Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Also Dwayne Johnson is bald, living, superstrong and indestructible irl so you wouldn't even need to know he's a wrestler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

St Evan Echoes posted:

Also Dwayne Johnson is bald, living, superstrong and indestructible irl so you wouldn't even need to know he's a wrestler

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

hogmartin posted:

Iodized. Containing iodine.

Unless you're a demon trying to get people to wander endlessly through supermarkets looking for "ionized" salt so you can eat their souls while they're distracted, in which case, carry on.

Also, iodized salt wasn't even a thing until the 1920s, when iodine started getting added to salt to help fight goiters in the same way fluoride gets added to water to help keep teeth clean. All the weird occultist practices that talk about salt being able to keep out demons generally tie back to ancient ideas about salt being somehow pure for its ability to be used as a preservative.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Maybe his name is Bruce Banner? That's the only possible way that story could be true.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Captain Monkey posted:

Maybe his name is Bruce Banner? That's the only possible way that story could be true.

Unfortunately it's not.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Man instead of fam? What is this 2002?

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

bean_shadow posted:

Unfortunately it's not.

Is there any reason at all he'd get that introduction? Not that it happened of course.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

effervescible posted:

Is there any reason at all he'd get that introduction? Not that it happened of course.

I sincerely hope it's because he's 7 feet tall and green.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

effervescible posted:

I went back to the post to look at the comments and people are saying, "I told you you were huge!" Not that it happened anyway but that's the only explanation I can think of now.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

I don't understand.
If the girl doesn't want to have sex, why would not having sex make her feel bad?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Non Serviam posted:

I don't understand.
If the girl doesn't want to have sex, why would not having sex make her feel bad?

The guy gives off a rapey vibe, but he also looks like a wimp that obeys all rules.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Non Serviam posted:

I don't understand.

He wants her to feel comfortable with him but is actually a creepy weirdo, the most believable part of any stdh

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Mr. Nemo posted:

The guy gives off a rapey vibe, but he also looks like a wimp that obeys all rules.
Armchair psychology like this is extremely AUG and my favourite thing about these threads.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: Can We All Just Applaud This Person?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Evilreaver posted:

:eng101: Entering a cold room/whatever causes your skin's blood vessels to constrict, which raises your blood pressure a tiny bit, which makes your kidneys say "Woah, gotta dump some water to equalize blood pressure".

Now that you know this, you'll notice it all the time :unsmigghh:

When my mum lived in the countryside, she had a storage building where if you went in you immediately started farting what's up with that?

(This is a completely serious post by the way.)

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

quote:

Woman orders iPhone 7 online, gets an iPhone 3, iPhone 4 and a Yu-Gi-Oh fusion card in the mail instead

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
I like how she strategically placed the card to obscure the "G" on the iPhone 3G.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Jerry Cotton posted:

When my mum lived in the countryside, she had a storage building where if you went in you immediately started farting what's up with that?

(This is a completely serious post by the way.)

gas ghouls

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
I feel this needs xposting

Bogan King posted:

Not linking to it because it's Alex Jones but there is this

Alex Jones posted:

When I was 16, I didn’t want to party any more. I didn’t want to play games any more.

I grew up. I’d already been in the fights, all the big rituals. I’d already had probably – I hate to brag, but I’m not bragging, it’s actually shameful – probably 150 women, or more, that’s conservative. I’d already had over 150 women. I’d already been in fights with full-grown men. I was already dating college girls by the time I was 15-years-old. I was already a man at 16.

Totally not bragging at all :smugdog:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bogan King posted:

I feel this needs xposting

Totally not bragging at all :smugdog:

I dunno, he was a bit of a stud in his youth.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

If it's in China like I think it is, I might believe it. People get wired about Apple products here in China, and online shopping scams are incredibly common.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

fish and chips and dip posted:

If it's in China like I think it is, I might believe it. People get wired about Apple products here in China, and online shopping scams are incredibly common.

This went viral on Chinese social media last year when it first showed up. A lot of people actually called it out as a funny joke, I was never sure if it actually happened or not.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

chitoryu12 posted:

This makes me uncomfortable

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

:popeye:

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

fish and chips and dip posted:

"Here in China"? The great firewall permits SA?... Have they seen this place?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Catberry posted:

Basically everyone in China who is tech-savvy uses a VPN.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Catberry posted:

Actually SA has never been blocked in China, by the Chinese government anyway. It's sort of blocked by proxy now because certain cloudflare stuff doesn't work in China, though.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I remember reading a story about a bloke who wanted to buy a cheap XBox an eBay, and received a printed out picture of it. I don't know if he managed to refund this purchase somehow, because the description was misleading, but there you go.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Paladinus posted:

I remember reading a story about a bloke who wanted to buy a cheap XBox an eBay, and received a printed out picture of it. I don't know if he managed to refund this purchase somehow, because the description was misleading, but there you go.

This one?

https://www.cnet.com/uk/news/teen-pays-735-for-photo-of-xbox-one-on-ebay/

quote:

There was one big red flag on the listing. The description noted the item up for auction was a photo. However, since it was listed in the consoles category and the seller had good feedback, Clatworthy went ahead with the purchase. "It said 'photo' and I was in two minds, but I looked at the description and the fact it was in the right category made me think it was genuine," he explained

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

chitoryu12 posted:

:vince:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Yes. I thought the description was more vague than that, lol.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

My parents only ever did that to me once. My dad got pissed at me once, and threatened to take away some fireworks we were going to launch on Halloween. I was basically "Go ahead, big man." He then proceeded to take them and break them all in half and dump out the contents into a water bucket.

I was pissed, but I will always savor the look on my dads face when I told him "Whatever, you're the one who paid for them. Nice going flushing your money down the toilet." I think it might've been the first time I "bested" my dad, and one of the first times I started to realize my dad was an intensely stupid man who had stopped learning and maturing at about age 14.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Re: Hyper political third grader

Nine year olds can definitely talk like that, but they don't really know what the hell they're saying. Most likely they are parroting something their YouTube idol said. Case in point - recently, my nine year old nephew correctly used the word "ergo" in an argument with his dad. Who knows where he got the word, but it made us all laugh in surprise. The thing is though that the argument was about why he should get Minecraft on Nintendo when he already had​ it for three other consoles. So it's still a very childish conversation to have.

Kids try to talk big sometimes because they want to grow up. It's not at all a sign that they are mature, just that they are growing up. It's just plain stupid to imply your dumbass kid is some genius savant because he can copy a quote from Bill Maher.

That's all assuming that this happened, by the way. Which it didn't.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

"The bus stopped idk why"

Yeah because that's a mystery worth adding to the story. Public transport that stops at multiple places that aren't your house or the comic book store. Woooeeeoooooooo it's the loving twilight zone.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Sure this happened. But what got omitted was how the judge then had the friend arrested for contempt of court.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Sure this happened. But what got omitted was how the judge then had the friend arrested for contempt of court.

I've sat jury duty in two cases and not once was I sworn in, and pretty much we were generally encouraged not to say a drat thing (aside from answering selection questions). Just sit in the box and listen to both sides. Are there jurisdictions where jurors are sworn in on a bible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Do jury members even have to do that? I was on a jury for an attempted murder case and never had to be sworn in. And why would I have had to, since it's not like the jury is testifying?