Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Rad Valtar posted:

Be careful of those game cases they might get wrapped around a fishes neck in the grim dark plastic future of 2020.

Ah yes a fantastic attitude. Great forward thinking. I can't download 6.7 gigabytes and minimize the ecological footprint of my children's toys... just keep the factories all running... pump out more indestructible plastic... it's much more important I save enough money to buy some more nuggets and I can also give an empty plastic case to my daughter because I'm the father of the year. Here you go love, remember this fun experience when your planet is dead. I did it for you dear :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
This thread is wild

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

monkeu posted:

Ah yes a fantastic attitude. Great forward thinking. I can't download 6.7 gigabytes and minimize the ecological footprint of my children's toys... just keep the factories all running... pump out more indestructible plastic... it's much more important I save enough money to buy some more nuggets and I can also give an empty plastic case to my daughter because I'm the father of the year. Here you go love, remember this fun experience when your planet is dead. I did it for you dear :laugh:

are you really getting a lot of :smug: out of talking down to people trying to save pennies on their switch games :confused:

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

Having children (and a wife) are precisely why it was better for me to stick with physical.
Rather than paying for five digital copies, we could share one physical copy for the most part.

I think we all paid for digital Smash Bros. and Animal Crossing on 3DS since they needed a save file each (I think), and since they were just commodities that were unlikely to fetch much on the resale market.

Also, I think I'd sooner own Earthbound on physical than a digital VC version.

It's also kind of surprising the collectors haven't spoken up about the satisfaction and pride of ownership.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I loved Sonic Racing Transformed a whole lot, but more recently I played Mario Kart 7 on 3DS and thought it was thoroughly dull. Is Mario Kart 8 different enough that I might like it??

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

monkeu posted:

You would think maybe your daughter would appreciate a planet not choked by endless plastic from needless physical media a bit more than a possible Arby's family dinner in 2020 thanks to your fantastic financial planning

You paid money to post this on an internet forum

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
a game sitting in a case on a shelf in someone's house is going to destroy the environment by 2020

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Wendell posted:

I loved Sonic Racing Transformed a whole lot, but more recently I played Mario Kart 7 on 3DS and thought it was thoroughly dull. Is Mario Kart 8 different enough that I might like it??

not really

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Wendell posted:

Sonic racing transformed Devi made MK8 so it should be more like that.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
nintendo switch was a mistake

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wendell posted:

this one has upside down tracks and hangliders and squid kids

no

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Did the patches for Has-Been Heroes fix its problems or is it still not worth picking up

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm going to make sure to play MK8 Deluxe everyday since I only have 3 years left.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Guys, I'm buying most games physical, because I'm not some weird hoarder who needs to have all the games they've ever bought on hand at all times.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Fly with me posted:

Guys, I'm buying most games physical, because I'm not some weird hoarder who needs to have all the games they've ever bought on hand at all times.

That's right, sometimes I'd rather just carry the console around by itself with no games

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

whaley posted:

That's right, sometimes I'd rather just carry the console around by itself with no games

A good carrying case has like 10 card slots or more, which is great because there's going to be like five games on the switch this year worth buying, you can be set until late next year!

monkeu posted:

If you care about the environment, why do you buy videogame consoles at all?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Celery Jello posted:

Did the patches for Has-Been Heroes fix its problems or is it still not worth picking up

Look in your heart

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
are you guys still arguing about physical vs digital

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

eonwe posted:

are you guys still arguing about physical vs digital

Give it a few days and we will loop back into ethics of amiibo download chat.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Seriously who the gently caress cares how you play your games. Video games are fun to play! Not arguing about them. Or even trying to troll about them.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Here's my hot take for the Switch thread: Puyo Puyo Tetris is unplayable garbage... on the joycons.

I love Tetris, but the joystick and an L button the size of a grain of rice threw me so far off I had to give up after a couple rounds.

