Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Guy Goodbody posted:

All of the rules from all of the codexes are invalidated.

What they should have done was not released any books for 2 years leading up to the new edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I really shouldn't be surprised by how quickly and fervently hams throw themselves at the opportunity to carry water for this company after 20 years, but some of you guys still manage to amaze me.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

adamantium|wang posted:

I really shouldn't be surprised by how quickly and fervently hams throw themselves at the opportunity to carry water for this company after 20 years, but some of you guys still manage to amaze me.

Dude you're so upset about this that you're angry that they posted a self-deprecating joke in their new edition FAQ and people found it amusing. Maybe it's time to take a step back, just cool off for a few.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

RagnarokAngel posted:

Everything is inevitably invalidated, sweeped away like dust in the winds of time. Enjoy the moment.

It's pronounced "ducks". All we are is ducks in the wind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEBLt6Kd9EY

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

TheChirurgeon posted:

Dude you're so upset about this that you're angry that they posted a self-deprecating joke in their new edition FAQ and people found it amusing. Maybe it's time to take a step back, just cool off for a few.

Ah cool I can't ask why we should trust them because they made ~a joke~

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

RagnarokAngel posted:

Everything is inevitably invalidated, sweeped away like dust in the winds of time. Enjoy the moment.
Thank you for your insight. I will take it to heart and pass your wise teachings to GW by giving them a fleeting desire to buy some 40k models instead of actual money.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Pierzak posted:

Thank you for your insight. I will take it to heart and pass your wise teachings to GW by giving them a fleeting desire to buy some 40k models instead of actual money.

Namaste.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

adamantium|wang posted:

What do you mean carrying water? GW has made more good decisions than bad recently, and so people are excited for the new edition of 40k. What do you want, everybody to be shouting about how it's the End Times all over again?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I touched Saint Duncan today. It was a good day.

Bask in my magnificence!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I hope they don't ruin 30k with their new rules.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I touched Saint Duncan today. It was a good day.

Bask in my magnificence!

Hopefully it was two light touches.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

JBP posted:

I hope they don't ruin 30k with their new rules.

All arrows point to 30k staying as is, i.e. it's little weird fusion of 6th and 7th. Lines up with the internal line of making the mainline games scale in complexity from AoS->40k->30k.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Floppychop posted:

The model rules, detachments, and formations are invalidated though. Sucks for those that got them for that reason.

Yeah gently caress that poo poo though, for real.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah gently caress that poo poo though, for real.

You mean I won't get to be charged on the first turn by unerring drop podded assault troops with relentless devastators tagging along to deny me even overwatch so I'm -completely- helpless? Tell me it isn't so!

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
They got their few months of dunking on people with their fancy new toys, I think they'll be okay.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
7th was a flaming pile of garbage strewn across dozens of books. Anyone mourning its loss is an idiot.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
My only mark for the new edition's quality is going to be whether it has Guardsman Marbo or not.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Acebuckeye13 posted:

My only mark for the new edition's quality is going to be whether it has Guardsman Marbo or not.

He's not being sold sooooo

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

SteelMentor posted:

All arrows point to 30k staying as is, i.e. it's little weird fusion of 6th and 7th. Lines up with the internal line of making the mainline games scale in complexity from AoS->40k->30k.

It's staying as is temporarily, which probably either means a year or however long it takes them to put out Angelus.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
:siren: Enjoy the glory days before Age of Emperor breaks your heart. Take this poo poo off my hands! :siren:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818054#post471634082

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

SteelMentor posted:

From what I've read, fw has no interest in keeping alive 7th edition. It'll be 8th in six months.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

muggins posted:

From what I've read, fw has no interest in keeping alive 7th edition. It'll be 8th in six months.
I fully expect 30k to stay with 7th edition rules until the next round of red books. They have that system in place so they can easily update everything. Whether it'll be quick is another matter entirely.

