didn't get very far, and I think I switched computers at the time, so I probably lost what little progress I made.

If I'm playing through for the first time, should I use any mods, or should I just play the vanilla game? I'm not too keen on the graphical mods, but I'm wondering if there's any QoL mods worth installing.

I also wasn't really sure if the character I made was any good or not. I've heard that Stamina is the most key attribute when it comes to combat.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

Lazy Game Reviews just put out a review for Morrowind, and it's inspired me to give the game another try. I think I tried playing it over a year or so ago, but I didn't get very far, and I think I switched computers at the time, so I probably lost what little progress I made.

If I'm playing through for the first time, should I use any mods, or should I just play the vanilla game? I'm not too keen on the graphical mods, but I'm wondering if there's any QoL mods worth installing.

I also wasn't really sure if the character I made was any good or not. I've heard that Stamina is the most key attribute when it comes to combat.

morrowind code patch
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/19510/

MGEXE
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/41102/

speed and stamina tweaked (dont use the mb10 esp)
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43413/

better dialogue font
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/36873/

delayed db attack (just use it dont worry about what it does for now thats spoiler territory)
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/14891/

morrowind patch project
http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/download/1060-previous-patches-unofficial-morrowind-patch/

mesh improvements
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/23981/

script improvements
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43828/

that is a "no fancy textures, just modern resolution and gameplay changes" list. stamina isn't the most important (I assume you mean endurance?) but getting the most endurance early affects your maximum HP.

optional mods:
http://mw.modhistory.com/download-98-6521
state-based hp, changes endurance to retroactively update your max health so you don't have to go 100% into endurance every time

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/39350/
Fair Magicka Regen, makes it so you slowly autoregen mana. Necessary if you're used to the newer TES games and play a mage.

mbt fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 3, 2017

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

that is a "no fancy textures, just modern resolution and gameplay changes" list. stamina isn't the most important (I assume you mean endurance?) but getting the most endurance early affects your maximum HP.

Endurance is probably it. I thought maybe it was Stamina, since I thought if you had low Stamina, it affected how effective your attacks were.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What is the Morrowind Patch Project, and how does it differ from the code patch?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

What is the Morrowind Patch Project, and how does it differ from the code patch?

The code patch fixes bugs and quirks with the engine while the patch project fixes more "in game" issues like broken quests and such. They don't conflict as far as I know and pretty much everyone uses them both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

Endurance is probably it. I thought maybe it was Stamina, since I thought if you had low Stamina, it affected how effective your attacks were.

in that case what you're thinking is called stamina is actually called fatigue. In the base game it's drained by everything but most importantly it's drained by running, which you're doing constantly. The speed and stamina mod I suggest makes running drain fatigue but very very slowly so you don't have to rest every few steps if you want to hit things.

interestingly enough, basically everything is affected by fatigue, including selling items.

*bursts into store out of breath* "p....please buy....these...boots"