Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Jacques had like 9 different looks in his career and they all looked like absolute poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

loving lol every time at his career. Straight off a cliff.

Like, you can't just be that bad. Craig Pollock hosed him so hard with the whole BAR poo poo.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This was a mistake.

I hope this weighs on you for a while...or until you decide to change your title again

Okay, and here I was thinking Jos is crazy. That title has been revoked in my book.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bike racing has some great "off a loving cliff" careers. And some very depressing ones.

RIP. (as it turns out, Freddie probably had carpal tunnel syndrome)

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

Okay, and here I was thinking Jos is crazy. That title has been revoked in my book.

Jacques just had a very hard time coming to terms that he was going bald rapidly and horribly.

Jos literally beats his wife and son into submission and lives through Max as the driver he wishes he was.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tony Montana posted:

so what is this Triple Crown poo poo? Tony ponders

I wonder if an American created it. I've never heard anyone other than Americans talk about it. It kind of elevates their Indy into another tier, although it is Monaco lol.

I googled it and an American reporter in an American publication called the Daily Racing Form put it into widespread use in the 1930s.

Triple Crown - Yet another thing the Yanks made up and act like we should all know what it is

Your posts are really bad. Myrddin_Emrys mused

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Jacques had like 9 different looks in his career and they all looked like absolute poo poo.

Jacques' fashion sense embodies everything I disliked about 90s fashion trends.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can't find a picture of it, but it still doesn't beat when Damon Hill showed up to do the F1 Digital UK coverage in 2002 with a goatee and what looked like some kind of perm.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

Jacques just had a very hard time coming to terms that he was going bald rapidly and horribly.

Jos literally beats his wife and son into submission and lives through Max as the driver he wishes he was.

Okay, I'll concede. Jacques is that weird goon you don't want to associate with. Jos is that child & wife beater you definitely don't want to associate with.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This was a mistake.

Hahahahaha

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

GramCracker posted:

Okay, I'll concede. Jacques is that weird goon you don't want to associate with. Jos is that child & wife beater you definitely don't want to associate with.

Which raises the question;

who is the gooniest F1 driver ever? Taki Inoue seems way too obvious a choice. Any other good candidates?

Stroll is also pretty obvious contender

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Clearly Seb

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

nsaP posted:

Clearly Seb

Seb can be a whiny, petulant child, but he also has his moments where he's witty, clever and almost likable.

We need someone who is awkward as gently caress.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Like, who, when asked about self defense, could you honestly imagine sperging out for half an hour about his hanzo steel?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Maldonado

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Carth Dookie posted:

who is the gooniest F1 driver ever? Taki Inoue seems way too obvious a choice. Any other good candidates?

It's undoubtedly Their Jacques. I mean, cmon, this dude wants to show you his Yugi-oh card collection or talk about katana's:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

iospace posted:

Maldonado

Oh gently caress I think you might be on to something.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

djssniper posted:

Roger Williamson's was the most heartbreaking one, haunts me that one

for fucks sake that was horrible

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Bike racing has some great "off a loving cliff" careers.
Isle of Man has some literal "off a cliff" careers

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

It's undoubtedly Their Jacques. I mean, cmon, this dude wants to show you his Yugi-oh card collection or talk about katana's:

absolutely this.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

GramCracker posted:

He used to play Everquest too. Thats pretty loving goony

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

absolutely this.

That's pretty hard to top.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Glad we can all agree on something for once. The Worst Thread breaks new ground

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Carth Dookie posted:

Lauda.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

Like, who, when asked about self defense, could you honestly imagine sperging out for half an hour about his hanzo steel?

Alonso

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Yeah but he got cool in his old age. Also too successful.

True. I could imagine Alonso being a secret goon, but he's too pretty, successful and ungoony in just about every other way.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Nico Rosberg had the gooniest ears though.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Carth Dookie posted:

Nico Rosberg had the gooniest ears though.

Lmao what

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

This is actually a pretty cool story behind that stupid zipper livery. It was getting around sponsorship rules.

Carth Dookie posted:

True. I could imagine Alonso being a secret goon, but he's too pretty, successful and ungoony in just about every other way.

Alonso is not secret about being a goon at all. ALso his loving back tattoo...

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I can't say I've ever noticed Nico Rosbergs ears

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

If you're looking for someone slightly competent (but who thinks they're amazing) and eager to [post] about it, difficult to work with and eager to blame others, you don't need to look much further than Mansell.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Check 'em.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

WOAH. What's going on there?! It's like his ears have an extra chromosome

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Come to think of it Lewis probably posts in E/N

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Lucky Strike livery is maybe my favorite racing livery ever. Both in F1 and in bikes.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Khablam posted:

Come to think of it Lewis probably posts in E/N

No. He definitely posts in E/N

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I bet Lewis has at least visited the forums when he was a kid.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The Lucky Strike livery is maybe my favorite racing livery ever. Both in F1 and in bikes.

That's pretty great on that bike.

In cars its gotta be the the Black and Gold JPS Lotus. For bikes, for some reason the one that sticks out for me is the Castrol Honda colours of the 90's. I don't know why, its not like they were particularly special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Carth Dookie posted:

That's pretty great on that bike.

In cars its gotta be the the Black and Gold JPS Lotus. For bikes, for some reason the one that sticks out for me is the Castrol Honda colours of the 90's. I don't know why, its not like they were particularly special.

I have to disagree. The Rothmans livery is the bananas

• Locked thread