Give me a way to use an N64 D-pad, then we'll talk.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Here's my hot take for the Switch thread: Puyo Puyo Tetris is unplayable garbage... on the joycons.

I love Tetris, but the joystick and an L button the size of a grain of rice threw me so far off I had to give up after a couple rounds.

Why are are you using the joystick? L button, why are you pressing the L button? What does it even do???

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Hahahahah the satisfaction and pride of ownership. I'm glad that you guys honestly think that some nerds love of his 100% unnecessary wall of useless plastic boxes is more of a concern than the future of this planet.

I'm sure the little tiny plastic boxes that literally aren't required to carry the children's toys and games they represent must look amazing next to all your anime statuettes and body pilllows though.

To be fair though I guess any nerd who honestly takes pride in their collection of Nintendo cartridges and plastic boxes probably doesn't have anything else in their life to be proud of :laugh:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

The N64 didn't have a d-pad :colbert:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

monkeu posted:

To be fair though I guess any nerd who honestly takes pride in their collection of Nintendo cartridges and plastic boxes probably doesn't have anything else in their life to be proud of :laugh:

Ask JivJov to post his amiibo collection.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

monkeu posted:

Hahahahah the satisfaction and pride of ownership. I'm glad that you guys honestly think that some nerds love of his 100% unnecessary wall of useless plastic boxes is more of a concern than the future of this planet.

I'm sure the little tiny plastic boxes that literally aren't required to carry the children's toys and games they represent must look amazing next to all your anime statuettes and body pilllows though.

:laugh:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Ineffiable posted:

Video games are fun to play!

Finally, something we can all agree is 100% wrong

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Kashuno posted:

Finally, something we can all agree is 100% wrong

Well it all depends on how you store the bits

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Well if you're looking for switches, Best Buy is holding them from sale until Mario kart day

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Kashuno posted:

You paid money to post this on an internet forum

actually he registered before the forums had a paid entry fee.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rad Valtar posted:

Also me and my wife have budget for our hobbies so we can save as much money as possible for our daughters future, please send help.

lol, that's sad as poo poo.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Celery Jello posted:

The day one patch fixed the biggest complaint, and the second most legitimate one I'm aware of is the wonky UI, which I believe is still in place but I didn't have trouble adjusting to it.

Also I logged over 35 hours then was sad when I maxed out the difficulty. I hope they patch in a hard mode.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Consummate Professional posted:

Well if you're looking for switches, Best Buy is holding them from sale until Mario kart day

What kind of moron buys a physical Switch when you can just play Mario Kart on an emulator known as your own mind?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

What kind of moron buys a physical Switch when you can just play Mario Kart on an emulator known as your own mind?

Imagining playing a game is technically piracy unless you own the cartridge, or only imagine it for less than 24 hours before forgetting it.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

monkeu posted:

so i have a question. assuming you were a teenager when you registered in 2000, you'd have to be in your 30s by now, right? possibly even 40s? so like, shouldn't you have grown up? your trolling is like a teenager who just found maddox and thought he was the coolest dude ever

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cardboard Box posted:

so i have a question. assuming you were a teenager when you registered in 2000, you'd have to be in your 30s by now, right? possibly even 40s? so like, shouldn't you have grown up? your trolling is like a teenager who just found maddox and thought he was the coolest dude ever

For every game box you dont eat im gonna eat 3

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
Lets play a game, I'll post in the style of someone on this thread and you have to guess who it is.

The game starts now. :laugh:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

pippy posted:

Lets play a game, I'll post in the style of someone on this thread and you have to guess who it is.

The game starts now. :laugh:

It is so flattering that you'd post like me! drat, I'm blushing.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

monkeu posted:

Of all threads to take on the hashtag woke grandpa gimmick, you pick the Switch thread, whose cases and cartridges are made up of less materials than like any console in video game history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

The N64 didn't have a d-pad :colbert:

Somebody never played mischief makers

• Locked thread