The existing black books won't be touched, of course, but they're mainly for fluff and pretty pictures. The books going forward will be written with 8th in mind, but I just hope they've been caught in time to get Angelus under the right edition.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I'd like to make an open apology to the 40k thread for insisting for months that GW were releasing end times books that would be completely invalidated by a new edition. I'd also like to offer my sincereand unironic thanks for not making GBS threads on me too hard when I claimed that new marine 2.0 leak was completely real and not a conversion. I can't believe I've spent months shitposting and drawing parallels to the Fantasy end times where none clearly existed.

It's hard to admit being so wrong for so long.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
They won't touch 30k just like they wouldn't possibly touch 40k or fantasy.

I did get back into 40k due to traitor legions. I liked how Emps Children and Night Lords worked. Good to know I'm a garbage idiot.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

For_Great_Justice posted:

I did get back into 40k due to traitor legions. I liked how Emps Children and Night Lords worked. Good to know I'm a garbage idiot.

Please go back and quote all the people making GBS threads on posters saying "Maybe now isn't a great time to get in.."

Do the needful.

EDIT: They absolutely will ratfuck 30k too. The wording of the FAQ says that 30k uses 7th for now. 30k is not safe. There are no sacred cows. All is dust. Marine 2.0 was real.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

For_Great_Justice posted:

Oh, no, they're going to get to 30k, but it's FW who'll be doing it and they... aren't quick. 7th is going to linger as a stopgap, nothing more.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

TheChirurgeon posted:

fuckin lol at this level of bitterness

fuckin lol at this level of cuckoldry

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

loving lol at this gay earth

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

Some say on cold moonlit nights on B&C an Dakka lone despair filled whispers of "don't worry, gw will be releasing 9th ed any day now".

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I look forward to fan projects 'Kings of Space War' and '8th Space Age'.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TKIY posted:

I look forward to fan projects 'Kings of Space War' and '8th Space Age'.

We can use our old books :qq:

i'll make the wiki. who wants to mod the offsite forum for organinsing local leagues?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seeing the new guys painted, I'm pretty sure the rumor about them was wrong. Remember, the rumor was that they were some kind of new super marine, different from regular marines. But look at these dudes. They're painted just like regular marines, they have the same markings and everything. It would be really hard to tell them apart from old Space Marines on the table. I think they're just new Space Marine models, not a new army

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Seeing the new guys painted, I'm pretty sure the rumor about them was wrong. Remember, the rumor was that they were some kind of new super marine, different from regular marines. But look at these dudes. They're painted just like regular marines, they have the same markings and everything. It would be really hard to tell them apart from old Space Marines on the table. I think they're just new Space Marine models, not a new army

Possible, but lets not move those goalposts. The leaked picture was declared an obvious conversion and not real at all. It was real.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

It's true; I let GW gently caress the poo poo out of my wife

TTerrible posted:

I'd like to make an open apology to the 40k thread for insisting for months that GW were releasing end times books that would be completely invalidated by a new edition. I'd also like to offer my sincereand unironic thanks for not making GBS threads on me too hard when I claimed that new marine 2.0 leak was completely real and not a conversion. I can't believe I've spent months shitposting and drawing parallels to the Fantasy end times where none clearly existed.

Well it's good to see that you can be the bigger person about it

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TTerrible posted:

Possible, but lets not move those goalposts. The leaked picture was declared an obvious conversion and not real at all. It was real.

Who cares? The actual rumor that upset people seems pretty unlikely

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's true; I let GW gently caress the poo poo out of my wife

Well it's good to see that you can be the bigger person about it

Tell me you wouldn't enjoy this level of told-you-so holy poo poo. This is nourishing like oxygen.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Who cares? The actual rumor that upset people seems pretty unlikely

I care because people were so loving smug about it being a conversion and the death thread were goddamn idiots for falling for an obvious conversion.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Can't wait to straddle my couch like a jetbike and yell "for the emperor" while I waggle a lamp around and give all my guys invulnerable saves.

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

gently caress off.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

TTerrible posted:

You're really enjoying this aren't you!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Still waiting for my square bases though TtErrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

First it was NOT REAL NO WAY, then possible conversion, then possible alternate something to yeah its just real period. An anyone who said real was poo poo on.

• Locked thread